• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Soooo, Halifax has a tourney this Saturday coming up, and if all things go well, we'll be livestreaming it...

It'd be superspecialawesome having fellow DK mains critique mah matches when they're on the stream, and just so you can get a feel for our scene n' stuff...

Just sayin'. :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol I just saw your match will. I'm more surprised that it actually worked than anything else really. I've played Rich a few times and he knew the MU pretty well so I didn't expect he would fall for it. You must have really got him angry lol.

I just played Brawl and Melee with a friend the other day after a long time of not playing either. It was nice to play smash again. It's been a while since I've posted anything, but it's all good.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Nice to see you still live, Big O. And yeah, Rich was really mad at the time but they say they're cool now.

I think it worked mostly because of the stress. Losers bracket in a national, game 3, vs. DK. The pressure to not mess up must've been pretty intense, I bet he really didn't want to lose an early stock. That's how I'm seeing it now, at least.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Oh man, Sucker Punch was legit. I liked it a lot.
8/10
:brawl: :brawl: :brawl: :brawl: :brawl: :brawl: :brawl: :brawl: :melee: :melee:

The opening was soooooo nice. If you havent seen it go watch, and stay after the credits

Cable

Smash Lord
Ahhhh!!! I want to go see Sucker Punch but nobody wants to come with me I dont wanna go alone :(

The movie looks good I want to see Vanessa Hudgens in action I love her so much <3

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Ahhhh!!! I want to go see Sucker Punch but nobody wants to come with me I dont wanna go alone :(

The movie looks good I want to see Vanessa Hudgens in action I love her so much <3
We should organize something, I'll come see it again with you just to see your reaction to how ridiculously hot she is in that movie xD

And noooooo there was something to see after the credits? FFFFFFF. Now I have to see it again!

crifer

Smash Lord
I just booked my flight to APEX (flying from Germany).
I´m gonna be in NYC from 2. january - 9. January, I hope I´ll see some DK Mains and maybe play you guys, especially Will :D

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
what's so fresh about dk?
He's the most well dressed character in brawl, and he just got his tie dry cleaned. Gelled his hair up and everything. This Kong is so fresh.

Oh, but the original joke was that a fresh back-air kills at like 110 or some nonsense and I laugh every time I see it.

Chuee

Smash Hero
My olimar got planked by a DK on the AiB ladder.
I ask him why he's planking me on a joke ladder.
"I just saw Will vs Richbrown and I had to try it"
<.<

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5IHTR_tLVs
Will be killing me. losing to sonics? :( Mean green bairing machine dropping the ball.
Sorry brah. I didn't sleep for even a minute the night before and thus could not comprehend playing patient. I was too aggro that whole day haha. I have a feeling that if I played the matchup more correctly and platform camped, I may have just passed out right there in singles bracket. No johns though. I can no longer call myself a Sonic slayer D=

That **** is hard when they just run away the whole time.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Will you know he learned the matchup from playing me alot in tourney right? It's probly one of his best.

:cool:
Yeah he mentioned you =) He definitely knew what he was doing, it took me off guard haha. It was probably a mistake for me to play him so much before our bracket set then, he knew what to avoid. We MM-ed twice, I won the first set 2-0. He won the second set 2-1, reallly close too!

In bracket I lost to Seagull in winners 0-2, who is ridiculously good btw <3 and for some reason he's really good vs DK too. In losers I had to play D1aos right away, the only person I had played extensively before singles started. It just wasn't my day for singles lol. Props to D1aos though, he's mad good and you've trained him well in that matchup.

Oddly enough, I had contemplated not entering singles that day, since I lacked sleep and was feeling drowsy. After my immediate loss in singles however, I drank a huge bottle of Mountain Dew and amped myself up so that I could redeem myself in the Mid Tier tournament. I went on to beat Boss in winners semis 2-1, then I 3-0ed Seagull in winners finals. Seagull and I ended up splitting in GFs bc he took the first set 3-2 and the venue was closing down. I still got the top placing in Mid Tiers though.

Actually, it seems I may use this as an opportunity to rant. This may look like a paragraph full of johns, I know. But I've been experiencing a terrible lack of motivation to play Brawl lately, and needless to say it's cutting into my ability to play lol. Ever since WHobo it seems I've been branded for what I did, and though I really enjoyed the attention, it seems to have been affecting me. I used to go to tournaments, whether local or regional, every weekend if possible. And nowadays it's finally getting to me, after 3 years... have I become bored of Brawl? Should I use some other characters to spice it up a bit for me? These are issues I am currently contemplating...

D0N

Smash Ace
Yeah he mentioned you =) He definitely knew what he was doing, it took me off guard haha. It was probably a mistake for me to play him so much before our bracket set then, he knew what to avoid. We MM-ed twice, I won the first set 2-0. He won the second set 2-1, reallly close too!

In bracket I lost to Seagull in winners 0-2, who is ridiculously good btw <3 and for some reason he's really good vs DK too. In losers I had to play D1aos right away, the only person I had played extensively before singles started. It just wasn't my day for singles lol. Props to D1aos though, he's mad good and you've trained him well in that matchup.

Oddly enough, I had contemplated not entering singles that day, since I lacked sleep and was feeling drowsy. After my immediate loss in singles however, I drank a huge bottle of Mountain Dew and amped myself up so that I could redeem myself in the Mid Tier tournament. I went on to beat Boss in winners semis 2-1, then I 3-0ed Seagull in winners finals. Seagull and I ended up splitting in GFs bc he took the first set 3-2 and the venue was closing down. I still got the top placing in Mid Tiers though.

Actually, it seems I may use this as an opportunity to rant. This may look like a paragraph full of johns, I know. But I've been experiencing a terrible lack of motivation to play Brawl lately, and needless to say it's cutting into my ability to play lol. Ever since WHobo it seems I've been branded for what I did, and though I really enjoyed the attention, it seems to have been affecting me. I used to go to tournaments, whether local or regional, every weekend if possible. And nowadays it's finally getting to me, after 3 years... have I become bored of Brawl? Should I use some other characters to spice it up a bit for me? These are issues I am currently contemplating...
I also should mention I put a 10$ bounty on your "head" and a few others just to give inspiration to him, DarkFlame, and some others in my area :laugh:. You made the list just because I wanted to see how they would do and knew you would give a good fight in a matchup they had experience with. I've played seagull before in a MM. He's ok, but there's this guy Tedeth in AUS who's like 1000 times better and taught me the matchup so I won :troll:. I can't beat Boss though.

It would suck if you stopped playing, you're one of my favorite players to keep up with placing wise. I think you should try to make reasonable, tangable goals to keep playing. Maybe accomplishing something like you did at Whobo (and maybe some pre-Whobo stuff) was your goal without knowing it so you stopped caring as much. If I only had a slight interest in playing, It helped me keep playing a little longer (and a little better) when I knew who exactly who I wanted to beat or what I wanted to do. Another character may help, but if you think about it its just a new goal.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
D1aos also mentioned over skype knowing the matchup from playing D0N's DK.
I still want my mm with you, will bby ;)
And don't feel depressed about brawl because of some losers who can't accept the fact that what you did was perfectly in accordance with the rules, and it's not like you're a player who abuses rules all the time for wins with no remorse (like a certain ICs main from NY that we know). If that's how the matchup is best played with that ruleset, then play it that way.
Of course I'm a shameless sonic main who will time people out with even 1% differences (has happened before), so it may be different for a DK main than it would be for me lol.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I did notice a disturbing lack of Peach and DK sex jokes...

Welcome back?

Also, Brawl- DK is too good, his Up+B can be moved down...Why can't you move down with the tornado in Vanilla Brawl... :(

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
^Fair trade off.

And to Will, I don't really know how to keep you motivated but it'd suck if you quit. You're literally one of the most inspiring players in the entire smash community. At one point, I got frustrated with DK and quit him for GW, and then I started seeing your videos on youtube and I haven't left him since. I know a lot of people just like this.

Maybe you need to set a goal for yourself? Or I guess you could use other characters, as long as the Kong is getting his share.

Top Bottom