• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
aww **** :/ i just think its better to just complete the jab combo, jab to grab isn't even that good either. You can get more percent completing the jab combo then jab to grab and ike really doesn't have any good grab follow ups...

btw when does bthrow to DA work?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
A heck of a long % range. When it stops being a true combo, it's because they are looking at being KOed by nearly anything. Jab 1 -> Jab1 -> Grab -> Bthrow -> DA is beast. When I'm offline, I save the Full Combo as a KOing move. Seriously, it's his easiest to land KOing move after all.

And I thought Utilt came out frame 11. >_>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nope, it's a true combo. Figured out with frame data and everything. It does work on most characters, I think there are only 5 it doesn't work on.

metroid1117

Smash Master
A heck of a long % range. When it stops being a true combo, it's because they are looking at being KOed by nearly anything. Jab 1 -> Jab1 -> Grab -> Bthrow -> DA is beast. When I'm offline, I save the Full Combo as a KOing move. Seriously, it's his easiest to land KOing move after all.

And I thought Utilt came out frame 11. >_>
Personally, I use jab -> jab combo for building up damage and then jab -> BThrow -> dash attack at mid %s.

But yeah, I gave Kirk's Frame Data another look; DSmash and UTilt are equally fast and come out on frame 13.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hmph. I just don't like bthrow to dash attack because it just doesn't work for me.

Palpi

Smash Hero
...I can't buffer stuff from d3 dthrow (since i dont play him ever) and i can buffer the dash attack from the bthrow xD.

I have been using a lot more utilt lately and it has been paying off. I 2-0 (5 stocked) a mario and killed him with 3 utilt and used it to build some dmg.

WingBr

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I got some more noob questions to you and I would be very grateful if you could answer then properly. Anyways, here are the questions:

1 - Is there some good way you would recomend to practice DI? I'm trying to improve my game doing this, I know the theory about it and all, but I just can't "remember" to do it while playing. How did you guys learned to do it? Any extra thoughts?

2 - About Nair returning from ledge and Fair returning from ledge: is one of them proven ot be best? What one you use? I'm trying to learn then and I'm having some problens, but I guss it's normal considering my playing level, anyway I just want to know if oe offers more benefits than the other one.

3 - It's worth to run in the opposite direction then pivot grab real fast for the extra range or should I just do something ele?

4 - When jabbing, is it better to hold A or to mash it? why?

Thanks in advance!

Kirk

Smash Champion
For the people saying Bthrow > Dash attack is a true combo, please stop lol.

This is one of those things where it is character(weight, fall speed, etc.) and percentage(higher percents send into a tumble and further) dependent.

A lot of characters can just shield because they hit the ground and be able to act before the dash attack gets there. If characters start getting to higher percents, they will be able to air dodge faster and have the ability to DI(usually upwards) with possibility of avoiding the attack.

In the end, it is a great followup that can catch people off guard because the window of opportunity to avoid it is very small, however it is not guaranteed depending on the character and their percent.

Nyah~

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
Wow, it seems everything has changed here. I am just getting back into brawl after taking a break (actually it was last summer when I stopped playing competively). Where has all the clans and stuff gone to? Ike in the extreme low tiers, WTF is up with that. I remember last time everyone were discussing how he was a lower high tier character. I remember people were complaining about how Ike was really good. Just wondering about what happaned to him. Well, enough of the rambling, just saying hi and trying to figure out what's going on : )

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kirk, what's a very good example of a character who gets hit by Bthrow -> DA in a large range of damage %?
(I ask so we can get an idea of weight/fall speed in our heads for reference. I'm hazy on this as well. I also ask YOU because you seem to just know the most.. stuff.. out of all of us.)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Maybe we should make a big list that includes what characters and at what percents Bthrow -> DA is a true combo? Obviously it would take awhile to make the list but I think it would be worth it. We'd never be caught by someone shielding our DA again because we'd always know when it will and won't work.

:034:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Heh, the fact that it's so finicky is probably why so many people get hit by throw -> Usmash. If you guys haven't tried that one, I recommend it. You'll hit a lot of spot dodges.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Heh, the fact that it's so finicky is probably why so many people get hit by throw -> Usmash. If you guys haven't tried that one, I recommend it. You'll hit a lot of spot dodges.
I've started using Usmash a lot more often recently. Like, I used to avoid my smash attacks almost entirely, but I've found people get hit with Usmash more often than you'd think because it just takes a bit longer to come out than they're used to. I can often bait and punish a roll or a spot dodge just with an Usmash as long as I've got my opponent thinking I'm doing something else.

Lol, when I was having friendlies with Wil yesterday (I think it was yesterday), he would run up to me and spot dodge a lot, so one time I just charged an Fsmash as he ran up and sure enough he spot dodged and then ate the fully charged Fsmash. You just have to know when to use the smash attacks to screw with people's heads. It's fun.

Palpi

Smash Hero
if your opponent gets hit by dthrow to upsmash once, they will just jump and not get hit by it again ever.

I did SH-> QD right to "Hyphen usmash" left for kill. I jizzed. The QD didn't hit, it was just bait :)

@nysyarc...cause you know smart players run up to you and spot dodge a lot...lol

Kirk

Smash Champion
In case anyone would be interested...

I'm going to be setting up a stream from my house tomorrow sometime in the afternoon...going until late at night. I'm having a smashfest with lots of people and Rykoshet shall be coming in for a visit.

Just letting people know because...you should watch! :D

comboking

Smash Master

I'm going to be setting up a stream from my house tomorrow sometime in the afternoon...going until late at night. I'm having a smashfest with lots of people and Rykoshet shall be coming in for a visit.

Record you vs Ryko and put it on youtube please. :)

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman

Where would I go to watch it? -_-'

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Awesome, let me know if there's any matches you want me to get with my screen capture program. As long as the stream doesn't lag too much (which it shouldn't) it'll produce some nice HD videos.

And yah, send us a link.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay good, lol, I wanted to offer but I don't think I'd be able to handle the pressure of recording someone else's match live.

Cool, cool. I like links... but not the Brawl kind, they're just silly. I mean come on, who uses one-handed swords? Pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom