• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sheik is high tier and you all know it!

Also, <3 is black. We should lynch him. j/k man you know I love you (no homo).

BTW... if you high light my post to read this then you are dumb for ruining my fun. -_-

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I agree. You can learn a lot from him. he needs to dacus less though. same with ed.
Learn? I just want the entertainment. =P jk
lol my punishing ideas = jump in circles around someone till they drop their shield then back air them

or DACUS to punish
And you beat good players like this? No wai. I must see.

edit: I just became a fan of Armada's sheik after watching those sets again. Still think he's overhyped. =x but the MK wasn't as bad as I remembered, he just made some mistakes here and there. And I just became a fan of Scary's sheik. I'd like to see this guy get really good.

iLight

Smash Lord
lol rathy have you seen any of my recent videos, thats all i do pretty much haha, and its against UTDZac and a decent marth that was at Dphat's house when we had like a texas power ranking smash fest

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Learn? I just want the entertainment. =P jk

And you beat good players like this? No wai. I must see.

edit: I just became a fan of Armada's sheik after watching those sets again. Still think he's overhyped. =x but the MK wasn't as bad as I remembered, he just made some mistakes here and there. And I just became a fan of Scary's sheik. I'd like to see this guy get really good.
I has a fan! Yay! I still have a lot of wrinkles to iron out with my Sheik. That and m still picking my Zelda game up some more. I want so bad for my Zelda to be goo again. Maybe I should try less lol

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
lol rathy have you seen any of my recent videos, thats all i do pretty much haha, and its against UTDZac and a decent marth that was at Dphat's house when we had like a texas power ranking smash fest
No i haven't! which is why i said youtube needs more vids of your sheik. >=( Newest vids I can find are you getting owned by Espy 4 months ago. Point is, put vids up!!... please. =)

What, you don't like lynching?
You should give everything in life a try you know.
By that logic you should try suicide. >.>

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So last night I worked into the wee hours of the night in organizing the Ftilt frame advantage data and after everything was said and done I manage to create 11 groups. My research has cut from 38 set of numbers to now only 11.

I do believe that's progress.

iLight

Smash Lord
for those of you that didn't see since apparently there are still some of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jfzaG84Vg - Light(Sheik) vs UTDZac(G&W)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLOHhP_8wY&feature=related Light(Sheik) vs Sudai(ROB)
^^^^^ i don't play that hot in this one just like 1 cool dacus, I call 4am johns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuxMx263BKI&feature=related Light(Sheik) vs IDK(Marth)
^^^^^ we couldn't remember who the marth was, but it was pretty much a power ranking smashfest
still awesome though

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
i watched those after i read your post about that smash fest. =P I couldn't find them before because they don't sheik, brawl, or anything that could help me find them.

Good **** on those matches, but i'll just wait 'til the next major texas tourney that has vids to see how well your style really works. That is if you go all sheik.

saviorslegacy

I am usually very picky (even with myself).
I watch a video and say "okay, shoulda done that, shoulda done this" and I find myself not doing that very much with you.

The only thing I have to say is that you weren't getting those platform set up tippers on that G&W, you weren't D-Throwing much to try and set people onto platforms and you made just a few other itty bitty things that aren't worth mentioning.

If you want to push your game further though do more f-tilt> USmash (I know it's easier said than done) and more SH Nair OoS (I have it down to where I can hit a standing Pika with this).
Rather than that you just have to know how and when to punish certain MU.
Oh... and more Chain would also help you.

I know you didn't ask for critiquing but I gave it anyways.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can hit MK with shnair learn how to do it every time. I master stuff like that way before even considering dacus because it is much much more important.

I don't understand why people use Dthrow personally. please enlighten me.

saviorslegacy

you can hit MK with shnair learn how to do it every time. I master stuff like that way before even considering dacus because it is much much more important.

I don't understand why people use Dthrow personally. please enlighten me.
D-Throw forces an option close to you and unless they have multiple jumps you can follow an attempt to DI.
When they land they have one option and one option only... to attack.
They can prolong it by jumping and what have you but the still have to land.

Sheik has the ability to punish everything they do.
See my thread *the truth* for more information.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
thats true with as well fthrow and bthrow but they do more damage. dthrow scales so much more in knock back with percent and they still get out of hit stun before regardless of that knock back.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Here's the fruit of my labor. A complete grouping of every character from the frame advantage sheik obtains when she hits them with a Ftilt at any percentage and decay.
updated verison:

saviorslegacy

thats true with as well fthrow and bthrow but they do more damage. dthrow scales so much more in knock back with percent and they still get out of hit stun before regardless of that knock back.
Yes but it is so much easier to DI out of those so that Sheik can't punish them with anything but Needle's... a simple combo ender.
I would rather punish with either another grab or a move that combo's into a grab.
Here's the fruit of my labor. A complete grouping of every character from the frame advantage sheik obtains when she hits them with a Ftilt at any percentage and decay.

cool
wait... what?
him lost

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yes but it is so much easier to DI out of those so that Sheik can't punish them with anything but Needle's... a simple combo ender.
I would rather punish with either another grab or a move that combo's into a grab.
why's that so bad? with dthrow you can't get needles, you can't get anything all the have to do is jump and watch how you follow up. dthrow some one at like 60% and try to follow up. fthrow you are out of lag before them so they can't jump they have to dodge or try to DIing down puts them in a bad position as you already mentioned. if you use fthrow a punch it keeps putting them closer to you. test it out. (I have ;) )

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I like dthrow at low percent. Maybe its because everyone, but a very small group of people know how to play against sheik, but people usually dodge into the ground which lets me grab them or they aerial, i sheild and grab. Sorta like a psuedo cg on some stages. Even if they double jump its works for me. I find people being in the air is advantageous for sheik.

Can't wait for the complete sheik f-tilt data list so I can get to memorizing. lol

iLight

Smash Lord
yeah rathy, thats what I do too and once you condition people into thinking you will do that or jump and aerial them its really easy to get a kill later on with D-throw chase their DI > u-smash

but so yeah rathy since you saw my vids now see what i mean about how i just jump in circles and punish lol

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
yeah rathy, thats what I do too and once you condition people into thinking you will do that or jump and aerial them its really easy to get a kill later on with D-throw chase their DI > u-smash

but so yeah rathy since you saw my vids now see what i mean about how i just jump in circles and punish lol
Yeah, but stop making it sound so easy. >.> lol I can do the jumping around in circles part, but the punishing part is going to take a little more practice for me. I want to say that sooner or later people are going to catch on, but if they stop taking your bait you can just punish them in different ways, probably even worse.

@ <3: Just try it on people. Some of my friends don't escape the next grab until I mess up, but that's partly them being really ********. I find it nice at 0 percent, because by the time I'm done there at a percent where its safe to ftilt.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dthrow does like 5 damage fresh. o.0

I'ma test some stuff out now, give fthrow and Bthrow a test. same idelogy except you have to run forward.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
That's the only part that sucks. lol

Hmmm... looks like there a lot of us in a small little area. Technically I am mid west but I am right at the East Coast West Coast border. Maybe we'll all meet up someday at a tourney.
I'm down. Pic a tourney that's good for you in nyc and I can probably be there.
edit: you aren't planning to subject me to any slave labor (sheik testing) are you?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
so on a completely unsheik related note Majora's Mask is quickly becoming my favorite zelda game. Just all of the little things they put into this game ya know...

Rathy if you are talking to me nope. I got it.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
nah i was talking to saviors.

With the exception of twilight princess i've never played any zelda games and I barely played that one. I've heard a lot of ppl say majora's mask is the most fun though.

iLight

Smash Lord
i rented majora's mask once, wasn't that huge a fan. my favorite zelda was Link's awakening, that game took so long to beat lol, especially if you actually played it and didn't follow some guide or something, which would ruin the game

@rathy lol sorry i always make it sound easy, i mean at this point for me, it really is. but if i make a mistake i get punished hard, thats the downfall of my strategy, because generally i play spaced at mid range the entire game almost regardless of who i'm fighting

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
links awakening was really really good. I also love LOVE a Link to the Past. That was an amazing game.

iLight

Smash Lord
lol, well the main people I worry about in tournament now are pretty much like Dojo(who's MIA for one reason or another) Gnes(who i may do ok against since i've been training so hard to beat diddy), DMG b/c he runs hard with wario, Dphat because we always play and he usually wins, PX because he's like super retardedly smart with wario.

So I could potentially reach top 5 and higher if say I only fight one of those semi-late into winners potentially win/lose and then not have to fight one until some type of semis/finals

also like i said lol, my strategy involves me playing perfectly with no mistakes or bad things happen because i'm doing so much at one time and keeping track of like 8 things in my head to make sure I can properly punish

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
lol, well the main people I worry about in tournament now are pretty much like Dojo(who's MIA for one reason or another) Gnes(who i may do ok against since i've been training so hard to beat diddy), DMG b/c he runs hard with wario, Dphat because we always play and he usually wins, PX because he's like super retardedly smart with wario.

So I could potentially reach top 5 and higher if say I only fight one of those semi-late into winners potentially win/lose and then not have to fight one until some type of semis/finals

also like i said lol, my strategy involves me playing perfectly with no mistakes or bad things happen because i'm doing so much at one time and keeping track of like 8 things in my head to make sure I can properly punish
I must misquote and sig this.

edit:
I [will] reach top 5 and higher [at HOBO]
fixed

stealth3654

Smash Lord
LOL, Nice avatar Chok :).

I really like all of the LoZ games that I played. It's hard for me to pick a favorite.

Top Bottom