• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Non-flat levels with plenty of obstacles are better vs snake. Ban FD. A good snake would be very hard to approach, when all you have is a flat piece of land. Delfino, Rainbow Cruise (vs snake it's good), PS1, or any level you feel comfortable with (I don't recommend FD or smashville)

Snake is kind of weird, because he's pretty good on a lot of stages we are, too, so it's more player dependent on where you feel is best.
Wow well then I was screwed at Phase 2 lol... I played Sars_Pirate in losers bracket, ended up starting on FD after striking stages... 0.o I got 2-stocked and then I CPed Smashville and managed to take him to the last stock. Do you think Castle Siege would be an appropriate CP for snake? or no?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Why the hell would you not strike FD against Snake? And why would you CP Smashville?
Sigh.

(Paranormal Activity would probably be a freakier movie without a stupid audience. Just sayin'.)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Do you think Castle Siege would be an appropriate CP for snake? or no?
Maybe. I don't really CP anyone to castle siege, because there are so many other options, but after talking with Ren about this stage, it may be possible. You just have to play the stage a certain way.

1st part: Get up in snake's face, lay down the pressure. He has no where to run. His nades are still a problem, but are less effective here.

2nd part: Snake can't really camp you very well, so expect the snake dashes and other stuff. I would continue to chase snake, but it'll be hard to get any kills on here anyways, so better not risk smashes and stuff.

3rd part: Avoid snake. There's no use putting yourself at a disadvantage on this section. Space yourself, and don't go near him

Transitions: Same as 3rd part. Avoid him, wait until you can have an advantage again.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
On my way to NO KOAST!

See you guys there(whoever is going)!
Is anyone going? I feel sad that I don't get to meet kirk now :(

A lot of people are dumb when it comes to striking, when ever I let my partner do it in doubles i get screwed because they strike the stage they hate the most first and then a stage that the match up is bad in which leaves me with my worst stage or vice versa.

I bet if norfair was a starter everyone would strike it first when it should be left as your last strike to see if your opponent gets rid of it for you.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Why the hell would you not strike FD against Snake? And why would you CP Smashville?
Sigh.
Sorry man, I was more concerned about getting out the stages I don't like, I guess I just neglected it since when we got FD I was like "****!" I think I striked(struck) Yoshi's then he struck BF then i struck PS1 then he struck SV. Also I LOVE Smashville! lol thats like my favorite starter lol.

Thanks for the input on Castle Siege San! =]
@San: Wifi with you and your friends is friggin hilarious!! Best part was you hitting your partner into me when i was about to die and it saved my life. Then I just had to Taunt because of that and you Fsmash me with Jiggs.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I already went to No Koast and came back. It was alright. I beat Kirk 2-0 in a 10 dollar mm + out placed him in Singles.

This is coming from Future Bored. In his time, he went to No Koast. Oh and he also said that in his time, Slaps is the 3rd best Ike in the country. Get wrecked.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think that would have made more sense if it was in another universe where you did go to no koast because even if the future you did go to it then you would have to be there right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think that would have made more sense if it was in another universe where you did go to no koast because even if the future you did go to it then you would have to be there right now.
Man, didn't you want DBZ? Different time lines, different events, while some stay the same. Future me lives in a time where the only big difference is that Slaps wrecks people hard.

Oh and San is white. PLOT TWIST.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Anyone else loling at all of the clueless people supporting each other saying "Ike is the 5th worse character" in the "Why is Ike allowed in low tier tournaments?" topic? It's like they're having a group theory session.

What a bunch of scrubs.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Anyone else loling at all of the clueless people supporting each other saying "Ike is the 5th worse character" in the "Why is Ike allowed in low tier tournaments?" topic? It's like they're having a group theory session.

What a bunch of scrubs.
LOL
i saw that too
>.>;
annoys me to see that

Guilhe

Smash Ace

What a bunch of scrubs.
Yeah, and I’m not in the mood to argue with them. But seriously, how the Ganon matchup is 60:40? What will he do if I Fair, or Nair, or Jab? Probably nothing.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Guys, I have a question pertaining to Ike's F-Smash

What the heck is this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNXdV3S2pA#t=0m18s
Kirby's stone isn't invincible or SAF'd. If you have a strong enough move, it will break through.

Charged up Fsmash is one of those moves.

EDIT: In other news, I'm going to start exploring stages more with Ike. We figured out things about Norfair and JJ, why not other stages? Maybe we can get to the point we have no bad stages! :D

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I still have a lot more difficulty playing certain characters on FD than other stages. I think it's because I rely heavily on my aerial game and stage control, that other aspects such as my ground game suffer. How do you guys play on FD?

And that topic on brawl tactical discussion is just utterly hopeless. I knew something was wrong when the number of pages jumped by 2-3.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I try to exploit certain characters lack of range / viable approach options. Against a characters like jiggs, or ness, you can gain some stage control on FD that you wouldn't always have on a stage like BF because you have so much room for retreating Fairs and Nairs.

I think I tend to play a little more gay on FD than any other stage with a plethora of characters.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
EDIT: In other news, I'm going to start exploring stages more with Ike. We figured out things about Norfair and JJ, why not other stages? Maybe we can get to the point we have no bad stages! :D
I was thinking recently of starting a new stage matchup discussion, under the name of “War room 2nd branch”, maybe I’ll post it by the end of this weekend. As for FD San, I don’t play any worse in it, maybe because I play FD a lot.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
FD I think is my best neutral against people without projectiles who aren't Sonic, + Lucas/Ness. No projectiles is a no brainer, Sonic is simply too fast for spacing Fairs/Nair to be useful here. As for Lucas/Ness....if I manage to grab one of them, I want to have a lot of room to ground break them repeatedly.

Also, that control scheme I posted a while ago would be wonderful...if it wasn't so hard to short hop with the L button. There is not enough difference between a SH and a FH with the triggers to be usable. ;_; Full Hopped Fairs =/= good.

And did you know: Aether can reach the top middle platform on JJ from the water? You won't be able to recover, but it goes high enough to hit opponents up there. And if you aether right on the stage edge, you will grab the ledge with your back...meaning you actually have fair bit of range to Aetherspike with. Counterdiving there kinda works...but you lose ground overall by doing so. Same with jumping out and then QDing. Not enough distance to be worth it sadly.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Also, that control scheme I posted a while ago would be wonderful...if it wasn't so hard to short hop with the L button. There is not enough difference between a SH and a FH with the triggers to be usable. ;_; Full Hopped Fairs =/= good.
I use L as jump in only 2 situations
1. As a double jump: Makes it much easier to jump backwards +aerial right away, easier to time because less trouble hitting the cstick afterwards. Chasing someone offstage, then press back+L+Cstick the way you're facing for an fair is pretty useful, especially when predicting dodges.

2. Full hop Nair. Full hop nair with X or Y works, but it's harder to space IMO, so sometimes L is good too. I learned from kimchi how useful full hop nair is good on platforms.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So guys, don't get too hyped or anything, but my Brawl crew just released our first combo vid. It's nothing too ridiculous but obviously like any highlight reel it's worth watching IMO. I don't really like the second song choice personally but it was a group decision so... (the first song is meant to be funny because we live in Canada... where it's So Cold... so clever I know...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soPMouRQyvA

I'm the only player with Ike clips (there are some Ike players who get beat up on in other clips but I think only one of those is me... in the one against Diddy early on) and my Ganon is also showcased a few times. We could only get ten clips per person, and since I play as Ike and Ganon you can imagine my combos and thus my air time were limited... I got some pretty epic slow-mo edited parts in there though.

So yah, check it out, let me know what you think! I think it's not bad for a first attempt at a combo vid by a crew that was comprised of complete newbs not 5 months ago.

EDIT: Also, yah, the name of the vid sucks. Ignore it, lol. We're currently trying to come up with a better one.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wasn't very impressed with the video. Effects were fine, music is always opinionated (I hated it), and the clips were very lacking. I don't even watch other characters' montages and I only saw a few clips in which I was impressed by (like that DK fighting the Lucario), but then you guys come back with something lame (like Marth footstooling a pit player at the end).

As far as your clips go, that first walk off F-air thingy was pretty awesome lol. Wasn't all that impressed by the Ganondorf ones...maybe if you put them in Fast Forward I woulda been cause it seemed sooo slow.

I think overall, you guys needed better clips for the most part, cause there were too many dull moments in that video to me.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Personally, lyrics don't work so well with combo vids,unless it's a real fast paced song.
ganon boards combo vid did a fine job with that IMO

But yea,songs were okay

loving your ganon moments tho lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
That Ike thread in tactical discussion is by far the worst thing compilation of bias I have ever seen.

It is taking extreme self restraint not to call them all extreme idiots and end it at that.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I use L as jump in only 2 situations
1. As a double jump: Makes it much easier to jump backwards +aerial right away, easier to time because less trouble hitting the cstick afterwards. Chasing someone offstage, then press back+L+Cstick the way you're facing for an fair is pretty useful, especially when predicting dodges.

2. Full hop Nair. Full hop nair with X or Y works, but it's harder to space IMO, so sometimes L is good too. I learned from kimchi how useful full hop nair is good on platforms.
Also, L thrigger to jump + DI + SDI at the same time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good news on the No Koast tournament in Kansas. Kirk, Brett, and Mr. Doom all made it out of pools. Brett and Mr. Doom won their first match. Kirk still needs to play his. More details later. Oh, and a 100 ppl registered for singles I believe. Good stuff.

Here's a list of some good players that I know are there...

Lain, Anther, Bassem, UTDZac, Dojo, DMG, Ultimate Razer, Gnes, Dekar, and Judge. Woot, get hyped.

Edit: Kirk won his first set, beat random Snake d00d.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good **** guys. That was like... two and a half hours ago now? So has Kirk won the whole thing yet? (Lol). For srs though, moar updates. Mostly because I have nothing better to do than sit here and listen to music right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Latest update I got.

Brett lost to some MK player in winners bracket, 2nd round. Then lost to Legan (Link) in the losers bracket 3rd round. Doom lost around the same time, and apparently, Kirk is guaranteed placing 9th. Good stuff.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Awesome Kirk, keep it up. Brett losing to a Link? Step it up dood (you know I still love you... no homo). I thought Doom would do better, I hear his Ike is pretty sick.

I can't wait for tomorrow, my first offline smash event in weeks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Awesome Kirk, keep it up. Brett losing to a Link? Step it up dood (you know I still love you... no homo). I thought Doom would do better, I hear his Ike is pretty sick.

I can't wait for tomorrow, my first offline smash event in weeks.

Legan is the best Link in the country (I think). Kirk had to beat him in losers bracket to advance. Kirk lost to Lee Martin in winners.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Legan is the best Link in the country (I think). Kirk had to beat him in losers bracket to advance. Kirk lost to Lee Martin in winners.
Oh, well I guess that explains it. I hadn't heard of him, but I guess it'd be as hard to make a name for yourself as Link as it is for Ike eh?

Who does Lee Martin main? The name rings a bell...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh, well I guess that explains it. I hadn't heard of him, but I guess it'd be as hard to make a name for yourself as Link as it is for Ike eh?

Who does Lee Martin main? The name rings a bell...

Lucario. He's probably one of the best if not the best Lucario in the nation. He lives in Louisiana but spends like all of his time in Texas LOL.

Also he won Low Tier Doubles two months ago at HOBO with Ike.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Also he won Low Tier Doubles two months ago at HOBO with Ike.
Yaaah, now I remember. I knew he also used Ike as a secondary or something. I remember seeing a video of him and Doom having Ike dittos.

What round is the tourney at now? It's certainly going faster than my last local one if Kirk is already guaranteed 9th out of 100 people.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yaaah, now I remember. I knew he also used Ike as a secondary or something. I remember seeing a video of him and Doom having Ike dittos.

What round is the tourney at now? It's certainly going faster than my last local one if Kirk is already guaranteed 9th out of 100 people.

Well they did pools initially to weed it out to top 60. From there, Kirk, Brett, and Doom played in the bracket. Kirk is probably playing right now or something. I'll edit this post when an update occurs.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Brutal. Well, I guess I better get some sleep now. Tell Kirk, Brett and Doom I said "good **** guys"... they'll read this later anyways but you know... I'm tired so I think I'm talking when I'm really typing on a forum.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good job guys. I also put in a fair amount of work today (saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom