• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm visiting new york for like 2 weeks. We should play, just dont punch me :)
<_< I just need to play one Ike...lol, I wanna do it so I can FINALLY put the Bowser - Ike matchup to rest and kinda forward Bowser research (we're trying to get in-depth/detailed matchup stuff going for each character) and I was thinking since I have an Ike main (and a good one at that ;]) like 15 minutes from my house I could get that done. I just need a few matches to be played and recorded, and it'd be better if I didn't waste Red's time, so I was thinking of just MM'ing him. I'm sure it would be good for you guys if you had some videos of Ike against Bowser as well, right?

I guess I could play you too Quiz lol. Since when do you use SWF? :L

Also, the thought has crossed my mind, and I've talked to Red about it like...once. I've been thinking of using Ike along with Bowser; he's pretty entertaining to use ._. There's so much I'd have to learn though. D:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
But....you don't live in that amazing house no more that me and Bebo like D;
I'd rather do the MM at the next tournament lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
But....you don't live in that amazing house no more that me and Bebo like D;
I'd rather do the MM at the next tournament lol
<____________________________<;; Dude I haven't even seen my apartment yet. My grandmother bought an apartment just for her and myself...I'll see it during christmas break. But if you want to be that lame we can do it at the next tournament :L

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett, get *****.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS
Who Cares?.......Where is that anyway?
Okay, I found out where UNT is. Apparently, it's in Denton, which is a college town like Lawrence, Ann Arbor, or Tuscaloosa, except that Denton sucks in every way possible. If I live on campus, it's because I went to high school in Arlington or Plano or Lewisville (or any Dallas suburb) but didn't get into UT or A&M. If I commute, that means I attend school with half of my graduating class, who also commute from Lewisville. I tell everyone that the music program is the best in the nation, just to give the school a little credibility. We have two nicknames, the "Eagles" and the "Mean Green." We got into a bowl game by going 6-5 even without the stellar quarterbacking skills of Marcus state champion Spencer Stack. Fry Street is the coolest place ever, but if I ever visited Guadalupe or 6th in Austin, I realize how much Fry really sucks.
I'm an Eagle. Or I'm mean and green. Whatever.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Random note, my roommate's friend is practicing Brawl LOL. He is using Ike on Hyrule temple, practice mode, on PT. I remember when I considered that "competitive". Good times...good times.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brett, get *****.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS
Who Cares?.......Where is that anyway?
Okay, I found out where UNT is. Apparently, it's in Denton, which is a college town like Lawrence, Ann Arbor, or Tuscaloosa, except that Denton sucks in every way possible. If I live on campus, it's because I went to high school in Arlington or Plano or Lewisville (or any Dallas suburb) but didn't get into UT or A&M. If I commute, that means I attend school with half of my graduating class, who also commute from Lewisville. I tell everyone that the music program is the best in the nation, just to give the school a little credibility. We have two nicknames, the "Eagles" and the "Mean Green." We got into a bowl game by going 6-5 even without the stellar quarterbacking skills of Marcus state champion Spencer Stack. Fry Street is the coolest place ever, but if I ever visited Guadalupe or 6th in Austin, I realize how much Fry really sucks.
I'm an Eagle. Or I'm mean and green. Whatever.
Well, I never applied anywhere but UNT-- it's all I wanted. Nah, it's not the fanciest place, and Denton really doesn't have much to do, but I don't go out too much anyway. Half price movie night on Thursday is enough to keep me entertained-- and I don't even do that a hell of a lot. Other than that, I normally stay in with friends. Denton really makes you appreciate the simple things... it's kind of all you get here. But I'm not complaining. I'm happy with it.
And we DO have one of the best music programs. Just sayin'. That's why I applied here. I am among the most legit students in the university.
Funny-- almost all of my real friends here are musicians or artists.

Wait WTF why are you bashing my college?

In other news, I miss playing legit team games. There are only 3 competitive smashers in the dorms here. The other ones live off campus.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
In other news, I miss playing legit team games. There are only 3 competitive smashers in the dorms here. The other ones live off campus.
There are only 0 competitive smashers living in my neighborhood. The other ones live off in another part of the city where they insist on playing WiFi with each other instead of hosting smashfests.

You lucky *******.

:034:

benaji261!

Smash Ace
There are only 0 competitive smashers living in my neighborhood. The other ones live off in another part of the city where they insist on playing WiFi with each other instead of hosting smashfests.

You lucky *******.

All smash activity nearest to me consists in other cities PERIOD. Cities 5-8 hours away.

I rest my sad case.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Wait WTF why are you bashing my college?

It was this thing I found on Texas College Stereotypes. The one for UT really made no sense except for one part. There were some other funny stereotypes for the other colleges. I just posted the UNT one for your sake.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman

All smash activity nearest to me consists in other cities PERIOD. Cities 5-8 hours away.

I rest my sad case.
So what, you still have online. I'm deprived of good players unless I somehow get the cash to travel again. And my campus internet blocks wii ports so online.

Driving me insane to be so far away from competitive players, I wish I haven't left the city.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ben, I swear, if you pull another Inui (Phoenix Wright GIF), I am going to not only bash you on every post you make, but I will make an intention of making a combo montage of me specifically ****** only you. Those gifs just take up pointless space.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ben, I swear, if you pull another Inui (Phoenix Wright GIF), I am going to not only bash you on every post you make, but I will make an intention of making a combo montage of me specifically ****** only you. Those gifs just take up pointless space.
lmfao sorry... I was just in the mood to act stupid like that.

I'd rather you **** me offline than online, that way I don't have a chance for legit johns.:dizzy:

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a Tournament next week.
Do you guys have any tips? I'm trying to use Ike only and I'm really, really nervous as **** lol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I come back here just to see others talking about colleges? -_- I have three meta knights to deal with in my local area, btw.

Go to Wichita State University if you want a really good engineering or mathematics degree. The math professors there will make sure you know your math.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Noo go to Cornell so I have people to play with T___T
Even though you most likely won't have much time to play if you go there.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I come back here just to see others talking about colleges? -_- I have three meta knights to deal with in my local area, btw.

Go to Wichita State University if you want a really good engineering or mathematics degree. The math professors there will make sure you know your math.
I'll probably go to UTD, maybe I'll apply for wichita as well, still haven't decided on all the places i am going to apply to yet. But definitely interested in engineering

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
What kind of engineering, may I ask? Are we talking Industrial, Electrical, Computer, or Aerospace Engineering? Or perhaps Engineering Management?

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys

You lucky *******.

There are about 7/8 smashers in Belgium, yeah ._.

PS : If I have any questions about the threads that are in the first page of this thread, should I ask my questions here or in the adequate thread ?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cornell Engineering's where it's at. + We get snoww.
Chemical, biological, Computer&Electrical, Civil, Engineering Management, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer science, etc. It's all here!

Ontopic: Ike's nair, I cant' stop findng uses for it.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Can you give me examples ? I may not know some of them ! Thanks San :)
(Because I think I don't use it properly but maybe should I show you some matches against friends?)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Chemical, biological, Computer&Electrical, Civil, Engineering Management, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer science, etc. It's all here!
Lol, might as well rename the thread 'Ashunera's Endorsement Agency' at this rate. The snow is was turned me down though... it's snowing here right now and I'm not looking forward to shoveling :urg:

I can't stop finding uses for Usmash. Actually I probably can, but I haven't yet.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't get many kills with upsmash. I do like upsmashing near the edge, so if they block it, I grab the ledge, but that's basically it. I get punished for using upsmash too much.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
What kind of engineering, may I ask? Are we talking Industrial, Electrical, Computer, or Aerospace Engineering? Or perhaps Engineering Management?
Computer by far! I want to have some sort of a career with computers in my future lol. So yeah if anyone knows good tech colleges for that feel free to respond. I'm not looking for top tier schools since I'm probably not smart enough to make those lol. Right now only good tech college in the state is UTD. lol

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Blade boys is new. Melo comes here once every now and then, i posted here on his account so it subscribed automatically. King of Sack Lurks. Limit, no idea.
I only post when I think it would be relevant as to not create anymore "Combo King one liners". Plus I lost mah wifi which means: No internet channel = no SWF. D:

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I might go there when I have the money... or even apply there. XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can you give me examples ? I may not know some of them ! Thanks San :)
(Because I think I don't use it properly but maybe should I show you some matches against friends?)

I like it because it's our most useful spacing tool. 95% of it you know, but I hope I can provide that extra 5%. Massive tl;dr. I'll just color useful parts

It's range is just about as long as marth's fair, so not many characters can out-range it. This means that not many characters at all can directly challenge Ike's nair. Unlike Marth's fair, Ike's nair goes just about all the way around him, making Ike pretty safe against people trying to juggle you if you're fully retreating away.

If you face away from your opponent and nair, if you time it right by landing while the hitbox is behind you while still retreating, he can't punish it. Just whipping out nair while your opponent is chasing you is effective on most of the cast.

Kimchi told me how you can full hop + nair onto ledges, which is pretty useful. Also, on irregular surfaces, fast-falling an nair the correct way could give you a slide, which is pretty funny. Useful on brinstar, for example.

I made a post a while back about juggling with nair. The hitbox hitbox starts above you, which is a useful place to start, so you can follow opponents through their entire dodge animation. Nair can be used as a frame trap in order to get past opponent's air dodges. It works wonders on characters like snake and wario, mixing up between nair and jab. Since many characters can't directly challenge nair, they try to get around it, but they can't really air dodge, either. Ike can also fast fall the nair in order to jab or grab or shield opponents who are still in the air.

The best thing about nair is that it pays off to get a hit with it. On heavies, jab after nair is effective, but doesn't work quite so well on light characters with quick aerials. Back air after nair is pretty cool when it happens, but be wary of danger if you miss, so know when to retreat your bair or not. When I'm feeling daring, I dash + charge an upsmash and wait for the air dodge. Against characters who don't have quick and fast aerials to get away, might as well do another nair.

The attack I do most after nair is just uptilt, since I'm not usually in danger if I miss. On stages like battlefield, it could lead to you getting loads of damage from them landing on platforms. I may follow up with an aerial pivot grab, or upsmash.

The good thing about getting characters caught in nair, is that if they lose or just don't have their second jump, It's an easy pivot grab-->backthrow+dash attack.

In combintion with Ike's other moves such as jab nair provides us with plenty of mixups as well as a decent close quarters defense.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I like it because it's our most useful spacing tool. 95% of it you know, but I hope I can provide that extra 5%. Massive tl;dr. I'll just color useful parts

It's range is just about as long as marth's fair, so not many characters can out-range it. This means that not many characters at all can directly challenge Ike's nair. Unlike Marth's fair, Ike's nair goes just about all the way around him, making Ike pretty safe against people trying to juggle you if you're fully retreating away.

If you face away from your opponent and nair, if you time it right by landing while the hitbox is behind you while still retreating, he can't punish it. Just whipping out nair while your opponent is chasing you is effective on most of the cast.

Kimchi told me how you can full hop + nair onto ledges, which is pretty useful. Also, on irregular surfaces, fast-falling an nair the correct way could give you a slide, which is pretty funny. Useful on brinstar, for example.

I made a post a while back about juggling with nair. The hitbox hitbox starts above you, which is a useful place to start, so you can follow opponents through their entire dodge animation. Nair can be used as a frame trap in order to get past opponent's air dodges. It works wonders on characters like snake and wario, mixing up between nair and jab. Since many characters can't directly challenge nair, they try to get around it, but they can't really air dodge, either. Ike can also fast fall the nair in order to jab or grab or shield opponents who are still in the air.

The best thing about nair is that it pays off to get a hit with it. On heavies, jab after nair is effective, but doesn't work quite so well on light characters with quick aerials. Back air after nair is pretty cool when it happens, but be wary of danger if you miss, so know when to retreat your bair or not. When I'm feeling daring, I dash + charge an upsmash and wait for the air dodge. Against characters who don't have quick and fast aerials to get away, might as well do another nair.

The attack I do most after nair is just uptilt, since I'm not usually in danger if I miss. On stages like battlefield, it could lead to you getting loads of damage from them landing on platforms. I may follow up with an aerial pivot grab, or upsmash.

The good thing about getting characters caught in nair, is that if they lose or just don't have their second jump, It's an easy pivot grab-->backthrow+dash attack.

In combintion with Ike's other moves such as jab nair provides us with plenty of mixups as well as a decent close quarters defense.
ooo colors... good read XD

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Okay, thanks San ! I didn't know all of what you said, it's useful, thanks ^^ I think I'll have to read it again and again because I haven't understood everything yet ._.

PS : I'll be glad if you correct my mistakes if there are some in my sentences o)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was just going to bold it, but I realized it's hard to differentiate between regular and bold white font. Sorry if it looks a little convoluted.. -_-

@bladeboys: Your sentences seem perfectly fine to me. =)

Played icylight's olimar over wifi today. Was pretty fun. Do many people main olimar? I can't think of many people. He's pretty adamant about the 40:60 thing, after talking to him.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I don't get many kills with upsmash. I do like upsmashing near the edge, so if they block it, I grab the ledge, but that's basically it. I get punished for using upsmash too much.
I was thinking about usmashing a shield when Ike is near the edge....I think being pushed off the edge when usmashing a shield cancels it, you can try jumping at your opponent before grabbing the edge and try to **** his shield again or pull off some other shenanigan, just a thought though.

Played icylight's olimar over wifi today. Was pretty fun. Do many people main olimar? I can't think of many people. He's pretty adamant about the 40:60 thing, after talking to him.
Dabuz and Blackwaltz are over here in NY, no Olimars in NJ I think.
Both of those players aren't active though =/

Also, I like the stuff you wrote down for Nair =)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
olimars aren't very common here

like i don't think there was even one at the tourney we went to red lmao

no need to worry about the MU that much san xD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't. Since a regular olimar probably won't know how to play against me, I'll most likely beat him.
I'm not worried about many MUs tbqh, I'm more worried about the players behind the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom