• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
The thread title should be retitled

Atlantic North Apex 2012| Literally everyone | Register at www.apexsmash.com

Stacks on stacks of hype!

Bad news, I need to buy a new computer for college because mine is going to **** (it's like five years old), and I'm an Information Systems major which requires a computer. Idk if I can afford the trip anymore =(

I'll try robbing a bank.
Computer for college johns? I've seen it all.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
it shouldn't really matter the coast, 360 controllers are just not meant for fighters. this is the main reasoning

yes some people don't use arcade sticks.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it shouldn't really matter the coast, 360 controllers are just not meant for fighters. this is the main reasoning

arent meant for fighters? all fighters are multi-console (some even PC too) , and even with the complete *** of the d pad on the 360 controller, so not sure if serious...

Strife

Banned via Warnings
lol, get your dumb *** out of here.
All you do is make idiotic posts like this without contributing to the thread. I don't mind being insulted, but you could at least have a point behind it like DA K.I.D did. Then again, maybe I'm expecting too much intelligence out of you.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alex, I may need a refund. I'll PM you if I need to.

Might not be able to go to this... lots of BS just occurred.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
arent meant for fighters? all fighters are multi-console (some even PC too) , and even with the complete *** of the d pad on the 360 controller, so not sure if serious...
i said the controller wasn't meant for fighters. of course they still make the game for the system, they're not gonna stop production just because a controller is terrible for the game.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I tried this like 3 months ago bro. Youre not going to get anywhere with this.

Best start saving up now and try to buy an xbox - Ps2 controller converter within the next month. Im trying to borrow one from a friend.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Interestingly enough, I have the exact same thing to say about you. :awesome:
Lol whatever.

On topic: This is kind of a weird question but are we required to show our faces at the tourney. If I enter melee, will it be acceptable for me keep a mask on or something?

Also are we going to have nametags? And if so are we allowed to decline from wearing them?

strawhats

Smash Master
lol, get your dumb *** out of here.

Looks like Spain will be coming to Apex! :D Over already said he's going and it looks like Strawhat will too!

I think at this point, it'd be easier to have a list of top players that aren't going, lol.
Calle W...where u at?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Lol whatever.

On topic: This is kind of a weird question but are we required to show our faces at the tourney. If I enter melee, will it be acceptable for me keep a mask on or something?

Also are we going to have nametags? And if so are we allowed decline from wearing them?
LOLLLL

are you worried the internet doesn't like you?

:reverse:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I thought I posted this already but im not sure now. If I did you can just ignore this.

I tried this 3 months ago, and even though you are completely right and everyone agrees with you, you arent going to get anywhere with this. so you might as well start saving up for a 360/ps2 converter or something.

Also are we going to have nametags? And if so are we allowed to decline from wearing them?
LOLLLL

Lol my thoughts exactly. This dude tryna be straight anonymous so people dont call him out in person.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
LOLLLL

No, it's not like that. My crew wants to go this, but we where masks at tourneys because our faces are disfigured and it's a part of our uniform. That's why I am asking if we're allowed to where masks. Can someone from the Apex staff please answer my question.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Strife why not enter as another name?

And I'm going to say yes, you have to show use your face if you come for obvious reasons and you must keep your name tag on you at all times.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Strife why not enter as another name?

And I'm going to say yes, you have to show use your face if you come for obvious reasons.
What obvious reasons? We won't even hang out in the crowd much, we'll just play our matches and go. Are you a part of the Apex staff?

Edit: We(I at least) won't mind being taking my mask of while I'm hanging around in the venue. But can I keep my mask on during the matches? (we'll take it off once we're away from the setup). We've gotten so use to playing with our masks on that we can't concentrate if we're not playing with them on.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
On the EC, 360 is more predominant for fighters lol.

:rosalina:
this is not true. At least from what I've seen PS3 is the tournament standard. XBox converters are fairly cheap though, so I hope no one has any real problem with it being on XBox

LLDL

Smash Hero
You can't show up wearing it or walk around in the venue like that. I don't see the benefit, but If you want to play your tournament set like that, that's fine. When asked to take it off, you'd better do so.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Are you people insane? Letting a group of people just show up in masks? Yeah don't mind the AK they pull out too when they start snatching wallets.

I'm staff and very against that.

:017:

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's what I was saying kage murphy. He can't wear the mask while wandering the venue and when we ask him to take it off, he'd better. I've seen people wear masks and helmets and **** during their sets, so in bracket he'll only hinder himself

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Are you people insane? Letting a group of people just show up in masks? Yeah don't mind the AK they pull out too when they start snatching wallets.

I'm staff and very against that.

We will submit to a full body search, I promise we have no ill intent. We simply just don't like it when our faces are seen. In order to not make other people uncomfortable, we will quickly go away somewhere isolated and take off our masks.

When you say we, whom are you referring to?
I'm talking about my crew. Also check your pms please.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
-sigh-

Apex 2012 will not support people dressing up like El Furte/Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara. This is soley because we want to make sure nothing crazy goes around.

BTW this event I have full control over. I spend years busting my tail and I have become beyond annoyed people iming me telling me that I am saying moronic things when its you doing so. I can have you infracted for the way you are talking on this thread since it can fall under flaming/trolling/spam ( check your ToS if you do not understand ). I have asked nicely for you to just stop saying things that just do not make sense...do you realize that its not even what you said but how you say it? If you do not understand IDK I will just assume no one has explain to you how to speak -.-

@GDX
But serious question can I partially sign up today and do the rest later? I wanna pay my venue fee and all brawl but I also need to buy marvel today...so can I signup for brawl singles dubs AE ultimate later

Ya that is fine just make sure you tell Bio ( he is the one handling that part of the stie ) and he will set it up.

@everyone about fighting games

Hey guys,

Is Mortal Kombat gonna be played on XBox360 or PS3? Also, if I just want to enter Mortal Kombat, do I still have to register online or can I pay at the door?

MK9 will be on PS3 since it is the standard.

To explain why we do the rest on Xbox it is simply because the Xbox versions have ( for whatever reason ) run better and do not freeze up when playing. That is something that the FGC does ( minus evo since they are partnered with Sony so they have to use Ps3's ).

As far as registration we want everyone to register online. If will help you save money and late fees. If you NEED to pay at the door you can do so for FGC stuff.

Yes strife you are required to wear the nametag. No one will be let inside the venue without one. This is for many reasons.

I cannot believe im answering a question about someone who wants to wear a mask/refuses to wear a nametag to a goddamn tournamnet

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Just making an observation, but I think he asked about a Mask because he said his face was disfigured. He never said it was part of a costume, joke or anything along those lines. He also mentioned he was coming with a group that intended to do the same thing so it maybe that he's just part of a group of gamers/support group that happen to do the same thing so as not 'disturb'(no offense to him) the public.

As for the nametags I think he asked about that to protect his identity just incase there were to be some sort of discriminatory action taken towards him because of his/their condition.

I don't know him, I'm just making sure you guys notice this^. I thought it was hella weird too when I read the post, but I try to be understanding about it.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm sorry but people who are disfigured still don't walk around the general public with masks on, it doesn't happen.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am sorry but if it was something major he would of PMed me not posted on the boards. I know he has the ability to PM cause he has PMed everyone in the world about other BS.

If its true then I am not going to force him to show his face if it is part of a support group. I just find it very odd that he would post that in public. From my side it sounds like he is making it up to get his way.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Just making an observation, but I think he asked about a Mask because he said his face was disfigured. He never said it was part of a costume, joke or anything along those lines. He also mentioned he was coming with a group that intended to do the same thing so it maybe that he's just part of a group of gamers/support group that happen to do the same thing so as not 'disturb'(no offense to him) the public.

As for the nametags I think he asked about that to protect his identity just incase there were to be some sort of discriminatory action taken towards him because of his/their condition.

I don't know him, I'm just making sure you guys notice this^. I thought it was hella weird too when I read the post, but I try to be understanding about it.

This is exactly right actually. Some of our faces are actually extremely messed up. We've had numerous children scream when they see our faces and the other day I guy vomited after looking at me.

I think we would cause less of a disturbance if we had the masks on rather than off. And again, we don't really intend to be hanging around the crowd much, we'll likely just be reading books in a corner.

The name of our group is GSNS btw(Gamers Scarred and Scarey) We basically a group of gamers who have disfiguring accidents or defects but still just want to have fun.

Alex Strife are you sure some kind of compromise can't be met.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@gimr

I do.

Im breaking my bank as it is to get here, I dont have the cash to buy more equipment...

Im hoping a guy I know will let me borrow his, but as it stands now, Im not even entering marvel because I dont want to go up against some of the best people playing with a handicap.

But like I said, I brought it up to diem before, and its a matter of 'thats what the sponsors gave us so thats what we have to use' so I try not to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom