• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko_K

Smash Master
This community is ********, really.

I have a lot of money, and maybe I should put some away to visit every major Melee national and just yell at all the top players all day, because I can.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
U people saying the guy who got attacked should be banned are dumb, I trash talk all the time and if someone attacked me I'd use the chaos to hopefully stumble over by a chick and grab her *** just to get something out of it.

#teamInui

:017:
what he said, well not the 2nd half but honestly, there is massive trash talk in tournaments. How bad was it for someone to punch someone

On another note,
I guess the lion got revenge

Esca

Smash Champion
This community is ********, really.

I have a lot of money, and maybe I should put some away to visit every major Melee national and just yell at all the top players all day, because I can.
Hey, if that's how you want to spend your cash.. more power to you!

Talk ****tt get hit.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that I (had) a partner for doubles, and I pre-registered for that. However, he just found out that he can't make it until the day after, when singles start. So, I was curious if anyone that doesn't already have a partner wanted to team with me?

I'm a Fox main. I'll admit, I'm not THAT good, but I'm at least decent. So, if you'd like to team, then let me know.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that I (had) a partner for doubles, and I pre-registered for that. However, he just found out that he can't make it until the day after, when singles start. So, I was curious if anyone that doesn't already have a partner wanted to team with me?

I'm a Fox main. I'll admit, I'm not THAT good, but I'm at least decent. So, if you'd like to team, then let me know.
You probably want to clarify if thats brawl or melee :)

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
What are the chances of getting some SMASHBOARD action going on at APEX 2013? I'll bring the board and host the game if there will be willing participants. It's basically a crew battle system.

SmashBOARD

What if we got it on a stream. That would be pretty sweet.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm actually going to show up to major tournaments and yell at Americans now.

Anyone tries to hit me I'll seriously shank you, I'm not some dumb ***** nerd like the majority of you, I live off drug money and sleep with mace.

Hope you guys like being yelled at during grand finals. It's okay because thats what you have to deal with at high level play right?

If I had my passport I'd be coming to Apex for this but I'll wait until the next large national.

Have fun.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm actually going to show up to major tournaments and yell at Americans now.

Anyone tries to hit me I'll seriously shank you, I'm not some dumb ***** nerd like the majority of you, I live off drug money and sleep with mace.

Hope you guys like being yelled at during grand finals. It's okay because thats what you have to deal with at high level play right?

If I had my passport I'd be coming to Apex for this but I'll wait until the next large national.

Have fun.
Do you think before you post? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Keitaro so quick to defend your NJ buddy.

Two wrongs?

According to you and Inuis supporters my behavior is one that is generally accepted as tournament nature.

I would be doing nothing but supporting those who are outnumbered because of nationalism.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Of course brother, and when I come down we can play some friendlies in Melee.

I'll be entering the tournament that I come to trash talk as well to prove a point about demographics. Particularly in regards to the disadvantage anyone travelling from outside the USA has to face at these major national tournaments.

Niko_K

Smash Master
That's exactly my point. Your subconscious is designed to intake every environmental signal with or without your awareness, and thus you are influenced by all sensory information.

If you make it to GF good luck to you, though your opponent is equally disadvantaged so simply responding positively to the environmental signals around you and your ability to repeatedly do so will determine who is more affected.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion

Have fun.
i picture Mr.Popo saying this...and it fits perfectly.

You should probably team up with Mike Haggar to run your own melee commentary over skype, comedians recorded themselves over some award show once in protest, told people to mute the tv and watch while listening to them. It would be hilarious.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Krisp I'm gonna ask Unknown if he would be up to do Melee commentary on our own livestream. I like the idea.

Occupy Apex 2013.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Not too sure if G.P has posted yet but we both just booked flights a few days ago, there may be more coming with us but we're not sure yet.

Currently looking into melee and brawl vids from 2012 apex.
(I'm only entering Brawl singles and Pokemon though) :149:

Esca

Smash Champion
Bet you don't live off drug money. How much you get for a bow cuh im tryna get paid while im up there.

Also got a 9 in my pillowcase, and my CHL.

If someone tries to hit you, fight them like a real man. Don't be a ***** *** ***** and pull a knife. Get your *** whooped if you gotta, but don't try and kill anyone if it's just 1 v 1.

Keitaro

Two wrongs?

According to you and Inuis supporters my behavior is one that is generally accepted as tournament nature.

I would be doing nothing but supporting those who are outnumbered because of nationalism.
I'm not a supporter of Inui, I'm a supporter of no unnecessary violence at tournaments. lol at NJ buddy/Natonalism. You can easily switch the players around in the situation and the verdict would be the same.

Inui's behavior is not acceptable imo, he just shouldn't receive equal punishment to someone who actually laid hands on another.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Two wrongs?

Nah, don't do that bro. It won't help your cause. You are just frustrated, take a chill pill.

Da kid, will respond later, in class.

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Is there any sort of rule with regards to trash talk? Anything that could address an audience member's attempts at distracting a player in order to get them to play worse?

I think a specific rule should be set in place. I know there's probably a general conduct rule, but that isn't enough. People draw different lines. The general conduct rule would obviously apply to something like an audience member standing in front of the player and screaming in their face, screaming in their ear, physically disturbing them or the chair that they're standing on, etc.
However, something like incredibly obnoxious and effective trash talk is apparently (for whatever ridiculous reason) considered to be part of the game by some people. I don't want to go into Apex hoping that trash talk is covered by the conduct rule, get trash talked viciously to the point where I can't concentrate, complain to the TO or a nearby staff member and have them tell me "sorry bro, deal with it. it's part of the game"
People also have different ideas on how loud is 'too loud', or how close is 'too close'. I don't want anyone breathing down my neck either XD

And on that note, you guys should put up a ruleset section somewhere -.-

I know none of this is probably going to happen anyways, but you can't be too careful. Imagine if one or more of the japanese brawl players was affected by this because there wasn't a rule in place, and decided to not attend the next Apex because of it.

Esca

Smash Champion
We should have a rule where you don't complain and just take the *** chewing. It's been around for 11 years without conflict we don't need one downsie to screw this up.

Also, I want to cinnamon match someone here. Someone let's cinnamon match.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
*looks at the whole beef scenario going on in here*
Good god, Where on earth is that 4chan copypasta when I need it!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
There doesn't need to be a rule against trash talking, you should just know not to be all up in anyone's ear with it, stop being so soft, holy ****

:017:

Keitaro

DEHF Airport Pickup from JFK!

DEHF arrives to NY at JFK airport at 10PM the day before Apex (January 10th). Anybody who thinks they could pick him up and bring him to New Brunswick will get paid well :D

Swear we need an airport pickup thread. hmm!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im bout to trash talk the hell out of EVERYBODY (as i normally do)

Except im the big black man in this situation, so we'll see how many of you are tryna step up and knock somebody out when the dude talking junk is bigger than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom