• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Here's a sample:

Jab->Short:
A fast safe poke that links to kill moves at higher percents
Definitely one of my favorite moves with sheik. At frame two it's crazy fast it always combo's into the second hit which I call a "short". It's a great way to interrupt a lot of would be combos and attempted grab set ups and stuff.

It's range can make it a good too for shield pressure against a lot of the cast even from the front if you space it correctly. you can use it to bait shield grabs. against horrible characters like Yoshi you don't even have to worry about being shield grabbed at all. :) if you throw out one jab spaced well most characters can't do anything to punish it. From behind, well can you say ****? I haven't met a character yet that can punish you for spamming a jab short chain on their shield from behind most have to roll away or something since spot dodging will be punished with a grab or a jab or a tilt or something. if you are feeling lucky you can go for a grab after the jab short from behind.

Once you start getting to higher percents jab short will combo into: 140ish it combos into itself true, 180ish dsmash true, 190ish nair and tilts true. Knowing all of these options is important because DI really effects what you can connect with. You can connect with these combos earlier but that's if your opponent isn't DIing down and shielding or doesn't have some crazy fast aerials. with practice you should be able to judge what you need to do to connect an attack if you can connect one at all. jab->short chains into buffered running nair is too sexy and is very hard to evade once you get past 140.

While not true at low percent you can get grabs pretty safely since most characters don't have options fast enough to get past the grab armor. Characters that do a 1 frame and 2 frame jab/aerial characters and frame 1 invul characters and frame two save my life attacks like snakes nades and charizard's rock smash; characters like these you can mix in shields for shield grabs when you expect an attack.

Used as an out of shield option instead of grabs, jab is great. it has really good range. you can buffer a turn around for enemies attacking from behind. and it can set up few true kill combos better than grab ever could. The con is it takes almost twice as long assuming you didn't Psheild.

Judo777

Smash Master
utilt doesn't combo into grab. and fair wouldnt combo at higher percents. and a chain lock isnt a death combo. not sure about the others but those arent 0-deaths right there

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
utilt can combo into grab at like 10-15 ish?

fair starts to combo into jab at like 15. fair has decent hit stun.

chain is stupid.

EDIT:
Oh. My. Goodness. Watch light's sheik. so good~

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
It is weight dependent.
Last time I checked I was u-tilting> grab on a Yoshi main the escapes my f-tilt lock.
0 - 30 is usually the cap. That is... if you don't decay. Then you can get really absurd with your combo's.

Judo777

Smash Master
yea i knew it combos at like 15 percent but we cant kill wario at 15 percent. fair definitely shouldnt combo over like 60 or so. The only possible thing i can see is ftilt but im still not sure if even that combos. And the pivot grab lock is stupid because it takes a **** year to rack up any amount of dmg and if u screw up once not only does he get out but you also just charged his waft.

saviorslegacy

yea i knew it combos at like 15 percent but we cant kill wario at 15 percent. fair definitely shouldnt combo over like 60 or so. The only possible thing i can see is ftilt but im still not sure if even that combos. And the pivot grab lock is stupid because it takes a **** year to rack up any amount of dmg and if u screw up once not only does he get out but you also just charged his waft.
If you repeat the action a lot you get DECAY. Ever seen the Swan Combo? Fair shouldn't be hitting them that little bit of a distance, but it is.

Judo777

Smash Master
the only problem is a combo involving 2 moves repeated each move can only have a max decay of 5 at any one time since 9 is the max number of decay

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
/rollseyes

Its way easier to try something out than to debate on paoer. if it doesn't work for you don't use it.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yea, the DDD matchup is awful. Hbox and Seibrik destroy both my Zelda and Sheik. I get so annoyed with that character.

As far as FL never being your state James, of course it's yours. It certainly isn't mine by any stretch, You can't say your not a great Sheik because you are most definitely a great Sheik. Redhalberd does that to many a person. He's a bad man. You certainly can't judge yourself off one experience with him.

I still hate DDD.

iLight

Smash Lord
I love fighting D3, if your good at shield dash's to p-sheild their bairs and f-tilts you can do a lot in this match up through camping and patience and looking for patterns. I tend to grab A LOT in this match up

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
MLG should pick up SSBB, if they do in 2010 ill love them and go to (if they do it) MLG DC

If they dont put brawl on their 2010 circuit, ima be pissed and start to troll their boards

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I really think there are only about 10 Sheik players that post on the Sheik boards to begin with. XD

MissionxStar

Smash Rookie
While Shiek is a secondar of mine. (I just started using her) I must say that she is great fun. I'm still trying to work on that vanish glide, but everything else I can just about do.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Are we really only about 10 strong? They gotta all be hiding in the shadows. Come out you guys!
No.
10shrouds

edit: MLG for brawl?! Ok maybe I'll stick around then. Wtf took so long anyway? Any chance melee will be MLG too?

On another note, youtube needs more vids of Light's current sheik. Anyone agree?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I agree. You can learn a lot from him. he needs to dacus less though. same with ed.

saviorslegacy

No.
10shrouds

edit: MLG for brawl?! Ok maybe I'll stick around then. Wtf took so long anyway? Any chance melee will be MLG too?

On another note, youtube needs more vids of Light's current sheik. Anyone agree?
Maybe
I just want to see his punishing idea's.

Top Bottom