• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingBr

Smash Cadet
Changing Sbject:
So is the matchup discussion suspended for now? Didn't see activity on the topic lately and I was hoping for some new discussions =\. Where is Guilhe anyway?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Is QD often, if ever, a good replacement for running, like, to chase or something?

It takes a while to charge, but I always have this suspicion that I am getting to my destination faster and more efficiently when I use it in place of running.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Lol. When you say crouch cancelling im thinking.. This isn't melee :) But you mean jab cancelling lol.
Lol same here.

@ A_B: It really isn't all that useful with Ike. The slide is barely noticeable. The only character I consistently use it with is Toon Link.

@ Lex: It has its occasional uses. But it isn't good as an approach option. Best way I can think of is when hit you opponent offstage and you need to cover ground quickly to set up an edgeguard.

comboking

Smash Master
Kirk uses it sometimes I have noticed. I think it is just to change things up though. Instead of QD is Ike's Foxtrot faster than his normal run speed?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Lex Crunch said:
Is QD often, if ever, a good replacement for running, like, to chase or something?

It takes a while to charge, but I always have this suspicion that I am getting to my destination faster and more efficiently when I use it in place of running.
QD is actually excellent for tech chasing if your opponent doesn't tech on the ground. But yeah, you don't really want to replace running with QD.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yo nidtendo. Reflex is too good.
Eh? Is this about the PT debate on the tier list thread?

I haven't had time to really look at it, I'm in the middle of relearning 2, year long courses for tests on Tuesday + Wednesday so I can pass them an not have to take another 6 months of university. >_>

Palpi

Smash Hero
1st: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2nd: Ally (Snake)
3rd: M2K (MK)
4th: Lain
5th: Anther (Pikachu)
5th: Atomsk (King Dedede, Luigi)
7th: Pikapika (Pikachu)
7th: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)
9th: Ksizzle (MK, Snake)
9th: Judge (MK)
9th: Fatal (Snake)
9th: Shadow (MK)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nope. I'm currently clueless as to what tournament that was, and I'm too busy to do more then this one post currently. -_-

EDIT: Computer failed at showing new page. >_>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good stuff from ADHD, I would like to see him place around that area at the next big tournament.

Side note: I updated the voting situation going on for the tryouts. I posted the so far results made.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Wyatt hasnt placed lower than 9th in ages, dude. Guy's definitely consistent.

5th at Genesis. 3rd at Brawl till you fall. First in various other tournaments, and keep in mind that a local in NY/NJ is a consistent 64+ man bracket.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hey, Ryko...i can see you. :D

That tournament was crazy...live stream videos were intense lol.

I've nothing better to say right now...other than Ryko is looking at me strange!!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Moar videos! From the tourney and from your live stream Kirk. I may have been in the stream chat for like... 8 hours? 9? But I only actually watched a few matches and they were laggy as balls.

Good stuff at the tourney though. I'm going all Ike (and possibly some Ganon for the lulz) at the local tourney on the 29th. I should place pretty well too.

:034:

Palpi

Smash Hero
I honestly can't recall the last time I saw ADHD get worse than 6th or 7th.

2 pikas in top 10 (ZOMG)

1 Pokemon Trainer. who the hell is metaknight? xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey, are we still making those profile things for Ashu's Lib?

Wondering if I should bother making one.
And if I should, I need to get a good, current picture of me.
Profile pictures should consist of most important // highly regarded Ike players to the "we don't give a crap about you" players. Here is my list.

Bored
I <3 Bored
Bored Fan Club
TheeBoredOne
Bored-meister
Boring Bored Guy
Bored Character
Combo King

And then you guys can squabble for the other spots.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Profile pictures should consist of most important // highly regarded Ike players to the "we don't give a crap about you" players. Here is my list.

Bored
I <3 Bored
Bored Fan Club
TheeBoredOne
Bored-meister
Boring Bored Guy
Bored Character
Combo King

lmao he's thinking of others

not so narcissistic:lick:

Palpi

Smash Hero
Nah AB... well kinda. I went from Marth, to ike / marth, to mk, to snake/falco, to mk. for some reason I need stuff looking different so i just switch my icon. Metaknight is my blind pick anyway.

I practiced falco snake and marth a lot because I had 6 MKs in my Apex pool and it pissed me off. Once the aftershock of that incident was over, i went back to MK, and it has been a fun ride thus far :)

Chibo is hosting MK banned tournies ( sigh ) and I need a lot of practice, so I am picking up Diddy for those because he is the most fun tourney viable character imo. I like playing a lot of characters, but I am forever focussing on my MK.

-Story of my character change life xD

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Me and ryko are both out of Ike practice :(

Bored
I <3 Bored
Bored Fan Club
TheeBoredOne
Bored-meister
Boring Bored Guy
Bored Character
Combo King

so your fans are going to be above you? what if CK is one of them?

Palpi that 6 mk thing is probably the biggest reason i think Mk should be banned. I see how he isn't broken at high levels of play but the mid metagame abuses him to much and I think that is just as important as the top because with out mid players we wouldn't have huge tournaments.

but oh well just different criteria and values for everyone.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I understand what you are saying. But I know 2 different people who didnt even have 1 MK in their pool. Though I beat 2 of the MK's, I SD'd at 10% and 0% in 2 different matches against another (nerves) and went Ike against Doom's falco as a joke because I was already out. Luck of the draw I suppose.

Hopefully people hop on the diddy wagon as I am. ( for MK banned tournies :))

Isn't Xyro(lol) doing a MK singles ban tourney and non-banned in doubles? Though MK / Snake are probably the best doubles partners / team, there is more viability for other characters like G&W. I also think Wario is better in doubles, though I am bias because I played inui and atomsk going double wario and it was unpleasant.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Nah if you take a look at national tournaments MK is actually more dominant in doubles than singles but people just seem to be more ok with that. I still think MK is top tier in doubles just look at genesis it had like 7 out of the top 8 teams with a metaknight in them.

Most MK mains do seem to use diddy when he is banned.

comboking

Smash Master

Bored
I <3 Bored
Bored Fan Club
TheeBoredOne
Bored-meister
Boring Bored Guy
Bored Character
Combo King

The other spots being below me. :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
metroid1117 (aka metroid)
Tournament and Brawl+ Player
Buffalo Grove, IL

My real name is Brian. I'm currently 19 years old and at Northwestern for college. Right now I plan to major in Secondary Education, concentrating in Biology, and minoring in Music Cognition. I guess I'm a typical Asian nerd; I do pretty well in school and my hobbies include Smash, Touhou, and music. I don't really have any special talents except for music; I consider myself to be fairly proficient in both piano and clarinet and I have perfect pitch (the ability to identify the note-name for a given pitch). If you guys need the notes for a melody, I'll be glad to help you out if you give me a recording.

I don't show it too much when I post on the boards, but I do have a goofy side as well. Here's a glimpse of it. (Not shown to conserve space.)

Palpi

Smash Hero
EDIT

You look like the asian kid from school of rock :)

...the piano helps

You don't know how much I would give for perfect pitch hehe. I play trumpet, guitar and melo's drums

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Here's a glimpse of it. (Not shown to conserve space.)
LOL

I just found that really funny for some reason. Not the picture, but the fact that right after you show us evidence of your occasional goofiness, you give us a serious reason why you didn't show it in the post. Awesome.

Anyways, I already PMd my profile thingy to A_B, but I think he's held out because nobody else did until now.

:034:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I am probably better than some other people that say they play drums and own drum sets and you know it! Like that kid Geroge w/e his last name is and explosive sheep drummer lulz! :) I don't have the money for a drum set anymore!!

I edidted it hahahaha
Haha, I know, just messing.
You should have bought that cheap drum set at proline :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom