• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I'm down. Pic a tourney that's good for you in nyc and I can probably be there.
edit: you aren't planning to subject me to any slave labor (sheik testing) are you?
IDK when I can make it to a tourney.
I should be getting a car here soon so I will be attending tournies by this summer I hope.

Also, I should have most testing for Sheik done by then. I have a few more projects to do and then I'll be out of idea's. That is unless something new comes up... but I don't see what that something would be... I've pretty much explored everything.
links awakening was really really good. I also love LOVE a Link to the Past. That was an amazing game.
*I found an original LoZ: LA for GB about 2 years ago. Along with Fusion, Z Zero 1, Golden Sun, Boktai 2 and Megaman Battle Network 1.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
New sheik main here looking to be accepted on the board.
Now to write in Haiku format

Hi I am Dphat
I want to start maining Sheik
HAHA I'm Trollining to get really good with sheik
Great! This is the perfect place for that. I'm guessing you know the basic sheik stuff, but if you don't there's plenty of stickies to help you out. I think best way to improve aside from just playing is putting up vids to be critiqued.

Hope you enjoy your stay on the sheik boards. =)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Great! This is the perfect place for that. I'm guessing you know the basic sheik stuff, but if you don't there's plenty of stickies to help you out. I think best way to improve aside from just playing is putting up vids to be critiqued.

Hope you enjoy your stay on the sheik boards. =)
Oh snap thx for the edit/fix but it would break the haiku format but yeah thinking about picking up sheik or fox for fun and thanks for the welcome.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ah, a new face. Welcome to the Sheik boards Dphat here we don't mind stupid/noob questions just as long as you post them in the Q&A or in its respectable thread. Most of our members are intelligent, post often, and are nice so I bet you will feel right at home.

^_^

..Just don't say anything like "Sheik is mid tier" and people will welcome you with open arms.

iLight

Smash Lord
Ah, a new face. Welcome to the Sheik boards Dphat here we don't mind stupid/noob questions just as long as you post them in the Q&A or in its respectable thread. Most of our members are intelligent, post often, and are nice so I bet you will feel right at home.

^_^

..Just don't say anything like "Sheik is mid tier" and people will welcome you with open arms.

omg don't incite him to ask stupid questions, and dphat if dphat has legit questions about sheik i'll probably just tell him over AIM

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I posted waaaaaaaaaaaaay back somewhere that i think sheik is B tier material. :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd help but there are never any tournaments in colorado. >_<
okay, that's an exaggeration.
maybe 1 every 3 months.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'd help but there are never any tournaments in colorado. >_<
okay, that's an exaggeration.
maybe 1 every 3 months.
not to pick on u, but statements like this get on my nerves. if there's no smash scene look harder. if there's really none make 1. if no one good is there teach ppl. if u can go 2 tourneys then no johns.

on a lighter note: it turns out LI has an active smash scene so i'll be getting 2 my 1st legit tourny b4 poly brawl. yay!! and Will(best DK) plays brawl where i do. haven't played him yet though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
not to pick on u, but statements like this get on my nerves. if there's no smash scene look harder. if there's really none make 1. if no one good is there teach ppl. if u can go 2 tourneys then no johns.
umm okay soo...

I never said there wasn't a mash scene.
BUT, let's just pretend for a second that there isn't one: Sure, i'll just handcuff people to their wiis and forcibly make them practice brawl.
john john john john john john john john john john.

Oh and Antarctica was my favorite part about that map.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
i've found that smash is so popular that ppl naturally want 2 get good everywhere. when i was in hs i got ppl to hold mini tournies and taught most of them the basics of their chars.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ATTN: STEALTH

If you get time to check the boards while you are there. Look for Mata, GDX, Fearless, Raz and I think Spike? They are my crew that went up in my stead. Try and get some matches in with them.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
ATTN: STEALTH

If you get time to check the boards while you are there. Look for Mata, GDX, Fearless, Raz and I think Spike? They are my crew that went up in my stead. Try and get some matches in with them.
Sorry, did not get a chance to look at smash boards. I did play Mata and his team mate in doubles, and I played Fearless and Raz in doubles. I also played GDX in pools (but I didn't go Sheik :().

Once I get a guaranteed ride to Winterfest, I will see you all there. :)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I think I'm gonna play a really good DK today, any tips on how to not get *****? Should I bother transforming?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Don't go to Yoshi's Island [Brawl].

If you can get them off the edge, and they haven't up-b'ed yet, start your fair a split second earlier, so the angle is downward. DK =/= Vertical Recovery.

Oh yeah, don't get spiked. He has a billion and six moves that do that. I guess that essentially means is don't get hit.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I play really good DKs regularly lol

Don't run into his shield aggressively. Needles are your friend in this matchup, so don't be afraid to retreat for some distance and camp with needles. Projectiles will really annoy the DK especially if he doesn't have platforms to use in his approach. He can't close the distance quickly once you start sending needles his way regularly so you should be able to get some openings and damage this way.

In my experience it helps to maintain distance this way for the most part and have him get used to this pacing. Once you see a decent opening, say perhaps if the DK decides to use bair approaches and is rather close to you as is, u can go in with a shield dash. You need to work on getting that grab on him. After the grab, dthrow, fthrow, bthrow all work well. Once thrown and in the air, don't get hasty and cautiously approach. If he airdodges, WIN. Start the juggling, perhaps with another grab or ftilt at low %.

First time you put him in ftilt lock I suggest you keep it as long as you can and see if he UpB's out of it, which he can. Most good DKs with Sheik experience will know this. A lot, surprisingly, don't If he doesn't, grats the match has become that much easier. If he in fact does UpB out of your ftilt lock, he's gonna shoot for one of the edges so he can have a safe landing by grabbing the edge., so run after him on the ground and intercept his landing with ftilt. If you caught him, this can very well end in a gimp:

The Swam Combo works very well on DK. His aerials aren't fast enough to escape, so his only real option is upB, which just resets the situation. If you caught him with ftilt on the edge, repeat maybe 1-2 more ftilts until u got him high enough so you can then sh fair. Since he's off the edge now and fair hit him downward, you can usually walk off the edge with an fair, then sh fair him again and then recover with vanish or chain. I recommend chain if you can, so you can keep yourself hanging. Depending on % and DI, the DK may have been sent too low to recover at this point so his upB will just get to the stage but be too low to get above, and your chain will hog the edge.

IF this gimp becomes a possibility, as in the setup are made, go for it as this is the earliest you're gonna kill DK. He is pretty much the heaviest class in the game so simple power KO's with Sheik won't go so smoothly. In fact in this match-up I use usmash to damage, not KO, since killing DK upards won't happen until 150% or so anyway. I prefer hitting him off sides and intercepting. Usmash also has that special double-hitbox if timed right to do 30% damage.

When offstage and recovering, watch DK's upB.. it has good priority, ESPECIALLY the beginning of it... which also has good knockback and can gimp you when you try to gimp him. Sheik's aerials do indeed hit DK out of his upB, but requires specific timing and spacing and it's risky.

So, to sum it all up:

- Play campy with needles as much as you can -> pressure and damage DK, while also preventing him from building up his momentum or setting the pace
- Look for openings to rush in with a shield and grab.
- Once you get control, keep him in the air with his front facing you, and juggle him as much as you can. Test for upB escape. If he escapes, follow.
- Go for swan combo, especially near edge to continue off stage for a gimp.
- If DK ever regains neutral grounding versus you, retreat and camp needles.

PS. The DK may get angry at your needle camping, since it will most definitely irritate him. Keep in mind though, that this is a necessary tactic as Sheik vs DK, as he can kill you no sweat under 100% while you have to get him to 150% or so minimum on average to get a clean KO. You have projectiles, he doesn't. Use them. xD

I think that covers up everything... although I think I got ahead of myself and posted an entire essay.

EDIT: Oh Oh Oh! If he EVER gets you in his cargo hold, usually meaning he wants to stage spike you, don;t mash buttons. Simply hold the control stick up. Holding the control stick up when DK has you in cargo hold provides the same input as mashing buttons perfectly. This will ensure you get out of his cargo hold as fast as possible.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If DK grabs you near a ledge when you are at a high enough %. The DK will have enough time to cargo spike you. The only way out of this is to tech the stage spike and get back on stage. If you are feeling gutsy, you can tech the stage spike and attempt to gimp DK. When DK attempts a cargo spike, his double jump and up B barely make it back up to the stage.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
There's more info your post than in our match up discussion of DK. XD STEALTH, copy this post into the OP of the matchup guide.

Thanks dmt, ****'s gonna be mad useful. I may only get 1 or 2 stocked now. lol

edit: thanks stealth, I've never succesfully teched the spike, but todays as good a day as any to learn. lol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I never really mind fighting DKs. You just can't play risky, and you have to beware the range they have with their smashes, tilts and that darn downB. They have a lot of options when you are approaching them, so I recommend needles to force them to approach. There is no need for you to approach DK, in fact any time you do approach, being with the intention's to grab or dash attack, it should be random and unexpected. That's why it's important to set the pace with need;es and have the DK get used to the camp. A random Sheik dashing in out of nowhere is gonna be THAT much faster when the DK has gotten used to you simply running away and needling.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I love fighting DK, he's in my top 5 fav characters to fight with sheik due to the fact that both can combo and can kill fairly well.

It's a **** or be ***** match up.

Top Bottom