• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Really didn't want to make Google account. But oh well.

Looking for a good melee teammate, maybe I'll sign up for 2v2 if I found one. Anyone interested?

Must have experience teaming with Ganondorf.
Luigi Ganon team?
My secondary/other main is Ganon :o

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
To be honest, I'm probably not going to make it out of whichever bracket pool I'm in. I'm going to give it my all, naturally, but I'm also realistic about the competition I'm facing. I sympathize with people who worry about getting 0-2'd in their bracket pool. Don't let that get you down, though, because I believe the opportunity to play friendlies or MMs with a bunch of players from all around the world is amazing for any level of player, and worth the price of admission alone. If you know you're not going to win, then take this grand opportunity to learn all that you can, because a low/mid-level player can gain A LOT just from coming here.

Oh yeah, and just have fun too. We go to these things to have fun, do we not? :cool:
All of this!!!!!

In the process of blowing up my floaties for these bracket pools.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
Glad people are seeing both sides of it. Regardless it will be a great experience. I will probably bring a setup for the friendly table

:phone:

Vist

Smash Champion
Luigi is def too good =)

I also require a teammate if anyone beastly is interested! Preferably someone I know or have played who wants to beast :) I usually do pretty well in teams and I get really lucky at times like most Luigis lol

(here's an example)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
seriously, it's like they've never heard of teaming with level 9 CPU luigis

Will we get to figure out who is in our bracket pool before the event, and if so, at what date?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Krynxe, are you going to APEX? If so, I wanna meet you. Since you always frequent our thread.
Sorry for responding late. No, I won't be at Apex, you'd only be able to catch me at Washington tournaments and even then I rarely go. I don't play much any more.
seriously, it's like they've never heard of teaming with level 9 CPU luigis
lol, I died

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Dude. Apex won't be the same without him.
Unknown522 assaulted another player, he has no business attending a tournament such as this. I wouldn't be comfortable attending this tournament, especially not with some members of my family.

Edit: I just learned that Unknown has threatened to choke Inui again if he continues to provoke him. Please tell me that this ******* will be banned from attending Apex.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hmmm...did you change your post? I could've sworn I've seen a post with a different context. Anyways, you make it sound like he committed a homicide or that he personally swindeled you but I'm not familiar with the whole story so...eh.

Edit: Huh...what a bad time to see an edit update.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thats not inuis fault.

If yall cant deal with the same level of trash talk that Inui deals with on a regular basis, you dont need to be at a tournament

Niko_K

Smash Master
Perhaps the ridiculously damaging ideology of being able to handle trash talk as a competitive player needs to be completely re-discussed.

What kind of community do we want?

A professional gaming community, or forever underground?

While I agree that no player should be assaulted at a tournament, we also need to recognize and discuss the behavior that PROVOKED the individual to act in this manner. When you play a game such as SSBM at this high of a level, things are really tense. Inui knows this and uses the current stance on trash talking to hide behind his immature behavior.

We really need to re-evaluate what we deem acceptable or not at tournaments. I personally feel trash talking should be left to crews and players should not be allowed to trash talk other players in their sets. Especially if the tournament is hosting international diversity in players. It isn't fair that a group of 5 Canadians shows up to an American tournament and has to deal with the entire tournament trash talking them because of their patriotism and camaraderie.

We need to show mutual respect to those who we play with, and continuing to allow trash talking as a form of expression at tournaments is not the direction many in this scene wishes to go.

Perhaps Inui should be banned from APEX as well. All this exclusion and conflict continues to push SSBM farther and farther away from being anything important in the e-Sports world.

This community is absolutely ridiculous, and needs to seriously think about how they conduct themselves in the real world.

I know that when I run my next international tournament for Melee, I will not hesitate to throw anyone out of pools or bracket for intentionally trying to sound pollute those playing a tournament match.

I truly hope the scene considers tightening up the rules of personal conduct at tournaments, because it is only a matter of time before Inui pisses off someone else.

If it wasn't a well known player like Inui this situation probably would barely have even entered the spotlight.

We're setting an example to new players by implying they can talk as much **** as they like whether or not someone of high caliber is in a match or not.

Doesn't anyone see this as a huge problem? I know when I came to the US for tons of tournaments adjusting to the **** people say doesn't really make you want to come back....

Grow up, seriously.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
trash talk is fine
the level of trash talk that provoked unknown is not

Niko_K

Smash Master
That level of trash talk is generally deemed acceptable by the entire American scene, and it needs to change.

End of story.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Or you know, give people space when playing a game. Trash talking near your ear shouldn't be something a player try to sift through while playing a game, which requires focus.

Might not be much of a problem if people weren't as close to you when playing. Maybe call it the "Back up, *****!" clause.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Looks good Duo though shouldn't the hair be more light brown?
I did that but I didn't like it, so I made it darker XD

Oh yeah we are practically one month away from the BIGGEST SMASH TOURNEY EVER!! Been reading a lot here, it's awesome that so many smashers are coming from around the globe. A friend of mine is gonna be making nationality bracelets for this event, so if you want to rep your country give her a holla.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yeah, we should all use 10-ft white controllers, give everyone at least 20 feet of space, use splitters so we're playing on different TVs, have only one team behind one player and the other behind the other and trash talk as much as Americanly possible.

Just don't trash talk each other?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
All i know is, people out here talking about professionalism.

And people have been using the 'talk hella trash to goad someone into an action that will get them unfocused/DQ'd/ejected' tactic in the NBA and NFL since pretty much forever ago. Yea theres a statute Of limitations on that kinda thing, you cant be all up in someones ears and face or physically affecting them in game. but when that dude from the Detroit Pistons ran up in the stands a few years back, i dont recall any of the fans having actions taken against them. But the dude who got physical got suspended and fined.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Unknown522 assaulted another player, he has no business attending a tournament such as this. I wouldn't be comfortable attending this tournament, especially not with some members of my family.

Edit: I just learned that Unknown has threatened to choke Inui again if he continues to provoke him. Please tell me that this ******* will be banned from attending Apex.
Yeah, you don't have to tell me what he did. I know the guy personally, this behaviour is incredibly out of character.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
U people saying the guy who got attacked should be banned are dumb, I trash talk all the time and if someone attacked me I'd use the chaos to hopefully stumble over by a chick and grab her *** just to get something out of it.

#teamInui

:017:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
U people saying the guy who got attacked should be banned are dumb, I trash talk all the time and if someone attacked me I'd use the chaos to hopefully stumble over by a chick and grab her *** just to get something out of it.

#teamInui

If that's the only way you can manage to grab **** then you're pathetic.

It doesn't change that Unknown assaulting another player and then later threatening to kill him is unacceptable.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
If that's the only way you can manage to grab **** then you're pathetic.

It doesn't change that Unknown assaulting another player and then later threatening to kill him is unacceptable.
You must be new here, I'm awesome.

What part of #teamInui did you not understand?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
choking is wrong and sexual assault is ok

smash logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom