• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Which ones did you go to? Did you have a problem with the time or... something else? J/c...

I personally go to them because... well everyone else in the MW goes and it's being featured and !@#$. Plus it's at a way better venue this time.

And damn it... I need to play some DK mains... I must unleash angry pent-up nerd rage from getting Ooked last time at Nope's I think.
I went to 3 and 4. both were very poorly run tournaments. singles starting at 8 at night? going until 2 in the morning?

not to mention the whole incident where she kicked all of st. louis out of her house at 1 in the morning with absolutely no warning because we " were too noisy the night before" yet MD/VA got to stay with her

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
oh yea you WERE apart of the ST. Louis group huh. I'm still sorry to hear about that :<

Well, if you end up going to any large tournaments in the near future I hope I'll be there. I'm usually restricted to OH/IL/IN(ofcourse) area unless my dad gets a hairbrained idea to travel LOL.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I had to read your profile to know who you are dude. Peachguard, I don't know much about you, I've only heard your name a few times on AiB I think... Did we ever play on there?

Sorry XD

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Lmao, orly? I haven't been on AiB in AGES.

I'm not even sure if we played. I wasn't ever a fan of WiFi.

:peach:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
lol that's possibly why I don't really know you, I probably heard you once on AiB or maybe at smashboards. Your name is very recognizable.

Did you just start using Donkey Kong, or do you main him, or is Peach your real main? What's the situation? I double main Wario/Pit myself.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeh, I co main Peach and DK.

I'm second best Peach in Texas. :3

And Hopefully I can get best DK in Texas soon. My DK has improved like a mofo..

:peach: :dk2:

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace

Neon!

Smash Lord
Yeh, I co main Peach and DK.

I'm second best Peach in Texas. :3

And Hopefully I can get best DK in Texas soon. My DK has improved like a mofo..

:peach: :dk2:
Play my snake again ;) Bigfoot is the highest ranked dk in Texas, then CG, then me and then Pg. Hopefully we can play at hobo 32 or something.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
CG, I accept your challenge. If I complete even a section of a DKC song, I believe I deserve a trophy.

edit: After playing it for a while, everything begins to sound like DKC music, though I think I'm actually close to the song for the waterfall levels in DKC3.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
stage tactics

extended SA on edges and platforms
YI, PC, brinstar, RC invincibility glitch
lagless UP-b landings
water spiking
side-b fall through on halberd and delfino

character specific

ness/lucas infinite
cargo up-throw up-air frame trap on snake and others
gimping link/ganon
grab release on wario plus awesomeness of ledge slip and platform cancels against him
avoiding falco, wario chaingrab/ nado
edge guarding ike
diddy's bananas

DK himself

DK's own grab release
b-reverse headbutt survival
up-b brake
GFSC
any other advice? how about advice on what order to do things in?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
CG, I accept your challenge. If I complete even a section of a DKC song, I believe I deserve a trophy.

edit: After playing it for a while, everything begins to sound like DKC music, though I think I'm actually close to the song for the waterfall levels in DKC3.
Man, if you do this. I will so completely amazed. I dont know what, but you should deserve something if you pull it off.

any other advice? how about advice on what order to do things in?
How about getting of the ledge (since we do have a variety of choices), gimping characters, moves we can punish with d-smash and punch, ledge slip mehcanics (jab to headbut), upb and down b as an approach when to how to use them. Is all i got for now

I check the board about once a day to lurk

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You should try and do a demonstration of how to successfully land giant punch.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
How about getting of the ledge (since we do have a variety of choices), gimping characters, moves we can punish with d-smash and punch, ledge slip mehcanics (jab to headbut), upb and down b as an approach when to how to use them. Is all i got for now
punishing moves with d-smash isn't really an advanced tactic. and neither is approaching >_>

You should try and do a demonstration of how to successfully land giant punch.
I wouldn't even know how to start that. other than falling punches and b-reverse off platform punches

Advice on how to beat metal music man
how about falco in general? lol

Neon!

Smash Lord
punishing moves with d-smash isn't really an advanced tactic. and neither is approaching >_>

I wouldn't even know how to start that. other than falling punches and b-reverse off platform punches

how about falco in general? lol
I dont think this was mentioned yet but you could explore followups on dtilt when it trips and when it doesnt, (it has a 40% chance of tripping when fresh i think)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you can do everything but 9 wind and side -b I think. I know f-smash is guaranteed if you buffer it

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I dont think this was mentioned yet but you could explore followups on dtilt when it trips and when it doesnt, (it has a 40% chance of tripping when fresh i think)
The trip % doesn't stale, although eventually you start hitting them too hard to trip them. Also it combos into side b but they can break out of it so fast at low %'s you are probably better off doing something else (unless you know they will mash out something really punishable lol). It doesn't really combo into anything (without a wall) if it doesn't trip them.

For Ripple's video I'd like to see ledge stuff. Basically getting back on the stage safely and how to keep them from getting back on safely. Maybe some GFSC headbutt stuff and how to use bananas too. I'm not sure it would all fit in one video though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The trip % doesn't stale, although eventually you start hitting them too hard to trip them. Also it combos into side b but they can break out of it so fast at low %'s you are probably better off doing something else (unless you know they will mash out something really punishable lol). It doesn't really combo into anything (without a wall) if it doesn't trip them.

For Ripple's video I'd like to see ledge stuff. Basically getting back on the stage safely and how to keep them from getting back on safely. Maybe some GFSC headbutt stuff and how to use bananas too. I'm not sure it would all fit in one video though.
if you could explain how I would do this, I'll try and include it.

btw, this'll be multiple videos

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I'm bored so I think I'm going to make a DK advanced tactics video. I need some suggestions. also gonna do match up specific tatcics.

stage tactics

extended SA on edges and platforms
YI, PC, brinstar, RC invincibility glitch
lagless UP-b landings
water spiking

character specific

ness/lucas infinite
cargo up-throw up-air frame trap on snake and others
gimping link/ganon
grab release on wario plus awesomeness of ledge slip and platform cancels against him
avoiding falco, wario chaingrab/ nado
edge guarding ike

Dk himself
DK's own grab release
b-reverse headbutt survival
up-b brake
You should totally make a video like this for Zelda.
I for one think the smash community would benefit greatly from this.
At least I would.:awesome:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You should probably put the survival video into one general DI video. Instead of having multiple videos for b-reverse headbutt and up-b break, is what I mean.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You should probably put the survival video into one general DI video. Instead of having multiple videos for b-reverse headbutt and up-b break, is what I mean.
3 videos, DK himself video, stage tactics, and Character specific

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
if you could explain how I would do this, I'll try and include it.

btw, this'll be multiple videos
For the GFSC headbutt stuff, it would just be explaining how to do it, who it works on, and when to go for it (punishing landing lag for example). IIRC I made a list of who it doesn't work on a while back in my frame data thread. If it's not there it's probably in the backroom or in the metagame thread.

For the banana stuff I would put in glide tossing, z dropping, cargo release on your banana to Dsmash, and canceling air dodges into banana throws (to instantly catch a banana and throw it back).

For the ledge stuff I was thinking you could show the best ways to get back on the ledge past 100%. Basic stuff like ledge drop double jump punch/air dodge/auto canceled Uair. Some mindgames like holding down during up b to control when you ledge snap or charging 1-2 winds in between ledge grabs. Some tricks like going under SV from one ledge to the other or ledge drop double jump reverse charge to get back on the stage with Bair.

For the anti-ledge game stuff I was just thinking you could show how to abuse the situation vs like Snake, D3, Oli, etc. Basically how to force them to take damage once they get on the ledge. This part should probably be it's own video with lots of other edge-guarding stuff.

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
Sup everyone :3 Washington DK main here

I used to play DK back in 08-09 then switched to a bunch of different characters but I'm finally back to the kong and just wanted to introduce myself and start making posts in the future. Hopefully I can get some vids up soon so I can get some tips lol.

-MrB0jangle

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Funny you should mention down taunt. At a friend's house recently my friend was using my controller and ragethrew it, almost breaking it. The only buttons/sticks left was the control stick, c-stick, jump, and down taunt. The other taunts were gone. I proceeded to beat him (he's new) using only bair and down taunt.
Down taunt is a truly magical thing.

Top Bottom