• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/27/2008 - GIGABITS - A Winter Brawl

PolMex23

Smash Champion
xD, no use. Just as bad xD.

But jiggs can gimp me.

You guys did good.

Mmmm, ill teach you Luigi so you know how what the feeling is when u ull off an up-B ...soo amazing xD

Vijin

Smash Ace
Awesome melee friendlies yesterday guys. It was definitely worth the drive over to play some melee.
Congrats to Chudat for taking 1st place in singles and doubles, and for being able to get a crowd of people to do his signature pose. lol
And also good ish to Seibrik and Afro for holding it down. Soooo close.
Afro, what are you going to use that 20 bucks you won in the MM on?
And Mooney, just to clear this up, my insult during that friendly wasn't directed at you, it was directed at Ganondorf for being such a big hitbox.
Amber is awesome for taking pictures every time.

Can't wait for the next brawl tourney to play some... MELEE! Hah.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
well i didnt get to fight inui's mk with snake but i did beat 8bit's snake with mk thus saying that my MK is the snake killer 3000 because i have defeated every snake in the state...I think.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
And Mooney, just to clear this up, my insult during that friendly wasn't directed at you, it was directed at Ganondorf for being such a big hitbox.
LOL its all good dude. I chuckled a bit at it anyways <_<

But yeah, ganons a beast. His hitbox info for his dair is hillarious.

But yeah good matches. I think I'll do some shout outs now.

Hungrybox: Once again, thanks for the housing. I think I found a spot better than the hallway lol too good

Garbanzo: I don't think I've ever seen somebody improve faster than you, and I'm very glad to see how much you've grown so far. Keep it up man :)

Rust: Thanks again for the rides and stuff, I appreciate it a lot.

Inui: Good ****, bro. I'm glad you proved your point and stuff, can't wait until I come up there again. See if you can work out that hotel thing, because that'd be amazing.

Chu Dat: Nice seeing you again mang. I have some stuff I wanted to discuss with you there, but there wasn't enough time, and there was too much going on. If you stayed on AIM longer than two seconds, I'd be able to tell you lol >_>

Bladeofapollo: LOL hillarious friendlies were hillarious. I had fun playing you and stuff. I could definitely use some practice with the ganon vs peach matchup too.

Chops: It was nice talking to you and stuff. Like I said, I may not be at ZP, but I'll still try to get there if hbox decides to make the right choice, and have his tourney the day before and stuff. We'll have to play then, if I do make it :)

Melee TV: What a pal, sticking around and letting everyone play melee like that. Good **** TV lol

People at the melee TV: Good games and stuff. My bowser is too good lmao.

I'm pretty sure thats it, but send me a message and stuff and I'll edit this if you want

SOMEBODY DRIVE OVER HERE AND PLAY ME!!! D:

nevershootme

Smash Master
well i didnt get to fight inui's mk with snake but i did beat 8bit's snake with mk thus saying that my MK is the snake killer 3000 because i have defeated every snake in the state...I think.
well... I am slightly disappointed in you for not really wanting to rematch your marth with my snake from the PnT Miami Lakes tournament back in july... Perhaps I would have gone ZSS overall vs MK. But it's everyone, even you and me playing MK and ditching from our mains temporarily is the problem from what i've observed...

MK wrecks Snake anyways (as per observed from my preparation games vs Master Raven otherwise as Sonic Ghost playing back to back mk vs snake exchange).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Is there going to be a full results thread?

Oh, and in case anyone cares, here's how my money matches went.

-MK vs Wario with Afro for $20 and lost 1-3.
-MK vs Dedede with Seibrik for $5 and won very close matches, 2-0.
-MK vs Snake with Seibrik for $5 and lost 1-3.
-Snake vs MK with Sebrik for $10 and won 3-1.
-MK vs Dedede with Hungrybox for $0.50(what a Jew) and won 3-0.
-MK vs Dedede with CO18 for $5 and twostocked him twice, winning 2-0.
-Snake vs Dedede with CO18 for $5 and won two close matches to win 2-0.

Shoutoutz:

-ChuDat: It was really fun teaming with you! Our teamwork sucked until the very end, but we pulled off the wins when it mattered the most. Great job winning singles. I gotta work on being less predictable when you play me in singles because you read me too well.
-GDX: Nice Diddy. I enjoy fighting that character.
-Ghaleon: Best Lucas? Well, best one I've ever played or seen for sure.
-Seibrik: ***** me with Snake in singles, lol... Snake is the best character, not Meta Knight. I'll be ready to MM your Dedede soon to prove it.
-Afro: Wario is serious business. You're always fun to be around.
-Hungrybox: Also fun to be around.
-HRNUT: Wtf @ your placings...
-CJ: You're the freaking man for taking me home, mah d00.
-CO18: I'm going to be honest and say you were really easy in our MMs, but you proved you're pretty good by taking 3rd even with two top OOS players there, so I can't deny your ability. I guess I just have too much Dedede practice because the best one is my doubles partner. Let's try and put the e-hate behind us. Go OOS sometime and see if you do well.
-Cash Mooney: Followed me around all day, lol.
-ChuDat's cousins: **** at Brawl without really playing it LOL!
-Everyone else: Florida was fun as usual, hope to see you all again soon.

MK wrecks Snake anyways
Which is why when Seibrik and I MMed that match-up, the person using Snake won 3-1 each time? I somehow beat Forte in a set when he did 150%+ more damage per match? I nearly threestocked Plank in tourny? I've only lost to two MKs in that match-up in tourny ever, and one is Mew2King while the other is the God of Patience, Plank?

Snake beats MK and he's the best character. Only character Seibrik can beat me with LOL.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Did HRNUT lose right after he beat me (to Nick, I assume)? I got 13 (if that's the case) and lost to Seibrik and HRNUT (if anyone wants the info).

I'm pretty much done with Brawl now. Playing MELEE for most of the day was too good (even if it was just friendlies)! :)

I'm too lazy to leave real shoutouts, but everyone should know how I feel. I love all you guys!

It was pretty funny to listen to everyone outside ***** about the brackets and try to get them changed in the middle of the tourney (as well as all the other schemes that you guys were coming up with). Get out of here! :rolleyes:

nevershootme

Smash Master
Inui, the people at gigs will post them when it's time, takes 1-3 days. Although I would want to snake ditto u anyways (Since i excel at those more than anything else and they're fun). Also, there was another person who had the similar hair style as u... any relation? oh and I guess it was true that whoever posted a picture of the main character in Balls of Fury looks exactly similar to u.

p.s. Stare at Afro and Teh Albino and look at any similarities... you will blow your eyes out.... and spaceballs is an awesome movie.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ROFL@inui calling me the god of patience

to be completely honest, though, i think snake does beat MK pretty soundly. i still think MK is the best and beats every other character at least 55/45, but i think snake has a pretty solid adv on mk

snake gets beat decently hard by d3 and falco, so thats why i think mk is better

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Co18 who told you you could place third like that

you're not a top-level national class player, I'm leagues above you
God you're stupid. I can't wait to play you again while actually playing well and twostock you twice and move on, lol.

nevershootme said:
Inui, the people at gigs will post them when it's time, takes 1-3 days. Although I would want to snake ditto u anyways (Since i excel at those more than anything else and they're fun). Also, there was another person who had the similar hair style as u... any relation? oh and I guess it was true that whoever posted a picture of the main character in Balls of Fury looks exactly similar to u.

p.s. Stare at Afro and Teh Albino and look at any similarities... you will blow your eyes out.... and spaceballs is an awesome movie.
Ok.

I'll Snake ditto next time I see you hopefully.

No relation.

Afro and Albino are basically the same person except Albino is smaller and pale, lol.

Spaceballs is amazing.

Plank said:
snake gets beat decently hard by d3 and falco, so thats why i think mk is better
Myths. Snake has no bad match-ups. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui <3 I'm just playing around. laughs for all, like you said, e-hate behind us

and I'm sure you would demolish me, spamerer ate me for breakfast and you have beaten him recently :( :(
I didn't play teh_spamerer but we're about the same level and both of us demolished BlackWaltz, who's probably the best Olimar. :D

Stop trolling me plz. ~_~

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't believe MK "wrecks" Snake. 8-Bit did beat my Snake a lot when he went MK but 1) my Snake isn't that good yet, and 2) I'm not that well-versed in the matchup using Snake. Yet.

The matchup is either dead even or possibly in Snake's slight advantage. It's probably one of those stage-dependent heavy matchups, like Diddy vs MK.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

"WHO BE TALKING SMACK 'BOUT SNAKE?"

sorry i had to.

<3 to all my fellow smashers, funniest moment of the entire day was when polmex sneezed on monk......lol omg too much...

GOOD **** to action ******* placing 5th in doubles.

Co18: Coinflip 18 (inside joke)

LOOOOOOOOOOL.

HRNUT: Nick vs. Nick was crazy. We have bad teamwork. (thumbsup)

LOL, even Naruto's pupils are red.

.........yes

fine, I'll move the date of WATO4.

-!-

Smash Lord
Im mad at Chaz an Anthony loosin to sheikssbm an dewdadew....in my eyes they werent that good. FL doesnt now how to play robs or luigis, especially kribys.

Sheikssbm lost man points by switching to snake against the best mario in FL...But, heres my advice for your luigi...****ing up-B please. It hurt to watch you play.

GOOD **** SENSAI!!!! my god good mario xD
umm.... I was the one that teamed up with SheikSSBM not DewDaDash, and his brother ****** is the one that uses ROB not dew... I main Snake so it was Luigi/Snake team all the way even against two DDDs...

Did ya saw any of our matches o.O we did got 4th for some reason, I dunno maybe we're not that good... SheikSSBM got a few up-Bs in almost every set... he up-B' Seibriks DDD like 2 or three times and wouldn't go lol we beat them the first round, was close the second it came down to anyones game luigi against MK I give him probs cuz he almost never goes mk-luigi it was forced but did failry good one on one to his disadvantage ^.^and then we lost the third round... but if we hadn't faced ChuDats team we would of made it to Grand finals no sweat... we always beat ****** and Dews team here in Naples... I was actually happy that Chaz told me I got better from the last time I fought him back at YasumiCon where I got 4th place in singles... he beat me in winners bracket and losers lol

I wanted to see you guys play actually.. I know monk from brawl wars hes really good with Mario, best in Fl. and I know some match ups are super hard to pull off ie. mks against mario luigi, or maybe worst two DDDs but hey you have to do what you have to do to win right? I saw you guys doing double Snake against tw mks lol that was cool... unless it wasn't you two???

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Afro: Always good to see you man...your expression when you first noticed me was priceless...also you and Albino is just an alternate costume of you bro

Lime: Is Scottish according to lambchops

Polmex: Pro sneeze cannon during friendlies and we did good in teams...next time...NO MISTAKES

Lambchops: You're such a cool dude that pizza place was alright but here in Dunedin is where the good **** is at

Gmoney: Good to see you again double wario is a nasty team lol

Hungrybox: Cool to see you again

Walnut: you got a good Mario man keep at it

Sensei: See above, also...Victim of the Fludd Shoryuken

Dguy: Haven't seen you in forever good match man

ShiekSSBM: Good match when you picked Smashville I kinda anticipated you would pick Snake...but whatever...[Johns go here]

JSSN: I've been going to tournaments for sometime...Don't try to tell me you planned on banning a stage mid-set bro

MixCoatl: Good to see you again man...we didn't get any friendlies in during the break but whatever man...also yeah that was me and Polmex doing double Snake against Chops and Colbol
---
anyone I forgot feel free to let me know and I guess I'll edit this message

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
@Monk: its cool i told you, i was gona bann after 1st match and as soon as it was over you said i go to luigis, you didnt let me bann. but at the same time i said **** it... and we went there cuz you were right....

and at the end i won... =)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
@Monk: its cool i told you, i was gona bann after 1st match and as soon as it was over you said i go to luigis, you didnt let me bann. but at the same time i said **** it... and we went there cuz you were right....

and at the end i won... =)
yeah...I got "I lost the first match so I can't turn the set around in match 3"...Johns

good match though

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Sheikssbm lost man points by switching to snake against the best mario in FL...But, heres my advice for your luigi...****ing up-B please. It hurt to watch you play.

GOOD **** SENSAI!!!! my god good mario xD
I up+b all the time when I see the opportunity, but you were a smart player and didn't roll behind me like most smashers.

Our Luigi and Mario matches were very good close matches, I only picked snake to ensure the win like a smart smasher would do. Kind of like when you and Monk both picked SNAKE on Colbol and Lambchops.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I up+b all the time when I see the opportunity, but you were a smart player and didn't roll behind me like most smashers.

Our Luigi and Mario matches were very good close matches, I only picked snake to ensure the win like a smart smasher would do. Kind of like when you and Monk both picked SNAKE on Colbol and Lambchops.
Polmex only plays Snake against MKs and DDDs...I only play Snake in teams(rarely) and at Luigi's Mansion...

but anyway...you did what you had to win...next time I'll do the same...or not...I dunno...like I said I've got that "I lost the first match so I can't turn the set around by the time match 3 starts" Johns

i'm watching the dark knight in blu-ray
Oh...that's cool...

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
This tourny was fun as hell. TommyG, it was great talkin pkmn with ya and that video was epic. Gmoney, tomatoes are awesome. Eight52, great teamin with ya. Whoever was that yoshi+marth team, good ****. Seibrik, next time wear a shirt instead of a towel, lol. FIU in general, the wearing hats thing is hilarious. Inui, great practicing with you all night before the tourny. 8-bit, thanks for recording stuff. Hungrybox, that controller mishap was funny, glad it was resolved. Chu, gj winning, that kirby is sick. Anyone I forgot, oops.

CO18

Smash Hero
TBH I didnt really care about our MM's inui. After the first match when I was beating you and then got up+bed to my death on the SV platform at 40 I gave up.

You won the snake ones though, I just lose my patience too easily from camping. Also dont know why I DI down whenever I get ftilted, its like a habit, I shouldnt be dieing at 110 from a ftilt.

Also ShiekSSBM's luigi was really beast imo.

Oh and I think Hrnut's MK just wrecks snake.

-!-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

MixCoatl: Good to see you again man...we didn't get any friendlies in during the break but whatever man...also yeah that was me and Polmex doing double Snake against Chops and Colbol
hey monk, will you be attending Seibriks tourney in a couple weeks??? it'll be tight seeing you again man, I totally forgot to ask you for some friendlies and same goes to seibrik >.< i keep forgetting... that double Snake stuff was great, too good lol I knew you guys would have the match no prob ^.^ I still gotta see you guys go mario & luigi in person... sometime the future I gotta see you guys play ^.^

btw i might just have a tourney like this sat. the 3rd so if it happens then it'll be cool for you to come ^.^ Chu will be around so hell be there as well ^.^ I know it's out of nowhere but hey it's ChuDat maybe Naples will get lucky for once XD

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
hey monk, will you be attending Seibriks tourney in a couple weeks??? it'll be tight seeing you again man, I totally forgot to ask you for some friendlies and same goes to seibrik >.< i keep forgetting... that double Snake stuff was great, too good lol I knew you guys would have the match no prob ^.^ I still gotta see you guys go mario & luigi in person... sometime the future I gotta see you guys play ^.^

btw i might just have a tourney like this sat. the 3rd so if it happens then it'll be cool for you to come ^.^ Chu will be around so hell be there as well ^.^ I know it's out of nowhere but hey it's ChuDat maybe Naples will get lucky for once XD
I won't be attending Seibrik's tournament...and the 3rd probably won't work for me...Polmex has the flu and won't be driving for some time

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Fun tourney but I lost to 2 D3's which I thought I was pritty decent against.

Kirby is still too good. Most fun character in brawl.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Polmex only plays Snake against MKs and DDDs...I only play Snake in teams(rarely) and at Luigi's Mansion...

but anyway...you did what you had to win...next time I'll do the same...or not...I dunno...like I said I've got that "I lost the first match so I can't turn the set around by the time match 3 starts" Johns

Oh...that's cool...
Regardless of character match-ups, you guys switched your mains and picked snake to ensure your victory. That's exactly what I did.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
umm.... I was the one that teamed up with SheikSSBM not DewDaDash, and his brother ****** is the one that uses ROB not dew... I main Snake so it was Luigi/Snake team all the way even against two DDDs...

Did ya saw any of our matches o.O we did got 4th for some reason, I dunno maybe we're not that good... SheikSSBM got a few up-Bs in almost every set... he up-B' Seibriks DDD like 2 or three times and wouldn't go lol we beat them the first round, was close the second it came down to anyones game luigi against MK I give him probs cuz he almost never goes mk-luigi it was forced but did failry good one on one to his disadvantage ^.^and then we lost the third round... but if we hadn't faced ChuDats team we would of made it to Grand finals no sweat... we always beat ****** and Dews team here in Naples... I was actually happy that Chaz told me I got better from the last time I fought him back at YasumiCon where I got 4th place in singles... he beat me in winners bracket and losers lol

I wanted to see you guys play actually.. I know monk from brawl wars hes really good with Mario, best in Fl. and I know some match ups are super hard to pull off ie. mks against mario luigi, or maybe worst two DDDs but hey you have to do what you have to do to win right? I saw you guys doing double Snake against tw mks lol that was cool... unless it wasn't you two???

IM so confused right now....

So you werent rob...and...ahhh....!!! I cant handle this. Whatever, I was thinking you were...****.

Whatever, I didnt see you guys play than. I was mistaken.

Yes, the sexy double snake team was us. Very sexy. We might be doing that quite often since it worked so well.

To Sheik, I guess. So many opportunities against Monk to up-B him. Its my style.

None of this i play him all the time crap, I know how and when to up-B alot since ive been trying to spam it since i realized the beauty of it.

I think in the 2 matches against you an monk you missed 5 clear up-Bs at killing %. How I know? I was watching, an cringed each time i saw it. Than I was shocked when I didnt hear it or feel it. Nick talked to me after your match an said he would panic too cuz he would know when it might be coming.

Me Nick(Monk) and Emil(Lime) all "smell" the up-B coming xD.

We should MM dittos one day xD. Luigi dittos are chaotic.

For the first time ever me an monk got worse than 5th place(7th)

so next time we get 1st xD

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Brothers:

Name - Melee Main - Brawl Main
SheikSSBM - Sheik/Luigi - Luigi
DewDaDash - Marth - Dedede
****** - ICs/Doc - R.O.B.

Chu is their cousin

DewDaDash & ****** teamed and got 3rd
SheikSSBM & MixCoatl teamed and got 4th

Top Bottom