• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
bored and brett use Uair pretty sick in teams you guys should record some videos next time you team and upload them.
I use U-Air well? I only use it when someone is above me lol. According to Slaps, Brett is the best Ike to use Up-Air on an opponent that is on the ground. Something I never use.

And yea, I might consider getting a recording device, but it's a shame I'll be in Austin for school one week from Friday.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
jab-dtilt isnt even close to legit.
I respectfully disagree. Though it isn't really close to a true combo... it's ****ing legit. =D
@ Brett/san/whoever wants to play me on Wi-Fi: I quit to study :D. Don't expect me on Wi-Fi for about a goooooooooood 4-5 months, which will be during February/March of 2010.
Shut up and don't lie to me.
Oh, and here's my secret to winning on Wi-Fi :D.
0_0 You dastard.
bored and brett use Uair pretty sick in teams you guys should record some videos next time you team and upload them.
<3 Uair
I use U-Air well?
I think it's because it's mainly what we do in our team combos when we don't have time for a smash. We do use it a fair bit.
According to Slaps, Brett is the best Ike to use Up-Air on an opponent that is on the ground. Something I never use.
It's because I'm amazing. Nah, I just really started reading rolls and SHFF Uaired them a lot. And finished a few games with it. <3 Uair... it seriously is one of my favorite moves now.
And yea, I might consider getting a recording device, but it's a shame I'll be in Austin for school one week from Friday.
My teams partner... the one who's better than me and makes the team work... he's leaving. =[
Move to Dallas, Arturo. =D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
if it was your last week in dallas why didn't you go to PBT?
Not enough money. I burned most of it on HOBO. The drive + food + venue = 20 bucks every time. Whatever cash I have left, I have reserved for other things.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I probably spent 45 bucks tops at HOBO. 2 PBTs = 1 HOBO.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I only use it when someone is above me lol. According to Slaps, Brett is the best Ike to use Up-Air on an opponent that is on the ground. Something I never use.
indeed i did say that... i got wrecked by it! hardcore! lol i like spot dodge and then i went flying then was like WTF?!?! lmao but yeah keep it up brett.. and bored your good at everything lol so yeah lol

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
B-air WoP (with some F-air mix-ups)
Tried it on a Marth today. Looks like it seems pretty useful.

Thoughts/Usefulness/Viability?
Well here is my input. Taken you can keep it up like Jigglypuff at the same speed and your opponent can't spotdodge it or anything alike, that's pretty amazing. I don't find this of very much use. Sure it looks intimidating watching an Ike spam bair and fair. If you run into a player who actually has experience with Ike, you'll notice how easy it was for him to get out of it. Due to Ike not having a true WoP. And Marth practically able to DS out of any situation. It could however make a decent new approach if you don't want any of your techniques/strategies found out. How reliable this can be, probably until your opponent has reached the idea how easy it is to get around it and it's predictability.

Once per match up perhaps? It can be used to throw in some variety.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Well here is my input. Taken you can keep it up like Jigglypuff at the same speed and your opponent can't spotdodge it or anything alike, that's pretty amazing. I don't find this of very much use. Sure it looks intimidating watching an Ike spam bair and fair. If you run into a player who actually has experience with Ike, you'll notice how easy it was for him to get out of it. Due to Ike not having a true WoP. And Marth practically able to DS out of any situation. It could however make a decent new approach if you don't want any of your techniques/strategies found out. How reliable this can be, probably until your opponent has reached the idea how easy it is to get around it and it's predictability.

Once per match up perhaps? It can be used to throw in some variety.
The Marth wasn't a random scrub. Probably a few things he could do to get past it but can't expect someone to figure out how to get past something like this quickly without knowing it beforehand. Also, I wouldn't call it an approach but a brickwall of sorts on notsoshort characters that don't have very long range and preferably them trapped near the ledge.

Buffered retreating B-airs eliminates shield grabbing. You can Full hop B-air for Full hop approaches and you can second jump b-air before touching the ground. The F-air screws up spacing and B-air is fast/auto-cancels so it is rather intimidating with the changes in speed and range. I think it could be pretty useful.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hey guys i'm going on vacation but who ever wants to be a part of that profile thing just send me your info and I'll start working on them soon as i get internet access again.

So far only niddo has sent me his stuff.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The profile thing was discussed quite a few pages back I think. Basically we're putting up profiles of Ike mains from the boards. So like, send A_B your name, a picture of you, a paragraph about yourself, and like what color Ike you play and your tournament placings (if applicable). You don't have to of course, just for people who want to.

I wanted to put my catch phrase in my profile too, but it's in my sig so it doesn't really matter either way.

:034:

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody. Man... I needa visit this place some more... i play with IKE a few times too.

Anywayz, cutting to the chase:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and Ike) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Cool thing about this move is that it allows a INSTANTANEOUS NON-FASTFALLED d-air right in the middle of it. Works for those with laggy (but epic) spike-moves with high fastfall risk.

Thanks for the time. I hope you like and laugh. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments. :D

comboking

Smash Master
Nice to hear. I will have some matches of me fighting BlueTerrorist's Bowser in a while and by a while I mean a long time. His sonic beat me in the first round of a tourney I then lost to a Link FD first then BF. The first match I took a stock off of Blue Terrorist and got him to 90% before I lost. The second match I sandbagged as Falco I just couldn't grab him though. Sonic is so hard to hit.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So I went to Oh Snap 5, a somewhat tourney in Oklahoma. I got out of pools via playoff in a 4-person tie, which I should have avoided. (Lost to some scrub in regular matches, but don't know how, since I nearly went 2-0 against UTD Zac... but he definitely outsmarted me in the end and it was 1-1.)

1st round in bracket. Type Ex. Falco. FML. Lost on last stock on SV, 2-stocked him on Pirate Ship, lost on last stock on BF. CLOSE set. Falco's spot dodge is ridiculous.

2nd round, already in losers bracket. Fino. Olimar. FML. He was in my pool too. Both matches in pools were lost on last stock, medium damage. First game, lost on (forgot which neutral), last stock, medium damage. 2nd game, banned Pirate Ship, I chose Delfino, lost on last stock low-mid damage.

I also met Mr Doom, if you guys know him. Plays Ike. I friendlied him a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm a scrub because it was right as I got there and I was feeling tired and sick. Whatever.

By the way, have you guys heard of Duelist, the Snake only minigame made by Dallas players? I got 7th in that tournament. Killed myself off on first round, so I had to run losers bracket to get there. It's funny when you have a clearer shot at beating bigger names... I beat Sethlon, Razer, and Thebadnewsbear. Even though it's not a real game, I find that satisfying.
But then Dojo beat me. But he's still an awesome guy.

If any of you wonder why I tell all about my tourneys in here, I'll explain right now. It's because I want increased motivation to get better results out of myself. If I have bad results, I'll get tired of telling you guys all about my bad results and I'll want better. If I get good results, it'll put my spirits high and I'll want that to keep going.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If any of you wonder why I tell all about my tourneys in here, I'll explain right now. It's because I want increased motivation to get better results out of myself. If I have bad results, I'll get tired of telling you guys all about my bad results and I'll want better. If I get good results, it'll put my spirits high and I'll want that to keep going.
Good strategy, I'll help by telling you to stop playing so bad and to do better instead :)

Here it goes...

Brett, stop playing so bad and do better instead.

Whew... hope that helped :)

/cruddy motivational speeches

In all seriousness though, I'm going to be having my first real offline tourney on the 29th this month. I'm practicing like a maniac. I'm going to go it all Ike, and just learn the match-ups as well as I possibly can.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps Ike isn't so bland. Kirk made a video titled The Absurd Combo in which three Ike players battering down on a single player who survives extreme percentages due to S/DI.

I personally think of it as something fun to try and as well as helping to pracice DI, at least IMO

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So... what was originally just a chat for the Ike tryouts has become pretty popular. I made it into an actual group and gave it a name and such (Ike Babies... it was Penta's idea, blame him!). We can use it as a general live chat for the Ike boards if no one objects to it.

http://xat.com/IkeBabies

^^^ That's the URL.

Oh and anyone who wants to be a mod in the chat just let me know.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
So... what was originally just a chat for the Ike tryouts has become pretty popular. I made it into an actual group and gave it a name and such (Ike Babies... it was Penta's idea, blame him!). We can use it as a general live chat for the Ike boards if no one objects to it.

http://xat.com/IkeBabies

^^^ That's the URL.

Oh and anyone who wants to be a mod in the chat just let me know.

I object to it! But don't mind me!

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I think we need a thread or something to discuss or find new ways of dealing with planking against especific characters, there’s nothing speaking of such a notorious aspect of a tournament match in here.

Just some thoughts that popped in my mind recently and I currently got no Wii to test it: Can we control the aerial momentum while charging QD? Can we fastfall? If so, could we SH -> QD -> FF and then release it close to the ground in order to get just the soft landing slide part? Does Ike traverse the stage faster by using aerial QDs instead of running?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Just some thoughts that popped in my mind recently and I currently got no Wii to test it: Can we control the aerial momentum while charging QD? Can we fastfall? If so, could we SH -> QD -> FF and then release it close to the ground in order to get just the soft landing slide part? Does Ike traverse the stage faster by using aerial QDs instead of running?
To answer all of your questions:

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom