• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I liked quiKsilverItaly's vid... too bad it was done by the guy who stole those clips... and it does matter, Palpi. It's the principle of the thing. People can't just let others steal other's work. Where's the justice in that?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Arturo:

1) I'm already accepted to med-school so my GPA doesn't really matter, meaning I don't need to put as much effort into my studies, just have to not fail.

2) I took like 3 writing component courses and a lab this semester, which means all my finals are either papers or get done before finals week except one.

3) My only final is on the 10th of December and it's 4 chapters, not cumulative.

Conditions are pretty good for me to go to 21, lol.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ahh your mexican and hes asain i should have known there was a logical explanation for everything.

Doesn't really matter anymore though things aren't looking to good on me flying over there now though :(

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Just a minute ago you were talking about johns and now you have one? lol!
Did you know that in an average day, the average human being johns 350 times on average? I'd like to be able to john that much, but my dog ate the part of my brain that allows it.

/lol

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Did you know that in an average day, the average human being johns 350 times on average? I'd like to be able to john that much, but my dog ate the part of my brain that allows it.

/lol

John right there. I thought you were an athlete? No excuses.

I wonder if it's a john if you state your reason and then say "no excuses" right after it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Rofl @ Arturo.

Get hyped for WHOBO instead.
Everybody should come to that.
EVERYBODY.
No johns.

Nysyarc-- my bad for not letting you into the WiFi party earlier. I had a tourney set (I won). And then I had to go get some work done.
Which... I also need to do now.
Kind of took a break.. which lasted a good few hours with some friends..

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kirk, as the smash researcher you are. I want you to research the exact use of a "John" and what is and what isn't a John. I also want to know if the term "No excuse" after a john cancels out the john.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Just a minute ago you were talking about johns and now you have one? lol!
Your kind of new so i'm guessing you don't know what a john is :laugh:

I should said things look bad no specific reason or excuse also bored your a hot topic in the houston thread right now you should go check it out

edit: heres a video on johns bored and ben http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Sx4g2GFRg

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Your kind of new so i'm guessing you don't know what a john is :laugh:

I should said things look bad no specific reason or excuse also bored your a hot topic in the houston thread right now you should go check it out

edit: heres a video on johns bored and ben http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Sx4g2GFRg
WHERE DID THE ORIGINAL JOHN COME FROM THOUGH? This vid is cool though I got to see nealdt irl. :O

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Hey all,

I've been reading the Ike's match-ups recently, and I've realized nobody mentions ike's U-tilt in most of the match-ups where it could be effective (like using it after dodging MK's drill rush or timing it against toon link's down-a, etc. Personally i think it is a universal punisher).
Ike's U-tilt is a relatively fast & lethal move with manageable lag so there should be no reason why its not used for punishing after a spot-dodge or perfect shield. Is there something to it in a bigger picture that i'm missing. Also, nobody mentions QD as an act of spacing when it can move ike almost instantly from a dangerous spot if used in the other direction. Please clarify these for me. Thanks

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike's up tilt can defeat many aerial approaches, and it does have relatively little lag compared to his other attacks, but sadly relatively little is not enough. You have to be sure the opponent is going to be in a position to be hit by uptilt. Otherwise, it would be pretty predictable and easy to punish if air dodged.

QD away is kind of like roll away. It gets you out, but that's really it. If I'm on the ground, I think simply dashing away suffices. If there's a ledge, aerial QD away is good because you can time it to have little lag when you land so you can still move.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored, i really wanna team with you one day. YOU CANT SAY NO TO A GREEN LESBIAN
That would mean automatic first place.

Wouldn't mind doing it, but I'd have to get Px's permission first LOL. We don't consider that LT events with Sonic to count >_> as our first crack at it.

And I don't think I'll be coming to a HOBO until February.

Dang, I missed the conversation. And it really wasn't about me, more like the whole concept of Texans being good in LT.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yea i only let sonic out of the bag because hobo 20 was kinda a mini hobo. Trust me, no more sonics ever again.

oh btw, if it matters to any of you ike guys. Ultimate Razer is picking up ike for low tier. So is dojo. I think tx has the most ikes of any state

theeboredone

Smash Legend
yea i only let sonic out of the bag because hobo 20 was kinda a mini hobo. Trust me, no more sonics ever again.

oh btw, if it matters to any of you ike guys. Ultimate Razer is picking up ike for low tier. So is dojo. I think tx has the most ikes of any state
****. Screw this. I'm dropping Ike in LT and gonna go pick up...

To be continued.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
It's three clips though. Doesn't that count as a string? And what about the other montage clips? Isn't that enough to say "DQ'd, you fail."

Honestly, Ryko should PM the mod himself and demand that the montage be taken down.
Hello, and I'm sure you've already been notified of this, but L!te stealing of clips is absolutely unacceptable. Three clips, taking my (and other people's) editing, synching, and time to try to scrape a money prize should flat out be grounds for disqualification. Ignoring the fact that the competition said that it had to be a new video (which makes the whole thing disqualifiable on the sheer fact that it isn't new footage), it would have taken a grand total of 2 minutes to list the editors he flat out ripped clips from, and copy/pasting the url to the original videos since he had to type it in or click them at LEAST once to view or download them in the first place.

Using his method I could have very well just taken any of my old videos, added a new clip at the end and submitted it for the competition despite the blatant fact that it wouldn't be new.
Unacceptable.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

Let's see:

A_B
Slaps
Bored
Razer
Dojo
Brett
The Worse Ike in Texas (me)
The Most Annoying/Laughable Ike in Texas (RoK, if he still plays. I think he was in Texas)

Did I miss anyone?

Too bad Razer and Dojo aren't manly enough to pull out Ike during a real tournament. lol

EDIT: And what's this rumor I heard about Hylian picking up Ike as well? O_o

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Bored, i really wanna team with you one day. YOU CANT SAY NO TO A GREEN LESBIAN
Your supposed to team with me though!! I got pushed off to esca after i told xyro i was thinking of flying to hobo though so that was one of my johns for things looking bad :(

I'll just have to win LT singles and doubles next time so that people can line up behind me and i brush them aside to a non lowtier main.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I think NY has the second most Ike mains/users.
Even though it's super old news, I can't believe Silven quit Brawl for a hack...lol

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Let's see:

A_B
Slaps
Bored
Razer
Dojo
Brett
The Worse Ike in Texas (me)
The Most Annoying/Laughable Ike in Texas (RoK, if he still plays. I think he was in Texas)

Did I miss anyone?

Too bad Razer and Dojo aren't manly enough to pull out Ike during a real tournament. lol

EDIT: And what's this rumor I heard about Hylian picking up Ike as well? O_o
What about Twilight Cloud? He is kind of a TX Ike player...
I think NY has the second most Ike mains/users.
Even though it's super old news, I can't believe Silven quit Brawl for a hack...lol
Brims=equivilant to RoK.... that is if you know Brims RedX? Or anyone else in NY

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Floridas filled with MKs, Snakes, and DDDs. Some Robs here and there I guess. I can only think of me, Ryo, and GMoney(Sandtru on SWF) as the only Ikes here.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm the only true Ike main in my city and possibly in my province (not many smash scenes in other cities from what I've heard). There are several other people who play him in friendlies on occasion or even in some tournament matches... but they all main someone else.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Floridas filled with MKs, Snakes, and DDDs. Some Robs here and there I guess. I can only think of me, Ryo, and GMoney(Sandtru on SWF) as the only Ikes here.
Lmao. Speaking of Ryo, does anyone remember that topic he made a while back? The topic about "Hey guys! We need to be more epic! So let's all get together and start playing better! I'll lead!". Yea, I don't know where he went after that.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Brims=equivilant to RoK.... that is if you know Brims RedX? Or anyone else in NY
Yea, I know Brims. He wanted to MM me at the last tournament I saw him at but never got to it lol I'm pretty sure I outplaced him in that tourney.

The only Ikes that I know of in NY is San and Cross(I think he's known as FallenTwilight here).
Then there's the Ikes in the NYC area which is me, Penta, and Brims.
Not to sound cocky/like a douchebag but I think I'm the best Ike in NYC since Silven quit and Ryko doesn't live here no more =/

San for best Ike in the whole NY state imo

Lmao. Speaking of Ryo, does anyone remember that topic he made a while back? The topic about "Hey guys! We need to be more epic! So let's all get together and start playing better! I'll lead!". Yea, I don't know where he went after that.
I kinda lurked some other topic awhile back before I even joined this site and I saw a thread he made(with bad grammar too) and just laughed at the replies people gave him, cruel but funny.

Ryo and I used to wifi waaaaaay back then but we eventually stopped playing it for several reasons.
His new combo vid trailer if anybody's interested.

Also, I'm gonna bust out the red text as soon as I figure out how to even find it >.>

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My Ike is getting pretty ****ing sick :). People can't avoid my Fsmashes. Bored knows haha.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I have some specific matchup questions. How do you deal with G&W's Bair? I have no problems shielding it as I tilt my shield up to block all of the hits, but when I try to move in to punish, G&W always uses his up B and punishing his Bair is like almost impossible unless I see it coming first. With that said, what's the most useful approach against G&W? That Up B becomes a pain in the ***.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
We need to play sometime RedX.
GW bair?

I heard from praxis that there are holes in GW's bair where you can just shield+jab it, but not too sure about that.

GW aerials, I really just full hop fair, and play patient. Ike has the range advantage, and you don't really need to be compelled to chase GW around, either. I'd try to zone GW out in the air and take it to the ground most of the time.

Yes GW's upB is annoying. But annoying is all it is.

I sux with giving advice -_-

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
From my limited experience against good G&Ws, it's very hard to approach him safely... I stick to trying to bait them into approaching with Nairs and single jabs. You have to play really patiently and wait for him to make a mistake... which usually means I lose cause I get too frustrated. If you can figure out how he spaces with Bair, you can try to bait one and punish with a retreating Fair... other than that I don't have enough experience myself to say much else confidently.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Do you mean make your font red for the forums or something else entirely?

I wanna make my font red kinda like how you have the blue font o-o

I have some specific matchup questions. How do you deal with G&W's Bair? I have no problems shielding it as I tilt my shield up to block all of the hits, but when I try to move in to punish, G&W always uses his up B and punishing his Bair is like almost impossible unless I see it coming first. With that said, what's the most useful approach against G&W? That Up B becomes a pain in the ***.
When shielding it, you can spotdodge the last few hitframes of bair before he lands on the ground, then punish(not entirely sure about this but it should work).
Or just rage and start spamming counter if nothing else works :chuckle:

We need to play sometime RedX.
NYC, go theeeeeeeeeere.
How close is Rochester to NYC?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's 6 hour drive from Rochester.
I'm in Ithaca, and that's like a 4 hour drive

There's a tourney in syracuse and another in rochester coming up in the winter.
There's also a tourney in Oneida this weekend

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I wanna make my font red kinda like how you have the blue font o-o
There's a tool for changing font color as long as you don't do a quick reply, you have to use the Add Reply button. There should be a capital letter "A" with a black line under it next to a drop-down box that says "Sizes". Highlight all of your text and click the arrow next to that capital letter "A". A palette of colors will come up; select your shade of red and voila.

I hope I worded that well enough...

Also San, I still want to play you on WiFi sometime, since we never got to have our matches for the Ike boards try-outs thing. I want to witness your power first-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom