• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Steam we need to collaborate to beat our ROBs in our area.

seriously, aside from BF and possibly Lylat (which last time I tried I got *****), I don't know where to take the bugger.

iLink

Smash Champion
Jeepy(wario) and me(lucario) got some **** replays of us in doubles. I'll see if I can get them uploaded.

iLink

Smash Champion
Sounds like my highschool football team, except our 1 win was won by default which is just as bad.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Phil, use AS to whittle down his shield, since ROB is such a big target once you eat away a bit of his shield he can't stop you from approaching very well.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
No, do not take your ROB to Brinstar. That's just suicide. His gyro bounces forever at full power, lasers go through the pillars, and he controls the match when the acid is high.

Steam

Smash Hero
No, do not take your ROB to Brinstar. That's just suicide. His gyro bounces forever at full power, lasers go through the pillars, and he controls the match when the acid is high.
we can also throw his gyro offstage into the acid. brinstar's setup lets us juggle him and abuse his blindspots really really well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The most annoying thing is the CPs, I'm like "oh I'll take him to a place that obstructs laser + gyro", then I realize laser goes through everything lol, and gyro's main purpose (at least for t0mmy) is added pressure less than it is a projectile to chunk on more damage, so yeah it's pretty silly.

Brinstar you say? I can see it working, except I think I tried that last time only to get ***** (having such close access to blastzones equals a lot of pressure on your part to stay onstage and to recover without dying quickly.) That and ROB can shark really nasty there imo.

I'm actually thinking of maybe taking him to Yoshi's (since it makes edgeguarding easier for me to harass him just a little since he can't go underneath the stage and thus also makes my recovery a little better, plus the tilt is just barely enough to maybe help mess his projectile game a little, and the plat layout I do like, just watch out for nair/bair pokes), Lylat (t0mmy definitely knows how to play with tilts though rofl), BF (good starting neutral), and that might have to consiste of my game. I'll play with Brinstar though and see if I like it more than last time.

@ Myth thanks, I'll try that out some more. My biggest issue currently is zoning right in front of his footsie/baiting moves and punishing them just right, since a lot of moves are really deceptive in how much lag they have.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yoshi's Island sounds like a good place. I would also consider Lylat...maybe. Castle Siege can also mess up his pressure game.

For the more radical out there, you can try your hand at PictoChat. ROB generally has to kill upward if you can predict the bAir, and most drawings will mess up his pressure. We also get a ledge to cling to.

Any other suggestions? The ROB matchup is what I'm most familiar with. Just check the power ranking and you'll understand.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah I just get tired of meeting t0mmy in bracket and not being the one that switches to MK off the bat b/c I really want to learn this MU, b/c it coincides with some other MUs I could work on that are similar.

His tilts are super good, like I checked out some of the frame data, and his tilts rival MKs in capability, plus a better jab to boot.

I often don't get baired, but I just need to find a way to deal with his anti-air, I'm thinking I just need to cross up with AD or fullhop more. It seems like I have to hover constantly right in front for risk of getting naired/swatted away with ftilt/jab, which takes some time getting used to just letting him sit in front and bait. It's obviously **** once you get him from underneath, but it's getting him there that I have issues since his close range game's pretty obnoxious and everything practically revolves around keeping you out rofl. I have MK pretty well down but this is probably the next focus this week, just need a couple of pointers over good options. t0mmy's no slouch, although people think so b/c of his terribad results sometimes lol (has been getting first at WA monthlies many times rofl, beating Felix and Jem and the like):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qPgW3z7-YI

Steam

Smash Hero
yeah I'd consider trying brinstar against RoB. that stage can really screw him over in so many ways. RoBs seem to really hate it.

But Rob's bair is sooooooo good on that stage. :(

edit: we need to find lucarios that spam rolls on wifi and kill them. Everyone is still under the impression lucario is broken on wifi in every single way >.>

solecalibur

Smash Master
yeah I'd consider trying brinstar against RoB. that stage can really screw him over in so many ways. RoBs seem to really hate it.

But Rob's bair is sooooooo good on that stage. :(

edit: we need to find lucarios that spam rolls on wifi and kill them. Everyone is still under the impression lucario is broken on wifi in every single way >.>
It stops his planking (watch out on norfair though) , Yoshi's prevents him from carrying around to the other side of the stage if he gets to much pressures and you can punish a lot better , Want me to get some lucario ROB vids up? I might need a link to what you guys know so I dont look silly in the vid,

I play the 3rd best ROB so you can get an idea at least (dont expect me to beat him) how to combat him

oh yeah wifi lucario is funny when you charge smashes against one =3

Steam

Smash Hero
what is this RoB? :0

Phil has t0mmy, and I have Bees (who is a top 10 RoB)

and I play bees every week so I know how to combat him, We're just talking CP stages right now :0

solecalibur

Smash Master
meh i dont wanna name search but I have played enough ROBs to put him on top 3

But idk you dont go to any tounrys any more =(

Zucco

Smash Master
No, because of the trip I missed my opportunity to sideB him. he was mad open too, since he was trying to hit me with a random falling Bair and suffered the landing lag from it. There was no way I would have missed that lol.

Top Bottom