• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
and yes Sheik has advanced recently...

I plan on making a HUGE advancement in her game here soon.
Consider it an overlooked part of Sheik.

Judo777

Smash Master
I don't think you can really plan on making a huge advancement. Doesn't it really depend on how well the community uses is it as to how good it is. The biggest discovery as of late that i can think of was the DASC which really isnt that useful. I mean its good but how many times do people use that honestly?

saviorslegacy

I don't think you can really plan on making a huge advancement. Doesn't it really depend on how well the community uses is it as to how good it is. The biggest discovery as of late that i can think of was the DASC which really isnt that useful. I mean its good but how many times do people use that honestly?
-_-
F*ck the community.
If they don't use it that is their loss not mine.

Here is some advancements/bring it to ya ATTN since the begining of the school year:

finding f-tilt advantages (some recently)
Needle Boosting (in which people did know about... some)
stomp (<3 and I knew about it though....)
DACUS combo's
ducking under attacks (needs finished... sigh)
DASC (useless)
Grab Release Ledge Cancel (a new thing that I found that I am not expanding on any further until I get all my data put together, don't want to much hype about 0 - deaths.... yet)
Moon Dashing (d-tilt approaching basically)
Needle Lock set ups (not releasing them yet cuz people will use it against me/Sheik)
Reverse Chain Ground Lock
KO set ups from Vanish (my next big project)
Boost Walking (basically a God AT right here that everyone ignore) (CRASHiC and I have discussed it a lot, and it is VERY useful)
my idea's on juggling (seriosly, y'all need to do it)
how to keep people off of the stage better
(and) a Chain Camp list

I have also been working on finding weakness's in match ups that Sheik can exploit to give her an advantage.
Oh, and I need to make a list showing who can be Chain Camped at the ledge.

Yep, there has been NO advancement for Sheik. We should all switch to MK since he is progressing faster. <,<

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
boost walk is actually really good. I may try and implement it into my game.

lmao @ the name stomp and that who deal. I've been using that and talking about it since brawl came out. I'm really mad no one reads my posts, lol.

saviorslegacy

boost walk is actually really good. I may try and implement it into my game.

lmao @ the name stomp and that who deal. I've been using that and talking about it since brawl came out. I'm really mad no one reads my posts, lol.
I do :(
I knew about it because of you.

The community= vid or it didn't happen

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
remember those me versus IC vids... yeah... yeah... yeah.

No one watched em really though. They are all purty bad though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I also got into the works a guide to understanding decay and how to use it with sheik. I already finished the beginner part which constant of 6 pictures and 800+ words but it's super easy to read and with no numbers in it.

Sadly the guide is only 1/3 the way done if that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol... the stuff i come up with is all tactical ♥

thank u guys for ur little inputs though, they all help sometimes. but u guys honestly really need to start about things with a more tactical mindset

cuz savior, many of the things ur listing are irrational. and tristan, sometimes u just gotta feel how many ftilts u should use before comboing. cuz some chars like marth peach or ness are just gonna get out no matter what. for example against marth's i've found that i should ftilt once and nair, or if i wanna bait out a dolphin slash (very risky) i ftilt twice and then shield. then i usmash him after he dolphin slashes :D

TACTICAL!!!

IMO.... what you guys should be discussing.... is which matchups to use zelda in LOL!!!

what i've considered so far:

ic's, pikachu, ike

use zelda for KO's if i'm feeling desperate: peach, marth, ddd

(i would switch only if the character isnt a character that ***** zelda. for example i would never switch against a snake, thats just stupid.)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Use zelda?!

My zelda is So~ bad... ugg. I use her verus pika. I'd go sheilk verus Ike. jiggs for ICs or stay sheik and just don't get grabbed. Zelda for pika definitely cuz then after chain grab percent you can switch if you need to,

I still think zelda is over rated versus ICs blizzard out ranges everything you have and you have no way to counter/ approach through it. fsmash spam isn't going to cut it .Like I said before, my zelda is far from amazing but Xfactor addapted his game to get around zelda wait and bait game. and I never found a strong way through that. with sheik at least I have speed needles and pivot grab.
Jigg I can stall.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm ur probably right

blizzard is too good : (

imma find a way though hahah

and yea i didnt really mean that ike statement, i just lost to a semi-laggy ike on AIB and it hurt my spirit lols

but sheik got this

how do u deal with thunder jolt using zelda?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
lol... the stuff i come up with is all tactical ♥

thank u guys for ur little inputs though, they all help sometimes. but u guys honestly really need to start about things with a more tactical mindset

cuz savior, many of the things ur listing are irrational. and tristan, sometimes u just gotta feel how many ftilts u should use before comboing. cuz some chars like marth peach or ness are just gonna get out no matter what. for example against marth's i've found that i should ftilt once and nair, or if i wanna bait out a dolphin slash (very risky) i ftilt twice and then shield. then i usmash him after he dolphin slashes :D

TACTICAL!!!

IMO.... what you guys should be discussing.... is which matchups to use zelda in LOL!!!

what i've considered so far:

ic's, pikachu, ike

use zelda for KO's if i'm feeling desperate: peach, marth, ddd

(i would switch only if the character isnt a character that ***** zelda. for example i would never switch against a snake, thats just stupid.)
...Chok I've been feeling out how many Ftilts I can do before hitting them away for a very long time and still do it to this today. I don't memorize **** like "at 77% we can Ftilt into fair on Snake at 0.9 decay" I learn just learn the basics set of numbers of the fresh set of that weight class, round those to something easy to learn like 70% and then add like 7% for each decay level I THINK I'm on. Unless you do a tilt lock you are NEVER going to go beyond the 4th decay. Even if it's a character that I don't give a **** about and know nothing as far as decay wise I can just take logical guesses from the logical guesses from when they will die from tipper usmash and get the general idea of what group they would be in and do set ups that I think will work.

I'm doing the same thing as you Chok but after I've study the numbers.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If ICs are using blizzard, just walk out of its range and Din's.

Against thunder jolt, you have to mix up nayru's, shield, or jump over it or else Pika can predict and possibly punish.

I use all Zelda against ICs and Pika. I use Zelda for KOs against DDD, Peach, Diddy, sometimes Wario, and sometimes MK.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm good choices stealth

why diddy? hm i dont know that matchup very well... my zelda gets ***** :(

haha i kno this is the sheik boards but can u explain to me what u do with zelda against diddy?

as for wario, i usually just try to grab him and GR usmash

if hes not in range to get grabbed i just needle him till he approaches LOL and if he keeps taking too much damage, he usually just approaches w/ something and i trade with fair/nair/bair which will kill him if he took too much needle damage

i get off on warios all dai with sheik haha

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'd Psheild thunder jolt. naryu's in't too too bad for this one projectile because it moves so slow and once reflected it can actually slow down an approach from pika.

wario is cake to kill get a grab.
Diddy is a demon with nanners and zelda has a hard time getting through them in my experience.

most ICs will dsync bliz approach. dins is horribly easy to punish so you have to be careful. I really don't like using zelda for any match. the only reason I use her for pika is because my shiek does so well against pika bar the 0->100 chaingrab. after I'm clear of that I can get so many stocks off!

We should combine the zelda and sheik threads.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yea i agree

it'd make us overall a lot more active and productive

hm desynch blizz approach is less scary to me than synched for some reason. though i'm probably wrong LOL

the thing is, like... what pika players like axe do in melee is full hop forward and thunder jolt so that pika is right there when the jolt is about to hit them. in brawl i'm afraid of this. it's aggressive but relatively safe against zelda

so even if i pshield i can still get hit

im not sure if this approach works in brawl but i'd imagine it does which is why i get scared/confused against that move

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I only switch to Zelda against Wario if I'm having trouble getting a grab on him.

In my experience, the Diddy match-up is a lot easier with Zelda than Sheik. Zelda can reflect bananas and she has an AMAZING glide toss. You just have to watch out for his banana combos. Plus, Zelda also has a tilt lock on Diddy.

As Sheik, I find it really hard to get past Diddy's bananas.

saviorslegacy

Hmmmm....

*have Sheik walking
Hold analog at 10 o clock/ 2 o clock
hit up on the c-stick

You will perform a sliding u-tilt depending on if you take advantage of the boost of momentum after each step little trot.

"What can this do for us?"
You slide while performing u-tilt... how is that not useful?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Nvm guys. I probably won't pick up Sheik Shaq. I will probably stick with Marthin.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
just pick up the banana!! zelda gets wrecked so bad while trying to recover in this match up.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
SO~~

I'm back! I did purty bad as far as placing. but playing I'd like to think I did well. took a game off HRnut lost teh match due to me killing myself :) went 2-1 against Mero in another crazy close set.

Won against a sonic names Zip? Xip? cuz sonic is horrible and can't approach. He was good though :)

Played redhalbred. Oh. My. Goodness. kids' a monster! in our MM he three Owed me by a large margine. My spacing was really bad but he punished and baited and spaced better than any meta I;ve ever played threw me off.
Later in friendlies I got inside of his defence way~ better. still lost the match because of a lack of kill ops for shiek and no tap jump off for dacus. :( Got ahaead in damage early and he just stayed there.

So~ yeah I'm no longer claiming to be a "great sheik". I feel like I have a bit to learn before I can claim that. I mean; I know I'm crazy good right now. but I need to get to the point where I can beat these top level metas. Playing Red Ic an see it is defenitely possible. I'm just not at that level yet.

that said ED is a beast. If he is doing that well. (and I think he placed better than me in tourney) then I'll give him best sheik in FL for now. his zelda is too good too. Look out for this guy please. he's a monster and you can learn a lot from watching him.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!
I'm gonna start recording and posting way~ more. I don't like what I'm seeing in most sheiks. Tristan keeps talking about "A sheik to follow" so while I don't agree 100% with that ideology I feel like my sheik is another one that the community could learn from.

spacing and baiting are the most important parts but there are so many mix up and combos sheik can do that sheik mains are ignorant to; despite my mentioning them several times. lol.
In the near future. I'm going to write up a guide talking about sheik's options and the strengths of her moves and stuff... Maybe tomarrow since I'm sick and got the day off... maybe now.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
u got this <3

for the most part ur one of the guys here who talks about relevant stuff that actually helps me lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
a loss is a loss. I'm not that upset. I just feel like I need to step my junk up. Sheiks too **** sexy to be losing to MK.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Aye, you need at watch out for MK. On paper, he is **** good, but not unbeatable. Mid level MKs aren't too bad at all.

Then you face the top players, and god help you if you aren't really on top of your game.

saviorslegacy

i fear nothing except metaknight and wario...
*SL knows practically o - deaths on Wario even if on BF.

@bacon
*power shield approach

:EDIT:
<3, my dad just got back from Florida and he brought me something called "Holmes Beach Florida Chocolate Seashells". (I wanted a Sharks eye Seashell but owell.)
I honestly have to say that this is the best candy I have ever had in my entire life!

YOUR STATE HAS FREAKIN AWESOME CHOCOLATE!!!!!

saviorslegacy

we have a 0-death on wario thats practical?
yes
GR> (can walk left/right before the Fair) Fair> f-tilt> grab
GR> f-tilt> grab
GR> u-tilt> grab
GR> pummel> pivot grab
GR> footstool> Bair> f-tilt> grab
GR> Reverse Chain Lock
GR> USmash

Those are all of our good combo's. The fact that f-tilt combo's into grab makes this a lot easier than most would think. Even better, we have options like Bair and Fair that combo into f-tilt. When all else fails, jab x2> grab is Fast and Furious.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Florida will never be my state. I'll rep it for Brawl and Melee but not much else.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ed I gotta teach you the D3 match up. it really isn't bad at all. I beat Mampam's D3 in friendlies at gigs. I think sheik goes even with D3 at least.

Top Bottom