• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Come to an NYC tourney, there's 2 of them this month.
Me and Ryko(is staying in NY until December iirc) are here.
DO EEEEET.
Plz? ;_;

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I'm here too >_>
i wanna check out san in action as well lmao

but yea,there are at least 2 tournies here before the year ends

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't get many kills with upsmash. I do like upsmashing near the edge, so if they block it, I grab the ledge, but that's basically it. I get punished for using upsmash too much.
Retreating USmash is my favorite way to punish appreaches. Even if they shield, it usually has enough shieldstun and push-back to keep you safe from all but the faster characters if you tip them with it.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I don't get many kills with upsmash. I do like upsmashing near the edge, so if they block it, I grab the ledge, but that's basically it. I get punished for using upsmash too much.
One good thing about it is it's massive range can intimidate someone into a air dodge if used well. From there you should hold it and smack them in the infinitesimal window of opportunity between feet hitting the ground and pulling up the shield. Did I help at all by any chance San? (or did you know this already?)

Retreating USmash is my favorite way to punish *approaches. Even if they shield, it usually has enough shieldstun and push-back to keep you safe from all but the faster characters if you tip them with it.
Fixed. ^^ But if they chase into side-step, then what?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Come to an NYC tourney, there's 2 of them this month.
Me and Ryko(is staying in NY until December iirc) are here.
DO EEEEET.
Plz? ;_;
When are they? I remember glancing a tourney being hosted by Bum, but that's it.

I'm hopefully going to a tourney in Rochester this saturday, then I have final exams december 10-16. After that is fair game until ~january 6-8 where there's a tourney in syracuse.

@Metroid: I just have upsmash dyslexia. I can really only use it when people dodge into it, but that's about it. I need to be cured.

@Shinde: Yes, I knew, but there's this unwritten law somewhere about how to get people in such a position, that I just can't quite find yet, at least for more experienced players.

I kill from upsmash quite often, but I wouldn't call hardly any of them smart kills.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I tried. ^^ Btw, how do you get that little Ike-face symbol next to your online status symbol?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Under your smashboards profile, it should give you an option to choose which character you main in brawl. That's also where you can post your friend code and AIM screen name.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thanks. I shall check this out, can you add multiple characters?

Huzzah, it worked. ^^ Thanks, San.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
@ Red-X and Penta, if you want to see both myself and san in action, both of you might as well come to Viridian City 6 on February 27 IIRC. Ikefest and both of us are challenging Inui so :laugh:.
By the way, Nair's uses are very numerous as san stated. Nairing from the ledge is incredibly useful if you're not confident about getting onto the stage the normal way and you can follow up with a variety of moves, jab probably being the most common. Fastfalling Nair is also useful if you want a quick jab followup before your opponent can punish you as you're landing on the ground and retreating Nair's always great against most of the cast, particularly Fox.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bum's tourney is on the 12th of this month and idk when Wes is hosting a Gauntlet but should be around this month.
I'm up for Viridian, hopefully >_>

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'll see what I can get to. Going to NY is sort of a toss up since I generally have nowhere to crash so I just show up to a tournament early as **** and grab a 3-4 hour nap >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Viridian city 7 is probably enough time for me to build back up to what i used to be.. maybe i might look into coming to that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Between 2 and 6 I'm at a 24 hour starbucks forum whoring or uploading vids/watching shows. I go out to job interviews from like 8 to 3 or apply to places at the library at bryant park and catch an hour nap, hang out with friends and catch naps at their places for 2-3 hours, sleep on train rides to places, etc. I'm back at a friend's place near philly for this week though.

Snazziest hobo you'll ever see. Sadly my quality of life is better this way than it was in richmond and the cost is less than half. New York is amazing.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
He made you guys talk by making you guys flame him because of him bumping this thread for no needed reason.

lolthatsentence

benaji261!

Smash Ace
yay attention... even if its bad attention... yay... -__-;

What's the deal with this CK fella anyway? idk him ._.

EDIT: I just wanted to say something because idk what we're even supposed to be talking about right now since it went to Ryko in a box and Viridian City and Red-X and blah blah; offtopic stuff is offtopic <_<

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Combo King, used to be a troll that constantly came to the Ike boards before that contributed nothing but empty posts that served no purpose but to clutter our domain. But it was amusing to see everyone getting aggitated with him.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If any of us were to hang out in the AiB chatrooms for 30 minutes or more, you'll probably come back as a closet troll.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Yes i am trying to come back into the smash scene. Just need to find some people in NJ who live 20-30 minutes from me. I'm willing to travel that distance now =.=
Well depending on what part of NJ you live in, and if you're really gonna go the distance, then try traveling between states. NYC has people that can pose a challenge.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol Bored you wheren't even here for the real comboking stuff. He actually reserved a post on this thread and actually updated it with videos of rok when i didn't put them up.

It reminded me that CK actually is gone and i should have been thankful for that this thanksgiving dang oh well i'll do it next year.

It's kool that ussi is coming back too but now kirk is gone, :( he hasn't posted in a while now.

and yah bumping a sticky is ****en stupid don't do that.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
My its been awhile since I posted in here, Im sure one or two of you MIGHT (mighty big might for anyone not named Penta XP) of seen me before, DevilWillCry, or Zero as I prefer now, deciding to join my Ike brothers in discussion since Im 100% commited to him (took 5th in a decent sized monthly, about 27 ppl or so, but its Canada west coast, so Im sure nobody cares XD).

I remember CK, strange, strange guy.

Palpi

Smash Hero
The purpose of a stickied thread is so it doesn't need bumps. It will always be at the top of your forum, notifying its importance. I don't understand the purpose of you saying *cought* bump....it seriously confuses me, but undeniably it accomplishes nothing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The purpose of a stickied thread is so it doesn't need bumps. It will always be at the top of your forum, notifying its importance. I don't understand the purpose of you saying *cought* bump....it seriously confuses me, but undeniably it accomplishes nothing.
Palpi posting early in the morning like he just don't care. It's the first thing he does when he wakes up.

In other news, I think Brett is getting a capture card for Christmas...so it will definitely be of better quality than most of ours since I provided him with a good brand. Then again, I'm not sure if his ****ty laptop could handle it. Red-X, did you get yours or what?

I'm Awesome. Penta is the opposite of Awesome...a non-Ike main.

Metroid probably created an Iphone app just for himself that alerts him whenever someone posts in Ashu's. Hence his expertise in lurking.

Where is Kirk? It's unusual of him to go this long without posting. Anyone have any contact with him of late? AIM, Phone, Telepathically? Not to sound pessimistic, but I hope he's doing ok.

CK and Ben in his prime need to duel it out for dumbest poster on Ike boards.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wait, I'm fairly sure I-n-u-i has posted here at least once...so you mean second dumbest poster on the Ike boards.

(is avoiding name search)

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
No, just no. I never want to return to the dark ages where the Ike boards were overflowing with useless crud.

My its been awhile since I posted in here, Im sure one or two of you MIGHT (mighty big might for anyone not named Penta XP) of seen me before, DevilWillCry, or Zero as I prefer now, deciding to join my Ike brothers in discussion since Im 100% commited to him (took 5th in a decent sized monthly, about 27 ppl or so, but its Canada west coast, so Im sure nobody cares XD).

I remember CK, strange, strange guy.

I remember you. I think you had an FF char as your avi, just don't remember which character.

ook

Smash Lord
Where is Kirk? It's unusual of him to go this long without posting. Anyone have any contact with him of late? AIM, Phone, Telepathically? Not to sound pessimistic, but I hope he's doing ok.
He's probably working on Brawl- or something... he asked me a couple days ago about DK

back to lurking

maybe if I learn the inner secrets of the Ikes, I can figure out how to beat them then.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
maybe if I learn the inner secrets of the Ikes
In order to do that, you need to place top 8 in a tournament with Ike.

Unless you're like me, who sucks in tournaments but seems to be able to keep a lot of random data in my head, to the point I can analyze things well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom