• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Wait seriously if you were a big Marvel/ Wolverine fan you would of loathed what they did to Deadpool, they allowed a stupid rapper (Will.i.am) a cameo role in the movie, and completely failed to work more on the weaponX story, let alone his team prior to and after Wolverine aquiring his claws_

Not to mention they made Sabretooth his brother_ Now don't get me wrong, that was the only part of the film they did well, but it's risky business playing with storylines that are already well written and fleshed out_ Lastly, wtf did they do to Deadpool_?! End of the movie destroyed it for me_

Another thing i wish they would stop doing is changing superheroes ages and races_ Colossus was not an American boy_ Rogue was not a young girl who assumed the role of being protected or at least looked out for by Wolverine, it was Jubilee and she wasn't in the movies!! RAWR!!

And lastly_ They destroyed Gambit, made him American (he's Cajun)_ He could have been made so much cooler_ Hopefully the second X-men Origins: Wolverine has a better storyline than the original_ As far as i'm aware they are following the Frank Miller story when he is in Japan_
Yeah, I hated the dead pool part. I still don't understand how those blades fit into his arms. :/

BTW, Silver Fox is a terrorist.

I actually like the opening and the re-write. I thought it was very well constructed. The best part was indeed Sabertooth. I just find it funny how Sabertooth was in X1 though. lol

Colossus is Russian in that, Jubilee has been in the moves, Gambit was from the deep south in the comics (in the movies he is also supposed to be from the deep south) and I'm still waiting for Rouge to steal whats her face's power so she can fly and have super strength.

The one thing that they better not change is Apocalypse. If they tweak that it'll be dumb since a minor tweak is impossible. They would need to completely change the story line to alter it since all of the events are so sensitive.
Bishop will look ****ing awesome either way.

*Clowsui
Learn Sheik, main Sheik, kick *** with Sheik and alt for your weakness's if you have to.
You aren't gonna ever get good if you play the bouncing game and go from one character to another.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i have no wii lmao

i just do what feels natural with sheik

it works for anther, and it works for me as sheik

also you'd be surprised how well the bouncing game works if you're dedicated to it, my marth and falco are equal but in different matchups...it's all about being able to adapt to a change in options while keeping the same mindset

saviorslegacy

i have no wii lmao

i just do what feels natural with sheik

it works for anther, and it works for me as sheik

also you'd be surprised how well the bouncing game works if you're dedicated to it, my marth and falco are equal but in different matchups...it's all about being able to adapt to a change in options while keeping the same mindset
Doing that mess's up the ability to react and punish instantly w/o thinking.
ie Programing your brain to auto punish. I am currently learning that and I am learning many ways to do that so it wont be predictable.

Another thing is it mess's up your tech skill.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i also just play with whatever my heart says

i know how to be unpredictable after years of exp lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well I'm pleased, after looking at all of the frame data on everyone I've been able to make 25 different groups each group having only one set of numbers that would require you to remembered if for some reason why you thought it was needed (I don't care about low tier at all...).

So now instead of having the "Sheik Ftilt Frame Advantage Against Meta Knight Chart" we now have the "Sheik Ftilt Frame Advantage Against Meta Knight, Pikachu, Luigi, and Kirby ..Chart!"

Although the numbers aren't EXACTLY the same for all of them (in the group above that's kirby) there isn't any more then 1% different and better yet that 1% difference doesn't happen until you get some decay going.

Anyways the groups

Group 1
Meta Knight
Kirby
Pikachu
Luigi

Group 2
Olimar
Falco

Group 3
Sheik
Zelda
... Isn't that a big surprise

Group 4
Ice climbers
Toon Link

Group 5
Ness
Lucas
Pit
Sonic

Group 6
Lucario
Ivysaur

Group no one is going to care about
Link
Ike
CAPTAIN FALCON

Group 8
Yoshi
Wario

Group 9
Ganodorf
Charizard

Group 10
Snake
King Dedede

The chart I used to separate them into their groups.
http://i33.tinypic.com/1j3txs.jpg
I later went back and check the decay but I didn't feel the need to make a completely new chart.

edit: as time go on I may start making the groups larger but more study is needed before I start doing that. This is though the foundation and it wont change

edit: HA, do to my human error we may have another group already the squirtle and game and watch group. I input the wrong frame adv for the 5 frame adv on squirtle

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Group no one is going to care about " is my favorite.
if i was a brawl character i'd totally join that group.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i heard case closed is amazing

i dont wanna read the manga though LOL it's longer than one piece...

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
SO I am considering picking up Sheik Shaq. Discuss?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
How do you guys play sheik online?!
OH
MAI
GAWD
just memorize how it feels to play in lag

dont go for long tilt locks, just do 1 or 2 ftilts before doing a follow up

(if ur doing a sheik ditto or playing against fox wolf sheik or ike u can tilt lock them by just mashing A, but i still wouldn't recommend it)

basically since it's laggy, you can go for a LOT of stuff that people will never see coming, like autocancel fairs in someone's face or random dacus. just like how sometimes we get randomly hit by lucario's fully charged aura sphere just because it's laggy. therefore, playing sheik on wifi needs a high risk playstyle cuz u kinda HAVE TO lose ur patience sometimes and just randomly dash attack to throw off someone's rhythm. patient characters, however, like olimar and lucario will naturally have the advantage on wifi, especially olimar cuz you can't really needle camp him.

i can still beat olimars by staying in their face though :p

jab spam works really well

to those of u who think talking about sheik on wifi is useless: it will still help ur understanding of sheik so its better to just play ppl on wifi when u dont have anyone else around.

saviorslegacy

How do you guys play sheik online?!
OH
MAI
GAWD
Yah, my reactions are just as fast but she never performs what I want. I end up messing up a Boost Walk with a FSmash, full hoping, not pivoting when I jump, not DACUSing, messing up the rare Needle Boost, destroying my buffer game and my spacing (the foot of her Bair is the only thing that should touch them).

I hate playing online.
Fox for some reason is pretty easy though :3
Magic, drugs, and a little bit of the force goes a long way when using sheik online.
yes master Yoda
i wanna mod the sheik boards lol
Get in line :3

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Speaking of war, I'm thinking of joining the military.

I'm getting rather pissed at my own lack of discipline, although joining one of the military branches would more or less mean the end of smash for me. =(

saviorslegacy

Speaking of war, I'm thinking of joining the military.

I'm getting rather pissed at my own lack of discipline, although joining one of the military branches would more or less mean the end of smash for me. =(
#1 It will end your Smash career.
You can still talk to me though. :)

#2 My dad, my dads dad, his dad and at least all of the way to the civil war has served.
It's kind of a tradition. How unfortunate that the Baker family missed the Iraqy war (we had only one male of age and he didn't want to serve).
My family is very patriotic, with most male member either serving in the Police force or have been in the Marine Coprs.
I plan on up holding that legacy.

We have proof that our family was over in America before the Revolution.
However, we have no idea if the family has served in both the Revolution and the War of 1812. I would like to think so though.

ps You should see the very rare get together (coughgunsgalorecough). I plan on getting a Desert Eagle here soon. That would be my fourth gun. ;)

#3 The military is very very exciting, and real.
Don't become an infantry men, there are to many horrors. Someone has to do it though..... and my heart goes out to them.
My uncle served as a Vietnamese Sniper. It literally drove him out of his mind. If you ever mention that war he curls up (mentally), will stop talking and usually leave. I've never heard them from him but his wife has told us about him shooting children, eating bugs and hiding in a swamp all night.

Instead be smarter like my popa and go into a technical position.
He worked on F-18 fighter jets. Here is a video of him on his last days on VMFA Trip Trey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzYsintagE (he's the second man in the vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PEf1BujD88 (his nick name was Harry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8C3E4RrKww (his Squad getting shut down) I was born around that time at that base.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6rrvPXPYtI (a music video for Trip Trey)
He served in Desert Storm.

#4 Don't be a Swaby and join the Navy. <,<
Be a Jar Head and join the Marine's.

#5 Never call a Marine a Jar Head unless you want to see how they got that Marine title. :dizzy:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Seeing as how not much has advanced since I disappeared for a month, I'm gonna disappear again. See you in November.

saviorslegacy

To be honest I'm not at all surprise in the slightest about your family history. In fact I already assumed you had some military background

Anyways my grandfather was a navy man and we are very similar personally wise so I was thinking about joining the navy as well. -,-
Why is that?

lol, that was a joke.
For some reason there is a rivalry between the to branch's. <,<
I think it has to deal with the Corps. coming off of the Navy as an elite and the Navy thinks they aren't Elite anymore that they are equal or something like that.
Seeing as how not much has advanced since I disappeared for a month, I'm gonna disappear again. See you in November.
see ya then
Wait... 10chars?
How did you dodge that?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to go with Ankoku on this one....

That reminds me: I need to find somewhere to learn how to play melty blood.

Top Bottom