• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Even though I don't listen to rap at all I know what Snoop Dog looks like... I wouldn't have been able to tell you that was him in the gif though, until you mentioned it anyways.

I hope you're happy Kirk, these discussions have become significantly more general of late.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm seriously an inch away from quitting Ike online
I stopped reading after that, because I've seen you post this one too many times.

And how do people not know that's Snoop? I don't listen to rap either, but that guy's made enough random appearances and news that you should know who he is.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well i think it's a mad cool name T-T

but i was joking anyway

lmao

btw do ya'll see the online low tier results?

me and kirk are both 13th D:

i think brett is 17th

kimchi 3rd i think

go see lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ikebabies? I never liked it even though it was the name of our temporary chat room thing. Penta, stop stealing stuff. Get creative.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Because I don't take offense to something if I don't agree with it.

He is a very good player, but has pretty drastic views on some things like ike and snake and their MU's. *Snake has no bad MU's.* hehe

He is actually very good with ike and is a very nice person atleast in real life. lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
From what I've heard, he's not that good of an Ike. Good player? Of course. But a good Ike? No. Apparently he's just jabs and fair.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
To be honest, he does seem like an okay guy in real life.

I just hate him on the boards. He's a silly devil's advocate whose greatest accomplishment is annoying every member on SWF.

And I think Sethlon has a better Ike than he does.

Palpi

Smash Hero
He is good with ike. I know you don't like him and refuse to beleive that, but he is good, not the best, but good. If you think otherwise you are just being ignorant.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
He is good with ike. I know you don't like him and refuse to beleive that, but he is good, not the best, but good. If you think otherwise you are just being ignorant.
No, I've heard from multiple people that his Ike isn't that good. More then the number of people I've seen say his Ike is good.

It has nothing to do with believing he's a complete and utter joke and should have been kicked out of the SBR ages ago. It's the fact I've seen more people say his Ike isn't that good then say his Ike is good. >_>

You don't always have to be good with a specific character to go far with said character.

Palpi

Smash Hero
That is like Overswarm saying Ninjalinks Rob is bad, though he is a top 3 rob.

He doesn't use rob like other's do and like he "should." But if he gets the job done, then it shouldn't matter.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It does matter though.

Right now in SA I'm probably the worse brawler. If I picked up MK, I'd probably place a bit better due to the fact nobody in SA plays MK, so they wouldn't have as much experience against MK as they would against Ike. (Basically the only OoC tournaments we go to are HOBOs, which are MK banned).

Have I suddenly improved? Is my MK suddenly better then my Ike? No, it's just different and lack of experience on the other end. My MK would be worse then my Ike, even if I placed better.

And frankly, I don't believe Inui has any top 8 results with just Ike. So he doesn't even get the job done. >_>

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh... Have you seen his Ike? >_<;;

Yeah, he's a good player... With MK... And he thinks he is a lot better than he really is, but... That's a different topic entirely.

But seriously. Do you think he's good enough with Ike to be the representative for him in the SBR? I'd make a bet that the majority of people who have posted in this thread has a better Ike than him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnAfM22cvK0

^I really hope that isn't actually Inui in that video....

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think there are better Ike's to be the representive, considering he uses more MK and Snake in tourney anyways.

And yes I have seen his ike.

Palpi

Smash Hero
For 1 he isn't even that terrible in that video, though some choices are dumb. lol

He got 17th at viridian, I watched him take snakee to last game last stock 120%. (zamus for-b > aether)

I have watched him get good placings at many low tier events, though I know in texas he didn't do nearly as well. Bored was rolling there :)

•Col•

Smash Champion
For 1 he isn't even that terrible in that video, though some choices are dumb. lol

He got 17th at viridian, I watched him take snakee to last game last stock 120%. (zamus for-b > aether)
No, he isn't terrible in that video... But he's extremely mediocre.... >_< Definitely not someone I want representing Ike in the SBR...

Anyway, at least it sounds like his Ike has gotten better.... :/ Would like to see it though....

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There's a difference between being a good Ike and being the best Ike in the world, as he claims. Is he a good Ike? Yes, though he relies on basic strategy and his player skill to carry him for the most part, so he's not technical. By no means is he as good as someone who is both equally smart and knows all of Ike's tricks.

He did hte same thing when he played Ganon :\

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnAfM22cvK0

^I really hope that isn't actually Inui in that video....
Holy crap... Dsmash? Randomly charging QD and Usmash at inopportune moments? Dair into the ground? DA as an approach? Ftilt for spacing at low %s? A 90:10 Fair:Nair ratio?

I could have had a lot of fun critiquing that match... I've critiqued the videos of unknown WiFi Ike mains who made fewer bad choices than Inui does in that match >.>

He may be a good player... but he makes a lot of poor choices with Ike's arsenal... in that match at least.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He is actually very good with ike
So if he is very good with Ike, then I am the M2K of Ike.

Seriously though, iono what your take on "very good" is, but I consider myself to be "very good" with someone like San being amazing. Brett would be good, and Inui would be around that level as well. I know for a fact that if a lot of these Ike players who enjoy having buttsex with wifi actually played offline, they could beat Inui in dittos and possibly place better in tournies.

Inui is probably a top 5 Ike player in smartness, but not in technical skill or just general skill with Ike like Px said. Smartness can only get you so far. Almost every Ike here goes past Inui in that category. So until he learns Ike at a more deeper level, I don't consider him much of a threat.

And I also believe there are 2 categories of smarts. One is the general smarts of knowing what your opponent is doing, aka reading the opponent. The other is knowing how to control your character in using him to attack and defend against your opponent. I suck hard with MK, and it's probably because I can't even begin to comprehend how the hell to use him, where as I feel more comfortable using Ike or Snake. So you can say my ability to play smart with MK sucks, which in turn would lead you to believe I can't read my opponent because I can't use him well. On the other hand, you could see me using someone like Snake and point out that I do a good job at not only using Snake, but figuring out what my opponent is gonna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom