• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kimchi will probably end up having a tough time fighting cause he's too used to wifi lag LOL. He will manage to delay all his moves by half a second.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Kimchi is beating Red in asian points by like 8/1
lmao

and ima steal ur avi when ur done with it Red
toosexy

-RedX-

Smash Lord
-_- I'll get my points later....idk when though =(

And I edited the texture myself (just changed the hair and added a headband to the original Ragna texture lol), get your own Ragna Ike >_>

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't know about lucas, but let's help him beat G-Reg, lol. Jigglypuff discussion time?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
sexxxxy status

LMAO
i'll change it back before i go to sleep red,DW xD

and whats the jigz and ike MU?

edit: i think you could have gotten away with a few fairs at the beginning,
tho idk,hardly face any jiggys;/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San, you should offer the best critique since you played him. What bothered you the most about Kimchi's play? I think he needed to put more pressure on you and stop playing so defensively. Putting pressure means making the opponent be more on the edge. You were just having your way with him.

Also Kimchi, by all means...stay away from the edge against Jiggs...priority should be to center yourself on stage.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
San, you should offer the best critique since you played him. What bothered you the most about Kimchi's play? I think he needed to put more pressure on you and stop playing so defensively. Putting pressure means making the opponent be more on the edge. You were just having your way with him.

Also Kimchi, by all means...stay away from the edge against Jiggs...priority should be to center yourself on stage.
I've tried that too many times against Jiggs, and it got me 3 stocked before :(.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Kimchi won ~40% of our matches, which is a lot better than before, though.

I kind of already told him everything I could on AIM. The start up times on his aerials are too large for him not to retreat them, because jigglypuff's fair could reach a surprising amount of distance in a short time. All it takes is a sourspotted fair for me to regain control/momentum.

Yeah, don't go offstage against someone who knows how to gimp ike. That's nuff said. A low reverse aether is the way to go, but always be on the look out to tech the wall if you think jiggs could get inside you while you're recovering.

Definitely the times he gave me the most pressure was when he was spacing his aerials well and getting me with jabs. completing the jab combo is a lot more devastating than single jabs. I start to feel nervous when the damage starts to rack up.

Kimchi was actually doing a lot of the right things, or at least trying to, but that made it all the more easier of knowing what kinds of things he would do. Spacing his aerials more would be the best part, espseically when he goes on the offensive. As long as I feel I can't get inside, it's a lost cause. nair, tilts, and jab (sometimes fair) helps, too.

Offstage, Kimchi has to save his double jumps. Also, remember, you could fast fall! Ü as long as you Air dodge+ fast fall low, I can't get down to you in time. don't let me chase you.

Also: Just noticed this, If you're really close and I just hit you, it's better to double jump or just retreat+nair. you have to get to ground to get your jabs in to get me away.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Penta just jacked my pic from my AiB page =(
****....San's Jiggs is beast lmao
Jab to bair is your friend, Jiggs floats a lot -.-

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Hey, I just realized something....Kim, can you upload any of our recent matches? I haven't been critiqued in a loooooong time actually o_o
I need improvements.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The only thing is that it's wifi, so it's kind of different =/ I posted it there anyways, though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Why are those vids not in the critique thread? Metroid and Palpi need work.
I don't like to critique Wi-fi matches with the time-line scheme haha... but I'll look at some key parts of the second match, in which Kimchi played much better in.

(Now I'm going to write as though I'm talking to Kimchi.)

Personally, I think youi should've played more defensively; san's approach with NAirs, Pound, and FAirs (as well as the occasional airdodge, but that wasn't too common), while effective, became predictable. Retreating FAir is a bit slow and you don't get enough drift to be totally safe from the attack, but retreating USmash works well because of the slide and the sheer range of the attack. Granted, if you used more retreating USmash, san would've adjusted and used more airdodging; then it becomes even more of a reading game. Another thing you might want to consider is playing with your back turned; that way, you can't NAir or FAir, but you can use the much-faster and auto-cancelable BAir to counter his non-sweetspotted FAir or NAir approaches.

Whenever you were offstage and san went out to edgeguard you from below, you usually went for the FAir; most times, however, FAir will only work if you start it very early and hope they'll run into it. At times like 1:28 and 2:55 when your opponent is clearly below you, you can try going for the DAir and punish them for getting out too far. Of course, you may have FAir'd because of Wi-fi lag, so I'm not going to pick on that much more. At 2:07 though, when you got him offstage and were on the moving platform, you should've stayed on and tried going for the spike; a lot of people get caught off-guard by dropping through the platform with a spike. You could've also dropped down and BAir'd, but the main point is that I think you should've played more aggressively at that moment and use the platform to your advantage instead of going back onto the stage and waiting for him.

Nice UAir kill at 2:22 and UTilt out-of-shield for the first kill (forgot what time), by the way. Clashing Rollout with QD at 2:42 was very smart as well.

It'd be more interesting to see how well you would do against a Jiggs offline when it's easier to time airdodges and attacks to counter edgeguarding, but oh well :(. I think you played well, you just need to get more experience with the match-up to see how to get around the edgeguards.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
You sir, are an idiot. I don't care if you're 14. Don't bring up old ****. It's done. I recommend you delete that post before it stirs up anymore negativity in some people.
I shall reply to your post with my own:

EDIT: I really need to come here more often... :/
I seriously have been so busy with school, then to come here and see a post like that from one of the people I respect the most, and you have the nerve to go whining about the way I offer my help? tsk tsk...

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
say that his mom is fat lol

on the first first part,he was partially correct

but yea,the rest is pretty stupid;/

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
How can I argue with someone who just makes numbers up?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
How can I argue with someone who just makes numbers up?
Flaming him for being a complete and utter idiot who thinks up random numbers and thinks that they are more correct then a whole boards worth of people that use Ike/place with Ike?

Gah, I'm not even looking at that topic for another hour or so. I'd just get myself banned.

EDIT: And honestly, it would probably look better if I wasn't the only guy who tried to defend Ike. I lack the tournament experience to be able to back up my facts in that area. And I swear half of the SBR just looks at that topic when deciding the order of low tier characters. -_-

Kimchi

Smash Ace
I don't like to critique Wi-fi matches with the time-line scheme haha... but I'll look at some key parts of the second match, in which Kimchi played much better in.

(Now I'm going to write as though I'm talking to Kimchi.)

Personally, I think youi should've played more defensively; san's approach with NAirs, Pound, and FAirs (as well as the occasional airdodge, but that wasn't too common), while effective, became predictable. Retreating FAir is a bit slow and you don't get enough drift to be totally safe from the attack, but retreating USmash works well because of the slide and the sheer range of the attack. Granted, if you used more retreating USmash, san would've adjusted and used more airdodging; then it becomes even more of a reading game. Another thing you might want to consider is playing with your back turned; that way, you can't NAir or FAir, but you can use the much-faster and auto-cancelable BAir to counter his non-sweetspotted FAir or NAir approaches.

Whenever you were offstage and san went out to edgeguard you from below, you usually went for the FAir; most times, however, FAir will only work if you start it very early and hope they'll run into it. At times like 1:28 and 2:55 when your opponent is clearly below you, you can try going for the DAir and punish them for getting out too far. Of course, you may have FAir'd because of Wi-fi lag, so I'm not going to pick on that much more. At 2:07 though, when you got him offstage and were on the moving platform, you should've stayed on and tried going for the spike; a lot of people get caught off-guard by dropping through the platform with a spike. You could've also dropped down and BAir'd, but the main point is that I think you should've played more aggressively at that moment and use the platform to your advantage instead of going back onto the stage and waiting for him.

Nice UAir kill at 2:22 and UTilt out-of-shield for the first kill (forgot what time), by the way. Clashing Rollout with QD at 2:42 was very smart as well.

It'd be more interesting to see how well you would do against a Jiggs offline when it's easier to time airdodges and attacks to counter edgeguarding, but oh well :(. I think you played well, you just need to get more experience with the match-up to see how to get around the edgeguards.
First off, I'd like to thank you for the thorough critique. I do agree about the retreating Bair. I experimented with it a lot in other matches that weren't recorded, and it's pretty effective. I started trying retreating Nair/Fair/Bair against san to test out which one's the most effective and imo, I think all of them are good. The problem that I have most with Jiggs after playing san's countless times is I don't know when to take the offensive position. I'm constantly playing defensively, but transitioning into an offensive style is what makes this matchup strange for me. If I take an offensive style at the wrong time, I often get sent offstage or punished unnecessarily for it. I think that's what cutting me off to play a much more stronger Ike in this matchup. I'm not entirely used to playing an all defensive Ike throughout the game, which at first I thought would be the only way for me to win against Jiggs. It's just with my Ike, I hate taking risks that may flip my game over and in this case, it's to be offensive against Jigglypuff.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I shall reply to your post with my own:

I seriously have been so busy with school, then to come here and see a post like that from one of the people I respect the most, and you have the nerve to go whining about the way I offer my help? tsk tsk...
quoting yourself then explaining yourself FTW. :mad:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Golden rule of thumb: Never argue with an idiot, because the idiot will bring you down to his/her level and beat you out of experience.
If it wasn't for the fact people will believe such junk and thus quote it when discussion MUs with use, I would leave it for the most part. -_-

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Random question: I'm gonna be mm'in a Link player for 10 bucks. What is my best neutral and CPs to go with in this game? And what should I ban?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ban Norfair if it's legal. Link can survive a heck of a long time there due to Zairing the ledges. Apparently Link doesn't do bad at RC either...somehow. O_o

I would say CP with Pirate Ship, but Xyro is funny and doesn't allow Pirate Ship to be a CP. If you wanted to, you could risk Frigate. I'd go with Delfino in your situation, while aiming for PS1 of BF as my neutral.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Random question: I'm gonna be mm'in a Link player for 10 bucks. What is my best neutral and CPs to go with in this game? And what should I ban?
The links ive played (leeeeegan and several others) choose halbert and brinstar for there CPs. But knowing ike has no projectiles, they may even take u to FD.

Im no ike expert but i KNOW what messes up link. Pick BF, norfair, delphino and or ANY stage that has platforms(stops spamming) and is small(FORCES them to be in your face.....where you win)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Planning on picking up Ike as a secondary.
Hey everyone. =o
Hi. Have any specific questions or anything? I'm too tired to go over every strategic aspect of Ike for someone who plans to second him right now... although I'd be glad to give you pointers if you need any. Just be warned that getting good with Ike isn't easy, and winning with him consistently at a high level is very difficult and frustrating at times. It's fun though, I couldn't play as any other character... besides Ganondorf and occasionally Captain Falcon.

:034:

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
what about brinstar? its small and has plattforms to stop links spam(hellyesz). lol, as a neutral i would say bf.

btw i couldnt sign in with my old acc thats why ive made a new one lol. nobody cares i know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom