• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
world hobo is on april(2nd-4th) in Houston,tx. it will be MASSIVE, i would love for you guys to go to it.
I bet I could make it to that tbqh. I'll see what I can do to get to that. :D

btw San the clips of you they have... GOOD **** man XD

Who's the black Marth guy though?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm in premed as well, but at UTSA.

And I failed my two chem courses. >_> Thats what I get for testing into a chem level too high for me.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Just to make sure that i don't bump into any inactive threads, are every types of questions answered here (including tier listing, and match-ups)? Sorry for being so flat but its my first time here

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Just to make sure that i don't bump into any inactive threads, are every types of questions answered here (including tier listing, and match-ups)? Sorry for being so flat but its my first time here
Welcome to Smashboards and in particular, the Ike boards!

Not sure what kind of tier list questions there would be... there's always the official tier list thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

But if you have any questions specific to Ike about it, then I guess you can ask them here. Otherwise, yah pretty much any questions you have you can ask in here and we'll find a way to answer as best we can. You can also lurk around some of the guide, video archive and frame data topics to learn more about Ike as a character.

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1G2VdOVq6o&fmt=22

^^^ I facepalmed big time upon seeing that this was the video currently winning the competition. Isn't the winning video going to be used to represent the smash community? As if other gaming communities don't already view Brawl as enough of a joke... >_>

I watched the first minute.

TERRIBLE video. I got a headache in 60 seconds. The special camera motions completely destroy the video, which isn't even that good in the first place. MK is one of the most boring characters to watch, after D3 just using Dthrow or the ICs just CGing. -_-

benaji261!

Smash Ace
What are Ryko and Bored gonna do about this stealin mutha ****a? He totally took clips from Ryko's montage. And he didn't ask you Ryko? wtf is this

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What are Ryko and Bored gonna do about this stealin mutha ****a? He totally took clips from Ryko's montage. And he didn't ask you Ryko? wtf is this
I think it would be more serious if the video had a chance of winning the competition, but it only has like 5 votes at this point. The whole competition is really dumb.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think it would be more serious if the video had a chance of winning the competition, but it only has like 5 votes at this point. The whole competition is really dumb.

This is true, but I'm still annoyed and pissed at people stealing other's work.

That and he doesn't have any balls, cause he deleted my youtube comment implying he should give credit to where he got the clips from.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This is true, but I'm still annoyed and pissed at people stealing other's work.

That and he doesn't have any balls, cause he deleted my youtube comment implying he should give credit to where he got the clips from.
You know, I was looking at the wrong video on the voting list, it's actually in second place right now O.o

It's only behind that moronic MK video by about 10 votes, so if it actually ends up winning and he gives no credit to any of the videos he stole clips from (I looked into it and apparently he stole the vast majority of the clips from other CVs)... this whole thing is just messed up.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I sent a PM to the mod who made the thread. Hopefully he will do something about it. If he doesn't, mad loss of respect to this website.

Palpi

Smash Hero
whether it should be winning or not is your opinion, whether it IS winning or not is fact, and it is.

I don't think it should win, but it really doesn't matter, so I am not going to care.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That video is ****ing hilarious, that is why it is winning, he is suppose to be bad haha
Yah but it's meant as a joke insulting the other CVs and other people's desperation to win the competition. There are some videos in there that had a lot of honest work put into them and they're being ignored because of crap like that.

I don't even think they should have let people vote for it... it takes all the seriousness out of what was supposed to be a serious competition and it's obviously going to win. Allowing people to vote for it is unfair to the people who actually put effort into their CVs and wanted a shot at winning this thing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Px was telling me how some of those set ups were staged. Nothing wrong with that though since it's all for entertainment.
Yah it's very obviously staged, especially the new one, Warevolution or whatever. It was nevertheless cool to watch the first time in that CV but to see it abused and shown in just about every one of those CVs in the competition... makes you wonder why anyone thought a competition like this would be a good idea in the first place.

And I agree, No Regrets should win this thing. Whether or not it will depends on whether the organizers of the competition realize many of the other videos including the first and second place ones are just stupid >_>

-RedX-

Smash Lord
So people who steal clips for CVs don't credit the original CV maker and delete any comments regarding ownership.

Cool, I brought up a topic :D

Also, that joke CV with MK is just unwatchable >_>

benaji261!

Smash Ace
It seems like this competition is based on who can make the best CV without using a lot of stolen work. Seems like a lot of fail around here...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Here is the reply from the mod I got.

"The clip you pointed out does appear to have been taken from another montage, so I think it's proper that L!te should be expected to give some credit where it's due. However, I don't think that in itself is grounds for disqualification, since the clip is just of that particular combo.

If on the other hand, the L!te had borrowed an entire string of clips, with the original transitions and editing included, that would be good grounds for disqualification.

It's a valid point, though. If we do similar contests in the future, we'll definitely have to be clear about specifics like this.

Thanks,
Amorasaki"

Personally, I would have DQ'ed anyone who stole clips from other montages, but hopefully they will address that in the next competition (whenever that is).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Here is the reply from the mod I got.

"The clip you pointed out does appear to have been taken from another montage, so I think it's proper that L!te should be expected to give some credit where it's due. However, I don't think that in itself is grounds for disqualification, since the clip is just of that particular combo.

If on the other hand, the L!te had borrowed an entire string of clips, with the original transitions and editing included, that would be good grounds for disqualification.

It's a valid point, though. If we do similar contests in the future, we'll definitely have to be clear about specifics like this.

Thanks,
Amorasaki"

Personally, I would have DQ'ed anyone who stole clips from other montages, but hopefully they will address that in the next competition (whenever that is).

It's three clips though. Doesn't that count as a string? And what about the other montage clips? Isn't that enough to say "DQ'd, you fail."

Honestly, Ryko should PM the mod himself and demand that the montage be taken down.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
When he says string of clips, I'm thinking he meant clips that were just taken and not ordered around differently from the original vid.
Even though that's still kinda ******** for a competition lol

benaji261!

Smash Ace
This makes me want a capture card. I'm good at editing videos, just making compilations I'm new to. I'd get help of course, but blah blah I wanna record professionally someday blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom