• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/11 Gigabits Melee - Falling into Melee

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Final word on who's bringing recording setups?

I'd like to edit crew battle footage, take pics of the players there, etc. I took a nostalgic skim through the FC3 crew battles and dang Bach is the most underrated player ever.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Lolll thats right one of them carried you away once. Yeah I planned that out from the start... o.O

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Garbanzo as a Mexican i get really ****ing pissed when I play your **** game cuz i can't cross the border or get pass level ****ing 2....

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i have a flip video recorder if someone has a vcr that i can hook it up to

edit: it only holds an hour of footage though :/ so more cameras would be needed...or a comp to upload them all

Pritch

Smash Lord
How does sheik beat peach i don't even know.
Space bairs, throw needles, and grab a bunch, she can crouch cancel dsmash basically the entire rest of your moveset until she gets pretty high percent. Get mad damage off of any grab (fairly easy, but I or someone else can go into more detail if you need it), and when you get her offstage edgeguard her with bair and/or needles depending on height (or you could be cool like drephen and walljump fairs from the edge:urg:).

If she gets you off the stage recover to the edge every time, once you are on the ledge peach is completely incapable of touching you. If she edgehogs just go to a platform, she's usually too slow to get there in time unless she predicts it well in advance. If you can't get to a platform (or it's FD) 90% of the time peach is gonna get off the edge and try to dsmash you back out again, so crouch cancel the first hit of that to get sent back into the stage instead.

Other than that basically just don't get greedy. Peach is pretty good at messing up most of your approaches (usually with cc downsmash), but since she's slow as balls it's not too difficult for you to just stay away and wait for her to make a mistake that you can punish. Once you're in you can mess her up pretty bad, so just wait for the safe opportunities to do so.

EDIT: Has hiroshi gotten better at playing vs peach? He used to complain about the matchup all the time.

Also, ask exarch. He knows that matchup backwards and forwards, with either character. He and hozart are where I got most of my wisdom for that match.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I had been talking to DarkFalchion about coming and teaming with him, but he hasn't been returning my stuff, so I wasn't sure if he was coming or not.

Oh well

Yeah and the secret to beating peach with sheik is to grab her.

Don't feel like making a longer post than that... maybe tomorrow.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Wait a second.

Wait just a second.

Darkfalchion is playing smash again?:crazy:

Holy ****, I haven't seen him play since his epic finals with shiz at gigs a bajillion years ago. Crazy.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
iight i got a new question thomas, how to beat hbox jiggz with sheik? cuz hes gotten really good at crouching all the time and therefore when i try to grab I get rested in response... really frustrating since it forces me to camp until i can find an opening for tilts :/

Pritch

Smash Lord
iight i got a new question thomas, how to beat hbox jiggz with sheik? cuz hes gotten really good at crouching all the time and therefore when i try to grab I get rested in response... really frustrating since it forces me to camp until i can find an opening for tilts :/
I think you just answered your own question.

I dunno, the jiggs that I play against probably aren't as good as hungry, but I pretty much just do platform tricks and needle camp them till I get an opening. Like, you're faster and have a good projectile. I've never found it to be too hard to just camp jiigs. Though again, the box is probably stiffer competition, so I dunno.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I honestly dont think its possible

hes amazingly good at sheik

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I honestly dont think its possible

hes amazingly good at sheik
my best matchup ^_^

hiroshi's shiek has gotten really good...

against me, at least >.>

lamugi

Smash Lord
unplug his controller b4 he rests you:p
it's pretty easy

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah joetru, hbox's best matchup is sheik, he ***** that ish. Although i have been catching up and doing well against his jiggs. Ive been keeping up!?!?!? yayuhz, lol. he's too good though.

sadly, i now think i wont be able to make it to this. Cuz i will have to go to school saturday morning to work on my school project due tuesday or it wont get done. sucks to be me.

Top Bottom