• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Lol redx, i have a ike vs bleachigo 1$ mm for kosha boy. Tell me what to do to win.
Apparently, Bleachigo doesn't know a lot of low tier matchups(which is why I went 2-1 with him and the last game was so close....lol).

BF/Lylat/Brinstar is the best for Ike against Falco in our region.
One major habit Bleachigo has: fthrow and he'll roll towards you, FSMASH IT. But don't depend on this so much, he'll switch it up soon.
Nair is your friend, never move in with it when you use it though.
Platform camp and try to build up your own damage to about 30%+ so the CG won't get you offstage.
He likes to sideB recover a lot, I was too nervous to not punish this a few times....
Jab a lot. I mean it.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
fsmash bump
lol don't bump a sticky. it used to be so annoying when kinzer bumped yagamis sticky for no reason at all.... :urg:

Sorry about the previous match-up result for this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235552 thread. Wasn't really sure what I was doing. It's fixed now :D.

Ike might actually make it to the top 5.
Lol who can actually beat ike if he can only be hurt by god blessed items. Maybe marth and link actually idk that stuff marth's game was so gay!!!

edit: bored got 5th in LT singles inui bracket ****ed him by making him play xyro in winners semis instead of finals.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Awww...I'm in California for one weekend and I miss cool stuff...

Regardless, canoodling is the best word in the english dictionary.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
edit: bored got 5th in LT singles inui bracket ****ed him by making him play xyro in winners semis instead of finals.
Shall we unit together as a board and use Inui's most common john about his placings in Texas against him? XD

Palpi

Smash Hero
Apparently, Bleachigo doesn't know a lot of low tier matchups(which is why I went 2-1 with him and the last game was so close....lol).

BF/Lylat/Brinstar is the best for Ike against Falco in our region.
One major habit Bleachigo has: fthrow and he'll roll towards you, FSMASH IT. But don't depend on this so much, he'll switch it up soon.
Nair is your friend, never move in with it when you use it though.
Platform camp and try to build up your own damage to about 30%+ so the CG won't get you offstage.
He likes to sideB recover a lot, I was too nervous to not punish this a few times....
Jab a lot. I mean it.
I'm thinking about blowing myself up with eruption haha.

Thanks for the tips.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Defeated Bored(2-0) and inui(3-0) at hobo 20 yesterday. It was the most non legit victory ive ever had. Bored will tell ya.

As for Bored being bracket ****ed, i dont agree. Last time Bored played me in tourney(hobo 19) he 3-oed me with ease. I had NO chance. I played him a week or so later at phase to and i did MUCH better but i still think he won majority. At hobo 20 Inui put himself and Bored on oposite side of the bracket and gave ME to bored while inui fought espy(the best low tier player in our state. he uses sonic). Bored vs Xyro was expectd to be in Bored favor but i literally ledge stalled and tether gimped Bored each stock( i honestly dont think i got a legit KO on him at all). Inui beat espy(dont know how). I then sent inui to loser bracket. In losers Bored lost to Kprime(a pika main that uses ness in low tier) and inui lost to espy.

Upsets can mess up brackets.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Defeated Bored(2-0) and inui(3-0) at hobo 20 yesterday. It was the most non legit victory ive ever had. Bored will tell ya
I saw the second match against Bored. Kind of pained me to see him mess up... I'M supposed to be the one that chokes.

Then I watched the set vs Inui and it made me happy. You ***** him. He just.. could NOT learn that you like to steal the ledge.

BTW, I heard KPrime used Jiggz against Bored.

Xyro77

kprime used jiggs on him? wtf if thats true, thats down right sad(or does jiggs molest ike). ill wait for bored to post before i edit the results.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Sure wish that they held low tier events around my area =(

And Bored still outplaced Inui(who used MK/Snake) in regular singles, right?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, Jiggz is a confusing character for those not used to playing against her. And Jiggz is just one of those who can gimp Ike like crazy. Onstage, if you know how to fight against her, it's in Ike's favor. But one wall of pain and you're gone.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
K'Prime's Jiggz just camped/stalled the hell out of me. I just lost my patience in our 3rd match. After going through with what he did with me in Regular singles with his Pikachu (camping), then Xyro (stalling), then his Jiggz (more stalling), I just lost my patience.

My fault and all, but hopefully next time, I'll do better. That's all I can say.

And yea Xyro, when I 3-0'ed you last Hobo, you rarely ledge stalled and camped like that. This time around, I think 90% of our matches consisted of on the edge lol.

And Jiggz is just annoying to fight, because you can space all you want, but she can space you right back. I'm a pretty aggro player, and just not used to playing matches for so long. Hopefully next time, I'll do better in that area.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Guys, I know how a lot of you are excited about me out placing Inui in regular singles. Truth be told though, he had to face tougher opponents.

This goes into the concept of seeding and etc, but Inui had to play Samboner (who is possibly the best Fox and a god of WIFI), and D4BA (A really good player as well). I don't think both were given much respect in how they were seeded. Meanwhile, I didn't get that many tough matches with the exception of Jerm and K'Prime. I can honestly say that while Jerm and D4BA cancel each other out in difficulty, I think Samboner is the better player in comparison to any of the other 3 listed.

But yea, at the end of the day. No johnz like usual.

And what's the exact ruling on allowing Sonic in LT o.O?

for bored

it's first place or kill yourself

lol
Not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed out by my performance in LT, but hey, it's my fault for making some dumb decisions. Just gotta do better next time. An hour later, I was feeling fine. Played some Ike dittos with somebody and gave him some tips, had some random matches with other people, and got some work playing friendlies against K'Prime. Fun stuff.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
This is like the 3rd time(I think) you linked that thread, I doubt any of us want to talk about something like that...but that's just me.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Just went to another bi-weekly... not a tourney, just a smashfest type thing. My offline Ike is getting better all the time. I'm starting to get really good at baiting and punishing now too. One thing that worked for me a LOT today was empty short-hopping when my opponent was falling towards me from above (to bait an air dodge) and then punishing with Utilt. I even did that with an Usmash once.

In fact empty short-hops in general work very well for baiting. I'll do an empty short-hop towards someone and quickly move back and fast-fall at the last second so they try to shield grab me (in the heat of the battle they assume that I'll Nair when I short-hop) and I punish them with jabs. As I'm getting better at that kind of thing myself, I'm noticing that a lot of the players here and online tend to just react and act on impulses throughout the fight. I only got read and punished a few times, otherwise it was just people hitting me on reaction if I messed up my spacing or something.

So seeing that makes me want to eliminate impulsive reactions from my gameplay entirely. It's mentally tiring to constantly be planning ahead and trying to predict what your opponent will do next, as well as preparing to punish what they'll do, but it's very rewarding.

I watched some 1v1s between some other people today and sometimes it would go on for a whole twenty seconds of them taking turns spot-dodging each other... it was frustrating to watch because all one of them had to do was charge a smash attack for a second and punish the inevitable spot-dodge. Most of the time those cases ended with one person getting fed up and rolling away to reset their spacing.

Anyways, there's my rant for the day. Hope you enjoyed reading it as little as I enjoyed typing it :bee:

:034:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Empty short-hops to bait airdodges... you don't really see that too much these days, now most people just play it safe by running under the opponent with a shield when they're coming down (which protects you from aerials and still allows you to punish airdodges).

RAR empty short-hops to bait rolls/spot-dodges are funny, especially when you read a spot-dodge and BAir them for it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, I got people to do all sorts of things by empty short-hopping. They'd spot-dodge, roll, throw out a random attack, try for a grab, retreat... of course in order for it to work in the first place I had to start every match by using short-hopped Nairs and following with immediate jabs, that way they think I'll keep doing that.

A lot of the players' reaction was to roll behind me, so I'd empty short-hop straight at them and then turn and Ftilt/jab. One time I even got someone with an Fsmash doing something like that, except it was a jab cancel. I tried jabbing him once and stopping to see what he would do, and he rolled behind me, so a little later I did it again but as soon as I jabbed, I turned and charged an Fsmash... sure enough he rolled right into it. Little things like that are awesome :chuckle:

:034:

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
empty SH 4 best mayngayms.

@San: sry man, i was really busy the last time. I will add you later.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just went to another bi-weekly... not a tourney, just a smashfest type thing. My offline Ike is getting better all the time. I'm starting to get really good at baiting and punishing now too. One thing that worked for me a LOT today was empty short-hopping when my opponent was falling towards me from above (to bait an air dodge) and then punishing with Utilt. I even did that with an Usmash once.

In fact empty short-hops in general work very well for baiting. I'll do an empty short-hop towards someone and quickly move back and fast-fall at the last second so they try to shield grab me (in the heat of the battle they assume that I'll Nair when I short-hop) and I punish them with jabs. As I'm getting better at that kind of thing myself, I'm noticing that a lot of the players here and online tend to just react and act on impulses throughout the fight. I only got read and punished a few times, otherwise it was just people hitting me on reaction if I messed up my spacing or something.
I love hopping around. Anyone who's played me offline can attest to my jumpy Ike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjUYWveflSY&feature=related

Sometimes I just jumped cause I felt like it, but it really works sometimes, as long as your buffers are all in tip top shape. (the first thing i did that match was empty hop lol) I like to mix in empty hops with spaced aerials and dash shields

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGkT63XEzo&feature=related

I jumped around a lot after the second half and it worked out really well.
I like it when ike's in the air, because he can fast fall so fast. He can fast fall air dodge into buffered jab, grab, shield, air dodge, dash, jump etc =p
ex. at 1:20.

I think if one masters the timing of his/her buffering and fast falls, they can get much better with ike.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Empty short-hops to bait airdodges... you don't really see that too much these days, now most people just play it safe by running under the opponent with a shield when they're coming down (which protects you from aerials and still allows you to punish airdodges).

RAR empty short-hops to bait rolls/spot-dodges are funny, especially when you read a spot-dodge and BAir them for it.
I do that if it's not lagging hard and offline. :( My kind of mindgames. XD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
yeah, I still mess up buffering turnarounds when I jab sometimes.. sux. Sometimes dashes after aerials, too.

Guys what do you think of this? I heard Inui is good in doubles and he's using ike here at hobo (i know brett and bored saw them, just wanted to post). Wish he used nair a bit more.. :(

HOBO 20
Low tier 2vs2 bracket

Xyro(samus)+Inui(ike) vs Ultimate Razer(jiggs)+Ozz(falcon)=winner bracket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqFaVvZn8go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP_KILliuRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKCmQsAhGh0

Xyro(samus)+Inui(ike) vs Gnes(ness)+Tallman(lucas)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLBL0fG50E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt1kkV5YjM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GsUzuzc8go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJLnmVvB2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwluRR09jag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaMSKOp8IsA

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Defeated Bored(2-0) and inui(3-0) at hobo 20 yesterday. It was the most non legit victory ive ever had. Bored will tell ya.

As for Bored being bracket ****ed, i dont agree. Last time Bored played me in tourney(hobo 19) he 3-oed me with ease. I had NO chance. I played him a week or so later at phase to and i did MUCH better but i still think he won majority. At hobo 20 Inui put himself and Bored on oposite side of the bracket and gave ME to bored while inui fought espy(the best low tier player in our state. he uses sonic). Bored vs Xyro was expectd to be in Bored favor but i literally ledge stalled and tether gimped Bored each stock( i honestly dont think i got a legit KO on him at all). Inui beat espy(dont know how). I then sent inui to loser bracket. In losers Bored lost to Kprime(a pika main that uses ness in low tier) and inui lost to espy.

Upsets can mess up brackets.
I still think inui seeded him self over bored. He always talks about how espy isn't as good as other sonics hes played.

Plus there was a very clear difference between you vs bored and you vs inui which really made it seem like he didn't deserve to be in WF against you.

Next time just switch them around though i'm pretty sure bored will beat espy if inui did it once. :laugh:

You should also team with me next time i go to a hobo :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Inui got really lucky against Espy. Espy was dominating his last stock and he just happened to DI a somewhat strong hit miserably and died at 60 (no, it wasn't a fsmash).

Xyro77

I still think inui seeded him self over bored. He always talks about how espy isn't as good as other sonics hes played.

Plus there was a very clear difference between you vs bored and you vs inui which really made it seem like he didn't deserve to be in WF against you.

Next time just switch them around though i'm pretty sure bored will beat espy if inui did it once. :laugh:

You should also team with me next time i go to a hobo :)
Come to hobo 21 and we can team MM people. ill let u keep my half!!! so u get double the cash when we win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom