• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. So the tickets that bombsoldier got were not a round trip? I remember Ken paying for his ticket here, right? So we are helping Bombsoldier go back to Japan, right? Just out of curiosity, how much did the venue cost? I mean, if Mana can make a lot of extra money, perhaps these matches with BS and Disc wouldn't be an issue, that is if you predict that the DVD's will sell and the T-shirts too, Mana. Like Mana said, it would of been a lot more simple if we" the smash community" donated 5 $ for the tickets, but we didn't, so why is Bombsoldier here? Not saying that I don't admire the japanese, I do, but just because he came from a long distance, why does it give him the merit of only playing people who would pay 20$. I mean, this is Mana's " rule", right? STB, ( Sex Train Banditos) are spending 1,500 minimum to get to OC3. Can there be a rule created for us? Just to be clear, money isn't the issue here, I got money, but whats up with this favoring bull. Theres plenty of people who are spending money to get here and on top of that paying for the entry, not saying its too much. I want to play bombsildier, but in order to play him, I "MUST" pay 20$ for a match. Now, if Bombsoldier does meet his goal of 2,700 dollars, can we play him without this fee? But wait a minute, you can't do that because it wouldn't be fair for those who did pay 20$ for his tickets. So even if BS meets his goal we can't play him without a fee right? Now, if BS does meet meet his goal, then he had to pay nothing to enter this tourney, that is if he didn't have to pay for the entry because of his money crisis. Now if this does happen, that means the "smash community" will now be in debt. Why? because a lot of us are saving up to go to this. and we are not getting our money back.
"there is no favoring bull here. The only person being favored is bombsoldier" -Ken
do you really need to ask this? its not like ken and mana wont let bombsoldier play someone for free. hes not a slave or something. if bombsoldier wants to play someone for free....im sure hes allowed to do it. >.>
yes Rofl is correct. If bombsoldier goes " I want to kick that guys *** and play smash" by all means play smash. However, this would probably be a rare occasion seeing that he'd rather make money and save the good matches for tournament play.
"Bombsoldier is a Japanese professional smasher who is best known for coming from relative obscurity to defeat Masashi and then nearly [to] defeat Ken to place 2nd at the Jack Garden tournament in Japan. Bombsoldier's Falco, known as the most powerful Falco in Japan (where there are a lot of other important players like Masashi and Hiko) and one of faster Falco in the world..." -SmashWiki

Now...Vat"O" who the f*** are you? How many hundreds of thousands of views has a handful of your smash videos racked up, or threads and posts been made about you or mentioning you either flaming or worshipping? I'm glad money is not a problem for you, but it is for Bombsoldier, who to countless, like it or not, is one of the following: a god, a living legend, notorious, famous, infamous, depending on your view of him. Unfortunately Bombsoldier, as I've heard, was raised in poverty in rural Japan and by virtue of his skill and talent was able to make a name for himself by being lucky enough to be at a tournament that Ken and Masashi were attending.

Consider Bombsoldier's attendance at OC3 a scholarship of sorts, making available to him through his past merit what only the privileged or fortunate are granted, which is the chance to compete and showcase himself at a grand tournament such as this. A smash Cinderella story is at our hands thanks to the generosity of Ken, mana, and certain members of the smash community.

Your post is despicable not only because it is full of whining, invalid points, and certainly not least illegibility, but most of all because of the selfishness it displays. In your post you begin with "I didn't pay for Bombsoldier to be here, so why is he here? I want to play Bombsoldier, why do I have to pay? Even though I have money, I paid a lot to get here so give me back some of my money or pay to play my relatively unknown crew and me also." Worst of all, after your selfish remarks you mention the "smash community" when in fact the malice you showed toward Bombsoldier's cause reveals disrespect toward watching the highest level of play amongst the best competitors, especially from someone who has contributed greatly to the growth and evolution of the smash scene.

Good job reiterating Ken's point that there is no favoring bull going on, because the favoritism being shown is charity toward a worthy cause, and not a scrub like you. Great job quoting it in your signature out of context because that helps everyone know how ignorant, indecent, and immature you are.

For those that still do not understand and for the last time:
1) Bombsoldier has the right to choose with whom he does or does not want to play like any other person.
2) Playing with Bombsoldier is not your right, it is a privilege and not all privileges are free.
3) Ken and mana are not scheming money, but instead came up with an idea and created a mechanism to help raise funds for a charitable cause.
4) If you want to play Bombsoldier so badly, $20 is a godsend compared to the cost of round-trip tickets to Japan plus the cost of food and lodging. Ken and mana have kindly made him available to everyone.

Thank you for your time for anyone who has read this. I apologize to anyone offended.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Now...Vat"O" who the f*** are you? How many hundreds of thousands of views has a handful of your smash videos racked up, or threads and posts been made about you or mentioning you either flaming or worshipping? I'm glad money is not a problem for you, but it is for Bombsoldier, who to countless, like it or not, is one of the following: a god, a living legend, notorious, famous, infamous, depending on your view of him. Unfortunately Bombsoldier, as I've heard, was raised in poverty in rural Japan and by virtue of his skill and talent was able to make a name for himself by being lucky enough to be at a tournament that Ken and Masashi were attending.
Who are you?

Who said that money is not a problem for the STB? We've been saving up for this thing for months, son. Money is more of a problem for us than you might think, we saved up and did this thing right, just like you and every other smasher coming to this thing.

We know all about Bombsoldier and his achievements, and most of STB are willing to pay the $20 to play him, including Vato. He was just asking, although a bit tactless, but hey so are you. It's just disillusioning that even though many people would pay to play BS, only an estimated 35 will get to play him. The highest bidders will probably get to play him first, and being that he won't play that much, that leaves a lot of us with Bombsoldier blue balls anyway.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Ken should have learned from last year and went ahead and bought tickets for Bombsoldier and Disc while they were still cheap, then asked for donations later. I can see how the other Japanese players might feel slighted by this, but it's what ended up happening anyway, just for $1000 more.

Speaking of which, isn't Bombsoldier at least 16 by now? Why does he still need Disc to go with him? I can't imagine Disc would be any more accustomed to international travel than his younger brother.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Ken should have learned from last year and went ahead and bought tickets for Bombsoldier and Disc while they were still cheap, then asked for donations later. I can see how the other Japanese players might feel slighted by this, but it's what ended up happening anyway, just for $1000 more.

Speaking of which, isn't Bombsoldier at least 16 by now? Why does he still need Disc to go with him? I can't imagine Disc would be any more accustomed to international travel than his younger brother.
yes, blame me, it's all my fault. :urg:

bombsoldier is16 now, however his parents do not trust him enough to let him travel alone. Would your parents let you travel alone to a foreign country if you were 16 years old if someone that you knew (not your parents) offered to pay for your ticket over there?

I know my parents wouldn't. Anyways let's stop the arguing and name calling.

0c3 is in a month is everyone ready! It's going to be so much fun! even for me and Im running this thing. Can't wait to see everyone's faces again, especially the hawaiians. (favoritism right here) quote me :)

How come I haven't seen any 0c3 banners? hmm, if no one enters except 1 person that means... that one persons gonna win!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
0c3 is in a month is everyone ready! It's going to be so much fun! even for me and Im running this thing. Can't wait to see everyone's faces again, especially the hawaiians. (favoritism right here) quote me :)
Hehehe quoted. =D

Wow Ken. Thank you! ^_^ I didn't go to 0C2 last year. (So wish I knew about it T_T)

You'll definately be seeing some familiar and some new faces besides mine. I don't know bout the others but I am totally stoked and I can't think of a better way to cap off my summer! I have no idea how much I'll win, but it's all about the exp. for me. lolz

manacloud1

Smash Champion
i would like to add

for all those who are staying at the venue, remember people are thieves. Although some may say hey they are smashers we've learned from other past major events that people will try to steal.

At oc3 we will not tolerate it and if it happens and we catch people in the act, chances are they are going to jail. And nobody wants to go to jail for attending a smash tournament. So with that said, please keep your belongings in a safe place at all times where you can keep an eye on it.

The argument for bombsoldier will never end. Regardless of whether people agree or disagree, Ken, I, and staff are the hosts and this is how its going to work. We know bombsoldier best. Right now it seems everyone wants a shot at him and chances are he will quit after 15 matches by being tired, but it will be his choice, but oh well those 15 guys who play him are lucky. They can actually quit smash saying they have faced one of the best falcos in the world at oc3 and for a mere 20( I know i would quit smash happy). This is one of the other reasons why I wanted it to only be best out of 3. So more people can play, but most are arguing it should be best out of 5. That is why the highest bidders will only get to play him. It is supply and demand. The argument on bombsoldier is closed after this post(people posting afterwards will get warnings). We are tired of people whining, no matter how anyone feels on either side.

At the tournament nothing will change, it will be a minimum of 20 dollars to play him and the highest bidder gets to play him first. So when i announce bombsoldier is making his appearance and you happen to be a bs fan get in line infront of the guy who also wants to play him. Then I will announce highest bidders first, which means all the people who really care about the japanese will donate more meaning they will get a better chance of playing him, even if the guys sucks. I do not care about whos good in this case, but that I care about who wants to help him. So we should stop with the arguments, and get back on the topic of: money matches, banners, t shirts, and oc3.

oh btw, whos expecting to buy a shirt? Also another quick question: would people rather buy a high quality shirt for 35 dollars , or a low quality shirt for 25, because a company I know is willing to do it for more. And of course people are wondering why it is 35 ill explain now: the companies ink is high quality ink, and since the image is so colorful because it is smash the darn price jacked. Lower quality shirt has less highlights and bold colors.

Drephen

Smash Master
lol i dont get tired of smash even after 80 matches

i dont agree with the whole "paying for friendlies" idea but mana is right it is his tournament and he can do what he wants

if i really want to play bombsolider i'll just do it when i see him in the finals =)

_milktea

Smash Lord
Honestly, people have to shut up about OC3. The endless arguing gets old. If you have a problem with the way Ken and Mana are doing things, keep it to yourself, or don't go, or at least suggest things in a civilized manner.

Oh wait, but everybody's GOING to go because everyone knows OC3 is going to be a great tournament. I'm sure that OC2 was such a big hit because obviously, Ken and Mana are horrendous tournament hosts.

So maybe paying for friendlies is not fair, or what, but think of it this way: Without Ken and Mana? There would BE no Japanese. If you're going to argue and say, "I don't care if they come.", then why complain about paying for friendlies? You don't want to play them anyways.

Oh, and I want a t-shirt :)! And I believe I'm buying one for someone who isn't going too.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

lol i dont get tired of smash even after 80 matches

i dont agree with the whole "paying for friendlies" idea but mana is right it is his tournament and he can do what he wants

if i really want to play bombsolider i'll just do it when i see him in the finals =)
yeah those who meet bombsoldier in the tournament will be quite lucky and be quite unlucky at the same time. If you donate to play him thats only losing 20 bucks towards his cause, if you lose in the tournament you lose a chance at the jack pot prize and to advance in the tournament. However, if you beat him, wow, the best of both worlds.

We also should have brought over thunders, he plays 99 stock matches and he took out ken, me, and then isai. Most of us didnt feel like playing after 50 stocks were left, but he was still moving all fast and energetic, like we just started.

I also still want to know whether people want high quality t shirts for more money or low quality shirts for less money. the company is professional that is all i know.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if ken and mana made people who fought bombsolider in the tourney bracket pay $20.

How about this.

The morons who actually pay 20 bucks to play bombsolider get refunded thier cash after you guys(sephigayKen and manaGay) make millions off your DVD.

This is like a smash concentration camp tourney.

Ken can't win tournies anymore so he has to result to being gay and make up some irrelevent sceme and make it look like he's helping out the community.

Anyone who pays 20 bucks to play bombsolider is pathetic.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Anyone who pays 20 bucks to play bombsolider is pathetic.
I don't see why people do so much b!tching about paying money to play Bombsoldier. Nobody's forcing you to play him, and if not for Ken and Manacloud, you would never have the chance to play him anyway.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

Here you go banner makers. This is the official oc-3 logo. You can use it if you want in your banners. Just another image or tool which might help you have the winning banner.

Tshirt updates soon.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
LOL Thunders sounds like quite a guy :laugh: But yeah, mana, will t-shirts be available online via website or E-bay? I'm not exactly sure if it's a limited souvenir/memorabilia for those that attend or a way to earn extra money to help cover costs. Irregardless, the shirts and their high quality ink and vivid colors sound very appealing!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

LOL Thunders sounds like quite a guy :laugh: But yeah, mana, will t-shirts be available online via website or E-bay? I'm not exactly sure if it's a limited souvenir/memorabilia for those that attend or a way to earn extra money to help cover costs. Irregardless, the shirts and their high quality ink and vivid colors sound very appealing!
i think i will try to put it online ,but copyright issues and such. Nintendos a big hassle thats why i prefer it if you know someone in your area just buy you one. But i think ill try to find a way to get it to people who really want one.

the other issue is cost. I am trying to make a cheap shirt that is high quality which is not easy. This year we know a company who is willing to do it for 35 dollars and make it high quality or we could go with lower quality shirts that loses its color over time for cheaper at 25 bucks a shirt. I dont know what people prefer or how many people are going to buy the shirts. However, I do know one thing, Ill do my best to make the image look good.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
you could always do a minimalist shirt that has the logo on the front pocket side and the back have nothing or just text
sounds lame but so does a $35 shirt
i guess it all depends on taste but if it came down to it having a shirt with just the oc3 logo on the back doesn't sound bad

here's my idea of a cheap shirt:
front pocket oc3 logo
back "I WENT TO OC3"

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
the logo looks nice mana, it would look cool on the back/front of the t shirt. Though its practically useless for the banner. If you scale it down to fit a banner the text becomes eligible. My banner is almost done though.

AnujSuper9

Smash Lord
LOL, you're not going to have copyright issues if you try to sell it online. That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, who all from the Mighty Midwest is gonna be up in heah?

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
you know the website has those listed that registered, and where they're from

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

the logo looks nice mana, it would look cool on the back/front of the t shirt. Though its practically useless for the banner. If you scale it down to fit a banner the text becomes eligible. My banner is almost done though.
yeah i guess so. Still an option for those who dont have an idea.

Vicko I think people want a shirt with melee characters on it. Otherwise it would be a shirt with text. Ill see what I can do =).

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
yes but as you see more colors = more $$
also if you are afraid of copyright issues then that is the safest way to go
you've seen the mlg shirts and such, they're just shirts with the logo and thats it
also, the shoryuken evo shirts are just as minimal if you've ever seen them
i'd say go with a poll or something, asking whether they'd want a more colorful, vivid shirt for $30+ or a minimal shirt with the basics for $20 or less

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

Honestly I would love a T-shirt that just says "I went to OC3," no matter the cost.
im glad you would like a shirt like that, it would save me a lot of trouble without drawing the images. However, I think if i drew something It has an original design to it. Like something that just text cant bring. Ill probably reduce the color down to two shades. Dark and light.

AnujSuper9

Smash Lord
you know the website has those listed that registered, and where they're from
What website?

And, I noticed the entry fee includes housing and meals and all that stuff... is there an option for an entry fee without that stuff for ~locals? Out of curiosity.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
It'd be really cool to have one with all the characters on it, if you ask me. I mean, people will look and ask what the heck 0C3, but when they see Smash characters, they'll be like "wtf, where'd you get that? I want one"

Yeah, I dont mind spending 30 bucks on something that represents what I love to do: Smash.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Just a note from your businessman friend: Auctions = Hella money!!

Consider this:

If there is a line to play Bombsoldier for $20.00, you could always charge and additonal fee to have "next game," meaning, to cut in line.

Just some ideas. Thoma$exy is good at making money.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
What website?

And, I noticed the entry fee includes housing and meals and all that stuff... is there an option for an entry fee without that stuff for ~locals? Out of curiosity.
the uh... you know.... OC3 website
listed on the first post
the one that you register on

SK92

Smash Journeyman
yeah i guess so. Still an option for those who dont have an idea.

Vicko I think people want a shirt with melee characters on it. Otherwise it would be a shirt with text. Ill see what I can do =).

yeah i think that a shirt with a melee character such as a falco in my favor would be good, and worth spending the money on other than a shirt with text.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gimpy, don't forget our Chipotle match. It was seemingly absent from your list.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Silentwolf, Eggz, and myself are gonna be riding a train directly from FC to this.

We plan to arrive in Anaheim on the 17th...

So if anyone in SoCal is available to house us that would be so awesome. You could even charge us if money is a problem or whatever xD.

If someone could just house us one of those days that'd be great. Thanks a bunch.

I hope there isnt some housing thread I dont know about >.>.

Edit: I went in to register and train wasnt an option lolz, /panic what do i do?

Arash

Smash Lord
mark it as flight, and under comments say something like "i am taking a train"

as far as housing goes, you'd have waay better luck in the pacific west forums:)

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Ken and Mana..........you've got bright futures in marketing/promotion. I can't wait to see some new Bombsoldier vids. Ken + Bombsoldier = my computer exploded. OC3 is gonna be absolutely epic. Ken deserves mucho credit for getting Bombsoldier to come.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Ken and Mana..........you've got bright futures in marketing/promotion. I can't wait to see some new Bombsoldier vids. Ken + Bombsoldier = my computer exploded. OC3 is gonna be absolutely epic. Ken deserves mucho credit for getting Bombsoldier to come.
bright futures in marketing/ promotion? LOL, my sister is the business woman in the family , ken and i are both just artist. I dont see our futures headed that way but its funny that you think so. =).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'll be accepting MMs in Chess, 5 minutes per player (i'll bring the clock).
Arm wrestling as well, but I have to look at you first LOL
And maybe a couple in smash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom