• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/11 Gigabits Melee - Falling into Melee

Vijin

Smash Ace
Man, I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those no-name fodder guys who loses in the first round. Nooo!

SynikaL

Smash Lord
A TON of people from caliburforum plan on going to it. I dare say this might actually match the turnouts for smash. Sighrax is here right now and he told me a lot of his friends plan on going to.
A TON of Caliburforum people? What kind of Calibur scene does FL even have today to justify such supposed hyperbole? While I'm not currently playing SC4, I've been around the scene a long time. What are some recognizable names attending?

If your response holds up, I may try and get Sighrax to take me to this.

-Kimosaabe

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
lol crew "battles." i was under the impression that battles referred to two sides attempting to achieve one end over the other.

after watching rock crock screw conventional wisdom, i think i had an epiphany.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
ive got a nice handful of vids that ill be uploading shortly. ive got some hw due at midnight but after that ill be uploading them.

Linguini vs Chops
a bit of hungry vs dop
a bit of qdvs vs chops
harriet vs green
harriet vs chops
rockcrock harriet vs hungry cack
queen colin vs hungry cack
rockrock vs col bol
a bit of Rx vs darksonic
1 match of Linguini vs Hungry

When I say "a bit of" i mean like 2 minutes into the fight of 1 match.

thats it! i wish i was able to record more but i was only able to capture 16 minutes of footage at a time (3-4 matches?) and it took me 10-15 minutes to upload them to my laptop every time. its unfortunate exarchs setup didnt work with my laptop. the quality of vids look good right now but hopefully theyll look alright on high quality youtube.

Chops get in the mood and train me sometime i wanna get f**kin' ripped

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
A TON of Caliburforum people? What kind of Calibur scene does FL even have today to justify such supposed hyperbole? While I'm not currently playing SC4, I've been around the scene a long time. What are some recognizable names attending?

If your response holds up, I may try and get Sighrax to take me to this.

-Kimosaabe

We got the word out in several places:

http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34906

http://www.gigabitslan.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5522#post5522

(Orlando forums are down, but its posted there)

UCF campus has our fliers now, including Play N' Trade (who is sponsoring this event by giving more prizes)

I have ~9 of my friends alone coming.

As for actual names, Icekid is the biggest name that I can recall. His crew should be there, including some from South Florida and Tampa. I'm not sure who those other names are, you know more about the SC4 community than I do most likely, a ton for you might be different.

Also including you, if you decide to help make this event worth making once a month :)
I dunno, it's up to you. If everybody says "I'll only go if there is a huge turnout" then there won't be an impressive turnout. Best thing to do is to just go, really.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Cow goes "Moo!" and Captain Falcon goes "Yee-es! M-M-MOVES!"

I just found out I dont have homework tonight so I'm gonna be uploading right now. Check youtube around 9 PM. *I'll post links.

Edit: 111,709,097. I dont know if thats bytes or kilobytes but its a really big number. its been 15 minutes and only 9% is done of one vid!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I slipped away last night
Took me away from sight and the place I know.
All crushed upon my skin
This mess I put you in and the punch i thrown.
It was a strange reaction
for someone like you to remain on side
And in a chain reaction
I was down and calling for a place to hide.

I saw a broken arm
Machines will all break down in the way I know.
Mended and all made clean
I saw up on the screen all the stones I throw.

It was a strange reaction
for someone like you to remain so sure
And in a chain reaction
I dissolve and break and then away I crawl

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ive got a nice handful of vids that ill be uploading shortly. ive got some hw due at midnight but after that ill be uploading them.

Linguini vs Chops
a bit of hungry vs dop
a bit of qdvs vs chops
harriet vs green
harriet vs chops
rockcrock harriet vs hungry cack
queen colin vs hungry cack
rockrock vs col bol
a bit of Rx vs darksonic
1 match of Linguini vs Hungry

When I say "a bit of" i mean like 2 minutes into the fight of 1 match.

thats it! i wish i was able to record more but i was only able to capture 16 minutes of footage at a time (3-4 matches?) and it took me 10-15 minutes to upload them to my laptop every time. its unfortunate exarchs setup didnt work with my laptop. the quality of vids look good right now but hopefully theyll look alright on high quality youtube.

Chops get in the mood and train me sometime i wanna get f**kin' ripped
it wasnt that i wasnt in the modd i had to leave right after the tourney. and i irritated the way i played. thats all.

Lol why is there so many pictures of me

Dr. Barban20

Smash Rookie
Fun, but disappointing. Next time I think I'll go all yoshi.

Zoro sucks that we had to play each other again, next time I'll play yoshi against you since it didn't get 3 stocked like my fox.
At&t + Marin gg's had fun.
Toobz fun friendlies maybe next yoshi will win.
Linguini you owe me $20 bro, don't forget.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
FVCK!!!!!!!!! it is SOOOOOOOOOO GAY that i couldnt attend this for more than like 2 and a half hours. I was having so much fun being here and i was only here for like 2 hours!!!! i wish i could have teamed with hbox. i know we could have gotten 1st. And i wish i could have entered singles cuz i know i would have *****!!!!!!!!!!

but alas, WENDY'S HAD TO BE GAY FVCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

-hiro

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Were full results posted anywhere? Figured I had a decent shot at placing top 10 since I lost to Colbol so late in the tournament.

Peace and prosperity to all those I played, particularly xYz who has managed to delude himself into thinking his Falcon is prettier than mine :D

It's cool though, I know I'm terrible at this game.

I've been bitten by the Melee bug again. Expect me to be a serious threat at the next tourney (whenever that is, PLEASE someone step up).

-Kimosabae

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Were full results posted anywhere? Figured I had a decent shot at placing top 10 since I lost to Colbol so late in the tournament.

Peace and prosperity to all those I played, particularly xYz who has managed to delude himself into thinking his Falcon is prettier than mine :D

I've been bitten by the Melee bug again. Expect me to be a serious threat at the next tourney (whenever that is, PLEASE someone step up).

-Kimosabae
It was really cool meeting you. Hope to play you at the next gigs! You're falcon's pretty **** sexy.

I was having internet issues last night so vids will be up today.

Life After Death

Smash Champion

-Kimosabae
u got 7th or 9th

Finch

Smash Lord
Fun, but disappointing. Next time I think I'll go all yoshi.

Zoro sucks that we had to play each other again, next time I'll play yoshi against you since it didn't get 3 stocked like my fox.
At&t + Marin gg's had fun.
Toobz fun friendlies maybe next yoshi will win.
Linguini you owe me $20 bro, don't forget.
****. Why do I forget that you owe me $30 every time I see you?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'd like to thank QDVS and Dop for trying to make me think I'm good at this game.

Only to get owned in the tourney again.

Noobs.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yoo synikal, come to my melee tourney iGT 6!!!! ALL MELEE YAYUHZ!!!! you mentioned once how you were going to try and show up to one of my other ones. I want my tourney to be nasty. remember guys, they bring like 12 of their own tv's!!! we got MAD setups and MAD friendlies. ask anybody whose been here. They all love iGT, yayuhz!!!!!

-hiro

and, and we would have owned you lambc0ck. We **** spacies teams.

Top Bottom