• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
See, only the weak get their ***** whooped on the hardest difficulty without learning how to play yet.

solecalibur

Smash Master
same here. buying a psp tomorrow. gotta beat mysterious figure on critical. not too many have done it without cheats.
dood we are half way over with this generation of video games the next gen is probly 2-3 yrs away if you can wait XD

Im waiting for my xbox361 to come out since i missed my shot at the 360

edit - @ontopic Sheik if you keep getting ftilt'd just platform camp until you get the necessary % where you won't get ftilt'd (better then instantly then just trying to rack up damage while on a platform) , after that just practice the MU until you get better at it since Shiek seems to be a linear character imo

other then that I dont see how your losing just PS needles , her aireals after low %s are kinda crap, Dacaus can be seen from a mile away ...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
From my understanding, BBS is only for the regular PSP and not on the newer PSP Go...which is ********. You're literally forced to buy an older model of the PSP or the bundle just to play it.

I love Sony and their weird decisions.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Sony kinda messed up on this gen , I love my ps3 but no one else has one (probly the $$$ and the online community didnt wanna wait so they went 360) but ps3 is slowly gaining its respect and with the cheaper models we'll see if they can pull back

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Always grab the ledge when sheik is offstage.

forces her to UpB back and gives you a free hit when she lands onstage.

Aggro her, she wins in the long run of camping.

You have no business NOT getting capped every stock, sheik has like no ways to kill you besides ftilt-upsmash, uair at really high %s if you whiff dair, or random fresh aerial offstage.

jabs are super good but you gotta do it out of her grab range since hers is faster.

ftilt is pretty safe on our shield so don't be surprised if she sidesteps your grab or hits you if you drop/jump out of shield.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

if she does manage to tether and you're already offstage dair/fair really quickly might her her out of it.

thats it really.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I would buy a psp for kingdom hearts, especially since this is by far the best game in the series from the looks of it. <3 KH. also <3 aqua and terra no homo!

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHefpAki60

look at 2nd highest rated comment. the one about norris. its amazing. rate it higher. this song is legit tooooo

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
edit - @ontopic Sheik if you keep getting ftilt'd just platform camp until you get the necessary % where you won't get ftilt'd (better then instantly then just trying to rack up damage while on a platform) , after that just practice the MU until you get better at it since Shiek seems to be a linear character imo

other then that I dont see how your losing just PS needles , her aireals after low %s are kinda crap, Dacaus can be seen from a mile away ...
When I get hit by Ftilt, they don't even bother to tilt lock, they just do Ftilt to Dsmash. Needles aren't the issue it's the close up game when Sheik does Ftilt and mixes up follow-ups + SH fair.

I try to shield grab Sheik fair but it never works. :/

Always grab the ledge when sheik is offstage.

forces her to UpB back and gives you a free hit when she lands onstage.

Aggro her, she wins in the long run of camping.

You have no business NOT getting capped every stock, sheik has like no ways to kill you besides ftilt-upsmash, uair at really high %s if you whiff dair, or random fresh aerial offstage.

jabs are super good but you gotta do it out of her grab range since hers is faster.

ftilt is pretty safe on our shield so don't be surprised if she sidesteps your grab or hits you if you drop/jump out of shield.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

if she does manage to tether and you're already offstage dair/fair really quickly might her her out of it.

thats it really.
Yeah, Kennispam just Ftilt to Dsmash's me, kills me with uair and Fair's/Dsmashs. I cap, but it does me no good.

If he switches to Zelda I run circles around her and camp/space the crap out of her.

He also like to run behind be and pivot grab alot but I started to just pivot grab him back when he tries this.

culexus・wau

40 Posts per page is so weird omg.

*switched so he can look at the ZSS MU stuff*

wtf ryu just hold up

dsmash should never kill you ever never forever.

it seems like you need some fair oos in your game if you're having problems up close

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
wtf ryu just hold up

dsmash should never kill you ever never forever.

it seems like you need some fair oos in your game if you're having problems up close
I've died to it near the sides at high percent, if not he would use Fair to either gimp or kill me. Heck he's Fair's me out of my UpB before.

culexus・wau

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
don't get hit by sweetspotted fair, you should be able to outrange/outzone it w/ fair and dair stuff.

Sheik's got it pretty hard against Lucario, and yes, dsmash shouldn't kill you until like maybe 150% minimum lol. Smart sheiks know that ftilt lock hardly works on characters like Lucario, so they're obviously going to mix it up w/ their other moves a bunch. another note, ftilt locks don't work until 20ish percent, make sure you punish a sheik trying to get more than 1 ftilt on you in succession at that percent, get her into the air, she's kinda meh. dair should help make it difficult to get easy percent on your landing with needles, learn to DI every throw. and don't make an obvious mistake near the edge, sheiks love reading w/ usmash or vanish on bad options sometimes as a surprise, but will quickly switch tactics on good opponents. Watch out for nair, it's one of her other kill moves she'll try to land if she can't kill you with usmash/fair gimp/vanish successfully.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, just watched for spaced fairs and her dacus, which is super good.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Match up discussion huh?
Well ok, I need help against olimar. ._.

I have no clue what to do to him as lucario. I just kinda...rush him frm the air or space him away further from me. If i stay away he outcamps me hard. I have no problem with this match up as yoshi, but with lucario have no clue what im suppose to do so I become reckless.

Steam

Smash Hero
attack from 45 Degree angles and mix up your approaches a lot... hope you guess right and don't mess up when you get him in the air/ offstage

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Save AS when Oli is off stage...don't use fsmash as much...watch Pikmin order...abuse his tether recovery...expects lots of grabs and smashes...Olimar is annoying, lol.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ha, so either way its gonna be outpredicting him until hes knocked off the stage? Alright thanks guys. xD

Also yea, I was like "WTF" when a fully charged aura sphere was blocked by a single pikmin. Apparently flower men > big blue balls of destruction. ._.

culexus・wau

Fair pikmin.

nair them off if they're on you.

jab a lot up close, grabs too.

when he starts sidestepping, your grabs out of fear thats an fsmash opportunity and sometimes if they even grab late the Fsmash will hit them LOL.

shield fsmashes and sidestep grabs, running up to olimar is a 50/50 mix-up.

Dooooooon't fair nair into him if he has space behind him, he will pivot grab you.

you can SDI out of his nair into and dair him, I'm not so sure if it works at higher %s though.

avoid getting grabbed at low %s, I rather tough it out until 50% to start going in rather then getting 0-70% stringed

keep him in the air/offstage and don't let him get back on his feet.

you can grab him if he trys to falling whistle or airdodge to the ground.

A good way to approach is to run and charge aurasphere. and then react accordingly. [fair into Aurasphere charge MIGHT work the same too.. I just thought of it right now I'll test it tommorrow in friendlies VS anuar]

if he attacks/grab shield or sidestep.

if he fsmashes/grab throw the aurasphere, on fsmash it'll cancel the pikmin and it'll be neutral, if he grabs you the aurasphere will hit him and you will be close to him.

if he goes in the air you can shield cancel into jump and meet him with a fair and start a juggle.

This MU runs hot and cold, either you're getting *****/outzoned or you're juggling THE **** out of each other.

Lucario can outzone olimar reliably with a stock/large % lead with fair walls but not when the %s are close due to how if a pikmin latches on it'll give olimar the % lead [WHICH IS BAD], so keep this in mind if you want olimar to start approaching.

Also, DON'T BE AFRAID TO THROW AURASPHERES [mostly the smaller ones] UNDER PIKMIN TOSS.

it can knick olimar more often then you think, and give you and opportunity to get closer.

even if it hits a pikmin you're killing them, which makes them pluck more.

Also, FCAS goes under yellow toss =P.

and the number 1 thing.

ALWAYS KEEP AN EYE ON THEIR LINE-UP.

soooo many people don't do this.

The only times I really feel like I lose to olimars is because I mess-up my juggles [AKA meatying them on airdodging to the ground <_<] or I get straight-up outplayed lol.

So guys... with alll the metagame talk....

Any tipsies for getting off the ledge?

Top Bottom