• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Trolling troll is trolling.

Umm. Not sure how many people were there, but Bored got 4th at Espy's Steakfest.

EDIT: Is anyone else legitimately interested in making another SWF Ike compilation video this Spring?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
He's not trolling, just tell him to go ask for San.
Also, I really want a 2nd Ike vid too, but I think we're all lazy to help make one >.>

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!?! We have been posting about this for weeks!!! :mad088:
I read about it but it didn't look like it was going anywhere discussion-wise. I was gone here for almost 2 months you know lol.

RedX: You're pretty good, too, you know =p.

I suck vs matchups where i have to drastically change my style. I'm starting to look into it though. My style changed over time, so characters that used to be easier may suddenly feel tougher.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys are scrubs for losing to San. Bored is awesome. He's the best Ike in the world. He could beat anyone in this thread while giving everyone a 2 stock advantage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
7th place out of 17 entrants. All of them were really good too.

Fairly decent for 100% Ike, though.
Not as good as Bored getting 4th and almost beating big names like Px and Espy.

I'm telling you guys, Bored is legit. I think he's the best Ike in the nation.

-RedX-

Smash Lord

Why would you say your name instead of "me"? >.>
Good job Light.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I TOLD YOU! You'll spend like an hour and a half getting beaten, often 2-stocked, and you'll win a game once, and he'll call you good!
He did the same thing to me!
Out of all the times I have played San i believe i may have beaten him once or twice. Whenever i get a 1 stock lead at 0% he goes SuperSan and ***** the **** out of my 2 stocks surviving until like 150% and its like WtF!??!?!
Why would you say your name instead of "me"? >.>
Good job Light.
Espy is so amazing that he talks in the third person just to show how great he is! It also makes everyone else feel insignificant but that is how we should feel in the presence of the almighty Espy. =D

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Trolling troll is trolling.

Umm. Not sure how many people were there, but Bored got 4th at Espy's Steakfest.

EDIT: Is anyone else legitimately interested in making another SWF Ike compilation video this Spring?
Good job Bored :laugh: (I was lurking but i'm still there :p)

I'm interested in making another SWF Ike compilation but I'm very bad at editing :dizzy:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

We all know he's super legit. I mean, I think I'm "legit" and he's a step ahead of me. He's definitely one of the top Ikes in the nation.

Red, I only beat San because I went super Brett on a stock and he messed up a few times.

Slaps, how does your WiFi game excel far beyond your offline game? That's ******** and backwards.

As for the video, we would of course use clips from some of the longer-lasting, well-known Ikes first-- assuming they do have the best clips.

Palpi

Smash Hero
From what I have gathered from talking to peeps like brett and ab, and me playing slaps....slaps seems to do pretty well online in comparison to offline =]

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
It was a NorCal tourney but let me just post the top 8 / main characters they used and see if you know any of them. As far as I know they are pretty notable in NorCal.

1) Catnip :metaknight:
2) Sean :metaknight:
3) Trevonte :falco:
4) Count :dedede:
5) RIP :wario:
5) PUFFS :luigi2:
7) Sake :metaknight:
7) Light :ike:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Oh ****, my ***** Goat(Trevonte) was there, why did he use Falco? He's a Fox/Snake/Diddy guy.....lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
He used Fox in a few matches but as far as I know he used Falco for the last 2 sets, I think. I didn't get to see him in action much at all but the TO told me he used Falco at the end.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good stuff Light, glad to see an Ike main in the west coast actually doing something.

On another note, I easily had the potential to crack 2nd place, but messed up a lot along the way. Here's the jist of it...

Winner's bracket, I played Espy, took him to game 3...didn't know about the Yoshi's Island trick with Sonic and eventually got timed out. He out damaged me by like 30 percent, last stock. First match of this, I had some sick DI. On smashville, I was on the edge of the stage, I was about to redo my aether, but he b-aired me. I avoided the bottom part of the stage, went flying to the other side, and aethered back up.

Losers, I played Phantom X, took him to lost stock, last match...killed myself on frigate early on, and then I lost on last stock by 60 damage.

Overall, I killed myself a lot in that tourny, I probably had 5 SDs. Wasn't tourny jitters...just some matches I didn't take seriously.

On another note, I got my revenge on K Prime and 2-0ed him.

In the end, I finished 4th out of like 25 ppl. Not many people, but the competition was pretty stiff after the first round.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wonder who was busy posting stuff up on this thread using my account. lol.

1) When Sonic side-B's on the corners of certain stages (YI:B, Pictochat, any slant on stages like Brinstar, Pirate Ship, and Pokemon Stadium), he's invincible.

Ike can't do anything about it.

2) Bored is si~ck.

Bored, I want to play you again. Without the parlor tricks.

3) Bored vs. Prime was amazing. That QA lock he got on you made it a pretty close set.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
[LINK]

Oklahoma Tourney on Jan 23rd.

Top Eight
1: Bassem :wario:
2: DMG :wario:
3: Mr. Doom :ike:
4: fk :zerosuitsamus:
5: Light :shiek:
5: Afrotastic :metaknight:
7: Chuck Nasty :pt: :metaknight:
7: Typ_Ex :falco:

•Col•

Smash Champion
1) When Sonic side-B's on the corners of certain stages (YI:B, Pictochat, any slant on stages like Brinstar, Pirate Ship, and Pokemon Stadium), he's invincible.

Ike can't do anything about it.
Wait, so is it that you just have to charge Sonic's Side-B on the edge of those stages?

Is there a video of it somewhere? o_O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good stuff Mr. Doom...great weekend for Ike players. You other scrubs need to step it up. Metroid needs to upgrade to lurking at tournies, San needs to go somewhere out of his area, Slaps needs to stop slappin around, and Penta...GTFO these boards.

BTW: Didn't know Light lived near Oklahoma...I thought he was always close to Houston.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Mr. Doom.. how did you do vs DMG? I'm just wondering how Ike does against Wario.
DMG is a super campy Wario. Probably the campiest person in Smash history. A lot of his matches time out or go to last minute.

Px is a bit more aggro. So honestly, it's two differently styles, but both still great Warios.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
BTW: Didn't know Light lived near Oklahoma...I thought he was always close to Houston.
He goes to Tex A&M, so I would assume he lives in Tex. He, DPhat, DMG, and someone else carpooled to OK.

Mr. Doom.. how did you do vs DMG? I'm just wondering how Ike does against Wario.
DMG tried his air-camping stuff, he told me, and it didn't work. Personally, I thought he wasn't very campy. Fatty Fat Fatso's Wario was campier, in that particular tournament.

Bassem's Wario is aggressive, too. We fought offstage, gimping each other's recoveries, and we fought near the blast zone. Good times, good times.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Good stuff Mr. Doom...great weekend for Ike players. You other scrubs need to step it up. Metroid needs to upgrade to lurking at tournies, San needs to go somewhere out of his area, Slaps needs to stop slappin around, and Penta...GTFO these boards.
I haven't played vBrawl at tournaments for a long time haha, I suck pretty badly now (as my most recent YouTube videos prove so).

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh... This is something I've been wanting to talk about the past few days.... But then I thought it might've been something that was briefly discussed a loooooooooooong time ago which is where I first heard about it, but then forgot.

So yeah. Has aether-spiking people into a platform to set up a trap been talked about before? And even if it has, I think it's worth looking into more, as I don't really see any Ike's out there using it besides myself. Especially because it leads to a guaranteed charged upsmash, guaranteed uair, or even possibly an fsmash if you predict right. Plus it's almost completely safe to do on certain stages like Battlefield.

And another thing.... Has using Aether on certain slopes in stages to make it 100% unpunishable been discussed as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom