• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/27/2008 - GIGABITS - A Winter Brawl

Zip.

Smash Lord
lmao, it was kind of funny how the only pic i got into was with 4 other black guys xD

Masky

Smash Master
ChuDat - you should have set your tag as CHU in our set when mine was PIKA. :( but that set convinced me to switch Pikachu to my main so thank you.
Afro - thanks for the support and that flowing water advice or whatever
Nick Riddle - you beasted at this tournament... also you're a really cool guy, thanks for the rides. I'll give you gas money next time I see you
Gmoney - Activate!!
Rx and Amber - Thank you for housing and being so entertaining
Poltergust - You have a good Yoshi and I liked your playstyle. You have your FC in your sig, do you play online?
shiekssbm - I'll get you next time
People on the 8bit's live chat - Someone told me that a lot of you were supporting me when I was playing so thank you!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
This tournament was rad, I should start going to Gigs every couple of months just to see everyone again :)

Never laughed harder all day than when Chu referred to Matt as his secret nickname. Too good! Can't wait to hang out again next weekend.

Good stuff everyone, loved seeing you guys~

-!-

Smash Lord
Fun tourney but I lost to 2 D3's which I thought I was pritty decent against.

Kirby is still too good. Most fun character in brawl.
crap I feel your pain >.< I lost to two DDDs... recently the only problem I have in tourneys are DDDs... gotta pick up Kirby for real this time cuz it kinda helped me this time... I almost had one of the DDDs really close hehehe

IM so confused right now....
So you werent rob...and...ahhh....!!! I cant handle this. Whatever, I was thinking you were...****.
Whatever, I didnt see you guys play than. I was mistaken.
Yes, the sexy double snake team was us. Very sexy. We might be doing that quite often since it worked so well.
it's cool you didn't noticed me... after all I'm just some random guy XD but yea man I wish you would of saw us play, then you would of seen that we as a team where decent and not "not that good" but yea man it'll be cool for next time to at least know about what you are talking about cuz then something like this happens lol didn't even got the team-mates right hehehe but it's cool...

Snake vs MK = **** imo
Snake is too good hehehe

Inui

Banned via Warnings
TBH I didnt really care about our MM's inui. After the first match when I was beating you and then got up+bed to my death on the SV platform at 40 I gave up.

You won the snake ones though, I just lose my patience too easily from camping. Also dont know why I DI down whenever I get ftilted, its like a habit, I shouldnt be dieing at 110 from a ftilt.
lmao wow

You've got a ways to go as a player, kid. Keep working on it and you'll win more.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
mixcoatl next time i'll MM you snake vs mk??

@inui
the reason i placed bad is because of chu and i never thought camping would be so extreme from nick riddle a ZSS player, i lost patience something i lack when i play brawl at a competitive level and we all know that the more patient player wins, no johns, oh and HBOX is a bad teammate, no offense but he doesn't really understand the concept of team work, or stock tank, the last D3 i ever team on planning with is CO18

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@inui
the reason i placed bad is because of chu and i never thought camping would be so extreme from nick riddle a ZSS player, i lost patience something i lack when i play brawl at a competitive level and we all know that the more patient player wins, no johns, oh and HBOX is a bad teammate, no offense but he doesn't really understand the concept of team work, or stock tank, the last D3 i ever team on planning with is CO18
But people were saying Hungrybox would be a better partner than me. :p

Seriously though, I understand. Don't get impatient next time.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
lmao wow

You've got a ways to go as a player, kid. Keep working on it and you'll win more.
I'd just like to point out that he outplaced you. I think there's something inherently wrong with telling him he's not a top player solely due to that fact, seeing as how you say you ARE a top player. I think the better response to his post, coming from you, would have been "no johns", or since you don't like that expression, something else to have the same effect.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So I get the feeling this is the best tournament I'll ever miss.

My mom is really stressing about me getting into college, so I dont think I'll be able to go to gigs until March, mabye even later. I dont know about hosting a tourney either. >_>

Snake wrecks MK btw. It's extremely hard for MK to win unless he gimps Snake, and gimping a good snake can be difficult. I think Snake has more bad or close to even matchups than MK. Pikachu, Pit, Lucario, Falco, and D3 all have pretty nasty chaingrabs on him. Several characters can outcamp him. And Some outrange him slightly. I still think Snake is a pretty untapped character though as far as what you can REALLY do with him. I have trouble consistently winning with snake because I'm too busy experimenting.

edit:

CO18 is boss. When I finally go to gigs we're wreckin teams.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Ima talk to your mom an tell her your son can win money an your not letting him....what is your problem?

Seriously why dont you do what the pro Unreal tourney guy did?

Tell your mom if I dont come back with proze money than you can either kick me out or never let me go to another tourney...

Either way youll prob get top 3 in both teams an singles xD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Snake wrecks MK btw. It's extremely hard for MK to win unless he gimps Snake, and gimping a good snake can be difficult. I think Snake has more bad or close to even matchups than MK. Pikachu, Pit, Lucario, Falco, and D3 all have pretty nasty chaingrabs on him. Several characters can outcamp him. And Some outrange him slightly. I still think Snake is a pretty untapped character though as far as what you can REALLY do with him. I have trouble consistently winning with snake because I'm too busy experimenting.
Falco's CG only works on players too stupid to blow themselves up to 30% in one shot with a grenade and C4.

Snake losing to those characters is a myth. Camping intelligently and not putting yourself in situations where you get gimped will give you the win with Snake, even if your opponent can outcamp you. You're going to be able to take more damage than any other character in the game, so...

Fizzi said:
I'd just like to point out that he outplaced you. I think there's something inherently wrong with telling him he's not a top player solely due to that fact, seeing as how you say you ARE a top player. I think the better response to his post, coming from you, would have been "no johns", or since you don't like that expression, something else to have the same effect.
Outplacing someone in one tournament doesn't mean you're better than them. I outplace Atomsk frequently and I recently outplaced teh_spamerer, and I am not better than them.

"No johns" is stupid. He provided his reason for getting demolished in our first MM. That is why I said he has a ways to go as a player. The reason itself, not his skill or anything like that.

Having the attitude of "oh man I got gimped now I can't win" is going to hold him back a lot. Around September I got over such stupid thoughts and attitudes and that's when I became a top player.

I SD'd at 40% with Snake in the first match of that MM set and I still won.

DON'T GIVE UP.

CO18 isn't a top player. He has a solid Dedede from what I saw and he does well in FL, but he really needs to travel or actually beat OOS players when they come there.

If I based how good he was based solely on my MMs with him...I'd say he's average or even below average, but that's obviously not true. I can look at the big picture.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ima talk to your mom an tell her your son can win money an your not letting him....what is your problem?

Seriously why dont you do what the pro Unreal tourney guy did?

Tell your mom if I dont come back with proze money than you can either kick me out or never let me go to another tourney...

Either way youll prob get top 3 in both teams an singles xD
My mom doesnt care about the money even if I have a good chance of winning XP. My moms like hoover **** you cant budge that ish. I basically gotta just make good grades and butter her up as much as possible. So Im just gonna hold out and bide my time.

Snake losing to those characters is a myth. Camping intelligently and not putting yourself in situations where you get gimped will give you the win with Snake, even if your opponent can outcamp you. You're going to be able to take more damage than any other character in the game, so...
You have to be absolutely smarter than your opponent in every way for that to work. Making once mistake can put you in a position to get gimped etc.. Sure in some of the matchups it's not that hard, but vs. Dedede you have to pretty much NOT get chaingrabbed. I'm not saying it's not possible, Im just saying that the reality is that the matchups are close enough for snake to not win majority just because he's snake.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Falco's CG only works on players too stupid to blow themselves up to 30% in one shot with a grenade and C4.

THANK YOU

caps

You have to be absolutely smarter than your opponent in every way for that to work. Making once mistake can put you in a position to get gimped etc.. Sure in some of the matchups it's not that hard, but vs. Dedede you have to pretty much NOT get chaingrabbed. I'm not saying it's not possible, Im just saying that the reality is that the matchups are close enough for snake to not win majority just because he's snake.
RedHalberd CLEARLY KNOWS EVERYTHING, AND IS THE SUPPREME MASTER OF BRAWL KNOWLEDGE, BECAUSE HE HAS SEENS VIDEOS OF THIS, AND IS NOT IMPRESSED. DON'T TRY TO CORRECT HIM OTHERWISE EITHER, BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU'RE M2K, YOU'RE WRONG IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

I'm a really nice guy. Infact, I never get pissed at people irl, let alone have a loud outburst of "STFU" in person, but if you're like this irl, and we're at a tourney, I may just go mad with annoyance. I can see myself blowing a blood vessel at how ridiculous of a person you are. You're just like that "tires don exits" guy.

/end annoyed rant.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's pretty easy to just camp intelligently and not put yourself in situations where you can get gimped. You can be worse than your opponent and still win. ~_~

Dedede can't approach Snake and Snake actually lives to higher damage on average in that match-up. Ban FD and Snake probably has the ADVANTAGE.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's pretty easy to just camp intelligently and not put yourself in situations where you can get gimped. You can be worse than your opponent and still win. ~_~

Dedede can't approach Snake and Snake actually lives to higher damage on average in that match-up. Ban FD and Snake probably has the ADVANTAGE.
I was just referring generally to all the characters I mentioned. That while in theory Snake may have an edge it doesn't turn out that way. I guess we're not arguing about the same thing anwyay. Nevermind.

RedHalberd CLEARLY KNOWS EVERYTHING, AND IS THE SUPPREME MASTER OF BRAWL KNOWLEDGE, BECAUSE HE HAS SEENS VIDEOS OF THIS, AND IS NOT IMPRESSED. DON'T TRY TO CORRECT HIM OTHERWISE EITHER, BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU'RE M2K, YOU'RE WRONG IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

I'm a really nice guy. Infact, I never get pissed at people irl, let alone have a loud outburst of "STFU" in person, but if you're like this irl, and we're at a tourney, I may just go mad with annoyance. I can see myself blowing a blood vessel at how ridiculous of a person you are. You're just like that "tires don exits" guy.

/end annoyed rant.
I have a way of stating facts that seems to annoy people. I dont mean to talk like I know everything, It just comes out that way.

Im not gonna bother arguing aout this.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Umm isn't that showing that you think M2K knows everything while you make fun of RedHalberd for knowing everything?

I think you're being a little harsh, I doubt he's that bad (if at all) to be around IRL

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Umm isn't that showing that you think M2K knows everything while you make fun of RedHalberd for knowing everything?

I think you're being a little harsh, I doubt he's that bad (if at all) to be around IRL
Yeah, I know M2K doesn't know everything. I should have said any top professional instead. My bad.

I'm being really harsh, and he probably isn't that bad, but I've seen so many posts like this from him and I'm going nuts because I can't stand it anymore.

And I wouldn't actually go nuts, but in my head I'm yelling at a brick wall named RedHallberd at 2 million decibels, so I just typed that out anyways, lol

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Yeah well from the posts over the months ive come to the conclusion that RedHalberd is probably pretty cool IRL

the only thing that still irks me is the Ally worship

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know M2K doesn't know everything. I should have said any top professional instead. My bad.

I'm being really harsh, and he probably isn't that bad, but I've seen so many posts like this from him and I'm going nuts because I can't stand it anymore.

And I wouldn't actually go nuts, but in my head I'm yelling at a brick wall named RedHallberd at 2 million decibels, so I just typed that out anyways, lol
You can trust me with your kids. Im the most respectful dude you'll ever meet.

But you can't hate me for inputting my 2 cents.

Attack my 2 cents, not me.

edit:
the only thing that still irks me is the Ally worship
Lol I dont actually worship Ally, its just sorta a fad that was going around by those who know Ally. I don't think Ally is beyond human or anything, he's just a smasher I really like watching and respect.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Lol I dont actually worship Ally, its just sorta a fad that was going around by those who know Ally. I don't think Ally is beyond human or anything, he's just a smasher I really like watching and respect.
Yeah well I went through my online brawl phase and I just hated the fact that I had never seen so many people on one person's **** in my life

ESPECIALLY a particularly huge ****-sucker than the rest, who claimed to be a girl but I wasn't sure and he/she was the most annoying person I've ever met on the internet

named Tantalus or something

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah well I went through my online brawl phase and I just hated the fact that I had never seen so many people on one person's **** in my life

ESPECIALLY a particularly huge ****-sucker than the rest, who claimed to be a girl but I wasn't sure and he/she was the most annoying person I've ever met on the internet

named Tantalus or something
Lol you should see Lil wayne fans. Go****.

No idea, I dont even hang around AiB anymore because I only play one or two ppl from FL online anymore but some people go too far with it. W/e, like what you like.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
You can trust me with your kids. Im the most respectful dude you'll ever meet.

But you can't hate me for inputting my 2 cents.

Attack my 2 cents, not me.
Having two cents is quite fine, but when you act as if you know everything when you don't it just gets annoying. At least to me it did. I shouldn't be as annoyed as I am, however, considering I come from the TCG community, and everybody acts the same as you.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was just referring generally to all the characters I mentioned. That while in theory Snake may have an edge it doesn't turn out that way. I guess we're not arguing about the same thing anwyay. Nevermind.
Not just in theory. It's really easy in practice.

It's just...don't get gimped and camp intelligently. Not hard.

I have a way of stating facts that seems to annoy people. I dont mean to talk like I know everything, It just comes out that way.

Im not gonna bother arguing aout this.
Iunno about that exactly, but you seem to have the same air in your posts that CO18 does. An unearned air of elitism that screams "I am a top player" is embedded in your posts. I don't think either of you do it on purpose, but it's definitely there.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Not just in theory. It's really easy in practice.

It's just...don't get gimped and camp intelligently. Not hard.

Iunno about that exactly, but you seem to have the same air in your posts that CO18 does. An unearned air of elitism that screams "I am a top player" is embedded in your posts. I don't think either of you do it on purpose, but it's definitely there.
lol u got called out by colbol. thats just really bad son really bad. no one getss called out by colbol no one. its just a myth.

redhalberd - i agreee about the lil wayne ****. lol at stupid peolpe who never heard good hip hop. thinking lil wayne is the best rapper is like thinking inui is the best mk.

Master Raven

Smash Master
AIB is like some ******** version of Myspace for Brawl players. I still go to it but I basically just play the same players I'm friends with, and I like to do the ladder for good lulz.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dunno about that exactly, but you seem to have the same air in your posts that CO18 does. An unearned air of elitism that screams "I am a top player" is embedded in your posts. I don't think either of you do it on purpose, but it's definitely there.
That's how you get ladies. Confidence. :D
redhalberd - i agreee about the lil wayne ****. lol at stupid peolpe who never heard good hip hop. thinking lil wayne is the best rapper is like thinking inui is the best mk.
Amazing analogy.

AIB is like some ******** version of Myspace for Brawl players.
Amazing Analogy.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
well inui looks gay and he's ugly as ***. i dont think no one lieks him not even his mom. ur just ugly. iono why u smile lol. gurls prolly throw up all opver his face when they see that ***** smile.

lol prolly ur so ugly they gotta tie a steak around ur neck for the dog to play with u.

plank - eminem is too good.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
well inui looks gay and he's ugly as ***. i dont think no one lieks him not even his mom. ur just ugly. iono why u smile lol. gurls prolly throw up all opver his face when they see that ***** smile.

lol prolly ur so ugly they gotta tie a steak around ur neck for the dog to play with u.
I don't wanna be an ******* and laugh at this, but its hurting my cheeks.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord

plank - eminem is too good.
ouch

**** just got a bit more personal, rofl

Master Raven

Smash Master
Eminem's cool.

I don't have any of his stuff yet but I probably should, I haven't downloaded much music in a while.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
im dumbed myself down to his level thats all. and i ahte making fun of peolpe in front of anyone.

comon HE GOT CALLED OUT BY COLIN. wh ogets called out by him. he's by far the nicest smasher. nicer than shiz

Top Bottom