• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Two, 3 reasons I didn't camp much:

1. We were crunched for time, and it was agreed that Dphat and I combined could ruin the tournament for everyone else if we wanted our matches to go to time. This wasn't a big issue because I think we both agreed mutually for the sake of everyone else not to be an A-hole, but I understood that gay things could happen for other people if I wanted to be a deck about it and time out every one.

2. I don't know if it was that I was camping sloppily from not really trying to time people out in tournament/not being warmed up and prepared mentally to camp for that long, or if it was something else, but I was not really doing that amazing trying to "camp" Doom. I felt like there was a better trade off for me IMO to try and fight a "normal" fight with some defensive weaving here and there instead of focusing solely on trying to run away without getting hit. That, and I didn't have very good stages for doing so. For example, Frigate is really weird/extremely hard/not worth it to try and run from Ike there. I took him to that stage because the incentives it offered were much better than trying to get a stage I can run from him on IMO. They were also safer advantages for me (stage flips, right side being a nightmare for him to safely recover from, etc).

3. Ike IMO for Wario is a character that like I said earlier it's probably better overall for you to try and fight him normally instead of attempting to pull off elaborate weave-games and mindgames in the air to dodge him. I thought I did better trying to get around his attacks in a passive-aggressive manner than just trying to avoid them completely without thinking about a possible counter attack for me.

As for Ike v Wario, it's really not that bad for you guys IMO. 6:4 sounds about right TBH. Overall, it's hard for Ike to kill Wario even with grab release + free hit. It's hard enough to grab him in the first place, let alone kill him with the free blow IMO. With that said, I doubt Wario camping you will be a problem except on stages that it's blatantly obvious that it favors Wario on like Smashville or RC.

Light is from Texas, and yeah Bassem is much more aggressive than I am. Offstage, Wario can get away with a lot more than I did against Doom (as shown by what Bassem did/showed compared to me where I kinda just backed off most of the time and let him back on where I would try to predict what he did from the edge), but Onstage it's a whole new game and you have to be careful trying to go that aggressive against Ike.

Kishin

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241847

Just tested the Single Banana Lock with Ike and it worked. Not 100% sure it's completely a true combo though but it's a lot harder to do with Ike.

C-stick: smash
*holding banana*
stand close to Diddy
SH C-stick down (you can follow-up with a B-air right after this)
Airdodge *regrab banana*
Repeat

You could finish it with B-air but since it hits in the opposite direction that's probably a bad finisher.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241847

Just tested the Single Banana Lock with Ike and it worked. Not 100% sure it's completely a true combo though but it's a lot harder to do with Ike.

C-stick: smash
*holding banana*
stand close to Diddy
SH C-stick down (you can follow-up with a B-air right after this)
Airdodge *regrab banana*
Repeat

You could finish it with B-air but since it hits in the opposite direction that's probably a bad finisher.
Someone needs to test this, I didn't know Ike was capable of doing that....
Is it possible with C-stick set to Tilts?
And good job Mr. Doom, how much $$$ did you win?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Meh, only $25. There were 50 attendees with a $5 entry fee. The tourney in St. Louis is the next one I plan to attend. It's this weekend.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Haha, same here Brett, I got a tourney this weekend and another one the following week. Then a regional around March 6th.
Let's see if I can stop sucking(inb4gay) >_>

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Passive-Aggressive is where it's at =p

I can't help but approach people even when I know I don't need to :(

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Kirk sighting at Hot Dickings... Mr. Doom to Kirk, are you going to Hot Dickings, the St. Louis Tournament this weekend? Mr. Doom is going.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I couldn't find anything on YouTube or Google related to lvl 18 CPUs, so my guess is that it's fake.
Yea, I tried a search on SWF, but the search function isn't working for me right now.

On another note, I bet Niddo dreams of my awesome Ike and wants to suck all over it.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
lol don't make me break out my average, not so special Ike on all yo azzes xD

btw Niddo it seems like A2 has more knowledge of Ike than you do...

...JK JK DONT FLAME ME D:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol don't make me break out my average, not so special Ike on all yo azzes xD

btw Niddo it seems like A2 has more knowledge of Ike than you do...

...JK JK DONT FLAME ME D:
Too late. Lynching party is on it's way.

@Bored: Sure, but if you had my knowledge, you'd remember which characters we have grab releases on. :laugh:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
@Bored: Sure, but if you had my knowledge, you'd remember which characters we have grab releases on. :laugh:
Ugh, I hate forgetting those =_=
And I think someone should make a complete list on what characters+percentages we have Bthrow->Dash Attack guaranteed. =)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'd also like to know the exact % we can bthrow to dash attack, or at least the page number in this topic if it's already been found >=(

I've been using jabs less in favor of aerials, but I can't let my ground game stay weak. How do you guys get your jabs in on certain characters?

EDIT: Dammit, beaten by Red-X.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I can beat you in forums but not your Ike ;[

I never really thought about how I use Jabs, I just use them whenever it's the only option besides grab to punish something.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I made a tiny list somewhere in this topic of Bthrow to Dash attack but it was really not that useful since it was pretty general and only talked about a few top tier characters.

I'll make a better, 100% scientific list, next time I go home.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Red-X is already stealing posts... my dreams have forseen this... *puts on a tin-foil helmet*

YLight will be my hero if he makes a Bthrow-Dash attack list tested with DI. Just sayin'.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You make Jab look gay lol.

You read SDI where people go behind you, and you just turn and jab them anyways lol.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Jab is already gay. From what you're saying, Mr. Doom's jab must make other people gay for it.

I just don't know when to go from spacing aerials and stuff to go in for the jab vs some of Ike's tougher MUs (snake, marth, DDD, MK) who already have plenty of range themselves to abuse.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You make Jab look gay lol.

You read SDI where people go behind you, and you just turn and jab them anyways lol.
Lots of Ikes learn to do this. I mean, at least, I do. Happens most when the opponent is just in the air, very close to you. If I'm jabbing you and I turn around to keep going and let you free, it's because I thought that would happen.

Mr Doom, though, is perhaps the jabbiest Ike I've played.
San is the Nair Wizard.

-RedX-

Smash Lord

ffffffffuuuuuu

btw san can we wifi later, or anyone that wants to? palpi?... Red-X!? :D
Try to catch me in AiB ladder chat, I'm usually there at least once a day now getting my practice in.

Red-X is already stealing posts... my dreams have forseen this... *puts on a tin-foil helmet*
LMAO I forgot about that dream you had, sounds more like a glimpse into the future :chuckle:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

YLight will be my hero if he makes a Bthrow-Dash attack list tested with DI. Just sayin'.
Two things:

1) I thought I already was your hero :(

2) Bthrow does not put the enemy into the tumbling animation, so they cannot DI it and they can't do to much about it besides land (or, if they can, jump out). So until around 105% they cannot DI your Bthrow.

Also I place dibs on Eruption as my signature move. It sucks but it still kills **** somehow. Just like me (lololol)

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom