• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I really dont care...just need something to do. xD
Okay. Meet you on wifi then. :D

You may have 3-stocked my Ike, but you won't 3-stock my Falcon! I'll get you to 2-stocks, 0% right before you kill me!

EDIT: Dang it Kirk, stop Brawling with someone not on my friend list. >_>

Anyone else wanna Brawl for 30 minutes? ;_;

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Thanks, I'll be on soon. I have to use a different Wii... lemme see if everything is even the same.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Hey Kirk did you go to infinite bits?

I saw your tag for SCIV results and was wondering if it was you or somone else who has your tag

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Things I learned today:

1) I suck.

2) I can't beat SoR. >_>

3) I love Dash Attack against Din's Fire. Cancels it out AND hits Zelda. :D

4) Screw Dtilt/Dsmash. ;_; Serious, I lost so many stocks to those two moves...

5) I can't SDI at all.

6) I suck.

7) I CP'd myself I think. >_>

8) I need to read/predict better.

9) SoR had port priority. I kept seeing my jabs hit grab frames and me getting grabbed. ;_;

10) I'm terrible at getting back on stage! :D

Good games SoR.

BTW: Luigi's Mansion was a mistake. I was trying to get Norfair and slipped. >_<

And sadly, those last few matches were about as good as I get...I really suck that much. >_<

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Yeah, a few times you CP'd me to stages I'm very comfortable on, like PS1 and definitely Luigi's <3

Dtilt -> Dsmash is like... pretty much the way to kill Ike sadly. Otherwise I will never kill you without an aerial.

Only thing I'd suggest is using big moves a lot closer to the edge of the stage when edgeguarding. It forces a sweetspot. Pick a stage that's hard for Zelda to sweetspot and it's pretty much a kill if she misses. Recovering against Ike is disgustingly hard because his moves cover Zelda's options so much better than most, in no small part due to his sword and super armor.

I think you caught onto me though. I play the most predictable character in the most predictable manner. I don't think you really suck to be honest, just probably haven't fought Zelda enough.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I only caught onto the Din's Fire really. The rest I was like "OH WAIT" 2 frames before they activated. >_<

Most of the time, PS1 is a good stage for me. In fact, I got you down to one stock for the first time there. >_> And that was the only time I ever got a lead against you. And then I did something stupid and died early.

And ya, my edgeguarding sucks. I don't risk going off stage in wifi for obvious reasons, and I kept screwing up my onstage attempts outside of one or two Aethers. Even then, the first time I got an aether on you, you killed me for it. >_>

On another note: Hiding in the Norfair lava is a pain to do in wifi. >_> <_<

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I'll be honest, the number of Up B kills I got was crazy. It was like your Ike wanted to die to them.

Huh, I didn't realize that's where you got a lead on me. I do remember using Sheik there once... actually yeah, you Fsmashed me into oblivion there. My Sheik is trash lol... needle spam, jump around, run real fast, swing everywhere, and hope you killed something.

We did have some close ones though. I guess one of the things Ike players say is to make your opponent fear the sword, and one or two good reads on a player (or at least me) is enough to make me turtle up the rest of the match. You probably didn't notice but, for example, Fsmashing me pretty much changed how I approached you the rest of that match.

And I saw that lava thing. I didn't know it could be done.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Girls are like RPG battles. You can gain tons of EXP, but the fights always get tougher.
Epic analogy? Yes.

Girls are the causes of the greatest problems.
Girls are the solutions to the greatest problems.
Both statements are undeniably true. BE AMAZED.

Asian girls are the most likely to simultaneously be cute AND hot. This is why we love them.
Metroid, do you have a sister?
All the statements above are true.

And yeah, I do have an older sister haha.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
More like I was going "Crap, how long does it take for her to reappear again? If I mistime it she'll snag the edge and edgehog m-*stagespike'd*

Ya, I got the two Fsmash kills, though the one was at 168% or something crazy like that. I think that was the second one in a different match.

And I did see a slight change in your playing style after I Fsmashed you. You weren't as aggressive.

And the Norfair thing we just figured out like, a week ago. It's fun. :D Can only be done with that hazard though.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
You should play more often, I like playing Ikes... mostly because they generally don't play gay against me.

So that norfair thing... you just counter it and PS?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good games Kirk and Brett, I would have wanted to switch up the teams for awhile and play with a fellow Ike but me and PJGLZ needed to practice (even if most of those matches were for the lulz) cause we're teaming up for an online tourney.

Edit: And good games Brett just now. I finally started getting more accustomed to the lag near the end there and I was actually able to do some jab cancel stuff... albeit not well. Lol at the extended Fsmash to end our last match. Most of those matches were really close... I can tell you're still a better Ike than me though.

Unfortunately on WiFizzle it's not always about who does the best but rather who fails the least :ohwell:

:034:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
All the statements above are true.
=O
And yeah, I do have an older sister haha.
=O
----------------------
You should play more often, I like playing Ikes... mostly because they generally don't play gay against me.
I'll play you whenever I have the time. I play Zelda too, but I've never actually watched a good Zelda play. I only do things I've taught myself. =\
So that norfair thing... you just counter it and PS?
Yup. It's not very difficult. And it's very fun.
----------------------

GGs to Kirk, Nysyarc, and whatever random CF we were playing. Got a couple of those sillies saved. I'll watch tomorrow. Kirk and I nearly had some of those ridiculous combos going again. Man, Kirk, we need to team at some offline event (coughwhobocough) or something someday.
BTW, to everyone wondering, AETHER is the best thing since sliced bread.

I can tell you're still a better Ike than me though.
Maybe, but don't put yourself down. It isn't like you're not at all a force to be reckoned with, and you give me some really good matches whenever we play. Just constantly think about how your opponent reacts to everything. Also, work on being completely unpredictable in your getups. I tech-read grabbed you one too many times. And every time anything happens twice in a row, don't react the same exact way twice. That and the occasional QD recovery were two of the biggest things. Other than that, it was probably just WiFi nature making BOTH our playstyles somewhat stale and a little stupid at times. Ex: Way too much DA where not necessary by both of us.
Unfortunately on WiFizzle it's not always about who does the best but rather who fails the least :ohwell:
I kind of notice that too. I would win when I didn't mess up. I would lose when I messed up. Doesn't exactly sound profound but... I can't think of any better way to word it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Got a couple of those sillies saved.
Lmfao, I just watched the one where you and I were playing as Marth and Falco and Kirk was off-stage blowing himself up as Snake, and in our pitiful attempt to spike him we both ended up SDing at 0%.

BTW, to everyone wondering, AETHER is the best thing since sliced bread.
So I've learned. You guys racked like 90% on me in that Smashville match just using grabs and Aethers. One Aether is easy to escape, but two well-timed and co-ordinated Aethers are a force to be reckoned with.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Girls are like RPG battles. You can gain tons of EXP, but the fights always get tougher.
Epic analogy? Yes.

Girls are the causes of the greatest problems.
Girls are the solutions to the greatest problems.
Both statements are undeniably true. BE AMAZED.

Asian girls are the most likely to simultaneously be cute AND hot. This is why we love them.
Metroid, do you have a sister?
I like asian girls as much as the next guy, but...

In general, azn girls have no ***
In general, azn girls' chests' are flat as cardboard.
In general, today's azn girl can't cook.

They can be cute, but being hot is rare for them IMO. White girls dominate that.

In general, they do have a bigger brain than any other ethnic girl.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nice timing.

Hmm. I think I'ma start saying "A force with which to be reckoned." Because I don't like ending sentences with prepositions.

Om nom nom nom Aether and Dsmash and Eruption.
Actually "A force with which to be reckoned" sounds even more bad-***. I may have to jump on the bandwagon there.

And lol, you guys used so many Dsmashes in the doubles matches. At one point I think Kirk spammed ten in a row while I stood there like an idiot... only to eventually jump right into one. Good times.

And yah, at this point, I think the only thing I really need to work on is the reading and making sure I'm not stale. I noticed when you punished my get-ups but I never caught on soon enough. And yah, I only use QD for recovery if I know it's 100% guaranteed to not get gimped and it'll get me to the ledge faster or if I was sent beyond where Aether can save me... but on WiFi you never know what'll come out when you press a button.

Anyways, thanks or the tips. Hopefully I'll be able to brush up on my ability to read and punish before the next tourney.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I'll play you whenever I have the time. I play Zelda too, but I've never actually watched a good Zelda play. I only do things I've taught myself. =\
Awesome, glad to hear it.

And trust me, outside of some really situational things you probably taught yourself everything.

P.S. I love Boyd. A year ago I actually uploaded, well, this. I wish I gave him more Hand Axes.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
WHILE you guys were playing gayfi, I was having my fun at a smashfest with 10 other people. Me and PX got some good practice for Low Tier Doubles as Ganon+Ike. Other random matches were played with so many lawlz moments, and PX enjoys killing me for no reason .-.

We're gonna win LT Doubles.

9 hours of straight Brawl. Woot!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It varies more on who you are playing against along with what playstyle you are most comfortable with. Perfect example would be to not go head on against a Falco or DDD, otherwise, you will get CG. Meanwhile, it's ok to put pressure on a opponent that needs to play defensive against you, like Samus and Ganon.

Other characters are somewhat in between where you have to alternate or decide what is best for you in that match. This could be said for when fighting Snake.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Actually "A force with which to be reckoned" sounds even more bad-***. I may have to jump on the bandwagon there.

theres no bandwagon there its just brett in a bicycle.

Bored your just lucky I'm not there other wise I'd own you. I want to team up with someone better than duffman next hobo or low tier tournament in general :laugh:

He actually thinks hes falcon is as good as my ike.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
theres no bandwagon there its just brett in a bicycle.

Bored your just lucky I'm not there other wise I'd own you. I want to team up with someone better than duffman next hobo or low tier tournament in general :laugh:

He actually thinks hes falcon is as good as my ike.
El Paso is not coming? Dang...

And yes, Brett always tries to start a trend, but fails so hard. He can only get Canadians to jump on his back. And NO ONE cares about Canadians.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Aether is so not lulzy...I've been trying to use it more and more in 1v1s as well as in 2v2, it being better in 2v2s, obviously.

For those who don't know, some of the middle hits(after the 1st launch hit) have a property where it is twice as difficult to SDI the attack. This coupled with their low hitlag makes it VERY hard to SDI in the first place(Also for those who don't know, you can only input your SDI for as long as the hitlag from an attack lasts(also also for those who don't know, hitlag is when you are "frozen" after being hit by an attack(also also also, nested parentheses are awesome.)))

Just don't spam it...naturally. Unless you are me and Brett in doubles. Then spam the **** out of it...and Dsmash. Glorious, glorious Dsmash.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah I know bored it sucks because i really want to go to another smash tournament but this hobo doesn't seem big enough to be worth our while. Maybe FS 8 if it happens this winter if not it doesn't seem like we'll go till whobo.

I did drop my english class so now i have tuesdays completely off and a lot more time on thursday so maybe i can get a job and fly to a tournament though hmm....

I always thought what your describing was like the 1st type of hitstun before your launched away by big hits and that hitlag was the frames Ike would be frozen if he landed an Fsmash.

What would what i thought was hitlag be then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom