• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I do not think there is a way to make collision bubbles visible...but I hope there is and I just don't know about it yet. xD

I'm having too much fun with this thing...

I completely remade Ike's Down-B, replacing his Counter move.

I changed the animation to Ike's Down taunt. When the sword gets stuck into the ground, if the opponent is close enough, he will be stunned in place(think ZSS's Dsmash). Then, when he goes "Hmph!", a column of fire appears out of nowhere and sends them flying... xD

Random idea I had just for fun...hoping to make it have more effects and stuff...fine tuning and the like. It's cool because at higher percents...like 120% or so, the stun lasts long enough so they get combo'd into the fire. I'm still learning the program(only froze the game once so far :p ) and I hope to be able to do more with it in the future.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...Neat!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
lol I had Jerm in my FS5 pool bracket.

I landed a Fsmash on him. XD Otherwise I got owned. And then Hylian owned me....and Forsaken (D3)....and another D3.......I managed to win one battle against a local guy....and then I went Falcon against a PT because I knew I was out.
Dude forsaken wrecks ike with D3... always with the Bair soo hard to beat, come to think of it i haven't played him in like forever! lol

I do not think there is a way to make collision bubbles visible...but I hope there is and I just don't know about it yet. xD

I'm having too much fun with this thing...

I completely remade Ike's Down-B, replacing his Counter move.

I changed the animation to Ike's Down taunt. When the sword gets stuck into the ground, if the opponent is close enough, he will be stunned in place(think ZSS's Dsmash). Then, when he goes "Hmph!", a column of fire appears out of nowhere and sends them flying... xD

Random idea I had just for fun...hoping to make it have more effects and stuff...fine tuning and the like. It's cool because at higher percents...like 120% or so, the stun lasts long enough so they get combo'd into the fire. I'm still learning the program(only froze the game once so far :p ) and I hope to be able to do more with it in the future.

dude thats amazing!!! neat indeed!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
OMG I need this program now! I looked at the tutorial, does it have to be run on a PC or can it run on a Mac? Also I'm assuming you need homebrew?

LOL at first I thought you were gonna say when the sword gets planted in the ground it acts like Luigi's taunt and spikes them, but the stun -> T3H PH1R3Z is even better!

Teh Brettster said:
Bair is not why D3 is difficult for Ike.
*cough* ridiculous grab -> chaingrab *cough*

:034:

metroid1117

Smash Master

Make. Video. Now.

Please? :D

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Make. Video. Now.

Please? :D
I was just thinking that. Also, expand Aether's hitbox to include the entire stage and make it spike people whether there is solid ground beneath them or not. Er... or maybe that would be a little too broken.

But seriously, can that program be run on a Mac? I don't want to have to drag out my old PC if it's not necessary.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Is it possible to add healing properties to Aether? Like the REAL Aether does? And make QD go past people like phantasm?

Those would be nice... and faithful to Ike's original game. Except they'd both pretty much be instant kills to be -really- faithful.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Except they'd both pretty much be instant kills to be -really- faithful.
Hence my idea :laugh:

But yah Aether healing and QD passing through opponents actually sounds pretty viable. I mean it's not like you could spam Aether to heal yourself quickly, although it would add a whole new incentive for ledge-camping with Aether.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If you want to be really faithful to Ike's Aether you're going to need to have the landing hit do a ton of shield damage (Since Aether is Sol + Luna IIRC). That'd be pretty awesome, actually.

Anyway, I'm actually curious to know (since I've received a PM or two on the matter) if there's any interest in bringing the gigantic match-up topic up to date. It sort of came to a halt when I vanished (whoah! what a surprise!) and I haven't actually done much (anything) with it on my return.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It sort of came to a halt when I vanished (whoah! what a surprise!) and I haven't actually done much (anything) with it on my return.
This sentence wins forever.

Also, speaking of match-ups, I need help with the Yoshi match-up. I always seem to either lose or just do really bad (win by barely a stock) when faced with even a mediocre Yoshi. I don't know what it is, someone could main DDD and I'd beat him consistently, occasionally two-stocking him, and then he pulls out Yoshi (his secondary) and destroys me repeatedly. This should not happen.

Yet it does, and so I need help. I read up on it in our match-up thread here but I'd just like to know if most of that still applies or maybe we've got new material now or we've found more things he has on us? I just seem to get out-spaced or just out... speeded? on every turn no matter how careful I am with my approaches.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Video: The move is nowhere near done...but I could showcase what the program is capable of. So that's a possibility.

Aether: I don't think anyone has found the specific actions that heal characters yet...so that would be on hold. Shield damage is easy...I found where that value is myself.

Quick Draw: Off the top of my head, I could theoretically just remove the collision bubbles at a certain point and Ike will just pass through. Optimally, I trigger(i.e. a button press) would be used for this, but I don't know how to do that yet.

More on triggers, I would like to be able to cancel Eruption and QD charges. Like pressing the shield button while charging will cancel the charge into your shield(i.e. like Diddy can with his Peanut popgun). I can possibly look at the code for that and see if it's possible with Ike...that'd be neat.

And I just had another thought on healing...Maybe ness/lucas' Down-B code can shed some light on that one...

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Video: The move is nowhere near done...but I could showcase what the program is capable of. So that's a possibility.

Aether: I don't think anyone has found the specific actions that heal characters yet...so that would be on hold. Shield damage is easy...I found where that value is myself.

Quick Draw: Off the top of my head, I could theoretically just remove the collision bubbles at a certain point and Ike will just pass through. Optimally, I trigger(i.e. a button press) would be used for this, but I don't know how to do that yet.

More on triggers, I would like to be able to cancel Eruption and QD charges. Like pressing the shield button while charging will cancel the charge into your shield(i.e. like Diddy can with his Peanut popgun). I can possibly look at the code for that and see if it's possible with Ike...that'd be neat.

And I just had another thought on healing...Maybe ness/lucas' Down-B code can shed some light on that one...
It would be cool if we could make it so if Ike was hit during Aether's SA frames, instead of taking damage, he would be healed by that much %. :)

If someone customizes Ike to be an S-tier worthy character, give me a call!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It would be cool if we could make it so if Ike was hit during Aether's SA frames, instead of taking damage, he would be healed by that much %. :)
Wow that's a great idea, and if you can figure out what makes Ness/Lucas' down B do what it does, that should be relatively easy because it follows more or less the same mechanic. With Ike's it would be all forms of damage rather than just energy damage though.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Wow that's a great idea, and if you can figure out what makes Ness/Lucas' down B do what it does, that should be relatively easy because it follows more or less the same mechanic. With Ike's it would be all forms of damage rather than just energy damage though.

I'll see what I can do. The answer might lie in a combination of Counter and Psi Magnet. Hmm... hey Kirk! Want to make Ike Chuck Norris tier? :D

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Anyway, I'm actually curious to know (since I've received a PM or two on the matter) if there's any interest in bringing the gigantic match-up topic up to date. It sort of came to a halt when I vanished (whoah! what a surprise!) and I haven't actually done much (anything) with it on my return.
I've already started the new matchup discussion, we are currently revising Pit.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This sentence wins forever.

Also, speaking of match-ups, I need help with the Yoshi match-up. I always seem to either lose or just do really bad (win by barely a stock) when faced with even a mediocre Yoshi. I don't know what it is, someone could main DDD and I'd beat him consistently, occasionally two-stocking him, and then he pulls out Yoshi (his secondary) and destroys me repeatedly. This should not happen.

Yet it does, and so I need help. I read up on it in our match-up thread here but I'd just like to know if most of that still applies or maybe we've got new material now or we've found more things he has on us? I just seem to get out-spaced or just out... speeded? on every turn no matter how careful I am with my approaches.

Just refreshing this, I seriously still need help because I could be facing as many as two Yoshi mains in a tourney next week.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Don't challenge the egg tossing from the ledge. Just stay out of range until he stops grabbing the ledge repeatedly while throwing eggs.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
If you want to be really faithful to Ike's Aether you're going to need to have the landing hit do a ton of shield damage (Since Aether is Sol + Luna IIRC). That'd be pretty awesome, actually.

I actually have covered both the Captain Falcon and the Samus matchups while you were gone here. Never got around to making a write-up for Mario though. You or Guilhe are free to use my write-ups. Don't worry, both of them are filled with feedback from both the Ike boards and the respective Samus/Captain Falcon Boards.

EDIT: Brett, the matches are finally up. They can be viewed here and here.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So, I'm gonna be experimenting with playing brawl while listening to my mp3 player. Probably try in various ways, such as slow songs, fast songs, high volume, low volume etc...Anyone here listen to music while playing? I always figured that it can make you play either too fast or too slow depending on the song and match up. I wouldn't want to be listening to something epic fast while playing a DDD or IC.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So, I'm gonna be experimenting with playing brawl while listening to my mp3 player. Probably try in various ways, such as slow songs, fast songs, high volume, low volume etc...Anyone here listen to music while playing? I always figured that it can make you play either too fast or too slow depending on the song and match up. I wouldn't want to be listening to something epic fast while playing a DDD or IC.
I remember TJ started listening to music during matches near the end of the semesters and he experimented around. I think he listened to different genres with different characters/match-ups. Not sure if he still does. But that's someone to talk to about it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I know I usually play more active/aggressive the more aggressive/exciting the song I'm listening to.
Tired from playing brawl all day after I got back from Cornell.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember TJ started listening to music during matches near the end of the semesters and he experimented around. I think he listened to different genres with different characters/match-ups. Not sure if he still does. But that's someone to talk to about it.
Yea, I noticed at HOBO that a lot of the good players use music while playing (Dojo, Melee1, some guy who's name I forgot). While it's obvious that music doesn't determine how good they are, I want to see if it does help improve your skill somewhat.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yea, I noticed at HOBO that a lot of the good players use music while playing (Dojo, Melee1, some guy who's name I forgot). While it's obvious that music doesn't determine how good they are, I want to see if it does help improve your skill somewhat.
I don't know if Dojo and Melee1 listen to music for this purpose, but a Melee player named Darkrain listens to music to block out the crowd.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Went to a biweekly today (the last at the current venue, because it's being closed down).

I got 9th out of 34.
I'm not dissatisfied considering the 8 names in front of me.

UTD Zac
Bwett
Melee1
DPhat
Fogo
Damien (doesn't go out of town, but is really good)
DMG
Sethlon

(Not sure of the order.. I just know those are the top 8 and Zac was in grand finals.)

I don't think that's bad. More legit than not getting out of pools at HOBO17.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Went to a biweekly today (the last at the current venue, because it's being closed down).

I got 9th out of 34.

UTD Zac
Bwett
Melee1
DPhat
Fogo
DMG
Sethlon

(Not sure of the order.. I just know those are the top 8 and Zac was in grand finals.)

Nice job; who did you lose to?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Nice job; who did you lose to?
Winners- Damien... MK round one, G&W round two (we agreed on Corneria- G&W was his CP. I was on my way to winning that match until I challenged stuff I shouldn't have and gave him my last 2 stocks.

Losers- Dphat. Falco round one (nearly 200 lasers fired), MK round two. Both matches were pretty ugly.

I SUCK against MK. I just can't get my bearings in that match-up.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Winners- Damien... MK round one, G&W round two (we agreed on Corneria- G&W was his CP. I was on my way to winning that match until I challenged stuff I shouldn't have and gave him my last 2 stocks.

Losers- Dphat. Falco round one (nearly 200 lasers fired), MK round two. Both matches were pretty ugly.

I SUCK against MK. I just can't get my bearings in that match-up.
That sucks, especially the first match :(. Good to see that you tore through Loser's bracket for a bit though.

Anyways... I was randomly browsing the Peach forums when I saw this thread. What I thought especially interesting about it was the profile section (2nd post), and I was wondering if you guys would be interested in doing something similar to that. If you guys would be interested, then which thread would it go in (this one, the Ike finder, or a new thread altogether)?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
That sucks, especially the first match :(. Good to see that you tore through Loser's bracket for a bit though.

Anyways... I was randomly browsing the Peach forums when I saw this thread. What I thought especially interesting about it was the profile section (2nd post), and I was wondering if you guys would be interested in doing something similar to that. If you guys would be interested, then which thread would it go in (this one, the Ike finder, or a new thread altogether)?
Haha, nah, my wins were in winners bracket. I didn't face Damien until like 4th round. Dphat was my first match in losers.

Palpi

Smash Hero
That is a cool idea Metroid.

I play Ryoko's Zelda in low tier tournament. It was some tough ****, first match was last hit on smashville (bad stage to strike to) and he was low % on last stock 2nd roudn on battlefield. I handled my self decently but it was really tough, any pointers on zelda match up? (LOW TIER TOURNIES FTW)

I 2-0 (5 stocked) a Mario player first round, but I had to leave when I went into losers cause my band played a show tonight :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend

I got 9th out of 34.

UTD Zac
Bwett
Melee1
DPhat
Fogo
DMG
Sethlon

Wow, that's what I was hoping to place if I went lol...nice job.

And Metroid, yes! Finally a reason to show off my gorgeous sexy face! Fangirls! Need not worry! I am here to serve! No fan-fics though.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I would have to dig up that FS5 pic with me in it. My beard is fuller now, but I can't post a newer one. Parents would have a heart attack if they knew any picture of me existed on the interwebs. Brett can testify though that I look like Jesus. And I have the worse luck in history. >_>

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I would have to dig up that FS5 pic with me in it. My beard is fuller now, but I can't post a newer one. Parents would have a heart attack if they knew any picture of me existed on the interwebs. Brett can testify though that I look like Jesus. And I have the worse luck in history. >_>
I am not a religious man, but upon seeing Niddo, I nearly broke out into southern praise music, like the kind they sing in black Baptist churches.

The dude looks like Jesus.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That's a great idea. I was thinking the Ike finder would be the best way to go, but the pictures would be few and far between if we did it that way (a lot of people on the finder who don't frequent the boards). Maybe a new thread would be the best option, that way only people who want to have their profile up can do it and it'll be easier to access.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's a great idea. I was thinking the Ike finder would be the best way to go, but the pictures would be few and far between if we did it that way (a lot of people on the finder who don't frequent the boards). Maybe a new thread would be the best option, that way only people who want to have their profile up can do it and it'll be easier to access.

In all honesty, I don't want a bunch of random Ike players who rarely post or show up to contribute having this benefit. It would be cool if the thread creator could delete posts, but I guess it doesn't work that way. Profile thing should be dedicated to those who constantly play with Ike via online, offline, or post plenty on the boards.

Kirk

Smash Champion
@TB - Nice job at the tourney! Those matchups always suck... :/ Any videos by chance? We like videos...at least I do lol.

@metroid - That does look like an interesting idea...but we would definitely need a good way to go about out...taking what Nysarc/bored said into account.

Which reminds me...I need to put more videos up...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
@TB - Nice job at the tourney! Those matchups always suck... :/ Any videos by chance? We like videos...at least I do lol.
If I had my SD card (got stolen last week, GRRR, and I'm trying to get it back), I would TOTALLY have saved some really good matches against a Wario I played first round. PIVOT GRABS ARE YUM.

@metroid - That does look like an interesting idea...but we would definitely need a good way to go about out...taking what Nysarc/bored said into account.
Eh, best way I can think of immediately is through PM to the owner of the thread-- if it's someone who frequents the boards, it should be put up in the first post of the thread. But then, this could just turn into a giant overflow of PMs to that person....

Which reminds me...I need to put more videos up...
I like videos too. I should probably subscribe to some channels so I know when to look for new ones, LOL. I'm so lazy, I don't even subscribe. How pitiful am I?

BTW, I think A_B said he got 2nd out of like 23-25 people today in his El Paso tournament. But I also think he said he used Snake for the finals.
Either way, congrats to him. I'm sure he'll post about it latercoughcough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom