• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
You told me on monday or something then I went for my lesson and it was gone the next day.

I am gonna tell greg ... old guy's name right? to tell me if he gets another 80$ drum set and ill be all over it.

Vouch for me dan, doesn't he look like asian kid from school of rock? (its a good thing metroid, no worries :))

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You told me on monday or something then I went for my lesson and it was gone the next day.

I am gonna tell greg ... old guy's name right? to tell me if he gets another 80$ drum set and ill be all over it.

Vouch for me dan, doesn't he look like asian kid from school of rock? (its a good thing metroid, no worries :))
Vouch.
He does. The piano definitely helps.

Kirk

Smash Champion
No.

In other news, a new(to my knowledge) AT for Ike was discovered last night.

...too bad its essentially useless and is ridiculously hard to do in a real match.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I am WHITE and play piano. HELLZ YEAH.

And... I'd bet almost anything that you guys are BOTH going into biology or something whereas I'm the only one silly enough to be a music major.
That's the difference between white and Asian musicians. Asians either play from the time they're 2 months old or pick something that will pay.. like being a doctor. We white Americans just do music because we don't like anything else.
And I'm so smart that I'm planning on a career I can't learn about in even UNT's college of music.

Hmmmmmm, I need a good current picture so I can do that profile thing. Soon.

In other news, I'm getting *****.
(A good Marth has come to UNT and my main cannot quite beat his main. He claims he will make me very good in the match-up though.)

(Also, Kirk, out of curiosity, what is said useless new AT for Ike?)

Kirk

Smash Champion
(Also, Kirk, out of curiosity, what is said useless new AT for Ike?)
lmao can't believe I forgot that part... >.>

Well, basically, you can cancel Aether's landing lag coming back onto a stage, resetting yourself back into his idle, standing stance(Think MK canceling shuttle loop on the stage or w/e you call it).

It's more or less useless because...you can only do it on slanted edges from what I saw(yoshi's, lylat, etc.) and the spacing is ridiculously strict.

But yeah, neat trick, but not very applicable in most situations.

metroid1117

Smash Master
lmao can't believe I forgot that part... >.>

Well, basically, you can cancel Aether's landing lag coming back onto a stage, resetting yourself back into his idle, standing stance(Think MK canceling shuttle loop on the stage or w/e you call it).

It's more or less useless because...you can only do it on slanted edges from what I saw(yoshi's, lylat, etc.) and the spacing is ridiculously strict.

But yeah, neat trick, but not very applicable in most situations.
Do you have a video if it being done? Or is it just edge canceling?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Delfino
The first time it happened on a slant during the beach part, and I originally thought it was because of the slant/DDD being big that the grab glitched out or something and caused it. But later he did it to me on the main stage, so...that's not it.
Standing grabs
Quite a few, I don't know an exact number. He didn't do it for an incredibly long time, he ended up throwing me eventually
Grab break animation looked the same to me every time
Uhh...I don't know if I tried to spotdodge, it looked too fast for me to get out of really, but maybe I could've spotdodged out? The fact it was on wifi would've made that difficult anyway
He grabbed me, pummeled me like once, and I'd auto break out and he'd grab me again. @.@
any answer for this yet? @.@

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I took first at this tournament held by my college. Filled with nooby people though, and too many of them were gawking way too much at what I was doing. At least first prize was worth it. Free shirt, 2 1 GB flash drives, a gold certificate, deodrant, body wash, and a coupon LOL.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So I took first at this tournament held by my college. Filled with nooby people though, and too many of them were gawking way too much at what I was doing. At least first prize was worth it. Free shirt, 2 1 GB flash drives, a gold certificate, deodrant, body wash, and a coupon LOL.
Lmao, easy pickings eh? I wanna say congrats... but honestly now :lick:

I don't know what to expect at my local tourney tomorrow. 40 people signed up, decent amount of money for top three placement. Some of the top players seem like they really know what they're doing but I've been practicing all the match-ups with their mains... plus other than like five people the rest all seem more like casual gamers.

I'm definitely going it all Ike and I think I can get top three at least if I keep my head.

:034:

metroid1117

Smash Master
LOL what's with the random prizes? Good job though, show them how to use Ike the noob killer :p.

I don't know what to expect at my local tourney tomorrow. 40 people signed up, decent amount of money for top three placement. Some of the top players seem like they really know what they're doing but I've been practicing all the match-ups with their mains... plus other than like five people the rest all seem more like casual gamers.

I'm definitely going it all Ike and I think I can get top three at least if I keep my head.

Good luck man :). By the way, how many Ike users are there in Canada besides you?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good luck man :). By the way, how many Ike users are there in Canada besides you?
On Smashboards... er... not many, if any at all. There are probably tons of Ike mains in Canada who don't make themselves known at tourneys or in forums. There's one other Ike main going to this tourney, but he seems pretty casual and not fully up to speed with Ike's metagame.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman

I'm going to a tournament today =). There probably will be live stream. It's titled road to viridian city. Find it under atlantic north section if you want to watch live stream.
Good luck to the both of you! :)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, good and bad news about my tourney today. I started out thinking positive, telling myself I can do good. We had four pools with eight or nine people in each (nine in mine), and only the top four from each pool got seeded into the bracket.

I basically dominated my pool. I won 7 out of 8 matches, only lost to Lamb who has a really good Pikachu and knew how to punish just about everything I did with Ike (I went 100% Ike the whole time, even if I lost a match). Everyone seemed impressed with my spacing and jab canceling and so I slowly built confidence.

Then it all went downhill... very quickly. I didn't win a single match in the actual tournament; I lost 2-0 in my first set and 2-0 again in my first losers set. No johns, I just lost my nerve and started making a ton of mistakes. I didn't lose horribly or anything, and I definitely could have won both those sets... I just failed hard.

One thing to note: I really enjoyed counterpicking Pirate Ship. Only one of my opponents was smart enough to ban it. All the others usually got two-stocked... except in my last set where I took 90% from those cannonballs in about 10 seconds.

My proudest moment in the tourney was a comeback in a particularly grueling match-up. I had just beaten a Wolf player and he CPd Halberd as Metaknight. At one point when I had just taken a stock off of him, I SDd with a badly timed QD so I was down a whole stock (he had two and I had one). I ended up winning with 86% on me after getting him stuck in the big laser beam. He was a good player too so I was happy :laugh:

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text guys. I'm pretty happy with how it went, considering I was the only Ike player there out of four who made it out of pools. There were just a lot more high tier characters and serious players than I anticipated. Good times though.

tl;dr... I won... and then lost.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, good and bad news about my tourney today. I started out thinking positive, telling myself I can do good. We had four pools with eight or nine people in each (nine in mine), and only the top four from each pool got seeded into the bracket.

I basically dominated my pool. I won 7 out of 8 matches, only lost to Lamb who has a really good Pikachu and knew how to punish just about everything I did with Ike (I went 100% Ike the whole time, even if I lost a match). Everyone seemed impressed with my spacing and jab canceling and so I slowly built confidence.

Then it all went downhill... very quickly. I didn't win a single match in the actual tournament; I lost 2-0 in my first set and 2-0 again in my first losers set. No johns, I just lost my nerve and started making a ton of mistakes. I didn't lose horribly or anything, and I definitely could have won both those sets... I just failed hard.

One thing to note: I really enjoyed counterpicking Pirate Ship. Only one of my opponents was smart enough to ban it. All the others usually got two-stocked... except in my last set where I took 90% from those cannonballs in about 10 seconds.

My proudest moment in the tourney was a comeback in a particularly grueling match-up. I had just beaten a Wolf player and he CPd Halberd as Metaknight. At one point when I had just taken a stock off of him, I SDd with a badly timed QD so I was down a whole stock (he had two and I had one). I ended up winning with 86% on me after getting him stuck in the big laser beam. He was a good player too so I was happy :laugh:

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text guys. I'm pretty happy with how it went, considering I was the only Ike player there out of four who made it out of pools. There were just a lot more high tier characters and serious players than I anticipated. Good times though.

tl;dr... I won... and then lost.

Haha, your nervousness reminds me of when I went to HOBO (monthly with 100 ppl). Doubles, I was calm and cool, but when Singles started I was nervous for the most part. It really did stale my game and made me very predictable. Good job on making it out of pools, though I think running a molecule bracket would have been better since there are only 40 ppl.

So it's safe to say you are the best Ike in your city?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So it's safe to say you are the best Ike in your city?
Yah, so it would seem. I'm gonna start going to smashfests and other such get-togethers to work on my offline game. My problem is I'm too used to WiFi and I don't know enough match-ups... especially with high tiers.

Speaking of which, we should revive the match-up thread. Maybe continue it or even revisit some older ones that maybe haven't been discussed in awhile.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ahh...yea, when I went to my first offline tourny, I was fresh off wi-fi...it did mess me up a few times, but I eventually adapted. Hope you can do the same.

As far as the match-up thread goes...it's safe to say that I'm the best Ike player around who doesn't bother reading those kinda threads LOL.

Also, I heard Inui went all Ike at Viridian. He lost to MintyFlesh in winners or losers...not sure...I hope Kimchi did better than him.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, I've played Kimchi's Ike online and if he's that good on WiFi he must be pretty awesome offline. When I played Pink Fresh a while back he compared my Ike to Penta, Light and Inui... so if I have around as good an Ike as Inui, then Kimchi must be better than him O.o

/obscure comparisons

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Haha, Nysyarc is using Inui logic.
Do you mean like... logic that Inui uses or does it have something to do with the fact that I mentioned Inui? Also, I realize it's a bad way to compare players, hence the "obscure comparisons".

In other news, I have to wait like, five months for the next local tourney... it sucks.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean like... logic that Inui uses or does it have something to do with the fact that I mentioned Inui? Also, I realize it's a bad way to compare players, hence the "obscure comparisons".

In other news, I have to wait like, five months for the next local tourney... it sucks.

You should host one then. :pimp:

Palpi

Smash Hero
Well, I've played Kimchi's Ike online and if he's that good on WiFi he must be pretty awesome offline. When I played Pink Fresh a while back he compared my Ike to Penta, Light and Inui... so if I have around as good an Ike as Inui, then Kimchi must be better than him O.o

/obscure comparisons

No.

Wifi means absolutely nothing.

Now MY ike is a reaper of souls. I took 3 stocks off M2k and Ally today while killing my partner twice with a spike and aether spike. It is was epic, had like a bunch of people watching in crowd and live stream, it like my moment and I felt great :)

Kimchi doesn't want to beleive me that Inui is better with ike than him xD

Kimchi can vouch that my moment was epic :)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wifi means absolutely nothing.
I disagree but I don't want to start an argument here so... I'll pretend that wasn't said.

Now MY ike is a reaper of souls. I took 3 stocks off M2k and Ally today while killing my partner twice with a spike and aether spike. It is was epic, had like a bunch of people watching in crowd and live stream, it like my moment and I felt great :)
Lol, as if taking 3 stocks off of M2K and Ally wasn't enough you were so hyped you spiked your partner too. Awesome. Any chance it'll end up on YouTube?

King of Sack said:
You should host one then.
Actually, I just found out we'll be having bi-weeklies in the meantime. Nothing serious I don't think (like, not for money) but at least it'll keep me fresh offline.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Palpi was in super-rage mode, and his partner happened to cross his path in the water.

Palpi's scream when he spiked him was beyond epic. It was all "BYAAAAAAH!" Epic.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lmfao, man I wanna see that stream recording now. If it gets put up somewhere like YouTube let me know. Good stuff.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Lmfao, man I wanna see that stream recording now. If it gets put up somewhere like YouTube let me know. Good stuff.

****!YA BET MEH TOO IT! Seriously though, that is the best laugh I've had in a long time! Someone better upload it and tell me or else... IMMA EATIN UR CHILDREN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom