• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol i guess i can see where you're getting at x_X

but that Zelda was pretty bad,regardless offline or online lol

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
He's not so bad half the time. That match with Zelda though must have been pretty laggy to depend on smash's only.

Arturito_Burrito said:
It was really lack of skill on the DK's part. The 12 12 shouldn't have worked and the last part where he jabbed about 5 times shouldn't have gone past 2.
Yeah, recently I found out it's not all that to hard to escape the jabs. Actually I think that was pretty godly on Abyss' part to keep it up like that. The DK player looked as he was not expecting that.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The Ike Boards should do something like the Fox Boards and start interviewing our good/pro/noticeable Ike mainers that hang around here. It would help pump some life into this board. >_>

metroid1117

Smash Master
The Ike Boards should do something like the Fox Boards and start interviewing our good/pro/noticeable Ike mainers that hang around here. It would help pump some life into this board. >_>
That would be pretty cool actually. Who would be willing to interview people, and who would be willing to be interviewed?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Not a clue. >_>

I guess I could ask questions if nobody else will. Do you just do it through PMs or something like that? Because my computer doesn't like chat programs for some reason.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Not a clue. >_>

I guess I could ask questions if nobody else will. Do you just do it through PMs or something like that? Because my computer doesn't like chat programs for some reason.
You could always try getting a gmail account; they have a built-in chat function that you can use to communicate with other gmail users.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd honestly rather just do it through PMs. I have a yahoo account, but yahoo still doesn't work on my computer. Inbox.com doesn't have a built in chat function either....

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It'd probably be better through some sort of chat, really. Otherwise, it's just a list of questions and a list of answers.. and I think it would be a little more interesting if the interview felt like a conversation.. not a survey or interrogation.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Thats not hard to do, particularly because I'll be asking you all for questions.

I just have to stop being lazy and make the topic/decide who to interview first because I don't see Kirk around much. Ryko isn't around as much either...

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I have a question for the Ike boards about the jab cancel.
First, is it usually better to cancel the first or second jab?
Also, when I jab my opp.'s shield, I tend to just jab cancel and repeat jab1 until he rolls away so I can follow with a dash attack. It seems like shield grabbing never works on me- how hard is it to grab a rapid-punching Ike?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
First Jab has more hitstun, but mix it up a bit.

Second part, I don't know, depends on the character. D3 probably could easily....

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think first jab gives you 6 frame advantage and 2nd jab gives you 1. You can't really do anything with one. Jab jab - > dash grab works if your opponent doesn't jump.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Also, when I jab my opp.'s shield, I tend to just jab cancel and repeat jab1 until he rolls away so I can follow with a dash attack. It seems like shield grabbing never works on me- how hard is it to grab a rapid-punching Ike?
If you're sticking to single jab cancels, it should be fairly difficult.

Assume that you're right in your opponent's grab range; Ike's single jab has IASA frames at frame 17 and the hitbox comes out on frame 3. Assuming that Wolf and Ike's shieldstun for their first jabs are the same (10 frames), they would be able to do an action on frame 13 of Ike's jab animation. Grabs generally take about 7 frames to come out; if they were to grab on frame 13, Ike would be grabbed on the frame that his hitbox comes out.

Frame data for Ike is here and Wolf's frame data is here

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
actually if you look what is written below the tier list, Ike is top of low tier...
Not even top, PT is. It's a borderline deal and honestly even if they allow D tier even partially in low tiers, he still destroys the rest of low tier. Sonic was his only worry, and the piece of **** moved way on up.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wait, so.. we can enter low tier tourneys now? I'm actually happy about that! And we don't even have to be in E tier to do it! Huzzah for a lower numerical placing, eh, if you consider that little silver lining.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't want to be able to enter low tier tournaments with my main.

And I refuse to accept PT > Ike until I see more then just Reflex placing well. PT's tournament results are Reflex, Reflex, Reflex, Reflex, Typh, Reflex, Reflex, randomly used as a secondary by a random dude, Reflex, Reflex, Reflex, Typh, Reflex, etc.

At least Ike is Kirk, San, Renegade, Kirk, A_B, Metroid, San, Renegade, Kirk, random secondary, San, etc.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't want to be able to enter low tier tournaments with my main.

And I refuse to accept PT > Ike until I see more then just Reflex placing well. PT's tournament results are Reflex, Reflex, Reflex, Reflex, Typh, Reflex, Reflex, randomly used as a secondary by a random dude, Reflex, Reflex, Reflex, Typh, Reflex, etc.

At least Ike is Kirk, San, Renegade, Kirk, A_B, Metroid, San, Renegade, Kirk, random secondary, San, etc.
I haven't placed in a top spot since... last July lol (3rd/28). I've gotten 9th twice and 13th/38 last time, which isn't too impressive statistically.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this tier placing. To me, it will be even more funny to beat people now with Ike.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this tier placing. To me, it will be even more funny to beat people now with Ike.
Because it's:

A) A slippery slope

B) Now that we are lower, people are going to take us even less seriously in match-up discussion, and we've already had enough headaches with that.

C) Just because we are all a bunch of nerds and the internet is serious business.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I recently started playing Brawl again to get in shape for FS. It's been 3-4 weeks, and before I had taken this break, I was playing Brawl+. During the break, I played SF 4. Doesn't help that I'm using wifi as well to get back into the top of things. It's definitely hurting my reaction time. Also, for some reason, I need to kick the habit of doing N-Air to N-air =/....it was so sexy in Brawl+.

Any tips on overcoming long breaks?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
(I may need the same tips. I haven't played offline in about 3 weeks, and I've played Wifi twice since then, which is so mind-numbing that I don't even consider that playing.)

I'll probably just need that smashfest that Melee1 is holding right before PBT next week. I'll probably also need PBT (even on those joke stages) to get back into the swing.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Any tips on overcoming long breaks?
Play with anyone around you; if it's not possible, then you'll have to go to Training Mode and practice stuff like jab cancels strings (jab -> BAir was what I focused on), speed hugging, jabbing out of shield, and sweetspotting as much as possible with Aether. When you get to the venue, play as many friendlies as possible to get off any remaining rust; if it weren't for the 20+ friendly matches I played, I doubt I would've made it past the 4th round in my last tournament.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Training mode works wonders for me. Making sure I can do things like pivot jabs and stuff without problem and taking away bad habits. After melee, it took me over half a year to get rid of the bad habit of SDI/DI ing down when I got hit (which sends Ike horizontal/gimp range) It just takes getting familiar with everything again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I don't think I have problems with the fundamentals, but I do need to get back into playing people. The little things like timing my air dodge, attacks, and simply knowing match ups will go a long way.

BTW, I was surfing youtube and I found this. A method Yoshi can use to gimp us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxXV3XEag4

Clearly something we should watch out for when Yoshis start using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom