• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Actually Wobbles became known for it at NCT2.

I've heard that Chu has used it as far back as OC2, although I don't know if he did it during a tournament match. Maybe that's why Wobbles gets all the notoriety.
isnt it just the freeze glitch for the IC's?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Geez. For the fear of this becoming a Wobbles thread,
please direct all your wobble inquires, here.-----------------> (X)

Haveagoodday.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah

Actually Wobbles became known for it at NCT2.

I've heard that Chu has used it as far back as OC2, although I don't know if he did it during a tournament match. Maybe that's why Wobbles gets all the notoriety.
not saying where his popularity came from. The term wobbles wasnt used until ken spread it at one of the mlg events. Nct2 wasnt it. Before people just called it the infinite. Wobbles the term became associated with it because of mlg vegas and ken saying hes wobbling. Then people just used the term with that now every time an ice climber player does it. And yes chu dat was doing it long before wobbles was, but like i mention most ice climbers players didnt use it because of the fear of it being a broken move. Just like how ken made up the ken combo for himself and spread the champ combo name.

There are more smash related terms created by people like wave dashing or spiking, or shining. These terms were created by matt deezie and crew.

Ken was the first to dash dance, but the term dash dancing wasnt associated with it until matt deezie combined the two.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright

Zack Soup taught wobbling to the world...that is he taught it to Wobbles!!!

:colorful:
i think thats enough posts about wobbles or what the wobbling technique is. Lets get back on board about oc3 questions and information people have regarding the tournament. etc.

if you havent registered please do so. Also register your flight information.

araknophobik

Smash Master
araknophobik, you said you were willing to help pick up people from ontario airport, I do not know if its a good or bad idea. People complain about everything, meaning if you happen to screw up its us on the line. In addition, ontario airport isnt one of the listed airports posted by us meaning if people fly in there, its up to them to find a ride to the venue and wouldnt be our fault for their problems. Meaning if you pick them up expect a handful of trouble. Thus, I will discuss this with staff before replying back to you.
well i just suggested the ontario airport because i recall last year at oc2 a player from alaska i think (i believe it was lunaris) pm'd me asking if i could pick him up from the ontario airport because apparently he had family in the area

I am not asking to be part of the staff, but i just realized the venue is 20minutes away from my appartment and 15 min away from the ontario airport
thus, if you and ken approve of this, i am more than willing to pick up people from ontario airport and house them

i am mainly extending this offer to CoK and Chillin, because they're the OOS'ers that i am most eager to play

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
if people are looking for hotels around the area, these are the best choices

Norwalk Marriott
- marriott.com
13111 Sycamore Dr, Norwalk - (562) 863-5555

Best Western-Norwalk
- www.bestwesterncalifornia.com
10902 Firestone Boulevard, Norwalk - (562) 929-8831

Ramada Inn Norwalk
- maps.google.com
12500 Firestone Blvd, Norwalk - (562) 868-0991

I tried posting it on the 1st page but seems to keep on freezing on me

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
not saying where his popularity came from. The term wobbles wasnt used until ken spread it at one of the mlg events. Nct2 wasnt it. Before people just called it the infinite. Wobbles the term became associated with it because of mlg vegas and ken saying hes wobbling. Then people just used the term with that now every time an ice climber player does it. And yes chu dat was doing it long before wobbles was, but like i mention most ice climbers players didnt use it because of the fear of it being a broken move. Just like how ken made up the ken combo for himself and spread the champ combo name.

There are more smash related terms created by people like wave dashing or spiking, or shining. These terms were created by matt deezie and crew.

Ken was the first to dash dance, but the term dash dancing wasnt associated with it until matt deezie combined the two.

oh thats kinda like how people say "JV4stocked" and such because JV used it at one of the MLG events, oh cept JV took that term from me :/ fantastic!

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
how about a Kiss from me instead? :love:

lunin, is silentspectre going? I don't see his name on the sign ups list. It was a shame he missed it last time, he better not miss it this time.
SilentSpectre as well as all the other Baysians are going. We're comin' down in the car of ****.

LunInSpectra
SilentSpectre
TANG
Falcomist
MyKo
Zhu
AznDanny

:), can't wait.

And, well, a kiss...........................................................you can give one to SilentSpectre. I sorta lost all my kissing techniques when Manacloud lunged, attacked, strapped down -- well, yeah, you get the point. :)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright

well i just suggested the ontario airport because i recall last year at oc2 a player from alaska i think (i believe it was lunaris) pm'd me asking if i could pick him up from the ontario airport because apparently he had family in the area

I am not asking to be part of the staff, but i just realized the venue is 20minutes away from my appartment and 15 min away from the ontario airport
thus, if you and ken approve of this, i am more than willing to pick up people from ontario airport and house them

i am mainly extending this offer to CoK and Chillin, because they're the OOS'ers that i am most eager to play
if you want to pick up chillindude and cok you are more then welcomed.

oh crap looks like north cals asian invasion is comming by boat.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice

We all know that what ken says is considered the word of god in the smash world to many players... But dash dancing is as far back as ssb64, ken didn't invent it, the first one to use it well in melee maybe, but not the inventor.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
oh thats kinda like how people say "JV4stocked" and such because JV used it at one of the MLG events, oh cept JV took that term from me :/ fantastic!
Interesting. I always thought that Cubed started the exact terminology of jv-whatever stock after jv explained his philosophy to him at FoBII.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I started calling out the Wobbles from NCT2 and it grew from there, yo! Waaaay before Vegas

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright guys

First off where are all the banners for this competition. Remember you are only competing against the others who also register for oc3. Meaning if nobody does this banner competition and you happen to enter your chances of winning it are high. Apparently a lot arent entering so good luck to the rest of the competitors. Also do not forget there is a thread for oc3 banners in the art emporium and that is where we the judges will be judging from. So post your finalized banner there. Also do not forget to put your banner in your signature and link it to this thread as well. The rules are in the oc3 banner thread in the art emporium if you happen to forget. Now on to other news.

updates on the oc3 tshirt design. Colors arent added yet more characters to be added soon. Inking this thing is taking forever. Thats what happens when you try to draw all 26 characters in smash bros. Also lots of peach players were complaining that peach wasnt on the design before. Im running out of room for god sakes =).

I think i have 5 characters left to do: ganon,dr mario , zelda, young link ,yoshi
for the coloring i think im going to cell shade two shades. Hopefully making coloring the shirts cheaper when printing.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I always thought that Cubed started the exact terminology of jv-whatever stock after jv explained his philosophy to him at FoBII.
Yeah, if I remember from an azen vs isai match at an mlg last year, ken and jv were commenting and talking about it. Basically jv said "once ken started saying it, I knew it was catching on." Once ken says stuff, it becomes terminology I think...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
DarkMusician:

I recently had to go on a short trip to LA on bussiness and I was able to rent a car. I'm only 21. There was an extra fee though. They may check your credit too, but you can do it.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I don't know if I'm going to this. Nevertheless though, manacloud, that picture is coming out amazing. You really know how to emphasize the proportions of each character, and the facial expressions draw out the detail emmensely. The detail on the Fox and Marth's hair look great. And Peach looks good. It's coming out great.

Doraki

Smash Lord
As OC3 staff, I can house people who plan on coming to EVO West right here in Sunny San Diego! Who wants some San Diego Love? <3
I need housing ! I PM'd you a while back, dunno if you saw the message..
I'd like to know that I'll be somewhere safe with a bed, for a change.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I like the drawing so far, but Marth and Peach's awesome-ness makes Pichu, Pkachu, and Ness look really bad ): Actually, all the middle through top tier guys look awesome!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah

I don't know if I'm going to this. Nevertheless though, manacloud, that picture is coming out amazing. You really know how to emphasize the proportions of each character, and the facial expressions draw out the detail emmensely. The detail on the Fox and Marth's hair look great. And Peach looks good. It's coming out great.
im glad people are liking the shirts. I think it will look better once the colors are added so there is no confusion in our eyes between which character is who. Thats why right now some characters look better than others or maybe its just peoples tastes heh.

Nite

Smash Champion
I agree Mana. I really like the Peach, Marth, Fox (Most of the characters for that matter) The kirby looks perfect imo. I love the way you drew DK as well. It's very unique and creative. Keep up the good work.

-Rev-

Smash Rookie
Hopefully you don't make the DVD a pay to watch, just release it through torrent/DC++ or something, if you do make a dvd. I can't make it sadly. GL with it though.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully you don't make the DVD a pay to watch, just release it through torrent/DC++ or something, if you do make a dvd. I can't make it sadly. GL with it though.
Well, a DVD is an object, so I don't think you can release it through the internet (: And they will most likely sell the DVD, like they sold the 0C2 DVD.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Whoa, I kept thinking this was in Santa Fe near San Diego.

Yay for less gas! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom