• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
all right lets get off this chess stuff, cuzz i suck at it, but ill be willing to money match anyone. Only in falco dittos.

D1

Banned via Administration
So I'm comin from NYC for this does this mean I could fly in on Wednesday? Will I be accomodated w/ housing or should I find a hotel : (?

(Strapped for cash cuz of FC+OC : ( (help a brother out : D)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
So I'm comin from NYC for this does this mean I could fly in on Wednesday? Will I be accomodated w/ housing or should I find a hotel : (?

(Strapped for cash cuz of FC+OC : ( (help a brother out : D)
thursday night or Friday morning would be a lot better. you should ask around socal for housing before the event if you want to come wednesday. Other than that you can chip in for a hotel for a day with other smashers who wish to come on wednesday and it would be pretty cheap.

It seems a lot of OOS's want to come thursday night. I think the best option is to group up with other people deciding to also fly in thursday night and get a motel near the venue. That way the cost would be too expensive since I know most of you are on tight budgets. Moreover, no one would have to worry about housing, I mean it's just for one night anyways.

Of course the 0c3 staff will glady pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the motel. Groups of 4's would be nice.

Zjiin

Smash Master
So housing at the venue during the weekend is available? I'm going to be staying out there the week after OC3, as will Eddie. Just wondering... is anyone else planing on enjoying the rest of the week in Cali also?

Yeah, housing would be nice for the price, but realistically I'm probably going to be at a motel. (or sleeping on the beach:chuckle:) Since i'm not completely ********, I'm not expecting housing for a whole week lol. So if anyone wants to jump in on a hotel/motel, lemme know. Although i understand most of you are leaving the day the tourney ends.

~Z

TwilightKing

Smash Cadet
Man, I live right near Japan (Saipan) and I have the money to attend I just think I'm not good enough to attend OC3 -_-" Maybe when Brawl comes out I can get good enough to compete in OC. But If I can play you, Ken as a First match, I probably lose to anyone else there , I would consider going :p

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Man, I live right near Japan (Guam) and I have the money to attend I just think I'm not good enough to attend OC3 -_-" Maybe when Brawl comes out I can get good enough to compete in OC. But If I can play you, Ken as a First match, I probably lose to anyone else there , I would consider going :p
you should just go regardless to get to know the community more even if you arent good. Its a vacation since you are traveling so far. Also bombsoldier will be here.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Is there a thread for us OOSers to get try and get together and pool our resources for a motel that's near the venue? Because as sexy as staying at the venue and playing Smash all night long sounds, at some point, I think I would like a shower and a shave... I think most everyone would appreciate not having to smell a bunch of B.O. and I-Stayed-Up-All-Night-Breath(especially the ladies;)).

If this isn't the proper forum for this, I apologize in advance. Any interested parties that want to do this, please drop me a PM.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Ken, I've got a quick question for ya. Could you give me a rough estimate for the doubles time schedule? I know that it ends after international crew, but how late to each day do we plan on smashing for, and when do you think (what time are you planning around) doubles to start and end? The reason I ask is because I'm taking this girl I'm seeing to a Daft Punk concert that Saturday, it starts at 9:00PM and it takes 30 minutes to get to the venue so I'll probably have to leave around 7:00 or so to get good seats. I expect that foxroar and I will advance in our bracket, then probably win a game or two in the 64 man bracket. Assuming we get that far, what time would it end at, and what time do you think the pools will end at (so I would know if we could at least play pools, since there's always a chance we could possibly not advance)? I don't want to have to abandon him in the middle of it and have him forfeit, unless he could have a new teammate instead of me set to play, but I'm not sure on the rules on that.

Thanks Ken!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Ken, I've got a quick question for ya. Could you give me a rough estimate for the doubles time schedule? I know that it ends after international crew, but how late to each day do we plan on smashing for, and when do you think (what time are you planning around) doubles to start and end? The reason I ask is because I'm taking this girl I'm seeing to a Daft Punk concert that Saturday, it starts at 9:00PM and it takes 30 minutes to get to the venue so I'll probably have to leave around 7:00 or so to get good seats. I expect that foxroar and I will advance in our bracket, then probably win a game or two in the 64 man bracket. Assuming we get that far, what time would it end at, and what time do you think the pools will end at (so I would know if we could at least play pools, since there's always a chance we could possibly not advance)? I don't want to have to abandon him in the middle of it and have him forfeit, unless he could have a new teammate instead of me set to play, but I'm not sure on the rules on that.

Thanks Ken!
we are hoping to end by 10pm everyday tentative. It could still change. Also since you are leaving we could possibly do all your matches first or something.

TwilightKing

Smash Cadet
Hey Ken, Mana or anyone else...Can you guys provide me with Bombsoldeir's flight Schedule, My flight to Mainland US transits through Japan then Hawaii and finally Cali. If I can get his scheule I can have a more interesting flight, I speak pretty good Japanese so Maybe I can make friends with the guy.

Is there a thread for us OOSers to get try and get together and pool our resources for a motel that's near the venue? Because as sexy as staying at the venue and playing Smash all night long sounds, at some point, I think I would like a shower and a shave... I think most everyone would appreciate not having to smell a bunch of B.O. and I-Stayed-Up-All-Night-Breath(especially the ladies;)).

If this isn't the proper forum for this, I apologize in advance. Any interested parties that want to do this, please drop me a PM.
I was actually thinking about doing something like this,but being short on cash really sucks.

So i'm just going to use some listerine,and wait till' I get home to shower.It would have been great to pitch in though.

As for now,I need myself a ride(I have everything else).I can definatly pay for gas money.If anyone is interested in helping a poor guy out(lip quiver,lol),send me a PM or an E-mail to my flooded mail box.

Oh,and I live in LongBeach(Area code:562,Zip code:90805).

Gaara♥

Smash Master
out of curiousity... what is Bombsoldiers real name??
and Ken, that sig is AWESOME!
and also... if i end up NOT going somehow, will there still be a way to get a shirt?? I might have to attend for that reason alone.. hahahaha

Lixivium

Smash Champion
*looks at ken's sig*
Now I finally know what Bombsoldier looks like. That sig is top tier for that reason alone.
That's probably not what he looks like now...unless he's so poor that he hasn't had any new clothes (or a haircut) since JGT.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Hey Ken, Mana or anyone else...Can you guys provide me with Bombsoldeir's flight Schedule, My flight to Mainland US transits through Japan then Hawaii and finally Cali. If I can get his scheule I can have a more interesting flight, I speak pretty good Japanese so Maybe I can make friends with the guy.
hes going to fly in 3 days in advance before the tourney the chances that you and him are on the same flight is rare, so there is no point in giving out his flight info. Sorry to dissappoint you...

Houseofgaara- hopefully we will find a way to make the shirts available to all.

Lix - its funny that you mention that. Bombsoldier does wear one outfit last time i saw him. He wore it for a week. Hes either dirty or hes poor.

Vegard

Smash Lord
BombSoldier is so poor that his family can't provide him clothes, but can afford a GameCube with Smash brothers.. and what it costs to get that pro. >_>

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
That's probably not what he looks like now...unless he's so poor that he hasn't had any new clothes (or a haircut) since JGT.
lol he still looks the same. Same hair cut, same face, except he grew a bit more. I think he's 5'9'' now :chuckle:

BombSoldier is so poor that his family can't provide him clothes, but can afford a GameCube with Smash brothers.. and what it costs to get that pro. >_>
he doesn't own a gamecube, he goes to other smasher's houses to play. :)

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
we are hoping to end by 10pm everyday tentative. It could still change. Also since you are leaving we could possibly do all your matches first or something.
Okay sick, that sounds good, I'm sure we could figure out something. Also, I know spectators are supposed to pay $50 to watch, but would it be alright if she came over on Saturday for a few hours before we left to the concert? That way I don't have to drive for an extra hour and a half to pick her up (crazy enough, she likes Smash).

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Okay sick, that sounds good, I'm sure we could figure out something. Also, I know spectators are supposed to pay $50 to watch, but would it be alright if she came over on Saturday for a few hours before we left to the concert? That way I don't have to drive for an extra hour and a half to pick her up (crazy enough, she likes Smash).
sorry kokichi, but if i gave you that right everyone would try to do it. Meaning someone will have a girlfriend and say hey i got a girl friend who just wants to come watch the last couple hours of me playing etc etc. Last year at oc2 we had tons of people just sneak in and they were just spectating they even brought controllers and got some matches. This year it is a big no. The venue will be secured, and if people want to get in theres a very small gap. So sorry its a no. We have to go by our rules to make the environment fair for all.

game2 weve been quite busy. Ken will probably update the first page today with your sponsorship.

Also im quite suprised that people didnt know what the wobbles technique is. Im even more suprised that it was in mlg vegas that ken and i called it the wobbles where now everyone calls it that. The technique was discovered by many but nobody used the name of the guy who actually used it the most. Most ice climbers players didnt use it because they thought it was a cheap tactic to win.

jon playa

Smash Cadet
Will anyone be doing any 64 MM's? Who's really good at that one that's going to OC3? I cant wait to play some MM with ness.

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
zivilyn, arash, mana and anyone else that plays chess. my friend might come to OC3 from the east coast. but he can only come if he has some MM in chess so he can make some of the ticket money back. any takers? and how much?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

zivilyn, arash, mana and anyone else that plays chess. my friend might come to OC3 from the east coast. but he can only come if he has some MM in chess so he can make some of the ticket money back. any takers? and how much?
chess takes a long time to play but his best bet is to play against arash. hes probably the best chess player at oc3. I havent played in ages, plus im against betting.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Also im quite suprised that people didnt know what the wobbles technique is. Im even more suprised that it was in mlg vegas that ken and i called it the wobbles where now everyone calls it that. The technique was discovered by many but nobody used the name of the guy who actually used it the most. Most ice climbers players didnt use it because they thought it was a cheap tactic to win.
Actually Wobbles became known for it at NCT2.

I've heard that Chu has used it as far back as OC2, although I don't know if he did it during a tournament match. Maybe that's why Wobbles gets all the notoriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom