• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you play the lucas and link MU? I have no idea what links do besides spam projectiles. Does our nair beat out lucas' nair, and is PKT bad at gimping ike. I know the DACIT with ike but I don't really know any other ATs or little tricks that you can do with ike is there a list somewhere? Thanks in advance.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If spaced well enough, Lucas' N-air loses to Ike's I believe. Also, Ike's N-air lasts longer, so there's another advantage we have going head to head with attacks. As far as PKT gimping goes, what most Ikes make the mistake of is either not teching the edge, or using aether while getting hit, causing them to aether far away from the edge. Reserve your aether until you take the brunt of the PKT.

Link, short hop air dodge, constant jumping, get behind link, just get inside of him and punish. Get link off stage and it's GG for him.

Edit: Ike doesn't really have any tricks besides DACIT. Counter slide after QD, but that's practically useless for the most part.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
What advantages come from "whipping out" anything? Really. Every move has a time and a place (except Dsmash, really). You just have to learn that time and place and get good at recognizing it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember reading a blog a long time ago saying how to get good with whatever character you use. It's easy if you're using someone like Ike who doesn't rely on too much trickery or difficult maneuvers like Diddy. Basically, you use one move the entire match, and try to understand when it works, and when it doesn't work. On top of that, you're also making reads, so you're helping yourself there as well. Downside is, your move gets very stale LOL.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I remember reading a blog a long time ago saying how to get good with whatever character you use. It's easy if you're using someone like Ike who doesn't rely on too much trickery or difficult maneuvers like Diddy. Basically, you use one move the entire match, and try to understand when it works, and when it doesn't work. On top of that, you're also making reads, so you're helping yourself there as well. Downside is, your move gets very stale LOL.
yeah, a stale nair is not fun, seeing as i pracitcally stopped using fair because of an inability to full hop (crazy aint it) nair ended up doing about 5% when it hit, took a long time to hurt people.

also for techy stuff, ike has a load of b-stick trickery, but thats never gonna be of any use XD

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
A stale Nair is sometimes a good thing to have. It delays the time until Nair sends the opponent into tumble, meaning you can get more TRU COMBOSS off on the opponent.

For the unaware (or for those who don't care) Nair, factoring in landing lag, gives a frame advantage starting at +11 and capping at +18. After this +18 (which occurs at around 30ish percent) they will go into tumble and you will lose all your TRU COMBOSS. If you stale Nair you'll prevent that from happening for a while.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
A stale Nair is sometimes a good thing to have. It delays the time until Nair sends the opponent into tumble, meaning you can get more TRU COMBOSS off on the opponent.

For the unaware (or for those who don't care) Nair, factoring in landing lag, gives a frame advantage starting at +11 and capping at +18. After this +18 (which occurs at around 30ish percent) they will go into tumble and you will lose all your TRU COMBOSS. If you stale Nair you'll prevent that from happening for a while.
i see...speaknig of nair, does it have any landing lag? people need to keep shield grabbing me out of it...

yes, it is dedede who shieldgrabs me

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
i see...speaknig of nair, does it have any landing lag? people need to keep shield grabbing me out of it...

yes, it is dedede who shieldgrabs me
Yah Nair isn't a good approach against DDD because his grab is stupid. You should stick to retreated Fairs, and hit his shield with the tip, trying of course to bait a dash grab which you can punish with Jabs. If the DDD you're playing likes to roll behind you when you jump, then you can use an Nair to punish the roll, otherwise, DDD's grab is just too dumb for Nair to be of any use.

And yah it has 13 frames of landing lag, at least it's IASA frame is 13 on landing. I bumped Kirk's data thread so if you ever have any questions about the numbers just check there, it's awesome.

:034:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yah Nair isn't a good approach against DDD because his grab is stupid. You should stick to retreated Fairs, and hit his shield with the tip, trying of course to bait a dash grab which you can punish with Jabs. If the DDD you're playing likes to roll behind you when you jump, then you can use an Nair to punish the roll, otherwise, DDD's grab is just too dumb for Nair to be of any use.

And yah it has 13 frames of landing lag, at least it's IASA frame is 13 on landing. I bumped Kirk's data thread so if you ever have any questions about the numbers just check there, it's awesome.

ah good good, i was getting scared i was doin somethnig wrong because i keep getting grabbed out of it by a few characters (icies aswell, sadly)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
retreating nair doesn't get shield grabbed
By DDD it does, but it's perfectly safe on most other characters, maybe not DK or Olimar. I mean it might not get shield grabbed if you space it flawlessly down to a pixel, but that's not gonna happen in a match, so it's safer to go with retreated Fairs for those kind of characters. Except Olimar, it's safer to go with no aerials for him.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
King DeDeDe is stupid.

Anyway, I 'proved' a year or so ago that Nair is safe on block against Olimar if spaced very well. However, the catch is that you cannot jab afterwards as that extends your hitbox to the point where the advancing pikmin will grab you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i've tested nair spacing, if you space to hit the belly of DDD with the tip of nair when Ike's sword is parallel with the ground his grab will whiff

however i deemed it impractical and never brought it up. But recently I did a retreating nair on DDD and he whiffed. While retreating you strike then move waaay out of the way

On a side note, people might start learning how to PS fair cause RedX is pretty good at doing that :x

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fair is more situational than we initially thought, but it's still useful against some of the slower members of the cast.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I only powershield aerials when I'm running towards my opponent which is pretty bad if it gets baited. lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've noticed that... I've seen myself just naturally going for nair more often cause of how quick it is

Edit: how can you bait a PS (Shield) when in the air unless you have an aerial grab? ADing to the ground is too easy to stop

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've noticed that... I've seen myself just naturally going for nair more often cause of how quick it is

Edit: how can you bait a PS (Shield) when in the air unless you have an aerial grab? ADing to the ground is too easy to stop
no idea, you dont really want to bait powershield do you? its practically unpunishable. this guy in the uk (he plays like 21 different people, but luigi is his real main) and powershield everything, its so hard to punish him when he does that TT_TT

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I find myself occasionally approaching with a backflip. As Bair is Ike's fastest aerial by far, it leaves them guessing as to when the attack will come out as opposed to simply seeing the visual cues. If I see that it might not be the right time for a Bair, I will try to double jump over them and Nair the back of their shield (which is practically unpunishable by anyone, by the way) or I will jump back the way I came and either Nair as a retreat mechanism, ff to the ground or possibly quick draw away. It's unconventional but when most people expect a frontal approach it'll catch people off guard.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
retreating bair on shield is sooo good.

I also end up just doing a backflip over people's shield when trying to bair DX (wifi)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Scrawny *** Azn with a myspace style picture? Any other stereotypes you wanna put in there Red?

Edit: Is that the Sony Cybershot? If it is, I own that same model.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The **** is a myspace style picture? rofl
Idk about the cam, just snagged it from my sis.
Camera + mirror + tard pointing camera at mirror and taking self-pic.

Edit: I'm not sure how many of you care, but... in case you've forgotten what I look like, here's a picture my girlfriend drew of me. I think she's really fond of me.

EDIT: As for painful stereotypes, Bored, it could always be worse....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You two have inspired me to make my next facebook picture of me in the bathroom, shirtless, flexing, and using the mirror to take my photo.

San needs a picture of himself dressed as a baller and dunking on someone while his nuts hit someone's face.

Mr. Doom needs a picture of himself in a Doom video game kicking *** and taking names (The Mr. Doom stereotype).

Ryko...well he's already got a pretty good stereotyping picture. Maybe throw in a watermelon or grape drink.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You two have inspired me to make my next facebook picture of me in the bathroom, shirtless, flexing, and using the mirror to take my photo.

San needs a picture of himself dressed as a baller and dunking on someone while his nuts hit someone's face.

Mr. Doom needs a picture of himself in a Doom video game kicking *** and taking names (The Mr. Doom stereotype).

Ryko...well he's already got a pretty good stereotyping picture. Maybe throw in a watermelon or grape drink.

What is your avatar from?

Because I thiink i just saw it in its original medium about a half hour ago.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just Google imaged a picture of an eye, and photoshopped it into that.

If you're talking about where the eye itself is from, it's Naruto. The eye is Sasuke's Mangekyo Sharingan. I just made it red around the white area, and added blood to resemble when he uses Amaratsu.

Palpi

Smash Hero
For anyone who cares, I might start playing brawl seriously again. So san, we gon' be playing some wifi! >.<

I will try to have less ADD with chars and stick with falco and mk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom