• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Strongest Japanese teams to look out for are:

Otori (MK) & Abadango (Wario)
Rain (MK) & Kuroobi (Snake)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Who's M2K teaming with? In both games.

I think no matter what he'll be one of the top placers in doubles (once again, both games), unless he teams with Inui or something lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Stated before top 4 make it out. Last time I'm posting this cause people cannot read a few posts above.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
My flights are booked and so is my registration, I shall be bringing some glorious english things with me, Like (real) tea, (real) chocolate and irn-bru

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
If you think about it double the amount of people (128) will makE it into bracket as opposed to 64

TSM ZeRo

Final Bracket is going to be 128? Wow! I thought there would be two round of bracket pools, and then a bracket of 64 people.

Keitaro

In other words: 128 people in the Final Brackets. 25 to 30% of all players make final bracket compared to last year's 16%.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
Not that my opinion is going to change anything, but i like round robin pools. My brother and i are mediocre players at best. Attending this tournament for the great experience it will give. In the case of bracket pools it appears we will be driving 13 hours to this tournament for potentially playing 2 or 3 sets. It should be a great tournament regardless and am still looking forward to it but i thought for sure this would be a RR format

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if the tourney doesn't have enough setups to effectively run RR (as was the case last year) i'm fine with bracket pools

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The amount needed to run this as a round robin wo update be 80 each game. (160 total). That is something that seems very unrealistic from our end. On top of that, you will have hours of friendlies which will give you the ability to play with everyone(something people would prefer over tournament matches from our information and feedback).

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
The amount needed to run this as a round robin wo update be 80 each game. (160 total). That is something that seems very unrealistic from our end. On top of that, you will have hours of friendlies which will give you the ability to play with everyone(something people would prefer over tournament matches from our information and feedback).
You are talking about $ right? Why would there be an increase in price for RR just curious

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, bracket pools is really a lot more feasible than doing the two rounds of RR like last year. Makes it a lot easier on the TOs as far as making brackets too.

There better be a lot of friendly setups though, last APEX had nowhere near enough. I'm talking like, APEX2010 status :3

:059:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
To be honest, I'm probably not going to make it out of whichever bracket pool I'm in. I'm going to give it my all, naturally, but I'm also realistic about the competition I'm facing. I sympathize with people who worry about getting 0-2'd in their bracket pool. Don't let that get you down, though, because I believe the opportunity to play friendlies or MMs with a bunch of players from all around the world is amazing for any level of player, and worth the price of admission alone. If you know you're not going to win, then take this grand opportunity to learn all that you can, because a low/mid-level player can gain A LOT just from coming here.

Oh yeah, and just have fun too. We go to these things to have fun, do we not? :cool:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not that my opinion is going to change anything, but i like round robin pools. My brother and i are mediocre players at best. Attending this tournament for the great experience it will give. In the case of bracket pools it appears we will be driving 13 hours to this tournament for potentially playing 2 or 3 sets. It should be a great tournament regardless and am still looking forward to it but i thought for sure this would be a RR format

I actually agree, I see it as the best of both worlds. Get alot of experience, and from people that are playing to win. (When in friendlies, anything goes) Yet, from a TO'ing standpoint I can understand why it'd be necessary. Plus it'd create more hype results wise.

So, here is what you (and I, and everyone else) should be thinking. "I'm coming here to play my hardest in tournament, and then I'm going to play LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of friendlies, to learn" I mean, it'll make you feel better. Remind yourself that you'll have more friendlies to play with. Don't be lazy either! I made that mistake in the last Apex. I have to try and move around a bit more, instead of staying in one place. I get the comment "Carlos, why are you playing DAVE when he lives next door to you" lool. *Shrug* Don't let that detract from how great Apex will be. :cool:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Is it true that Unknown522 chocked Inui and therefore he is banned from Apex?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Dude. Apex won't be the same without him.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
We have to remember that this is a tournament. For all intents and purposes, the point of a regional, national, or international is to see how you stack up against the rest of the world. It's not necessarily to get 6 sets and be able to go 0-6. That's what locals are for. You have to train on your own to do well.

Completely the opposite of what I used to argue about how people should be getting their money's worth. X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom