• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/11 Gigabits Melee - Falling into Melee

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Teams:

1. Chops + hungry
2. Col Bol + QDVS
3. Dop + Linguini
4. Rockcrock + Harriet
5. DF + Exarch
5. Green Mario + Ballistics (I think??)

Singles:

1. hungrybox
2. linguini
3. chops
4.Col bol
5. QDVS
5 dop
7. exarch
7. rockcrock
9. greenmario

I'm not sure on the other 9s!!!

OK, now for me to start studying for a ****load of tests!!!

Oh and to my knowledge 20 teams entered, and 42 people entered singles!!!

Melee coming back, yayuhz!!!

:colorful:

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Sick *** tournament, I had a blast playing with everyone. DAMM U HUNGRYBOX!! I will have my revenge. And GGs to all tourney people. And GGs to all friendly people. Sick stuff, if anyone wants to play hit me up with a PM or something!

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Sick *** tournament, I had a blast playing with everyone. DAMM U HUNGRYBOX!! I will have my revenge. And GGs to all tourney people. And GGs to all friendly people. Sick stuff, if anyone wants to play hit me up with a PM or something!
He got volcano kicked twice in a row in grand finals after whiffed rests, his wallet may be full but his pride is wounded >P

Iniquity

Smash Rookie
**** H.Box, Jiggly ftl

Was anybody else there to the end when the Hard Knocks kids were out passing out fliers to go to their store? rofl

Highlight of the day: The mystery person taking the giga-dumps in the toilet. I suspect Garbanzo.

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Bahaha yeah, the guy kinda creeped me out since he just wouldn't leave me alone until I wound up walking him almost to the bus stop. They're starting to put some kinda numbering system on their cards, I think so they can tell who's being the most successful.

We should start collecting them and then do something laughworthy with them. Maybe show up en-masse wearing Gigabits shirts under jackets and start complaining about the place.

vZakat

Half Genie
Congrats H.Box on winning the tourney. Now go take a shower cause you smelled like a sweaty ***. Seriously, I don't want to have to hold my breath whenever you walk past me. but yeah congrats.

Zoro

Smash Champion
So yeah F UCK my inability to play ANY fox.

Im going to drastically improve my falco for foxes. The link fox matchup is just impossible for me.

Toobz sorry i got mad but like...uuaa and so many other fox players are alot better than you and i can take them. SO i get mad when random new fox kids beat me with generic not anywhere near impressive tactics like drillshine to up smash. Good job though I cant be mad because you won only because I lost. BECAUSE OF MY CONTROLLER! Keep coming and improving I promise i wont be an ***.

Colbol-I suck lol if only you played falco....I would show you mah cambos. Controller johns
Garbonzo-seriously your hard for me to play!

Plup-your still good lol

everyone else thanks for coming you guys are so much fun to be around.

ALSO I 100% ONE MILLION TIMES BLAME MY HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE ON MY BROKEN *** CONTROLLER. When i pushed left on the c stick it would do a dair or dsmash, if i pushed l the input delay was weird and took forever. So i would try to hookshot back sometimes and i would just die cuz it took too long and everyone knows how fast i get those hookshots........

ah but no one will believe me..

skrach8

Smash Lord
hmm hungry ur too good with jiggs. some sick resting skill no doubt about it.

good job on first.

col bol u dissappoint me.

linguini u didnt win. so u dissappoint me.

dop 5th really?

looks like brawl blows the big "who cares" d!ck.

game on.

p.s. i believe you chris, even though u could call them jons as opposed to johns. which are excuses with substance behind them. lol

Finch

Smash Lord
This tournament had not enough tvs because I wanted to play like 10 times as many friendlies as I did. Zoro you suck for leaving after I sat down to play you and joe, because I really wanted to play you. Same thing with the samus player that was playing XYZ for like an hour. Joe I can't believe your zelda beat me. The first match I was just sandbagging and you came back somehow, but the second match I was really trying. That kick ***** nana hard. Marin thanks for the peach practice in teams. I actually think ics can beat her I just need experience.

I almost beat hungrybox in a friendly rofl I bet I could have won this tournament. I feel like everytime I get a grab on a floaty character that I can't chaingrab they should just die immediately, and when you're playing on yoshi's story that usually happens rofl. That's why I love ice climbers. Too bad you 3 stocked me on PS. nair to rest at 0% is such a dumb combo and it gave me a hearty chuckle. I wish it had been recorded so I could watch it all the time.

Also colin's a d!ck for making fun of me for losing to a shiek. I guess I can forgive him though since he's probably just bitter about losing to garbonzo's yoshi.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
So yeah F UCK my inability to play ANY fox.

Im going to drastically improve my falco for foxes. The link fox matchup is just impossible for me.

Toobz sorry i got mad but like...uuaa and so many other fox players are alot better than you and i can take them. SO i get mad when random new fox kids beat me with generic not anywhere near impressive tactics like drillshine to up smash. Good job though I cant be mad because you won only because I lost. BECAUSE OF MY CONTROLLER! Keep coming and improving I promise i wont be an ***.

Colbol-I suck lol if only you played falco....I would show you mah cambos. Controller johns
Garbonzo-seriously your hard for me to play!

Plup-your still good lol

everyone else thanks for coming you guys are so much fun to be around.

ALSO I 100% ONE MILLION TIMES BLAME MY HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE ON MY BROKEN *** CONTROLLER. When i pushed left on the c stick it would do a dair or dsmash, if i pushed l the input delay was weird and took forever. So i would try to hookshot back sometimes and i would just die cuz it took too long and everyone knows how fast i get those hookshots........

ah but no one will believe me..
LOL Yeah I've accepted the fact that pretty much everyone at that tourney was better than me. I just got lucky and won as much as I did by being patient and keeping things basic. That sucks about your controller. Our matches went down to 1 stock each, so really it could have gone either way. GG dude.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Overall it was a fun event, It's good to see a lot of the old schoolers who came to this event that originally made these tournaments the way they are now. Lol @ HK trying to flier you guys. If they do something like that again (like following you guys to the bus stop.... creepy) just let us know. It isn't the first time they've tried something like that.

11/8/08 SOUL CAL IV tourney!

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs.

exarch - you're amazing. way to lose to
. scrub.

apollo - lawl green mario

dark sonic - peach johns! but way to make thomas work. DI! meanwhile, i so sry 4 my performance

htg - you're still amazing. but no friendlies! :(

colin - u noob! go frag yourself. oh wait, wrong game.

lol rock - 10stock

toobz - <3 the fox. keep practicing. modesty shows capacity for skill. i expect great things!

dk - ganon's looking sexier by the tournament.

the super bad*** captain falcon that i forget the name of - holy **** on a ****ing piece of ****! dear gawd keep it up.

moar l8r if i can remember

melee is so going to make mlg again if this ish continues to kick as much *** as it does

Vijin

Smash Ace
Fun Gigabits! EVen though I only entered doubles, I haven't been to one of these in a long time. It was fun just just being able to see everybody again, chilling and watching the matches. Good to see you guys again.

Who's going to that Soul Caliber tournament in November?!

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Fun Gigabits! EVen though I only entered doubles, I haven't been to one of these in a long time. It was fun just just being able to see everybody again, chilling and watching the matches. Good to see you guys again.

Who's going to that Soul Caliber tournament in November?!

A TON of people from caliburforum plan on going to it. I dare say this might actually match the turnouts for smash. Sighrax is here right now and he told me a lot of his friends plan on going to.

Top Bottom