• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/28/09 GIGABITS - A Smashing Good Brawl

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
I think we all get it by now, this past gigs took forever and it was difficult at times to play friendlies. I didn't think they were very well prepared for the amount of people, but you gotta realize that running tournaments that size is no cake walk and I just hope gigabits took this past event as a learning experience. Besides all that, I still managed to have a good time and plan to go to the next one. Good games to everyone I played, I appreciate the experience I've gained from the various match ups I had and I know I still need lots more.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
More people need to bring setups!!!

Almost every gigs (melee or brawl), Rx and I bring like a 5th of the setups since we always bring 2 to 3 tvs!!!

More people need to step it up, even if each car brought 1 tv that would be MORE than enough!!!

:colorful:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
This tourny was fun in a way, especially when things started to settle down when Cecil the savior started getting things on track.

I would post shoutouts but seeing as I didn't do anything again at a tourny, people probably wouldn't recognize me.

I will shoutout to Reflex. You a cool dude. I wish I could played a friendly with you, but they way Gigs was run that wasn't going to happen.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Silvermine subs are awesome.
Cripple Creek ftw.
Yay for FINALLY getting knocked out at 6 in the morning. Tired johns!
Random Sonic Guy ftw!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
ha I saw u on the live feed polt

so how did that samus guy do that I gave my spot to in the final bracket? chaz's friend, sorry I didnt get your name.

only regret out of this was not playing otru in melee when I had the chance, I felt it was going to ruin my brawl vibe lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I recognize you D-torr!!!

It was fun hanging with you and hrnut at Silvermine!!!

:colorful:
Same here. Silvermine owns, Cripple Creek FTW. Chillin with everybody was so fun. I wasted 25 dollars only to play 5 sets and barely any friendlies (my main reason for showing), but being there with all that chaos was alright.

D-Torr, I was asking for you when I was watching the live feed, but you already left. =(
At what time? I say that because the TOs were seperated players from the different venues. I was at Silvermine while the livestream was obviously at Gigs. I did sneak in Gigs at like about 5 p.m. just to watch the final doubles bracket and partially participate with the livestream, but I eventually got kicked out. Oh and I didn't leave the tourny early. I was there til 7 in the morning, when like loser's finals was going on.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
LOL Commentating was sooo fun! I loved how you complained about Action B@stard XD
Yea...don't remind me X.x I feel bad for annoying them every now and then.
I end my boredom and tiredness on some random corner. Oh, yea and i took it on mckey and my falcon won...;p.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman

Hey guys I will apologize for how long this tournament took.

I took all the steps I could think of an do to be as prepared as possible for this tournament.

Some realities here are that there were 126 people in Singles and 50 teams for doubles plus spectators and people here only for play friendlies.

We split this over 3 stores.

I got 5 tvs and 3 wiis from GB and myself.

I came on here and begged people to bring setups.

We got a total of 12 setups for this tournament including ours.

As you imagine thats not enough. Something will have to be done about this in the future and I need your alls help.

Problems in tournmanent:

1. Registration took almost 4 hours

We are working on implementing the ability to preregister/prepay on our website so this would help MAJORLY!

2. Not enough setups. I can possibly rent some but Wiis are a huge problem because of needing unlocked characters. I need some help here.

3. Player Cooperation - GUYS REPORT MATCHS, so many people would leave us with no clue with whats going on. We actually don't show players the brackets to force you all to communicate with us. Communication IS KEY.

4. Friendlies are great, during the between times. If there are not an execess of TVS wait till the tournaments wind down like when doubles is coming to an end, before doubles, and at the end of singles.

5. Players need to let us know when they are going somewhere. We call matches and you are at mcdonalds?!?!

Anyways it was nuts and I think we did the best we could.

I am working on getting a bigger venue for a bigger tournament, but we need to solve some more problems first.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
the main problem was tvs. if u keep spamming bring tvs on the thread people WILL bring set up if u dont people assume the tourney has enough tvs. in our tourneys i saully spam bring tvs every 2 hours each day. we usually get too much tvs which is better than too lil bit of tv

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
spamming doesnt get people to bring setups.

it only wastes bandwidth and if people are gonna bring setups they will.

god i wish melee pulled tournies this size.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
LET IT BE KNOWN! G-MONEY'S DAIR > FSMASH OWNED ME, AND HE 2-STOCKED ME ON BRINSTAR!
/caps

He did beat me though.

Col Bol

Smash Champion

Life After Death

Smash Champion
spamming doesnt get people to bring setups.

it only wastes bandwidth and if people are gonna bring setups they will.

god i wish melee pulled tournies this size.
it worked for me maybe it might work for them. we had like too much tv in 3 tourneys i spammed bring tvs in huge letters. peoploe panic wehn they think they will be no tv at toruneys slo they try to bring their own

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
every 2 hours shall this be posted.

Preview:

BRING SETUPS. WE NEED TVs AND WIIs!!!

Code:

HTML:
[FONT="Arial Black"][B][U][SIZE="7"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]BRING SETUPS. WE NEED TVs AND WIIs!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B][/FONT]
(disregard the html tag) just copy and paste.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
...OK, so I'm finally awake.

Crazy fun tournament. Lolz at blue brackets not starting until like 11, though. So many crazy moments, this was a really good GIGABITS to make my first. Hope to attend more in the future.

I doubt anyone who doesn't already know me recognizes me, but I feel the need to do shoutouts anyway.

Pyramidines, unlucky seeding in doubles fo sho. First match against xYz and HRNUT!? -_- Sorry for KOing you all of those times, I promise I will get better at... not doing that. Other than that our team was decent. Lolz at the 0-death team combo Seibrik and Chops kept pulling with Snake/Meta Knight.

Masky, I was there for the fart heard 'round the world against Rx-. Incredible. Your Wario is beast mode. And thanks for driving us to GIGABITS!

Reflex is so cool, wrecking with Pokemon Trainer. I think you've effectively proven that PT can win major tournaments alone and is completely viable. :laugh: Oh yeah, and we never had that friendly. Also, I think I almost stepped on you when you were asleep in the corner. Sorry about that... :p

Ryo's Ike is Godly. 'Nuff said.

Umby, I saw your Sonic, and it was intense. I wanna be that good with :sonic: one day. Same for Galeon, your Lucas was so smart on that Norfair match. Good stuffz.

Fast, too bad we got knocked out so early, looks like we gotta lot of work to do with our mains yet. At least you got 2 byes. :laugh: Keep wrecking with Kirby... and stop gimping my up B when I'm Ness in doubles. :p

Lio, thanks for letting us play your h4x Wii with the delicious scent of freshly baked bread in the air (Silvermine is too good), and for repping G-ville with your broke Toon Link, and eating everyone's food. So close in the fight against Reflex!

Gmoney, thanks for repping my home city of Jacksonville with :wario: and for being an overall cool and hilarious person. :laugh:

Sorry if I forgot anyone, shoutouts to everyone at GIGABITS for being awesome and making the Smash community what it is.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I choked so bad in singles that from now on I'm only doing doubles lol :mewtwo:

SHOUTOUTS;

Spike and mickey- nice friendlies. your team is sick considering that theyre both pretty terrible characters lol. Both of your off ledge games are awesome. Ggs and I'll see you two at the next gamezone tournament right?
Yea GGs! U guys make a really good team. NICE CG TO SPIKE COMBO BTW!

IDK yet about Gamezon, i was planning on going but it all depends on school and work. Ima try tho!

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Blue bracket sucked for me. I won my first match, then had to face Seibrik. Then after losing, I had to face Petey. Who sent Petey to loser's bracket in prelims?

Top Bottom