• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
In other news, I think Brett is getting a capture card for Christmas...so it will definitely be of better quality than most of ours since I provided him with a good brand. Then again, I'm not sure if his ****ty laptop could handle it. Red-X, did you get yours or what?
I'm going to ask for one, lol. It's all I could think of apart from piano tech equipment (tuning heads, felt strips, etc). So I'm definitely putting it on my Christmas list. And no, my ****ty laptop probably can't handle it, but I'll try anyway.
Where is Kirk? It's unusual of him to go this long without posting. Anyone have any contact with him of late? AIM, Phone, Telepathically? Not to sound pessimistic, but I hope he's doing ok.
I talked to him on AIM recently. He's hard at work on Brawl- and dealing with other stuff. He's not dead. I do miss him posting, though. I'll probz talk to him again soon and let him know the Ikes are missing him.

Benjai, if you make one-line, meaningless posts, add something useful or something before you click "submit reply." If you don't, you will receive all manner of flaming from us. HINT: Don't reply to this post simply saying "Sorry." Because that will only be another much-hated one-line post.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm going to ask for one, lol. It's all I could think of apart from piano tech equipment (tuning heads, felt strips, etc). So I'm definitely putting it on my Christmas list. And no, my ****ty laptop probably can't handle it, but I'll try anyway.
Brett, I seriously advise against getting a capture card (especially one that will cost you 100+) if it's not gonna work that well on your computer. I figure you should look up the specs you need for said capture card before you make the purchase. I've seen capture cards run on computers that can't handle them and it's not pretty. It would pretty much be a big waste of money.

If you're gonna ask for a $100+ item for Christmas, go for a blue ray player or something.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't see the point of wasting much money on capture cards. $15 capture card quality is not much different than more expensive ones' for non-HD consoles like the wii.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't see the point of wasting much money on capture cards. $15 capture card quality is not much different than more expensive ones' for non-HD consoles like the wii.
He also has a 360...and I know he is a Halo fanboy, and I know he wants to make some kinda Halo montage.

Halo sucks.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I don't know if it's the same in USA but some of my friends have a box which give them internet(wi-fi), phone and TV channels. They have a special TV channel which can record what you are watching on TV and then put it on the computer. I don't even know if my friend need a capture card so maybe you've got this box ? If you want I can ask him for more details but the quality is quite good (I don't know if I can link videos right here so if I can't, please remove my post ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_8RweL4OA)

It's a box like this
I don't really know how it works but you get one if the box is from the same brand as your internet supplier.

Hope i'm not publishing advertisements, hope law won't sue me haha ._.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Halo is ****ing garbage. CoD is better, though I do not enjoy either.
How is "Stand in one place, in a corner, and shoot on reaction" better then something that actually requires moving around to win? Heck, that actually requires at least a bit of teamwork. In CoD4 one guy can carry a whole team if he gets enough choppers.

Seriously, I'm a complete and utter nub at CoD4, and yet I can go 25-4 with a Mini-Uzi. It's basically a skill less game. It even rewards you for losing by still giving you EXP. You can be 7th Prestige and still suck as bad as the first day you played.

Halo 3, after playing twice as long, I've only managed to get up to a 37, and it's much harder to do something like 25-4 without a vehicle then in CoD4. Nor can one person carry a 5 other players to a win.

CoD also managed to have even worse spawns then Halo 3. There has been several games where I went "Spawn-stabbed, spawn-stabbed, spawn-stabbed". As in, I haven't moved a single step yet, and I'm already dead. And then there is the lovely "Spawn in the Middle of an Airstrike" fun, or "Spawn in the middle of a field with a helicopter charging you" fun.

CoD fails. I play it mostly to laugh at it.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
yo dan, its hard to tell what ur avatar is sometimes :)
It's not supposed to be obvious, but it could be your monitor because I have no trouble seeing it.

You need to stop changing your avatar every 12 seconds.
That goes for your main, too.

@Niddo:
I think I would be able to enjoy Halo if the community wasn't complete rat garbage. I can't enter a game without someone screaming "******," or something along those lines, within three minutes. It's almost as bad as the Diablo 2 community, and that says a lot.
But even with a good community, the game is mediocre.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Niddo. I assure you, being in some random pub and doing well means nothing. That is like me playing on some random de_dust2 public server on Counter strike source and going 20-5 or better, because that happens all the time. I know very little about competitive CoD, but I assure it is much different than playing a bunch of 13 year olds on xbox live. Halo, I agree is a lot more mobile game. It also has less recoil, due to it takes place in the future. The Halo games have been very close to the same thing every time they have been released, and after the third time, it got a little boring. I realize that the call of duty franchise has also had this problem, but atleast they went from wwII in cod 1 2 3 to modern in 4,5.

Pretty much, just explaining my previous post....but it is obviously personal preference. It is my job to tell people the games they play suck....or...atleast it isn't my job to convince them :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've found more singers in CoD4 then I have in Halo 3. -_- Cussing is cussing, it's going to happen in any online game. Yes, it's worse in Halo 3. Thats why you have the option to play in Party Chat (unlike CoD:MW2. lol)

If Halo 3 is medicore, then I should sell CoD4 because it's worthless. >_>

EDIT:

The thing is Palpi: it happens fairly often. Against people who should be a lot better then me based on how much EXP they have. That's not a sign of a well made game. That's a sign of very little difference between a well experienced player, and a complete noob. You just have to know a few hiding spots in each map, and you're set.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I've found more singers in CoD4 then I have in Halo 3. -_- Cussing is cussing, it's going to happen in any online game. Yes, it's worse in Halo 3. Thats why you have the option to play in Party Chat (unlike CoD:MW2. lol)

If Halo 3 is medicore, then I should sell CoD4 because it's worthless. >_>
It's not the cursing I care about, it's the raging. Halo fans get pissed too easily, and take their game way too seriously. I can't kill a guy without him getting butthurt and calling me and whatever tactic I used gay, ********, etc. The only joy I get out of Halo these days is trolling it. I swear, go into any game, make any small insult, and watch them explode. It's great fun.

I'm not a huge fan of CoD either, but since I'm more attracted to realistic shooters (bar TF2, because it's the ****), I prefer CoD. For instance, Ghost Recon remains to be my favorite series.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I seriously seem to have the exact opposite problem of you.

I don't come across that often in Halo 3. I don't play MLG though, so that may be a part of it. Thats where all of the wannabes/ragers go. I play mainly Team Slayer and Social Big Team Battle now.

CoD4: When anyone bothers with the mic, it's to sing or go "Oh what? That's gay!" every time they die. Every. Single. Time. @_@ And of course it's the guy going -15 half way through the match. Ugh.

Palpi

Smash Hero
You shouldn't dislike a game because of its casual community. =/

People are like that in counter-strike, but they are no body in the competitive scene.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You shouldn't dislike a game because of its casual community. =/

People are like that in counter-strike, but they are no body in the competitive scene.
Well, it's mostly the non-casual community that sucks in Halo.

Either way, if I'm not going to play the game competitively, why should I care about the competitive community? Of course I'm going to judge it on it's casual community, because that's the one I'm involved in. I have no interest in playing Halo competitively.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In the end it's all opinions, but if I had to give out mine, after playing both I would say MW2 is way better. I've played all the Halo 1-3, and 3 COD games, and I feel like there is a sense of something refreshing when playing COD in comparison to Halo which feels like the same old same old.

And I dunno wtf you are talking about Niddo, I've seen friends play COD online, and they are constantly moving around while posting great kill to death ratios. And to be quite frank, isn't the best simulator for a war game supposed to be one with not that much movement to begin with? Since when did soldiers go running around in open fields, hoping someone would shoot them? It's understandable for Halo, since it is not meant to be a simulator of real life war. However, in games like COD and MGO, I enjoy camping and waiting for my opponent to walk by me so I can take them out (competitively, friendlies I could care less about hiding and camping). If there should be two key elements to realistic war games, it should emphasize camping and waiting for someone to make a move. It makes the game even more intense. Other then that, I guess the other key element would be working together to actually get a goal accomplished.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lol.

I'll answer it anyway. People give better practice and since I played CS:S competitively, that's what i wanted when I wasn't scrimming or playing a match. Muahahahahhaha.

I was usually talking to people on Ventrilo anyway and people in pubs talk to ****ing loud.

Once I fix my comps sound...Oh...my...god...back into CS:S mode.

My team wants me to get CoDMWII (is that the right acronym? lol) because CS:S is dying, and they say if you are good at CS:S you'll be even better at CoD, but I don't know if I want to play CoD =/

-RedX-

Smash Lord
About the capture card.....I'm gonna have to order one online since I can't find **** around my area and I'm too lazy to go out further.

I like Halo.
Reason: Melee'ing put's the other guy in red health.
Halo 3 has cool melee weapons and sticky grenades.
Sticky grenades are ****ing awesome because it's so satisfying landing it on somebody when you do a ******** stunt(throwing one at an teleporter-elevator thingy and sticking somebody when it flys out from the teleporter lol).

lmfao at this post number.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Lol.

I'll answer it anyway. People give better practice and since I played CS:S competitively, that's what i wanted when I wasn't scrimming or playing a match. Muahahahahhaha.

I was usually talking to people on Ventrilo anyway and people in pubs talk to ****ing loud.

Once I fix my comps sound...Oh...my...god...back into CS:S mode.

My team wants me to get CoDMWII (is that the right acronym? lol) because CS:S is dying, and they say if you are good at CS:S you'll be even better at CoD, but I don't know if I want to play CoD =/
I am thinking of getting CS:S soon so maybe I can join your Vent and what not once I get it, I would love to be taught how to play it well lol. Dnod always disses me when i am on his vent =[.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Bored, I don't camp in CoD4. I run around like an idiot with an SMG. (UVA Jammer + Silenced Mini-Uzi = WIN. Got my Blue Tiger skin in two days from that.). Problem is almost everyone else is sitting around, unless it's a level that is completely and utterly terrible for sniping. Even then, at least one or two people will attempt to snipe. As well, if everyone just camps: basically nobody gets kills. It's just everyone sitting around, staring straight ahead in a nervous twitch, and the game would end in a score of like, 50-30. Thankfully, I haven't seen camping THAT bad...yet.

Another thing: It's not realistic enough to be called a "Realistic War Simulation". America's Army? That works. You can actually bleed to death in that game. The only way to get health back is through a medic. CoD? Hide behind a wall for 5 seconds. Ya, no. Not a realistic war simulation. It's your typical FPS set in modern time, but with fun perks and cool skins for your guns. Particularly MW2, where the camping is apparently even worse. It's "Find a spot, camp. Get care package, use kill spree from that, get emergency package, use kill spree form that, nuke, GG." a lot of the time from what I understand. Or use the Javelin glitch and blow up in a huge explosion when you die.

It's more realistic then some set in modern times, but not by much.

And Doom is such a bad game. I got a headache playing the demo with my friends. Bobbing back and forth constantly as you run around with the same 6 notes playing over and over...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love CoD for Nazi Zombies (Round 33 is my record with one partner) In multiplayer i wish the ones LOSING would get the radar/air strike/dogs not the ones WINNING. Would let people catch up -.-

then there are the modded control noobs =.=

@Papli

Don't copy me D:<

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Meh whatever, I still find COD more fun, but MGO would be amazing if they actually made that into a game of their own. Besides, Melo was right on the whole community of Halo, for the few matches I saw my friend online, I swear there were some 5 year olds on the other end being total D-bags. I guess COD has the same stuff, but I have been lucky to not have seen it yet.

And Niddo, I dunno why you hate the whole concept of "having an itch to pull the trigger", cause quite frankly, that's how a lot of games work. The first person to press said button wins. You could make an argument for that in Brawl, especially in ditto matches. One person can be the smarter player, but if he's too slow at executing, then the other guy wins. Isn't that the main reason why you suck?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I mean in CoD, they are so tense up to the point they betray you if you walk by their hiding spot.

Obvious in every game you're focusing on pulling the trigger/hitting the button first. But in CoD, I've been shot by a teammate because I just walked by their hiding spot so many times...ugh. Some games I've been betrayed like, 8 times easy. Halo I get killed by a teammate (outside of Grifball) maybe once every five games or so.

Like I said: I still play the game, but mainly to laugh at it. I find it fun because it's bad. :D Kinda like why people will watch dumb movies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Like I said: I still play the game, but mainly to laugh at it. I find it fun because it's bad. :D Kinda like why people will watch dumb movies.
Is this why you play Brawl? Cause let's be fair, in comparison to other fighting games (even Melee), Brawl is of lesser value.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nope.

I don't like the style of "real" fighters. I haven't really tried in a while though, and I think SCIV would interest me (even though Star Wars characters are banned from tournaments IIRC. ;_;). And of course, I'm going to pick up TvC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom