• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I've always done my momentum canceling because I think it must be better at some combination of DI, percent, move, and staleness of the move. After all the faster the move comes out the better its supposed to be since you start fast falling faster.

Plus its not like auto fast-falling is going to help you any bit after you DI you move the control stick down and then bair with the cstick, very easy to do.

Although now that i think about how snakes momentum cancel maybe, and dair making ike duck a bit that might be better as it gets your hurt box away from the blast zone. Might need some testing needed to see if thats right though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dang...finally got to see Slaps after ages...and finally got to meet Mr. Doom. Though we both sucked...those sets will never be mentioned again in the history of Ike dittos LOL.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Dang...finally got to see Slaps after ages...and finally got to meet Mr. Doom. Though we both sucked...those sets will never be mentioned again in the history of Ike dittos LOL.
Well said. Well said.

I don't know how I convinced Slaps and Brett to play on this stage (oh yeah, I said "Just wait and see.") This was something I recorded in January of this year, but uploaded it in May.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-s7kQ1F9g

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Phase 2 just won't ever be mentioned. =X

I played well in like... ONE set. And that was a friendly set.
(Beat Xyro 2-1, hooray.)

Didn't play in doubles. Didn't get very far in singles-- got like 33rd of 67 or something embarrassing like that... lost to a guy who I beat 2-0 in a MM later. I think I was somehow less excited for the tourney because I didn't have to travel for it.
And in the Duelist side event, I suicided my way to last place even while I was kicking ***. (I was even seeded well because people know I'm good at Duelist. =\)

I'm really glad I didn't spend gas money for that crap. Lol.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
But you said I gotta critique your games Bored... You promised me i could!!! =[ lol
and i got to see bored! =] we didn't get to play though =[
Phase 2 just won't ever be mentioned. =X

I played well in like... ONE set. And that was a friendly set.
(Beat Xyro 2-1, hooray.)

Didn't play in doubles. Didn't get very far in singles-- got like 33rd of 67 or something embarrassing like that... lost to a guy who I beat 2-0 in a MM later. I think I was somehow less excited for the tourney because I didn't have to travel for it.
And in the Duelist side event, I suicided my way to last place even while I was kicking ***. (I was even seeded well because people know I'm good at Duelist. =\)

I'm really glad I didn't spend gas money for that crap. Lol.
I got 33rd as well... I lost to Bassem and Sars, and only beat some yoshi player in loser bracket.. I thought i did OK overall for my first offline tourney since before summer but I think i could have done better..

Teams was a joke, I teamed with Oli player that went MK both times we played and we lost even though i told him one of the games when it came down to me and this other MK player, i had 2 stocks at high % and MK had 1 stock at 30% i told him to take the stock before i die because Ike vs. MK= stupid deaths.... and thats what happened... trying to aether and his shuttle loop gimped me far out at like 50%... So gay

My favorite part of the tourney was the Ike FFA's with Brett, MrDoom, me, and Jessica (2-D) hilarious... =]

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry to go off topic so brutally here but it must be announced.

Patriots beating the Titans 52 - 0. Score was 45 - 0 at halftime. Halftime. Tom Brady had 5 TDs in the second quarter alone. It's like... well, it's like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFpVPN8fQ8

Where Luigi = Patriots and Ike = Titans.

And yah, that Ike player is painful to watch...

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sorry to go off topic so brutally here but it must be announced.

Patriots beating the Titans 52 - 0. Score was 45 - 0 at halftime. Halftime. Tom Brady had 5 TDs in the second quarter alone. It's like... well, it's like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFpVPN8fQ8

Where Luigi = Patriots and Ike = Titans.

And yah, that Ike player is painful to watch...

I was watching the game, good thing I wasn't going against Brady in fantasy...but regardless...5 touchdown passes in the snow, in one quarter. Worst pass defense ever?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Worst pass defense ever?
31st in the league I believe... most likely 32nd after today. To think this is the same Titans team that had like the 2nd best pass defense in the league last season... albeit with a bunch of injuries in the secondary. Or was it their run defense that was good? I only follow the Pats and the Saints (who are also gettin it done this year).

And yah, the Ike in that video more or less represents the competition I have here for the top Ike spot... there aren't many others who are better than him.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Canadians like football? What?!! :mad:
Lol, Canadian football sucks, I only watch NFL. You'd be surprised how many people here watch NFL football, we have a community Superbowl party every year... and we don't even do anything when the final game of the CFL is going on... the Grey Cup or something?

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
I've got a question, too. I'm planning to go to a Tournament in march or april next year. so i was searching for a Teampartner, but I have no 2vs2 experience. Is Ike good in Teams or should I use another Character? Chars like Snake, Diddy, Marf.. or something like this?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ike can be viable in teams. It depends on the partner's character and your teamwork with your partner.
If your partner has good setups into Ike's smashes for early kills...
If your partner racks up damage quickly so Ike kills early...
If you and your partner work well together...

It can work.

If you have the guts to play Ike in singles, you probably have the guts to play Ike in doubles. Just like in singles, there are better characters to choose, definitely. But if you feel good with the decision, go ahead and give it a try.
But always practice and make sure you ARE confident with the decision. =P

(To all of those in the Western Hemisphere wondering about my post time: I've been up all night studying for midterms. I'm taking a break now and I just happened to end up on SWF. =P)
((EDIT: Pretty sure I shredded that midterm and ate it with gravy for BRUNCH. YUM.))

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
omgay.. The Tech from you on Luigis Mansion was really nice. Kirk is overpowered lmao

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lol, Canadian football sucks, I only watch NFL. You'd be surprised how many people here watch NFL football, we have a community Superbowl party every year... and we don't even do anything when the final game of the CFL is going on... the Grey Cup or something?

What kinda of backwards part of Canada do you live in man? O_o

Basically nobody in BC cares about the Superbowl, and Vancouver goes nuts over the Grey Cup. Heck, I've touched the Grey Cup and got interviewed when it came to my town.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What kinda of backwards part of Canada do you live in man? O_o

Basically nobody in BC cares about the Superbowl, and Vancouver goes nuts over the Grey Cup. Heck, I've touched the Grey Cup and got interviewed when it came to my town.
Well, NS doesn't even have a CFL team, so I guess it's understandable that we couldn't really care less :ohwell: And when it comes down to it, most people agree that the NFL is quite a bit more exciting and has better regulations than the CFL (three downs? Really? You mess up twice and you punt).

I guess the main reason is because we'd rather not support a rival province in one sport you know? Easier just to watch NFL and be unbiased about our own country.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Four downs is for sissies.

REAL men play with three downs and no fair catch.

EDIT: That, and the NFL is AMAZINGLY boring compared to the CFL. All you see in the NFL are short passes/runs for 90% of the game. -_- Yippee, four yards.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Four downs is for sissies.

REAL men play with three downs and no fair catch.

EDIT: That, and the NFL is AMAZINGLY boring compared to the CFL. All you see in the NFL are short passes/runs for 90% of the game. -_- Yippee, four yards.
Cause the level of skill is much higher compared to CFL. If you want big plays all the time, go watch college xP. There's a good reason why CFL players who make it to the NFL don't do as well. Big difference in skill level.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Comparisons between NFL and CFL made me think of marth players for some reason.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There's a good reason why CFL players who make it to the NFL don't do as well.
Highest scoring kicker of all time went from CFL to NFL for like, a week, found the game boring there, and went back to the BC Lions. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Highest scoring kicker of all time went from CFL to NFL for like, a week, found the game boring there, and went back to the BC Lions. :D
Your example had to be the position in football that anyone can play? Ok...

Edit: There are players who made it big from CFL to NFL, but it's a very small amount.

2nd Edit: Since we aren't getting anything productive done, I might as well say that my thought on the battle card data stuff will probably be worked on during Thanks Giving or whenever I get free time.

Oh and random top list of Ike players for lawlz.

1. Ren
2. San
3. Kirk
4. Bored
5. Mr. Doom

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nah. It won't.
[/downer]
You party pooper you. We have to brawl you and I. Naow.

In other news, I've started using my c-stick to Nair so I can do retreating Nairs and really control my movement (I could never get the diagonal tap on the c-stick down but I've been practicing)... and WOW, like it makes a huge difference. I used to get shield grabbed a lot, and now I've gone like upwards of twenty matches without being shield grabbed on an Nair, and it really helps with reading because you can more or less spam it and see what people do to approach in between them.

Start using c-stick for Nair if you don't already... I don't know why it took me so long to start doing it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You party pooper you. We have to brawl you and I. Naow.

In other news, I've started using my c-stick to Nair so I can do retreating Nairs and really control my movement (I could never get the diagonal tap on the c-stick down but I've been practicing)... and WOW, like it makes a huge difference. I used to get shield grabbed a lot, and now I've gone like upwards of twenty matches without being shield grabbed on an Nair, and it really helps with reading because you can more or less spam it and see what people do to approach in between them.

Start using c-stick for Nair if you don't already... I don't know why it took me so long to start doing it.

I made an initial change to attack stick at Phase 2 during friendlies and it honestly didn't work for me. SDI'in was a bit harder, I'm not programmed to fast fall d-air when sent up manually...and well...I rely on SDI a lot more than other ppl. I prefer my default controls. I already know how to use n-air properly with the control stick along with the retreating f-air and b-air.

And I definitely don't need to do walk off d-air, since it only works on average to below avg players.

Oh and revised Rankings...Mr. Doom is 5.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I made an initial change to attack stick at Phase 2 during friendlies and it honestly didn't work for me. SDI'in was a bit harder, I'm not programmed to fast fall d-air when sent up manually...and well...I rely on SDI a lot more than other ppl. I prefer my default controls. I already know how to use n-air properly with the control stick along with the retreating f-air and b-air.

And I definitely don't need to do walk off d-air, since it only works on average to below avg players.

Oh and revised Rankings...Mr. Doom is 5.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize you couldn't use the c-stick for Nair with smash stick on, had to test it just now, lol. I guess that's another reason I love the attack stick now. The majority of the local players here are average to below-average so walk-off Dair is perfectly viable for me :bee:

I've just accustomed myself to SDIing with the control stick, and fast-fall Dairing manually for momentum cancel can be compared to walk-off Dairing manually (not directly, but same kind of trade-off), albeit more important. It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it, but the lack of horizontal control kind of sucks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh wow, I didn't even realize you couldn't use the c-stick for Nair with smash stick on, had to test it just now, lol. I guess that's another reason I love the attack stick now. The majority of the local players here are average to below-average so walk-off Dair is perfectly viable for me :bee:

I've just accustomed myself to SDIing with the control stick, and fast-fall Dairing manually for momentum cancel can be compared to walk-off Dairing manually (not directly, but same kind of trade-off), albeit more important. It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it, but the lack of horizontal control kind of sucks.

Dang son, you need to up the competition...

I should practice walk off d-air manually again...but too lazy =/...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Dang son, you need to up the competition...

I should practice walk off d-air manually again...but too lazy =/...
Yah, I haven't even gone to our bi-weeklies for like... six weeks? I've been basically alternating playing WiFi and then playing my brother and some of his friends offline... so my offline skill level has been a roller coaster for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom