• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
He can only get Canadians to jump on his back. And NO ONE cares about Canadians.
;___________;

I...I...

I HATE YOU ALL! *sniff*

You should play more often, I like playing Ikes... mostly because they generally don't play gay against me.

So that norfair thing... you just counter it and PS?
Most of the time wifi lags like heck for me, but we didn't have any lag at all basically. :D

And at Norfair: Counter -> Hold Shield -> Buffer Counter. It's easy except for landing the first counter. I often screw that one up. ;_; Marth can probably do this as well, but he doesn't need another good stage. >_> <_<

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I still find that really useless, XD. I'd rather the other people be hitting the lava, not me. A cool little tidbit to know though.

While you guys were wifi-ing and smashfesting all day, i did absolutely nothing =(

People in western/upper NY are almost canadian so people almost don't care about us.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
yah I know bored it sucks because i really want to go to another smash tournament but this hobo doesn't seem big enough to be worth our while. Maybe FS 8 if it happens this winter if not it doesn't seem like we'll go till whobo.

I did drop my english class so now i have tuesdays completely off and a lot more time on thursday so maybe i can get a job and fly to a tournament though hmm....

I always thought what your describing was like the 1st type of hitstun before your launched away by big hits and that hitlag was the frames Ike would be frozen if he landed an Fsmash.

What would what i thought was hitlag be then?
I think the next FS is gonna be in February. I remember there being a thread about it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
People in western/upper NY are almost canadian so people almost don't care about us.
No johns! I'm being full-on not cared about up here. I almost felt like caring about what you had to say regarding the lava trick... but then I remembered you were almost Canadian.

I do agree though, I haven't found a practical use for it in a serious match... and you can end up getting punished at the end of it during Counter's cool-down time.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No johns! I'm being full-on not cared about up here. I almost felt like caring about what you had to say regarding the lava trick... but then I remembered you were almost Canadian.

I do agree though, I haven't found a practical use for it in a serious match... and you can end up getting punished at the end of it during Counter's cool-down time.

Obviously it's used to make Ike stall better. Ike can now win matches by letting the timer go down.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd use to to force a neutral position. And to annoy people. "YOU'RE OPEN! YOU'RE OPEN! YOU'RE OPEN!"

And then you add right after the last counter "Like your mother was last night."

Opponent goes into rage mode, he messes up, you win! :D

>_>

<_<

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Obviously it's used to make Ike stall better. Ike can now win matches by letting the timer go down.
Why would an Ike want to do that? I know I wouldn't. If I was up %s or stocks it means I'm probably better than my opponent and therefore I'll confront him and finish it like a man. And the lava doesn't come often enough for it to run the clock out. During an eight minute match there's just not enough lava to prevent encounters entirely. Ike has enough advantages on this stage IMO that you won't need to resort to a technically banned technique just to win :ohwell:

Can Ike be hit by projectiles while doing this? Because there's likely a moment right after he uses the counter when a projectile could hit him, assuming they can penetrate the lava wall. Unless he's actually invincible the whole time, but I don't think the lava is a constant hitbox, so he probably isn't.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike has enough advantages on this stage IMO that you won't need to resort to a technically banned technique just to win
I'm not positive it would be banned. It's not an never ending stall, it's more like in the same area as planking. Except nobody cares about it. >_> Though Xyro would probably ban it, so don't use it at WHOBO Ikes.

Hey SoR, want to Brawl some before I have to do homework?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Sure, getting on.

And uh... that shouldn't be banned. If you can Din's it (possibly), it shouldn't be banned.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
My goodness...that double whopper was huge and delicious.

...but I couldn't finish it.

/cry
No johns, you must always force yourself to finish food that has both abnormally large proportions and a delectable taste unlike typical forms of nourishment.

/wowthatsalongsentence

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
GGs SoR.

I still suck at getting back on stage, but I think I went beast mode on you in that last match. >_> Ehehehe...

Lucky for you, grab releasing Ness is a pain to do in wifi. XD

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
GGs, yeah you did a lot better today.

Ness sux. /takes blame off of himself

Man goddammit, now I'm back to a WiFi *****.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol

You got better at not being so predictable with the Din Fires.

Sadly, I suck so badly at Ike I lose...at Pirate Ship. Again. ;_;

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Why would an Ike want to do that? I know I wouldn't. If I was up %s or stocks it means I'm probably better than my opponent and therefore I'll confront him and finish it like a man. And the lava doesn't come often enough for it to run the clock out. During an eight minute match there's just not enough lava to prevent encounters entirely. Ike has enough advantages on this stage IMO that you won't need to resort to a technically banned technique just to win :ohwell:

Obviously someone did not detect obvious internet sarcasm that is obvious on the internet...obviously.

And sometimes, running away is more manlier than confronting someone. Think about it.

My goodness...that double whopper was huge and delicious.

...but I couldn't finish it.

/cry
Word on the street is that you're already a stick...finish that sandwich and tell your ***** to make another one for you.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It was those stupid Din Fires. You found a sweet spot where you could keep hitting me and I couldn't move out of the way. And that stupid tech roll off the the slant into your smash. ;_;

I've only ever won against one person at Pirate Ship.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm a stick. And who the **** is spreading words of me on the street. Awwwwwww heeeeeeeeeelllllllllll noooooo....
Well uh, I saw you in that vid Akashi recorded at some tournament? Idk but it was kinda entertaining, Ryko eating chicken like a normal black person would.

/racist.

And while you guys were wifi'ing/smashfest'ing, I was messing with some hacks o-o

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with putting my quotes in your signature. Unless they're something embarrassing. Or if you take a quote from me and change the words to make it embarrassing.
Example: "I just farted." <-- Do not sig that.
Example: "Girls like Teh Brettster." <-- Assuming you don't take it sarcastically, sig that.

^ Don't sig this.

http://xkcd.com/657/large/ <-- THAT is amazing work.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Didn't know most of you Ikes even played wifi. Shouldn't have deleted most of you guys.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Didn't know most of you Ikes even played wifi. Shouldn't have deleted most of you guys.
=] you didn't delete meeeee, though i think a lot of the time i interrupt your AiB matches or whatever important games you are playing with people lol. I loved that night we were playing teams with you friends =] lol hilarious!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I wanna play lolwi-fail with you guys -.-
I don't really enjoy singles on wifi, but teams are amazingly fun anywhere.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think all of us Ike players need a signature kill. That way, when they watch a video or if one of us does it, they can go like "Dang, that's San's move".

Personally, I've made a habit of killing people who like to charge their smash attack on the edge, only for me to jump back on with counter xP.

Or get them to 200% damage and then D-Throw them.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Oh ya, about NJ tournies, I only could go if I'm going with someone/a group who knows the way there perfectly o-o

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Personally, I've made a habit of killing people who like to charge their smash attack on the edge, only for me to jump back on with counter xP.
Did that to a fully charged Lucas Usmash.

Never knew he could fly pass the far blastzone on FD so quickly. :D

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
good games last night slaps :o

our games were intense lol

we all should set something up sometime D:

im always up for wifi teamsies if u guys ever need someone x_x
aim meeee!

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just talk to me on AIM and I'm usually available to play singles or doubles, even if I suck in bad connections, lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom