• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its either called ESTA or VISA, both work fine. and they also take no time at all, my visa was done in about half an hour

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i think amsah would beat me head to head
saying things like this not only ***** your mentality when the actual match happens, but it boosts his, too. assuming that he'll see this.

and you wonder why you're giving up matches before they even start. :awesome:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
or it'll get the oppositions confidence way too high, thus potentially being thrown off when it's not as easy as initially suspected.

/mindgames

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol but even at local NY tourneys i usually think im gonna lose to someone random but it never happens. I always have that mentality all the time. When I went to TX this weekend I thought i was gonna get *****, but then i played super super amazing and won everything. I always have that mentality

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
lol but even at local NY tourneys i usually think im gonna lose to someone random but it never happens. I always have that mentality all the time. When I went to TX this weekend I thought i was gonna get *****, but then i played super super amazing and won everything. I always have that mentality
..you can go on auto pilot and beat 90% of the community. it's more about players like amsah, mango, hungrybox, pp/anyone that's an actual top contender, i would think..

or it'll get the oppositions confidence way too high, thus potentially being thrown off when it's not as easy as initially suspected.

/mindgames

bind = mlown

LLDL

Smash Hero
Sick, Isai registered for 64 singles and melee doubles. With..vanz? or vans, I can't tell.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Nice, now if we can get Captain Jack and Ken....

Random but does EK from Europe even play Melee at all anymore?

Armada

Smash Lord
Ek stoped playing serious back in 06.

He still attend tournaments sometimes cause he like the community and still seems to have kinda fun playing just for fun.

But even if Ek would have been serious he is to lazy to travel :p

strawhats

Smash Master
it would've been fun to see ken and ek play each other...assuming Ken goes to this that is. (who gets the red?)

Shroomed

Smash Master
Bad news, I need to buy a new computer for college because mine is going to **** (it's like five years old), and I'm an Information Systems major which requires a computer. Idk if I can afford the trip anymore =(

I'll try robbing a bank.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey guys, we've already raised about $450 dollars for captain jack. HUGE $330 donation by aisight! Thanks!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Bad news, I need to buy a new computer for college because mine is going to **** (it's like five years old), and I'm an Information Systems major which requires a computer. Idk if I can afford the trip anymore =(

I'll try robbing a bank.
GL on robbing the bank bro. I know how it's like needing a new computer.

Strife

Banned via Warnings

I'll try robbing a bank.
You didn't go to the Big House, and now you're saying you probably can't go to this? You always have some Johns, it's really lame man.

Beat!

Smash Master
You didn't go to the Big House, and now you're saying you probably can't go to this? You always have some Johns, it's really lame man.
Yes, how dare he prioritize college over a super smash bros tournament. Sheesh.

Seriously, of course it would be awesome if he went, but trying to put some sort of blame on him? Come on, dude. >_>

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
@Shroomed - I understand 100% completely why you would need to do this. If you would like I can provide you with a cheap/amazing labtop/netbook that you can get to help you get a cheap PC + get your ticket. Obviously if you are a graphic student it would not be best but just hit me up, tell me what you want, and I will help all I can.

@Strife - this is your final warning. Stop posting moronic statements. We all have had reasons to not attend tournaments. Some personal, some financial. Shroomed has traveled all over the US for this game and if he needs a PC then I think you need to respect this and not try to purposely start something with your statements. Please take my well-traveled advice and shut up.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Yes, how dare he prioritize college over a super smash bros tournament. Sheesh.

Seriously, of course it would be awesome if he went, but trying to put some sort of blame on him? Come on, dude. >_>
It's two consecutive major tournaments he's bailing out on now, but I guess you're right. **** happens. It's not really his fault.

@Strife - this is your final warning. Stop posting moronic statements. We all have had reasons to not attend tournaments. Some personal, some financial. Shroomed has traveled all over the US for this game and if he needs a PC then I think you need to respect this and not try to purposely start something with your statements. Please take my well-traveled advice and shut up.
What is this? You know it bothers me that because you're hosting what'll probably the largest tournament of next year, you feel as if you have authority over other users on the boards. If you don't like what I am saying you can kindly tell me to stop, but for you to make these subtle threats is way out of line. ''Final Warning''? Who are you, GOD?

There was nothing moronic about my statement. I was expressing my disappoint and frustration that Shroomed is backing out of this tournament. I am allowed to do that. I have insulted you, so I would appreciate it if you didn't insult me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure hes the guy whos running this tournament and the guy who made this thread, which means he can probably get some strings pulled and ban you from the thread. Or if you really warrented it, (I dont think hed go this drastic but he could) ban you from the event entirely.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Im pretty sure hes the guy whos running this tournament and the guy who made this thread, which means he can probably get some strings pulled and ban you from the thread. Or if you really warrented it, (I dont think hed go this drastic but he could) ban you from the event entirely.
I could be wrong, but I think the author can only get someone banned from the thread, if that user is actively creating major disruption in that thread. I don't believe that is the case here, I think it's more that Alex Strife doesn't like me. I won't mention the PMs he has sent me in this thread.

It's his tournament so he has the right to ban whoever he wants from the event. I really hope he doesn't do that though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What if Strife was Alex Strife's other personality like in the movies lol. Strife can be evil Strife while Alex Strife can be.....not so evil Strife lol <3 not so evil Strife.

But seriously evil Strife, you gotta relax. I understand you're pissed but there's no need to get that level of heated since a player has money issues. Also Good Strife can easily have you banned from the thread. Just try to relax.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol so much going in on this page

But serious question can I partially sign up today and do the rest later? I wanna pay my venue fee and all brawl but I also need to buy marvel today...so can I signup for brawl singles dubs AE ultimate later?

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If some other guy had a name like 'dat K.i.d.' and was posting stupid shiz, and everyone thought it was me, and he was making me look like an major A-hole (even moreso than I do myself normally). Then Id probably be upset too.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

Is Mortal Kombat gonna be played on XBox360 or PS3? Also, if I just want to enter Mortal Kombat, do I still have to register online or can I pay at the door?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I have insulted you, so I would appreciate it if you didn't insult me.
lol, get your dumb *** out of here.

Yes, he is the real Over, from Spain, he is not trolling or anything, wtf guys...

I wish I had more money...

Good luck Over.

PS: His english is not good enough yet, so please try to help him with that.

Have fun everyone and hope to see you all at Apex...
Looks like Spain will be coming to Apex! :D Over already said he's going and it looks like Strawhat will too!

I think at this point, it'd be easier to have a list of top players that aren't going, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom