• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Just talk to me on AIM and I'm usually available to play singles or doubles, even if I suck in bad connections, lol.
I can't play doubles with my crappy connection here, that's why I don't play much WiFi.
I will add you later =o so be prepared

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I saw the topic on that a week ago. The funny thing is is that find (in general) is actually pretty old, but they're just now stumbling upon the nice applications.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I got my first JV 4 stock last night. =D

Of course, he was really really not taking the match seriously and I was. But whatever. I still JV 4 stocked a Marth who is TOTALLY not Takeurlife or anything like that.
I was happy enough to save the replay. =P

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
What are some comprehensive uses for Eruption if any? I mean, it seems like a good edgeguard against some characters at some times, but at the same time, it doesn't, because it could be easily worked around. The only real use I can immediately see is if maybe you're falling and somebody's getting ready for an attack and you charge Eruption to use the Super Armor and get off some free damage or a kill or something.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, yah it can be used to edge-guard some characters but really only in certain situations where they can't (or won't) sweet-spot the ledge. For instance if a DK chooses to recover high with his upB to hit you or something silly like that, great time for an Eruption. Also it rips apart Luigi's recovery options.

Otherwise... it's really not a good move to pull out randomly, even if you're falling. If your opponent reacts in time and avoids the hitbox you're screwed. I've tried to find ways of incorporating it into the flow of a match but I've found there's just always a better option.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend

metroid1117

Smash Master
Metroid, I demand you drop from your lurking status and make a post on how you were the one who made the piano beat to Chocolate Rain.
Ehh...? I don't even know that song :confused:.

Out of curiosity, what throws do you guys use when your opponent is at low %s (too low for BThrow -> dash attack)? I find myself still using BThrow because it sets up for pseudo-chaingrabs if your opponent just shields or spotdodges after the BThrow. You can also get off easy USmashes if they try to roll (or possibly the FSmash).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Of course you don't ;)

Also lol at how quickly you responded to that. It seems like all of your recent posts have been in response to Bored calling you out of lurking.

Out of curiosity, what throws do you guys use when your opponent is at low %s (too low for BThrow -> dash attack)? I find myself still using BThrow because it sets up for pseudo-chaingrabs if your opponent just shields or spotdodges after the BThrow. You can also get off easy USmashes if they try to roll (or possibly the FSmash).
Same here, unless I'm on BF in which case I'll Dthrow or Uthrow them onto a platform -> platform shark with various attacks. I rarely use Fthrow at all; only to get my opponent off-stage so I can walk-off Fair or something.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I still use Bthrow. I usually condition my opponents into thinking that I will always Dash Attack after Bthrow, but at lower %s after I Bthrow, I Nair instead. It hits my opponents almost every time because they expect a Dash Attack and they buffer a shield grab. Then you know the rest...

Kirk

Smash Champion
Uthrow/Dthrow.

Uthrow because no one ever uses it, and sets up for stuffs when they land. Same with Dthrow, but I use Uthrow because it is underused(Helps with stale moves...lol).

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I once caught a guy with a Fsmash because if i threw him he expected a dash attack and rolled toward me, so the next time I threw him I charged a Fsmash and he rolled right into it =]... But I do hate in Ike dittos when i spot dodge after a roll and the enemy Usmash's and it's back end hits me hardly!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I use Dthrow at low percents. Uair hits pretty often at low % after a Dthrow. But that's just half the time-- I don't always do it. On the next stock, I'll use Fthrow or Bthrow instead.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I oughta kick your ***. Even Penta, a kid with no social life living inside his house all day with no internet knows this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

Anyways guys, I'm gonna share this with you guys. If anyone is interested in getting a Capture Card for a good price, this is a decent buy.

www.woot.com

I already did my research on it, and you are gonna have to buy 3 Y Cables (4 bucks each), to keep the gameplay on tv while it is recording on the computer. Here are some demonstrations of people's recorded gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILVcwJY5SI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMwrf61M7g

The total cost should come out to be 40 bucks. Not bad since a Dazzler costs 100.

Oh and make sure you have a reasonable computer to use it on.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
At low %s, I use dthrow a little more than bthrow. I don't feel as safe when they can react so quickly at low percents when I use bthrow, lol.
Sometimes I up air, but now, I'm finding myself full hop nairing after dair. It works surprisingly well against characters who have short range or laggy aerials.

I'm loving fast falled uair btw. it's awesome =)

Mentioned on the last page about eruption. I really only use it near the edge, and I usually jump or double jump + eruption. Just feels... safer, can't really give much of an explanation.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I use...pummels lol
Only because I want the other player to get tired by mashing a bunch of buttons =)

If it's not that, I use fthrow at low percentages and you could just ftilt on some characters (fthrow to jab2 can hit Bowser).
Of course, those can be shielded but it's spaced anyways.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I oughta kick your ***. Even Penta, a kid with no social life living inside his house all day with no internet knows this.

Anyways guys, I'm gonna share this with you guys. If anyone is interested in getting a Capture Card for a good price, this is a decent buy.

www.woot.com

I already did my research on it, and you are gonna have to buy 3 Y Cables (4 bucks each), to keep the gameplay on tv while it is recording on the computer. Here are some demonstrations of people's recorded gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILVcwJY5SI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMwrf61M7g

The total cost should come out to be 40 bucks. Not bad since a Dazzler costs 100.

Oh and make sure you have a reasonable computer to use it on.
**** that looks like a really good deal, dazzle is 50 for pcs though and 100 for macs but even if its about the same it still sucks i want a new one just because of that.

I think zac might have a good one it looks a lot more simple to set up and seems to be easy to upload them to youtube.

Also I grab release a lot instead of throwing because it sets up for jab or a regrab depending on what they do. Plus theres also some of the true air break grab releases.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
At low percentages I Dthrow then follow with Nair for the reasons San told me at the Return of Rochester; some people have the tendency to air dodge right after thethrow making Nair the good option.

But if I'm facing heavier characters such as Bowser or DK, I simply pummel till they break free and catch them with a jab combo.

Plus the only reason why I'm saying anything is that San called me out over IM >.>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I lost to G-reg's Jiggs, time to step it up in losers..
Man that sucks... but at least you only have one match to play in losers. It's probably gonna come down to either you or San vs. G-reg in finals, assuming San makes it to loser's finals which is very likely to happen.

If neither of those finals predictions occur... well, what can you do? It's WiFi.

Edit: And don't beat yourself up about it, you made it to winner's finals out of 64 of WiFi's best players using Ike. I played you during those try-outs and I know you can use Ike online better than just about anybody.

Don't start giving up now, you can still win this thing if you practice hard and remember that you're WiFi God Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom