• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Well, uhh there's a tourney here in November, 2 days after Thanksgiving, then there's another 2 tournies in December.

Kim needs to come to NY more =/

EDIT: Thanks Nysyarc =O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have some specific matchup questions. How do you deal with G&W's Bair? I have no problems shielding it as I tilt my shield up to block all of the hits, but when I try to move in to punish, G&W always uses his up B and punishing his Bair is like almost impossible unless I see it coming first. With that said, what's the most useful approach against G&W? That Up B becomes a pain in the ***.
If they have a habit of Up+B after B-air, read it, follow them up up-air or aether for MAXIMUM DAMAGE!

Once they stop fooling around with Up+B, it's all about timing. A good spaced B-air can't be grabbed, but you can try inputting the jab command manually so the kick will reach. Counter is another way to stop having the G&W use b-air. Finally, the best thing to do is simply space with F-air or stay above the G&W and use N-air.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lmao, it didn't occur to you that you could just not hit 'Submit Reply'? Or did you accidentally post something else and edit it to say that ^^^

:034:
Well, the internet here in my residency is a bit wonky, and sometimes it will give you the whole "this page cannot be displayed" or w/e crap. So I go back and resubmit my post and then there are 2 posts. It's lame.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, the internet here in my residency is a bit wonky, and sometimes it will give you the whole "this page cannot be displayed" or w/e crap. So I go back and resubmit my post and then there are 2 posts. It's lame.
Ah, yah it doesn't make sense why most forums don't allow users to delete their own posts... I can't think of any legitimate reason why it would be a bad idea.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Yea I know what thread you're talking about Bored.

Ryo's trailer for his combo vid just seems focused around spiking. I wanna wifi with him to see if he does anything other than go for a spike. XD He seems like a good Ike though.

Ah, yah it doesn't make sense why most forums don't allow users to delete their own posts... I can't think of any legitimate reason why it would be a bad idea.

Why exactly do you have a Nidoking with the whole blue font thing? Seems like a chore to keep up something like that with every post, but I guess it became habit.... wish they had a Houndoom smilie. :(

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
On a related note to bored's computer problems, at least we're on an epic page number

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just bait bair and fsmash it >_>.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Why exactly do you have a Nidoking with the whole blue font thing? Seems like a chore to keep up something like that with every post, but I guess it became habit.... wish they had a Houndoom smilie. :(
Yah it was tough at first but now I type the 034 for Nidoking in at the bottom of my posts in other forums and people are like "wtf is that supposed to be?" It became habit pretty fast. I love Nidoking, but Houndoom is also pretty bad-***. I'd use Sandslash but the image they have of him here is lame.

Just bait bair and fsmash it >_>.
Quoted for awesome.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You shouldn't possibly have enough time. Maybe a jab, maybe an nair if you were slightly hit in the air.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Nah bro I hardly go for spikes only when I know it's available.
HOLY **** ITS RYO. We were just talking about you man!...:lick:

Also what's a good way to beat a TL with Ike?... pro TLs spam and camp like ****ing crazy and makes me wanna pull my hair out. And on wifi? That's just asking for rage.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Also what's a good way to beat a TL with Ike?... pro TLs spam and camp like ****ing crazy and makes me wanna pull my hair out. And on wifi? That's just asking for rage.
Perfect Shield...oh wait wifi? Uh....

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Brims=equivilant to RoK.... that is if you know Brims RedX? Or anyone else in NY
equal equivalent lol??

Also my ike is getting super back in shape bored so you'd better be ready. Brett never even saw my ike in shape its going to be epic and i'll win the next LT hobo i go to for sure, you better be there so theres no johns afterwards!!

I hope he doesn't get fat again over the holiday breaks though :laugh:

Also Ike is to popular in texas, we're gana get him banned from LT maybe i shouldn't get good again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
equal equivalent lol??

Also my ike is getting super back in shape bored so you'd better be ready. Brett never even saw my ike in shape its going to be epic and i'll win the next LT hobo i go to for sure, you better be there so theres no johns afterwards!!

I hope he doesn't get fat again over the holiday breaks though :laugh:

Also Ike is to popular in texas, we're gana get him banned from LT maybe i shouldn't get good again.
Lol, well it should be fun playing your Ike at its peak. Like I said though, I don't plan to show up to another HOBO until February, and even then I might not show up given when Final Smash is (I won't be able to go to it, if it's during Spring Break).

Yea, too many LT Ike mains in TX makes it kinda boring. It's kinda like going to an MK infested tourny. I might just drop Ike for LT to prove a point.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace

Well If you want I can pull out vids me Versus that TL and I will show you how it's done. It's annoying yet fun.

I mean with all the projectiles yes it does take power shielding. On Wifi though. Uh...I go with the boredone on that one it's far more difficult trying to hold your own on wifi against a good TL.

And yes you guys I have been gone for a while due to the fact that I've been making music and recording and doing concerts and such so thats why I haven't been on the boards unfortunately, But I will be posting more.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Toon Link isn't that hard on wifi

I've played good TLs on wifi who I know I'd have a harder time with playing offline.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
TLs are fun to accidently footstool and barely beat them to the edge with Aether for a lulz KO.

Brett knows what I'm talking about. lol

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yea, I know Brims. He wanted to MM me at the last tournament I saw him at but never got to it lol I'm pretty sure I outplaced him in that tourney.

The only Ikes that I know of in NY is San and Cross(I think he's known as FallenTwilight here).
Then there's the Ikes in the NYC area which is me, Penta, and Brims.
Not to sound cocky/like a douchebag but I think I'm the best Ike in NYC since Silven quit and Ryko doesn't live here no more =/

San for best Ike in the whole NY state imo
Yea Brims seriously is like the NY version of RoK, cocky, loud, and annoying. Tolerable, but annoying. I second the motion for San best Ike in NY.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Lol, well it should be fun playing your Ike at its peak. Like I said though, I don't plan to show up to another HOBO until February, and even then I might not show up given when Final Smash is (I won't be able to go to it, if it's during Spring Break).

Yea, too many LT Ike mains in TX makes it kinda boring. It's kinda like going to an MK infested tourny. I might just drop Ike for LT to prove a point.
yah maybe we'll go to FS instead of the next hobo we are planning bad thing is they don't have LT events though. Niddo you need to get on that and take a set up to that tournament so that they have time for all the events.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
yah maybe we'll go to FS instead of the next hobo we are planning bad thing is they don't have LT events though. Niddo you need to get on that and take a set up to that tournament so that they have time for all the events.
We're kicked out of Gamelot though. ;_; Too many messes too many times over the years. (I blame the out of towners, SF4 and Melee people even though Cliff just puts them all together in his mind).

We found another place, but we haven't had a tournament there yet, MC is actually working there now as the place's official TO.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We're kicked out of Gamelot though. ;_; Too many messes too many times over the years. (I blame the out of towners, SF4 and Melee people even though Cliff just puts them all together in his mind).

We found another place, but we haven't had a tournament there yet, MC is actually working there now as the place's official TO.
Well LT is a good attraction to the low tier players. It gives them more motivation to show up (not that I need any).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Snake is for losers who aren't manly enough to use do well with Ike.

Enjoy your crutch! :D At least you aren't using two like MKs!

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
well wifi to me it's fun and all but I perfer way more offline I hardly ever play online for multiple reasons. But thats besides the point.

Any who switching to snake is boring really I have no fun with him. Ike on the other hand for me is doing me quite well. I went to a low tier tourney and won duh. In that same tourney I got 5th it was fun lost to a friend of mine which is fine but I went as marth twice in that match up dumb Idea seeing as I hate him.

But yea next is a tourney here in gainesville redhalberd is going to be here and it will be good for friendly then is winterfest which I can't wait for since alley and m2k are going and I'm gunna money match them.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
"laughs inside", you guys still talk about ike? Main snake, xD it's done me much good so far.
Kill yourself.
How come most Ike mains can pick up Snake so easily? I have a hard time using him and I don't plan on making him a secondary.

About TL on wifi, don't dodge, he won't kill.
At least that's how I see it lol and his spacing is sloppy on wifi so that won't bug you much.
Only thing is projectiles, you guys are saying you can't perfect shield on wifi but it's possible...with enough patience >.>

Red text is ****.

Sup Ryo =O

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I were to pick up someone else, it'd probably be MK =/ I'm ok with snake, but I don't have much "snake sense."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom