• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/27/2008 - GIGABITS - A Winter Brawl

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think im the nicest smasher ever, i've never said anything rude directed at anyone

redhalberd, did you see my set with atomsk online? its another set of me fighting for real!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LambChops...I haven't posted a personal insult or anything that low in my entire time on Smashboards. You didn't sink down to my level. You stayed comfortably at your own level.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i think im the nicest smasher ever, i've never said anything rude directed at anyone

redhalberd, did you see my set with atomsk online? its another set of me fighting for real!
No I havent please link me. :D

edit: Nvm found it Im watching. :D

You should see my MMs vs. Atomsk. I SDed in both matches and gave up. It was so bad I might upload it lol.
lies. i bet he hasnt. CUZ WHEN HE DOES HE YOUTUBE COMMENTS THEM

bwahah
Plank knows wassup.

I can't watch a brawl video without leaving a comment.

No lie.

edit: Was that match online?

Galeon

Smash Ace
Tourney was alot of fun. I'll probably start going to tournaments again now.

Quick shoutouts:
Action: You got so much better. We gotta do more matches. I'm stealing some of your stuff btw. Airdodge spam's coming back.
Mars: Nice Pit, matches were close. Danny's coming to Jan gigs.
NickR: I knew you'd place well. Funnest set I had that night. Btw, ZSS looks like a ***** when she's getting jab locked. Come to FIU more!
Inui: I hope you stick around for a bit,wanted to play you some more. Fun matches and a different MK.
GDX: Lol, you kicked my *** in teams. I'll get you though. Storing up the hate and greed for next gigs, saving it specifically for you.
HRNut: Me and Bonesaw are no. 1 at random teams. And now we know we'll never have to worry about you counterpicking Yoshi.
Tommy G: By far the coolest guy I know. Stop suiciding in tournament matches! (only I'm allowed to by failing up-b's I do correctly all the time except in serious tourney sets)
RA?: Never seen you at a tourney before, good set.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Been working all day, so didn't have time to do my shoutouts.

Monk - It was good to finally meet you. Thanks for the Mario dittos. Also thanks for teaching me some new stuff with him. Hopefully I can get my ledge game to your level.
PolMex - Good ****. Amazing Luigi. You and Monk are too good. Getting hit with the FLUDD Shoryuken combo was an honor.
Walnut - Nice seeing you again. Awesome Mario dittos. Learn the stutter step....it will change your life lol
Stafu - Close matches in our set. I even amazed myself when I almost came back and won the last match while down 3 stocks.
Spike - Good Pit. Just work on the matchup and learn how to get around the fireballs.
Mars - The second Pit in a row I had to face, and the one that knocked me out the tourney. Good ****. Our playstyles are too similar, we dodge too much. In the end, you were just better. Close matches though.
Solid Neku - My usual doubles parter, comes all the way back from Miami, misses doubles but gets there just in time to register for singles, and places top 16.....too good.

Overall, the most fun gigs for me. I'll have to practice a bit more with Mario and work on some counterpick characters. See everyone next month.

CO18

Smash Hero
Inui has the most annoying posts sometimes. I obv wouldnt give up if it was tourney but I really didn't care afterward because I doubted I would win 2 straight vs you on your own CP afterward.
I usually get wrecked by Mk's the first time I play them anyway, I just adapt quickly. Last time I played Rx-'s and Seibrik's MK's I got wrecked and they 2 stocked me both times but this time I won 2-0 vs them both, 2 stocking them the 1st games.
You just get extremelyyyy annoying sometimes, I find it funny how you're like talking down to people and claiming your much better than them too.
Like you barely beating Andyg 2-1 after he 2-0ed atomsk too, then saying you're leauges ahead of AndyG. Then I outplace you, while we played the SAME people and youre talking as if your way better than me.

Just stop it lol.

Anyway big ups to 8-bit for the Live Feed. It was funny watching Me Vs Chudat on youtube yesterday.
Ima copy his Kirby tricks XD

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Been working all day, so didn't have time to do my shoutouts.

Monk - It was good to finally meet you. Thanks for the Mario dittos. Also thanks for teaching me some new stuff with him. Hopefully I can get my ledge game to your level.
PolMex - Good ****. Amazing Luigi. You and Monk are too good. Getting hit with the FLUDD Shoryuken combo was an honor.
Walnut - Nice seeing you again. Awesome Mario dittos. Learn the stutter step....it will change your life lol
Stafu - Close matches in our set. I even amazed myself when I almost came back and won the last match while down 3 stocks.
Spike - Good Pit. Just work on the matchup and learn how to get around the fireballs.
Mars - The second Pit in a row I had to face, and the one that knocked me out the tourney. Good ****. Our playstyles are too similar, we dodge too much. In the end, you were just better. Close matches though.
Solid Neku - My usual doubles parter, comes all the way back from Miami, misses doubles but gets there just in time to register for singles, and places top 16.....too good.

Overall, the most fun gigs for me. I'll have to practice a bit more with Mario and work on some counterpick characters. See everyone next month.
Can't believe i missed the shout out. Good **** Sensei, I was most likely going to lose if you didn't mess up on that 2nd stock. Making me practice against all the lower tier characters now cause I never know what to expect. You amazed me.

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Sensei: Good job, man. As always!

Monk: Your Mario is amazing The Fludd Shoryouken is pure awesomeness!

Walnut: Your Mario is also amazing. You're a cool guy. see you next tournament

Solid Neku: You make it all the way from Miami just in time to enter singles and you score top 16! ****! whatever you're on, I want some.

btw if y'all don't know who I am, I was the guy hanging around Sensei all day. heh

See y'all next tournament!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Snake players should blow up themselves more often. It'll make it easier for me to laser lock and get gimp kills once they fall off the stage that way.

Camping: Falco>Snake;; Pit>Snake

So using your theory if camping dedede gives snake the win, then falco beats snake.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Personally I feel that Olimar, DK, and Pikachu all have slightly favorable matchups vs Snake. Falco and D3 can do well vs Snake, but Snake has ways around what they can do to him.

MKs matchups are better overall. MK is the best character in the game.

nevershootme

Smash Master
yea... about 20 viewers for live feed. Quality in recording matches was total *** so I'm probably not gonna do another live feed until i get better stuff like the guys did in Axis months ago... or get another laptop super cheap dedicated to recording and the other for the stream...

small shoutouts.

-Those who were using my comp to talk to people on the stream, thanks. But to those watching, please identify yourselves next time, don't be a ****tard and hide your name. those included hungrybox, tommy g, and anyone else who was using it.

-Naples people: SheikSSBM, M!X, emowolf. Sorry if I was being the ******* not wanting to talk to you guys, too much crap going on for me not wanting to talk and my computer was being a **** when i was trying to set it up most of the time. At least I've seen you guys improved alot since we first met at Metrocon. and M!X, small correction, it was actually me who beat u in losers in Yasumicon (most awesome brawl tournament out of any other anime con since it's standard rules lolz). hope we'll snake ditto again to see how you've improved since.

-HRNut: read my post pages back, but anyways, crap bracket w/e gg's

-FIU: I'll have videos on our road trip by late night to tomorrow morning.

-Hiroshi: Nice chillin with you and hope we can play halo on Live with chaz, me, and ruuku, plus a few more from FIU.

-GDX: Fun teammate although I put the blame on myself for killing you too much during the match. thought my mind was going through the FFA mode. We still did well placing top 8.

-Whoever brought that Wii with the homebrew and Smash 64... Point to me where I can find it, because Smash 64 is too legendary, and too good on the gamecube controller.

-Poltergust: sorry if i was being the **** against you since i was a bit on a silent atttitude when it comes to tournaments.

-Everyone else who i didn't mention: we'll talk again in teh future

EDIT: Doubles grand finals are being uploaded at the moment in High Quality viewing... 1st match should be ready for viewing

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, two responses...

Masky: Yes, I do play online. Actually, online is the only experience I have outside of these tournaments. I can only play offline against computers. So yeah, I have like 0 offline experience. I could probably be much better if I play offline more, but I just don't have the oppurtunity to outside of these tournaments. :(

8-Bit: Yeah, I was wondering why you were seemingly ignoring me. I just thought that you didn't recognize me, which is not surprising seeing as I get ignored all the time. :dizzy: Glad to see that you actually did recognize me, though. :)

EDIT: Oh, one more thing, 8-Bit. You did record the set between me and StaFu, right? I absolutely need to see that match in Brinstar again! *worryworryworry*

Masky

Smash Master
Hey 8-Bit, was my set against DJ ****nugget (my Ness vs his Yoshi) or whatever recorded or just streamed live?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I know. I was so surprised when my u-air didn't kill you at freaking 155%! ;__;

And then you just came back and owned me. Man, I almost had that match! D:

Good job, though. I remember hearing someone saying, "This is over!" when I got that infinite on you (I wonder who said it?). And then you just made a complete comeback. I bet everyone who was watching were like O_O.

...And I'm banning Brinstar the next time we face each other. =P

Top Bottom