• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/28/09 GIGABITS - A Smashing Good Brawl

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Maybe it is a good thing that I didn't go. My parents would have freaked out. :laugh:

Oh, did Seibrik find the guy who took the money that he won in MMs? >.>

Finch

Smash Lord
Pretty much every time I hear about a brawl tournament running way too long there's a complaint about not enough setups. For 140 people to enter and only 14 people bring setups is just ********.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Good tourney =D
Shoutouts-
Masky: Thank you soo much for being there for my matches, your wario is broke just wished i had beaten Rx to play you in singles ;d
Rx: Great games, the MK fight is just stupid and I was actually shocked at how well i did. The games helped show me what i need to work on and helped get my name out there. Wish we had time to RoB ditto.
Red/blue Bracket Members; Great time hanging out w/ all of you in front of gigs, and thanks for those of you who rooted for me =D. (Friendly reminder ^__^ Come to PHB Apr 11th)
GDX for Live streaming this (are you going to be posting the streamed vids again like last gigs?)

---
Note;
Staff was the poops (cept the awesome guy. They didnt give two ****s about the tournament and seemed only interested in picking fights with brawl players. Ridiculing them for playing brawl and being as uncooperative as possible. I know it must be hard being there for a good 20 hours, but they started being ***** right at the get go. Something as simple as someone trying to correct a name pronunciation and staff completly ignoring it. How the hell are we supposed to know when our matches are if you keep us calling us by a completly different name. Op-ness turned into open snes. Gwabs turned into Guava...This in combination with poor organization gave players a bad taste in their mouths.
/end rant

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was the first brawl tourney I've enter seriously in like 3 or so months, and I had a good time!!!

Especially just hanging out and socializing with everyone!!!

Namely BigLou, Gmoney, Masky, Nick Riddle, Chops, Seibrik and Sheer!!!

It's weird though for me going from a community (still a smash one) where everyone pretty much knows who I am (melee) and coming to this, and finding that only a few brawlers know me!!!

It was cool meeting new guys though!!!

:)

:colorful:

Zoro

Smash Champion
QDVS you gotta be extra generic and gay in brawl

then all the brawl players will say wow what skill i wish i was as skilled as that guy being skillful
then all the brawl players will look up your vids and be like o snap so thats how he wins
and think they are all good and stuff cuz brawl on the surface is retardedly stupid and simple but underneath its actually quite complex with its complex picking of metaknight and dedede and its complex actually playing the game more than 5 mins at tournaments. They will not win using ur methods because ultimately they are noobies and you are far superior with ur superior skill. Noobies like zoro will try to copy your skill but like i said it is way too complex for them.People like hungrybox only make it look like all they do is grab and bair off the stage but in reality hes doing a complicated process that only he knows. (kidding juan)

im sorry i cant help it:laugh:

anyway i feel like playing more brawl for fun
I like watchin reflex be nastee with terrible characters

DC

Smash Cadet
The best part of the tournament for me was commentating on the matches for 7 hours straight. Hope you guys had fun cuz I did!

I'll be at Zero Ping next Sat and at Tallahassee on 4/11! Also going to APEX in June!

(I never post on Smashboards, check my join date)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
gigs could have been ran 10000x better but it thier fault for no encouraging people to bring tvs. thye liek literally only say BRING SET UPS Once b4 the day of the tourney. if they had like 25 tv toruney would had lasted till 12 am latest. they just need to use common sense.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The best part of the tournament for me was commentating on the matches for 7 hours straight. Hope you guys had fun cuz I did!

I'll be at Zero Ping next Sat and at Tallahassee on 4/11! Also going to APEX in June!

You did a great job. I was just joking on the livesteam last night about annoying commentators.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I can't wait till tally. Me an dbs baby. Ima host a tampa tourney this sat. Along wit a smash fest on friday. It night just be a big smashfest anyways. So as the dirtiest luigi, I will go pure luigi, **** style. If anyone saw me play yesterday, they can testify.

Holla at my bois from the glock, lio,dbs,masky,geoff, seib, nick,keith, sergio, carlos,lady, k, ed,polmex brother, co, mk, oh girl, tommy, amber, will luis joe rx big lou, luis, kalvin... anyone else I'm in love.

I can't wait to show the new luigi again, this time hulk mode. Fallin up bs on mks with style baby. Be warned, some have seen the power.

Co18, uknow, that was the ****t. Next time ima camp u hulk style, you'll see bro.

Mk18. U piece of **** :] lol fartin like a ***

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I can't wait till tally. Me an dbs baby. Ima host a tampa tourney this sat. Along wit a smash fest on friday. It night just be a big smashfest anyways. So as the dirtiest luigi, I will go pure luigi, **** style. If anyone saw me play yesterday, they can testify.

Holla at my bois from the glock, lio,dbs,masky,geoff, seib, nick,keith, sergio, carlos,lady, k, ed,polmex brother, co, mk, oh girl, tommy, amber, will luis joe rx big lou, luis, kalvin... anyone else I'm in love.

I can't wait to show the new luigi again, this time hulk mode. Fallin up bs on mks with style baby. Be warned, some have seen the power.

Co18, uknow, that was the ****t. Next time ima camp u hulk style, you'll see bro.

Mk18. U piece of **** :] lol fartin like a ***

T3h Albino

Smash Master

this man is a hero

Toneh

Smash Lord
just woke up haha.
full results???

it ran late bc there wasnt enough setups and people would keep walking off to watch others and not play their matches during the color'd brackets. One dude was gone for like 25 min. If that 5 minute rule was in place (or you get disqualified) it woulda ran faster. Everything else was fun though. I wish i could have listened to all of the commentating. Record that shizzz next time!

good meetin everyone :D. Awesome having all these ppl come out to gigs. it was cool watching reflex owning it up with pk trainer (on me too rofl) and wario. I got a long way to go lol.

-radiX

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
I choked so bad in singles that from now on I'm only doing doubles lol :mewtwo:

SHOUTOUTS;
Colbol and QDVS- ggs you guys. I need to work on getting back on stage because you two were ****** my recovery with up b. Ggs!!

8-Bit and Bonesaw- you guys had some really nice teamwork and it was really hard for me to get a grab on either of you. The first in winners you destroyed us but the second in losers was a much closer and more intense one. Ggs!!

Captain Falcon and Kirby team- ggs and I have a lot of respect for you for using the Captain lol.

Ed and Sugoi- you guys also had nice teamwork and insane DI. Some of the closest doubles matches I've had . I need to work on the 2v1 part of teams and getting the utilt kill out quicker. Ggs!!

Co18 and iRize- fun friendlies lol. I'm glad you two didnt unleash the mocko combo LOL. You guys are doing the ROB/ddd team justice. Its a really underrated team unfortunately. Ggs!!

Spike and mickey- nice friendlies. your team is sick considering that theyre both pretty terrible characters lol. Both of your off ledge games are awesome. Ggs and I'll see you two at the next gamezone tournament right?

Basic Sausage- youre funny as hell lol. Your ddd destroyed my marth T_T lol you should come to more gigs. Ggs!!

Reflex- cool as hell. It was awesome seeing your pt **** IRL. I wish we could have gotten some friendlies in :/ you and kismet did amazing. Gj!

Masky- you look so much like ANTHONY GREEN lol its insane. Nice Wario and epic wario waft kill lol.

TEECO- now we know what we need to work on :)

Ghaudephaede010- it was good seeing you again and thanks so much for the great tips!!

ZMT- youre a cool dude lol. Sucks you had to leave early though. friendlies next time?

I thought the tournament was ran beautifully lol :p

Can't wait for the next one!!

LadyLegion

Smash Ace

LOL Commentating was sooo fun! I loved how you complained about Action B@stard XD

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok, this gigs was the worse. i couldn't even compete because it was so late. and man it was hard getting any friendlies without being kicked out and such. next time, i'm just going to compete in doubles. if i can't find a teammate, then i'll just come for the fun of it. gigs, you guys rule and all, but this wasn't good this time.

Top Bottom