• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I love the snake matchup...

However I think D3 is like 35-65

MK is awful for me too.

I CP falco for the falco matchup and 2 stock falcos that 2 stock my lucario.
rofl I think DDD's very doable

although I pretty much do what you do for falco, but replace "falco" with "snake".

Steam

Smash Hero
I've never had a problem with snake. you just has to play smrt.

and when you get in on him don't let him get out :3

learn to instant throw to because it helps even if they're doing that gay shield random grenade physics drop thingy.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
*coughbothfetishesarestupidcough*

Yea I don't think snakes are problems at all. There just very predictable. Oh and pikas one of my mains, so really anything we have an incredibly gay chaingrab on, I don't consider a threat, especially with quick attack cancels to maneuver around his explosion hax.

Edit: Just saw steams post. I am now disturbed. To disturbed to get at you. ;~;

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hmmmmm D3 isn't as bad as I once thought... I mean D3 has a very linear style, y'know. I'm debating with myself who is worse... Snake or MK.

Start on Smashville and cp Lylat? Yeeeeeeeee boiii.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The biggest problem was that until late 09, most of our snake mains either quit or moved, so I had no snake practice this entire time pretty much.

Then came GC final yesterday, and all the Snakes came slithering from their hide holes, trained for the season final, and beat me in bracket. I will admit part of it was b/c of a sucky controller b/c I forgot mine and had to borrow someone else's (the shield buttons DID not work and would occasionally drop shield unless you pressed it in really hard, and made playing against tornado really difficult), it was so weird to come into that MU.

See unlike snake, DDD doesn't have any way of killing you unless you really mess up and get predictable, you get to be a juggernaut in that MU, the only problem is killing DDD (and of course dealing with bair edgeguard). If I'm playing on a good day I'll get CG'd like... twice in a match. Snake for me was so annoying, partially because this one snake was able to reliably get out of some strings I relied upon (AA/A-> grab, AA/A -> utilt ), and for each time that I would grab he'd get a free ftilt/grab, which although made me switch several times, was still annoying to deal with <_<. And then of course was dealing with snake on the edge or approaching near him in general, It's so much easier to cross up against DDD than it is snake >_<. I've watched some trela v. razer/junebug v. takeover/candy matches to get a better idea of the MU after the tournament, but it was something I was definitely unprepared for.

I gotta admit, when you play people that main snake and don't stink, I can see what Junebug meant by how nasty the MU can be (he thinks it's one of Lucario's steepest MUs)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The biggest problem was that until late 09, most of our snake mains either quit or moved, so I had no snake practice this entire time pretty much.

Then came GC final yesterday, and all the Snakes came slithering from their hide holes and beat me in bracket. I will admit part of it was b/c of a sucky controller b/c I forgot mine and had to borrow someone else's (the shield buttons DID not work and would occasionally drop shield unless you pressed it in really hard, and made playing against tornado really difficult), it was so weird to come into that MU.

See unlike snake, DDD doesn't have any way of killing you unless you really mess up and get predictable, you get to be a juggernaut in that MU, the only problem is killing DDD (and of course dealing with bair edgeguard). If I'm playing on a good day I'll get CG'd like... twice in a match. Snake for me was so annoying, partially because this one snake was able to reliably get out of some strings I relied upon (AA/A-> grab, AA/A -> utilt ), and for each time that I would grab he'd get a free ftilt/grab, which although made me switch several times, was still annoying to deal with <_<. And then of course was dealing with snake on the edge or approaching near him in general, It's so much easier to cross up against DDD than it is snake >_<. I've watched some trela v. razer/junebug v. takeover/candy matches to get a better idea of the MU after the tournament, but it was something I was definitely unprepared for.

I gotta admit, when you play people that main snake and don't stink, I can see what Junebug meant by how nasty the MU can be (he thinks it's one of Lucario's steepest MUs)
Yet another person sees the light...I'm glad. I agree Dedede is hard, but Snake...it's a nightmare. A nightmare that will eat your soul with a single utilt even though you're a mile away while shrugging off all of your kill moves until high percents.

Snake harder than MK...at least MK has to get close to kill you. Snake can let his mines, C4, or nades do the work. And when Lucario relies on Aura to kill, you know that's a bad sign.

Snake da bess...at least vs Lucario. :ohwell:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I think some of lucarios bad MU's are also falco (Obv) And Wario and maybe G&W
a good falco can shut down lucario's air game with good lasering unless he becomes predictable then you could gimp but i think it's a 65-55 match , Wario is a semi light-heavy character that with good spacing he can move around lucarios moves and juggle with Uair or offstage fair lucario off stage then take the edge quick, G&W had turtles, fishbowls, and buckets lucario's most hated objects in the world.

Relying on high percents to fight these characters is a tough task since they can all kill at low percents so a good combo may pull a good show over them quite a few times if i can give my opinion i main lucario after ike though i may be late on this opinions it seems already covered.

Gah777

Smash Lord
i think it's a 65-55 match
where did that other 10 percent come from?

I would agree that Falco would be one of the harder matchups, and DDD is that hard. I can't really say anything about the MK/Snake matchups as i have yet to bust out my Lucario on some of those mains in my state...

Zucco

Smash Master
I think some of lucarios bad MU's are also falco (Obv) And Wario and maybe G&W
a good falco can shut down lucario's air game with good lasering unless he becomes predictable then you could gimp but i think it's a 65-55 match , Wario is a semi light-heavy character that with good spacing he can move around lucarios moves and juggle with Uair or offstage fair lucario off stage then take the edge quick, G&W had turtles, fishbowls, and buckets lucario's most hated objects in the world.

Relying on high percents to fight these characters is a tough task since they can all kill at low percents so a good combo may pull a good show over them quite a few times if i can give my opinion i main lucario after ike though i may be late on this opinions it seems already covered.
all those MUs you listed are 45-55 for us. they are all doable for sure.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gimps aren't even guaranteed for MK, unless you're read or forced into a terrible position offstage...but a utilt from Snake at 120....you are guaranteed to die. <_<

MK is not worse than Snake. MK actually dies at reasonable percent!
Also, this.

It's all a matter of opinion...

Zucco

Smash Master
but snake doesn't gimp the **** out of us.
I rarely ever get gimped by MK. unless im playing someone who knows Lucario VERY well, I can usually find a way around the gimp, and by very well, I mean someone I either play ALOT or like, ksizzle/Lee Martin since they know the character inside and out. Gimps are never guaranteed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Get out of my mind Zucco, lol.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Snake is even. **** you all! You beat Snake by playing a pressure game.
I recently discovered that D3 is 55-45 @D3. Very winnable. You beat D3 by channeling all your patience into timing him out. At the start of the match, I landed a 43% combo, and that set the momentum for me.
MK is 60-40 @MK. This is a battle of wits. It's basically fighting D3 but harder. Patience, and wait for something punishable. Limit MK's options into damage-racking moves. Remember that MK is the 4th-lightest in the game. At high aura, we kill at 90!

Until I get more DK experience, I am going to say it's our hardest matchup. Major range, kills ridiculously early, and out-prioritises our Aura Spheres while getting closer.

Steam

Smash Hero
LoL DK. when AS starts to beat his bair we dominate him. plus when he's recovering we raaaape.

and I guess playing M2K just made me feel hopeless fighting MK lol. now that I think of it Tearbear didn't even get gimps on me.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
MK isn't Lucario's hardest matchup. Snake is harder, by a noticable amount.

vs snake, you need to get the first kill otherwise you have a big disadvantage. snake won't die because lucario goes back to suck mode. vs mk you don't have that issue. it's also easier to call out what mk is going to do imo. like in the air when you are grounded, MK's will dair or tornado. you can fair or up air in between the dairs with prediction and shield, double team, aura sphere, f smash, etc to tornado. snake isn't going to be in the air, has grenades and is an amazing boxer. getting in snake's face is a very risky thing to do but it's also one of the only things you can do. ally was over my house a month ago. we played snake vs lucario. first game was last hit. the other 5 were not close at all. snake is gay.

and m2k isn't so good vs lucario. you just need to not fall for generic meta knight things. me, lee, and stauffy have taken him to last stock or last hit. ive taken him to last game of a set of a grand finals set before, though i wish it was recorded(this was when he didnt care about banning and let me take and beat him on fd easily).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUj1Zm1ZTs

most of our matches are evenish. just dont do anything too risky. you should only get gimped if you're doing something ridiculous.

Steam

Smash Hero
yeah I'm terrible vs. MK personally... M2K 3 stocked me at about 40%... 2nd game was 3 stock 100%.

I did better vs. tearbear's MK. mid% two stocked on brinstar and high % 2 stock on whatever my CP was.

it's annoying... people I DESTROY were getting stocks off of M2K >.>

Zucco

Smash Master
Terra. I heard its best to go in this order:
1. Terra
2. Ventus
3. Aqua

im only on world 3 right now, dwarf woodlands. Proud mode was only hard in the very beginning but atm I have no problems in difficulty.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I went Ventus first, on Terra's now. That probably is the best order, I know way too much as Terra.
Everyone playing on proud mode. (Including me, though.) Nobody hitting that Critical Mode. Too intimidating...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
same here. buying a psp tomorrow. gotta beat mysterious figure on critical. not too many have done it without cheats.

Zucco

Smash Master
I usually dont start on the hardest difficulty incase I want to replay the game with more of a challenge.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Same as Zucco said.
Start on like normal, then go to whatever the hardest difficulty is. Its funner to know how to play before jumping into the hardest mode and getting your butt whooped. :V

Top Bottom