• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I played xyro with ike, first one he ***** me pretty hard, 2nd one, he was at 10% last stock, 3rd one we had to stop to start low-tier singles brackets :(

I might just main ike, and work on my Match-ups. I hate using MK, I hate fighting MK, I hate fighting snake. I have fun with Ike regardless.

First samus main I have ever played offline was Xyro. It was a good learning experience I guess tho.

:chuckle:

IcyLight

Smash Lord
CP frigate against olimar. I enjoy frigate as ike, and frigate ***** olimar :)

I know kimchi had close matchups with icylight at viridian 5. He is a top EC olimar.
kimchi is pro :p also, i can agree with this, i ban frigate before any other stage nearly every time

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
San, we have to face each other in the low tier tournament. So, we should play whenever you're ready.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lol. Remember that TL that you faced at Final Smash those many months back?

Boose. He's gotten tons better since then, as have I. And we've played each other a few times in the past month or so, so we knew more or less what to expect. And we both just played VERY carefully and gave next to no room for punishment through the whole set.
Game 1 was on PS1, so the added time of inactivity due to stage formations made the clock run out. I was on last stock, 110% and he was on last stock, 140% when we suddenly heard "FIVE... FOUR....." I said, "Man, I feel so sorry for doing this to you," and I jumped off the edge and countered at 2 seconds left.
Match 2 also went to last stock, high percent, as did match 3. The set probably took a good 20 minutes. He took it like a champ, though. He was a really good sport about the clock running out. I ended up winning the set.
That said, I love spiking Links and Toon Links out of their recovery when the boomerangs don't completely protect them.

Dojo ***** me 2nd round in bracket. He's the only person who completely shut me down when I played him this weekend. So I won once in winners, lost, one once in losers, and then lost a set I really could have won, even though each match was a hard counter.

Basically, the dude I played can play a wide variety of the cast members. First round was MK. I won a close match on Delfino (we had 9 starter stages). Second round, he countered FD and D3 against me. I had him at last stock, decently high %, offstage. And then.. I don't know what happened.. I just LET him back on to the stage. It could have been game over, but I let him recover and he beat me for it. I chose FD again, thinking he'd pick Snake (or maybe D3-- I had kind of figured his D3 out and was pretty sure I would win). He chose Marth, though. And I'm used to aggro Marth, so I lost last stock against his wait-it-out Marth.
Oh and by the way, Palpi, he said he had played you in person before.

So 17th out of 40 with most of the TX power ranked players (lost to two of them) there.
Lol, I played several friendlies with the better players after the tourney and the Dallas crew was all like, "WTF BRETT, are you trying to get on to the power rankings now?" I guess I was playing pretty well.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You do destroy a lot of Ikes, Xyro. That's what makes me so happy to have the replay from the last game of our friendly set at Phase 2.
Come get super combo spiked again soon (I'm afraid I cannot attend the next HOBO due to school + holiday shopping johns).
(But no, really, it's fun to play against you.)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I gave Brett the business with donkey kong, i forget the combo because I blanked out because of its sheer awesomeness it was (insert 4 random moves here - > dair)

Kirk was giving us the business with donkey kong all night though.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Nothing is wrong with competitive wifi players.

As long as they improve from it so they can get their ***** out to tournies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would like to play xyro, because there are absolutely 0 samus mains who live near me.

Wifi: People just have to play right. There are many playstyles people obtain through wifi that just won't work in an offline match.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The only Samus I know of on the EC is Rhyme x_x

I agree on the wifi part but some players like Ally/Anti/ADHD started with wifi from what I heard....
lolA's

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'll take you on. Destroy me if you can. :p
I would like to play xyro, because there are absolutely 0 samus mains who live near me.

Wifi: People just have to play right. There are many playstyles people obtain through wifi that just won't work in an offline match.
world hobo is on april(2nd-4th) in Houston,tx. it will be MASSIVE, i would love for you guys to go to it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzwPp-B-Hc

Apparently, me, Metroid, and San are featured in this combo vid O_o
It's just one clip for each of us lol
Hmm... it's cool that they used some clips of you guys from the Ike Compilation but... you'd think for a combo video competition they wouldn't let people use clips from existing combo videos without even asking the players in question.

Unless that's what this competition involves? I'd heard about it but didn't look into it much. Seems weird that it's a competition to see who can steal the best clips from already successful combo videos >.>

:034:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm really considering to fly out to houston for hobo 21 it sounds like a lot of fun with the people going. Bad thing is I wouldn't be able to own bored with my back in shape ike :(

I don't get how you and brett can call so much finals johns in utep all my finals are the week before hobo lol. Plus you should be studying right now so that you already know everything and don't need to study that weekend.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Being random:
Does Ike have some sort of air release regrab/CG on Falco?
I kinda noticed something I did in this match.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Arturo:

Studying is not the same for music majors at UNT. Practicing ALWAYS has to happen in that time in addition to the studying for other classes I have. I am not allowing myself to go to that HOBO. Practicing is never "done." And especially with how much I have(n't) practiced this semester, I'll be needing that weekend free.

And Bored is in freaking premed. That's tough nuts. He has completely legit finals johns... hell, he just has school johns in general and he's finally using them as johns in finals week.

Otherwise, we'd totally be there with you.
Oh and I don't want to spend more money outside of Christmas shopping around that time.

That said, I need to go write this stupid research paper due Friday. And study for my make-up test on Friday since I missed it. And practice, since I seem to have been made a good example for my teacher's other students tonight when we met. And I can't screw that up when we meet on Friday... sucks, because I don't have another piece fully prepared.

This week is about to SUCK HARD.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm really considering to fly out to houston for hobo 21 it sounds like a lot of fun with the people going. Bad thing is I wouldn't be able to own bored with my back in shape ike :(

I don't get how you and brett can call so much finals johns in utep all my finals are the week before hobo lol. Plus you should be studying right now so that you already know everything and don't need to study that weekend.
Pre-Med Courses + Best Public College in TX > W/e you are taking x 100.

Red-X, those clips are from Ryko's Ike Thread video thing. Is Smashboards allowed to just take his clips like that o_O? I hope they asked him for his consent.

Then again, I'm sure there is some rule that states "By joining smashboards, we are entitled to any form of production and advertisement you post...except Bored's, he's just awesome."

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm in Cornell University Engineering /10

Plenty of prelim/finals johns to go around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom